Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Just wondering. Has anyone with a PO Box address on their drivers license been approved by Prudential? If so,
    how did you manage that? They just returned my app & said they require a drivers license with a street address
    to verify my address. And even though they returned my app to the street address that I gave them, and can
    see that it was delivered to me, they won't accept it as "proof". ?? If silver was climbing I might be inclined to
    continue playing their silly little game. But really, enough is enough. I've had the same PO Box address for the
    past 25 years and have no intention of petitioning the DMV to issue me another license with a street address
    just so I can have the privilege of spending my money with Prudential. Imagine if I went through all that & then
    received MS62s. No thanks Prudential. I'll pass.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our drivers license cannot be a PO Box, has to be a residential addy (so the cops can nab ya when you buy 2 sets).

I sent my "differing" address with a letter of explanation. Worked.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Looks like biz is good at Provident. Gettys are out of stock. Glacier still available, bargain price of $230.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
    As an update, I received my monster box of gettysburg pucks today. As I mentioned earlier, I had some pre-sold so I opened up the box right away. I was planning on posting as soon as I got the box, but I wanted to get all my pre-sales mailed out, and the box came late in the day so I had to rush to the post office.

Hopefully I attached the file correctly, this is the first of three prictures I have for you.

Here is what the unopened box looked like.

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my APMEX shipping notification - in the mail. Order #4620XXX. Sure has been a strange month for silver. Hope APMEX didn't cherry pick them.

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    Here is a picture of the opened box. The first roll in the upper right, went un-opened to the winner of my auction for a roll. The second roll I opened up and the first three coins in the roll were mailed off to the 3 pre-sales I had for individual coins. The third roll in the box will be for me to sell at my coin shows it was the first roll I opened and I have attached a picture of the top coin. I didn't have my gloves at the time, so I have not touched any of the coins in that roll yet. The rest of the rolls I have not opened, they will either go for auctions, or be sold at coin shows. When all is said and done, I will probable keep a roll or two for myself as well.

I have two more pics for you. There is a picture of an open box, and there is a picture of an open roll. I wish I could upload a higher resolution picture of the open roll, but I'm not sure how. I think all 4 of the gettysburg coins I've seen from my box looked incredible, nice mirror finishes.
  • Options
    So far so good Tomthe - that Getty is PURDY (bigger pic is in order).

I think you'll do well with these with a bit a patience. Thanks for the look.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a picture of the opened box. ......... I think all 4 of the gettysburg coins I've seen from my box looked incredible, nice mirror finishes. >>

Congrats on your purchase image

Are there any spacers between the coins in the tubes? If not, how can they sit on top of one another without scratching each other? Are you selling any on the BST, or is it just ebay? Imagine if all were DMPL 69s! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a picture of the opened box. The first roll in the upper right, went un-opened to the winner of my auction for a roll. The second roll I opened up and the first three coins in the roll were mailed off to the 3 pre-sales I had for individual coins. The third roll in the box will be for me to sell at my coin shows it was the first roll I opened and I have attached a picture of the top coin. I didn't have my gloves at the time, so I have not touched any of the coins in that roll yet. The rest of the rolls I have not opened, they will either go for auctions, or be sold at coin shows. When all is said and done, I will probable keep a roll or two for myself as well.

I have two more pics for you. There is a picture of an open box, and there is a picture of an open roll. I wish I could upload a higher resolution picture of the open roll, but I'm not sure how. I think all 4 of the gettysburg coins I've seen from my box looked incredible, nice mirror finishes. >>

That one sure appears dmpl from here image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I see that APMEX has listed that they are out of stock on both the 2011 pucks. >>

Out of stock until the spot price goes back up....image >>

Agreed. Either that or they must have had quite a run this morning, as I checked late yesterday and they had over 7,000 sets available! >>

No way did they sell out...they had 7200 left this AM. I suspect they are waiting for silver to bounce back, before they put them back up for sale.

BTW I just got online with APMEX & they are back in stock at $481 per set.

APMEX 2011 ATB >>

Ok am I missing something, I keep seeing people mention APMEX for the 2011 pucks but they are much cheaper at Provident???
  • Options
    Cheaper at Provident and Gainsville....Provident is presently out of Gettysburg
  • Options
    Could someone PLEASE explain this one to me (note...TWO sold at the BIN)

Doh!

Maybe it's the dress up clothes he wears for the picture that does it....
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted the pictures for you Tomthecoinguy :

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Tomthecoinguy...turn on your PM

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could someone PLEASE explain this one to me (note...TWO sold at the BIN)

Doh!

