Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    newnotesnewnotes Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Got mine from Apmex yesterday. An "A" box. Two BU's, Two MS68, One MS68PL.

I've had terrible luck throughout this whole ordeal of ATB's. I know it's just bullion but four sets and no really outstanding coins. And now I'm waiting on Dillion Gage to pull me out of the ATB funk!

Even the two "P" issues I have each have a ding on them and are going back today.
  • Options

<< <i>Mine is in route and due Friday...come on B box! Also had a failed attempt on my P puck yesterday. Hopefully my wife will get it today so I can check it out after I get off the plane.

Any connection to new customers vs long time customers on the B vs A box? Those that got A have you purchased other items from Apmex in the past? >>

My mom and brother are new customers. Both got B boxes. I'm a fairly long time customer. Mine will be here tomorrow.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭
    My 4-68DMPL, 69PL box had B on it. I'm a first time customer. For what it's worth....
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea what letter I had; but I am pretty happy:

Mount Hood – 68 DMPL
    Grand Canyon – 69 PL
    Yosemite – 68 DMPL
    Yellowstone – 68 DMPL
    Hot Springs - 68

Sure beats BU's. Just peaked at the grades as I picked them up on the way to the office this morning.
  • Options
    Sure are a lot of the same grade. Grand Canyon 69 pl. The rest 68 dmpl. Just seems wierd that set after set contain those.
  • Options
    I'm not going to complain using the most recent Ebay auction results low to high range for my 5 pucks combined is $1,790-2,177. Which is better than I've done on any of my previous 3 sets...as I've not sent any in for grading.
  • Options

Just thought I would share some news:

I just received my Gettysburg coin from Provident. Nice coin, and it looks DMPL to me. They also sent it in a capsule at no extra charge.

Got an e-mail from Prudential yesterday about the 2010 ATB coins I ordered quite a while ago. Sent a check for $65.00 to Diamond this morning with the form they sent me.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I sent my stuff in to Prudential over a month ago and still have not received any word from them as to where to send my #65.oo
  • Options
    I did also and just received a letter from Diamond with the instructions. It has been a long, long time.
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    Just opened my "C" box from APMEX and got the following:

(3) 69PL
    (1) 68 DMPL
    (1) 69

Not too bad!
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭
    Wait, can you see if the box is a, b, or c before opening it?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    no, its noted on the inside box...
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not going to complain using the most recent Ebay auction results low to high range for my 5 pucks combined is $1,790-2,177. Which is better than I've done on any of my previous 3 sets...as I've not sent any in for grading. >>

Have you factored in ebay, paypal, and shipping fees?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>no, its noted on the inside box... >>

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I did also and just received a letter from Diamond with the instructions. It has been a long, long time. >>

Did it come via email or snail (USPS) mail?? Thanks! I've been waiting over a month now!
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I opened mine and got one of those "rare" sets with all BU pucks. Guess I didn't do too good. Inside box had a A on it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not going to complain using the most recent Ebay auction results low to high range for my 5 pucks combined is $1,790-2,177. Which is better than I've done on any of my previous 3 sets...as I've not sent any in for grading. >>

Have you factored in ebay, paypal, and shipping fees? >>

You'd have those fees regardless but on a flip at $2175 Buyitnow, net profit is still approx $1032. Way better than the profits from a raw set on bids at $1500 or less...which would be approx $390
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not going to complain using the most recent Ebay auction results low to high range for my 5 pucks combined is $1,790-2,177. Which is better than I've done on any of my previous 3 sets...as I've not sent any in for grading.

Have you factored in ebay, paypal, and shipping fees?

You'd have those fees regardless but on a flip at $2175 Buyitnow, net profit is still approx $1032. Way better than the profits from a raw set on bids at $1500 or less...which would be approx $390 >>

Exactly...even at $1,790 less fees; better than a raw set.
  • Options
    It`s better to be lucky than good.Called AMPEX this morning and tried to cancel my order They were very nice and said wait till order arrives as I can always return it. Ampex order just arrived was afraid to open and see the bad news.HS-69PL,YELL-69PL,YOSE-69PL,GC-69PL,MH-69DMPL.This was a cherry picked set NO Yellowstone or yosemite DMPL`s But the best cherry picked set yet, looks like I`ll keep it. Been 5-6 year customer in Okla didn`t want to order due to sales tax,This is the first set from any AP with all 69`s. Sorry you all didn`t get grades this good. Inner box had D on corner Hope someone gets an E or F box. GOOD LUCK may the PUCK GODS treat you right.
  • Options
    Remember I had bad luck with JH 3-62`s 1-64 1-66,I guess the puck Gods felt sorry for me. I still wish bad things upon JHCB.
  • Options

<< <i>It`s better to be lucky than good.Called AMPEX this morning and tried to cancel my order They were very nice and said wait till order arrives as I can always return it. Ampex order just arrived was afraid to open and see the bad news.HS-69PL,YELL-69PL,YOSE-69PL,GC-69PL,MH-69DMPL.This was a cherry picked set NO Yellowstone or yosemite DMPL`s But the best cherry picked set yet, looks like I`ll keep it. Been 5-6 year customer in Okla didn`t want to order due to sales tax,This is the first set from any AP with all 69`s. Sorry you all didn`t get grades this good. Inner box had D on corner Hope someone gets an E or F box. GOOD LUCK may the PUCK GODS treat you right. >>

WOW, that's I believe the first report of a 69DMPL...Fantastic set...image
  • Options
    Very cool! Glad you got a nice set. 5 minutes ago I would have thought this stupid...but now I am wondering about box E???? Those would be the people that get the popcorn tin hand delivered! image
  • Options
    When I called they said ATB coins would NOT be graded they would be CHOICE BU. I had great luck with CHOICE BU from AMARK. Opened the Box and first coin was 69PL Thought OH PUCK her come the 68`s. Every time I pulled a coin and saw 69 PL thought I was dreaming kept waiting on the crap to show up, got to the last coin with 4 previous 69pl thought PL set would be OK but NO it was MH69 DMPL. I think I have an extra MH 69 PL to use. I hope someone gets an E or F box.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one last APMEX set on the way. Do you folks think that it's even worth opening or just sell sealed? Thanks!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Remember I had bad luck with JH 3-62`s 1-64 1-66,I guess the puck Gods felt sorry for me. I still wish bad things upon JHCB. >>

It was time for some good luck for me too. I have one set coming tomorrow. Hoping for the Z set image
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS just delivered my APMEX set. It is in a "B" box. 1-MS68 (Hot Springs), 3-MS68DMPL, and 1-MS69PL (Grand Canyon).
  • Options
    Looks like it is worth opening the APMEX set.

Has anyone received an MS69DMPL from APMEX?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Remember I had bad luck with JH 3-62`s 1-64 1-66,I guess the puck Gods felt sorry for me. I still wish bad things upon JHCB. >>

It was time for some good luck for me too. I have one set coming tomorrow. Hoping for the Z set image >>

I don't get mine until Monday....and I'm hoping they wrap the alphabet by then and I get a DD set image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Looks like it is worth opening the APMEX set.

Has anyone received an MS69DMPL from APMEX? >>

Um, Ya look up about 4 posts before yours...Also, I'd open it regardless unless you plan on shipping a box the size of a buick...image
  • Options
    Diamond sent by USPS regular mail for Prudential. Inside was a form to fill out, and they included an envelope with postage on it already.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like it is worth opening the APMEX set.

Has anyone received an MS69DMPL from APMEX? >>

Um, Ya look up about 4 posts before yours...Also, I'd open it regardless unless you plan on shipping a box the size of a buick...image >>

WOW, I read the post. What amazing luck. The APMEX cherry-picking is another issue of course..
  • Options

<< <i>I sent my stuff in to Prudential over a month ago and still have not received any word from them as to where to send my #65.oo >>

I sent my info in mid april by regular mail. They said they didn't have it. So if you've had no contact from them I would give a call to Tamika in new accounts.....she was very helpful.

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My latest grades have arrived. There's good, bad & ugly! image

Yes.. I know I shouldn't have sent that crummy Yosemite.... but I had to use up the 8 coin voucher!

These were from a Dillon Gage & MTB (eBay) set
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    So I am bored and now in another airport. Thus I emailed Apmex, explained very clearly my knowledge of the lettered boxes and politely asked if they would tell me my letter for my set due Friday. Pretty generic response don't you think???

Thanks for your inquiry. In regards to the 2010 5 oz. Silver ATB 5-Coin Set, graded by PCGS as BU or Better may include a mix of grades within each set.  The U.S. Mint mandates that APMEX sell all sets in our possession, which we have done.  Because of this, we will not have any on hand for returns or exchanges.

If you are not satisfied with the ATB 5-Coin set you receive, please let us know and we will be happy to issue a return authorization for refund.  
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY Final ATB Set from APMEX arrived:

The APMEX "B" Gift Box included:

HS MS68
    YS: MS68PL
    YO: MS68DMPL
    GC: MS68PL
    MH: MS68DMPL

The packaging is mind-numbingly tight!! Like it was designed by a drafting class for a very valuable and dangerous substance.