Maybe it's the dress up clothes he wears for the picture that does it.... >>

Actually only one sold for $1699.......the 2 alleged sales for $9999 were withdrawn by the same buyer...(entered wrong amount)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Anyone else here have an outstanding order from JHCB? Mines been sitting at Fedex Status Initiated expected to ship April 21?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is a picture of the opened box. ......... I think all 4 of the gettysburg coins I've seen from my box looked incredible, nice mirror finishes. >>

Congrats on your purchase image

Are there any spacers between the coins in the tubes? If not, how can they sit on top of one another without scratching each other? Are you selling any on the BST, or is it just ebay? Imagine if all were DMPL 69s! image >>

There is the spacer, that keeps the rolls in place, but no spacer for the individual coins.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else here have an outstanding order from JHCB? Mines been sitting at Fedex Status Initiated expected to ship April 21? >>

I sent jack a link to the ebay seller and sent the seller a note asking him how jack was? So maybe that connection has put him in panic mode and he will be sending you 69dm............image good luck imageOh jack always gave me a response and this time he didn't and nothing from the seller either BUSTED..............
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Doh!

2 sets sold at $1699. The 9999 price shows up but is not the price paid.
  • Options

<< <i>

Doh!

2 sets sold at $1699. The 9999 price shows up but is not the price paid. >>

thanks...
  • Options
    very cool stuff TomtheCoinGuy. Thanks for posting your purchase. I'm sure if you have any leftovers, people here will be willing to jump in. image
  • Options

<< <i>Tomthecoinguy...turn on your PM >>

Done, I figured PM on was the default.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Silver continues its wild ride today. The G&G set is down to $509 a pair on Provident.

Provident

Really tempting to pick up some. >>

$460 now. >>

$428 now!

I am glad I cancelled my order with Amark.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Silver continues its wild ride today. The G&G set is down to $509 a pair on Provident.

Provident

Really tempting to pick up some. >>

$460 now. >>

$428 now!

I am glad I cancelled my order with Amark. >>

when and how did you cancel your order?
  • Options
    Tuesday. I sent them an email and requested cancellation. They immediately refunded my money thru paypal.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    APMEX just sent me a tracking number for my ATB set.

Looks like my CNT set just arrived at the post office last night.

They just had to wait for silver to tank before getting these out.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    so, for those in the 'know'...did the AP's just lose a crapload of money on the bullion they purchased last week?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    did the AP's just lose a crapload of money on the bullion they purchased last week?

Not if they were hedged.image
  • Options
    IwantNonCCsIwantNonCCs Posts: 369 ✭✭
    So just for fun, I took the cert number of my yellowstone MS68DM and started adding numbers.
    19697915, 19697916, etc.
    To see if there was MS69DM in the batch.

There were.

(Received coin from JH)
  • Options

<< <i>So just for fun, I took the cert number of my yellowstone MS68DM and started adding numbers.
    19697915, 19697916, etc.

There were.

(Received coin from JH) >>

Now get people With PCGS numbers before yours and after yours And you have something to send to the mint to show what happened to the 69DMPL`s
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So just for fun, I took the cert number of my yellowstone MS68DM and started adding numbers.
    19697915, 19697916, etc.
    There were.

That is the smartest thing I've heard in a while...it would be very interesting to see what numbers came out of a sequence of 100...if they were almost all 68,69 it would be very fishy
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    This is really great detective work and really needs to be followed up.
    I will certainly NEVER EVER do business with Jack Hunt again!
    Good work guys and gals!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

19697915, 19697916, etc.

There were.

Nice Job Wow what a great idea and its just more proof that Jack DID NOT play by the rules. Everyone who has bought a set from them should be upset with all this coming to light. This should be enough proof to those of you who thought jack did nothing wrong, The more people that contact the mint the more they will have to look into them. These guys were dumb enough to take the best graded coins from everyone only to profit for themselves. Again I am asking everyone who received a set from them to call. Raw or graded it should not matter, They signed the agreement and have broken the rules please take the time to call and leave a message............the number for The Mint Office of Legal Council it is the correct office and number: 202-354-7280. I encourage all who are interested to call. Again thank you to All that took the time and called..............

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

19697915, 19697916, etc.

There were.

Interesting idea. I just grabbed a 68DMPL JH coin and looked up the following
    19696471 to 19696509 HS 68DM
    19696510 to 19696556 HS 69DM
    19696557 to 19696570 HS Brillian Uncirculated

These three groups make up an even 100. Did not see an PL.

Just for fun I checked out the next 100 and they were Mount Hood. Using the spot check method I figure that...
    19696571 to 19696596 MH 68DM
    19696597 to 19696646 MH 69DM
    19696647 to 19696670 MH Brillian Uncirculated
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomthecoinguy....

Just to clarify:

There are no spacers between coins in the tubes? There is direct contact between the reverse of one coin to the obverse of the adjoining coin, face to back to face to back, just like a roll of quarters from the bank? How tight are the coins in the tube? Is the any rattle room,which would cause abrasions and dings, or are they tight inside the tubes both side to side as well as top to bottom?

• Options
    I'm glad I wasn't one of those who bought at $1,900.00 Silver is going to have a long way to go to make up for that.
  • Options
    I took my JH Yosemite 69PL and looked at the numbers
    19698151 to 19698184 YO 68PL
    19698185 to 19698241 YO 69PL
    19698242 to 19698250 YO Brilliant Uncirculated

Another even group of 100...No DMPL in this groupimage
  • Options

<< <i>

19697915, 19697916, etc.

There were.