Thanks to all thread contributors for assisting me during the 'First Strike, First Run, First Born' ATB Saga!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I received my set from APMEX today expecting grades of PCGS BU or PCGS Choice BU. To my amazement I received the following:

HS PCGS MS69
    YO PCGS MS69PL
    YS PCGS MS69PL
    GC PCGS MS69PL
    MH PCGS MS69DMPL

I'm well pleased! I guess being a long time customer helped?
  • Options
    I have been lurking on this thread for months. I was fortunate to get sets from all of the providers except Gold Center. My apmex set is probably the worst set of the bunch. I have never dealt with Apmex until this transaction, apparently that could be one of the reasons I received all BU and each coin is nicked or scratched. So if anyone is complaining about receiving 68s. I WISH I would have gotten a 68. Thanks everyone for all the informative posts. I have been puckafied!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my set from APMEX today expecting grades of PCGS BU or PCGS Choice BU. To my amazement I received the following:

HS PCGS MS69
    YO PCGS MS69PL
    YS PCGS MS69PL
    GC PCGS MS69PL
    MH PCGS MS69DMPL

I'm well pleased! I guess being a long time customer helped? >>

Very very nice.

Mine is due on Friday, hope mine are as good.

What "letter" box was yours? image

I can't wait until Friday--better than a scratch ticket, a $1000 scratch ticket image

Joe
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my set from APMEX today expecting grades of PCGS BU or PCGS Choice BU. To my amazement I received the following:

HS PCGS MS69
    YO PCGS MS69PL
    YS PCGS MS69PL
    GC PCGS MS69PL
    MH PCGS MS69DMPL

Tell us the letter on the bottom of the box.
    This seems to be the best APMEX set so far.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just got my APMEX set. I opened the outer box and found the inner box. I saw that little "A" on the corner and I just knew that I got hadimage

I opened the box and there it was, All BU. I got the culls.

Congrats to those of you that got the D box!
  • Options

<< <i>I have been lurking on this thread for months. I was fortunate to get sets from all of the providers except Gold Center. My apmex set is probably the worst set of the bunch. I have never dealt with Apmex until this transaction, apparently that could be one of the reasons I received all BU and each coin is nicked or scratched. So if anyone is complaining about receiving 68s. I WISH I would have gotten a 68. Thanks everyone for all the informative posts. I have been puckafied! >>

Yep, I am also a first time APMEX customer. This may have something to do with the "A" box I got also.
  • Options
    First, and last time, APMEX customer. I got your "A" box... right here. image
  • Options

<< <i>

HS PCGS MS69
    YO PCGS MS69PL
    YS PCGS MS69PL
    GC PCGS MS69PL
    MH PCGS MS69DMPL

Tell us the letter on the bottom of the box.
    This seems to be the best APMEX set so far. >>

I had him beat 4-PL 1-DMPL all 69`s D box but he is close.I wonder if anyone gets more DMPL`s
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭
    Other people have said that they were first time customers and they didn't get A boxes--killing that correlation. IMO, it is pure chance. People bought these sets expecting BU coins, why are they getting mad when they get BU coins---exactly what they signed up for? Of course I would expect some disappointment, but holding a grudge against APMEX is just greed.
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    I got all BU slabs and my coins are high grade.

Got my DG set. Smallest box yet. They didn't go out of their way with packaging. Anybody open theirs? Mine is sold sealed. Quite a difference from the hated APMEX well packaged pucks.
  • Options

<< <i>I got all BU slabs and my coins are high grade. >>

I am glad you are happy with your BUs. If you go back to page 707 when you posted your images you will see that I have looked up your cert numbers and showed that your BUs are the left overs that did not make 68/69 grades. Like I said, Maybe PCGS screwed up and misgraded your set.

I was running my APMEX BU cert numbers and I see that my BUs are also the left over culls that did not make the 68/69 grades.
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    I am glad you are happy with your BUs. If you go back to page 707 when you posted your images you will see that I have looked up your cert numbers and showed that your BUs are the left overs that did not make 68/69 grades. Like I said, Maybe PCGS screwed up and misgraded your set.

sorry, don't buy your logic Sherlock. These are nice coins. You are not able to prove all the 68/68pl/69's are all APMEX. You stayed up late for nothing.
  • Options

<< <i>Other people have said that they were first time customers and they didn't get A boxes--killing that correlation. IMO, it is pure chance. People bought these sets expecting BU coins, why are they getting mad when they get BU coins---exactly what they signed up for? Of course I would expect some disappointment, but holding a grudge against APMEX is just greed. >>

I signed up for BU coins with a chance of getting high grade BU coins. If I knew that they were cherry picked at the time I bought them I would have done things a little differently. If the coins were graded and then mixed up I would understand the pure randomness and chance. These coins were grouped and marked (A, B, D) and what may be preference to those customers that get the better grades. I understand it from a business point, keep your loyal customers happy, but as the person receiving the culls it gives me something to gripe about.
  • Options

<< <i>I am glad you are happy with your BUs. If you go back to page 707 when you posted your images you will see that I have looked up your cert numbers and showed that your BUs are the left overs that did not make 68/69 grades. Like I said, Maybe PCGS screwed up and misgraded your set.

sorry, don't buy your logic Sherlock. These are nice coins. >>

I am glad you are happy with them. Being that I can't see them I will have to take your word that they are high quality. On my BUs I can see the nicks or scratches that made them grade BU. If you intend on sending yours in for regrade I would be very interested to see the results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file