Interesting idea. I just grabbed a 68DMPL JH coin and looked up the following
    19696471 to 19696509 HS 68DM
    19696510 to 19696556 HS 69DM
    19696557 to 19696570 HS Brillian Uncirculated

These three groups make up an even 100. Did not see an PL.

Just for fun I checked out the next 100 and they were Mount Hood. Using the spot check method I figure that...
    19696571 to 19696596 MH 68DM
    19696597 to 19696646 MH 69DM
    19696647 to 19696670 MH Brillian Uncirculated >>

I cant check my JHCB coins at PCGS against 68`s, my 62`s were 1 of a kind... Thanks jack
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>This is really great detective work and really needs to be followed up.
    Good work guys and gals! >>

Agreed. Good work!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    JHCB should have to send out his 69DMPL`s to the customers he screwed the worst. I could get a 69DMPL SET.
  • Options

<< <i>

Agreed. Good work! >>

Need to add GAINESVILLE coin to that list they get jacks leftovers to sell.
  • Options

How about a class action suit against them . Any lawyers here interested?
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Agreed. Good work! >>

Need to add GAINESVILLE coin to that list they get jacks leftovers to sell. >>

Absolutely agree.
    We need to boycot these bums and advertize we are doing it in any way we can.
    I will be calling the mint also as advised above.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Provident
    ...................... >>

I am glad I cancelled my order with Amark. >>

I cancelled both A-Mark and APMEX. And needless to say, I'm actually thankful that Prudential returned my app. Getting a real education on this one.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    I also canceled with A-Mark. Just bought a few more Gettysburg from Provident.

Brillant idea to check the certification numbers. Hunt is scr$w*&. I bet you can do the same thing with APMEX!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>Tomthecoinguy....

Just to clarify:

There are no spacers between coins in the tubes? There is direct contact between the reverse of one coin to the obverse of the adjoining coin, face to back to face to back, just like a roll of quarters from the bank? How tight are the coins in the tube? Is the any rattle room,which would cause abrasions and dings, or are they tight inside the tubes both side to side as well as top to bottom? >>

Yes, there are no spacers in the rolls, the coins are touching each other. There is direct contact between the reverse of one coin and the obverse of the adjoining coin. All the coins seem to be facing reverse up. They are not super tight in the rolls, there is rattle room up and down, but side to side they are pretty tight. You are right, it is not the best situation for the coins.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything in the agreement that the APs have with the mint stating that they cant hold some puck sets for their "favorite" or "preferred" clients? Assuming those clients only get 1 each.

Is there anything in their agreement that says if they decide AT THEIR EXPENSE to send in coins for grading that they must randomly distribute those coins without any regard to the grade on the holder?

I'm not defending what may have happened, just throwing some ideas on how the other side may defend the argument here.

And even if they did what is suspected here then it would have been good business to disclose that you have no shot at receiving a 69DMPL however you will receive a mix of PCGS FS grades from 62 to 69, "Gem" and raw examples. With that disclosure I still would have ordered a set.
  • Options

<< <i>so, for those in the 'know'...did the AP's just lose a crapload of money on the bullion they purchased last week? >>

Maybe, Maybe not. I don’t have any inside info on the APs. But about ten years ago, I worked for a major grain trader. You could not know just by looking at the markets how they were doing. They would often buy large quantities of physical commodities, and then short it in the market. It’s called hedging and there is an expense to it, but you can eliminate the uncertainty of the market if you want.

For all we know, some of the APs could be making a bundle on this fall in silver prices, if they saw it coming and went short.

I thought about shorting the market when I bought my Gettysburg pucks, but instead I sold a bunch of the physical silver I had in other forms, 90%, sterling scrap, war nickels, etc. I figured it would take me a few weeks to do that, so as I sold, I bought SLV to keep my position in silver. When I locked on a price for the pucks, I sold my SLV. It’s making me not feel so bad about buying the pucks even in light of the current drop in silver prices. I know if I didn’t have the pucks I would likely still have the other physical silver, and I feel a lot better holding the pucks in a falling market than I would about holding something like war nickels.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slow down.
    be careful what you claim and what conclusions you draw.

the cert number claim can be questioned because you don't know where one submission stops and another starts, nor do you know if anyone got one of those 69DMPLs as part of their regular order.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there anything in the agreement that the APs have with the mint stating that they cant hold some puck sets for their "favorite" or "preferred" clients? Assuming those clients only get 1 each. >>

I'd say it violates the spirit of the agreement to sell to select individuals. The were meant to be sold broadly to the public.

<< <i>Is there anything in their agreement that says if they decide AT THEIR EXPENSE to send in coins for grading that they must randomly distribute those coins without any regard to the grade on the holder? >>

Why are so many getting low grades on their JHCBs?

<< <i>I'm not defending what may have happened, just throwing some ideas on how the other side may defend the argument here.

And even if they did what is suspected here then it would have been good business to disclose that you have no shot at receiving a 69DMPL however you will receive a mix of PCGS FS grades from 62 to 69, "Gem" and raw examples. With that disclosure I still would have ordered a set. >>

Many would have, but did they advertise that? No.

Broad (and random) distribution to the public is what was expected.

It looks to me like that did not happen.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file