Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PB pucks arrived today after a weeklong journey from NJ to central Iowa. Didn't count of them not being in airtites. So next step is to acquire some airtites so my pucks come out of the 8 pocket flips and straight into the airtites, I'll detail the pucks then. PB packaging for me was box, bubble wrap envelope, flips folded over on themselves as shown. I do not see any issues from packaging at this time.

Edit to add - Anybody have an extra set of airtites? PM me, if so, thanks.

imageimage >>

How do they look???? 69 material???????
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How do they look???? 69 material??????? >>

I don't know. My track record on what's a good puck and what's a bad puck is pretty terrible. image

PB 8 pocket flips are scuffed up from rubbing / jostling so I I'm going to wait for some airtites, carefully cut the flips open so I won't have to slide the pucks out of the flips and detail the pucks, then put the pucks directly into airtites. Besides, I'm not comfortable with handling these packed as they are, too much potential for disaster. Better for me to wait.

Moral of the story is you better get your airtites if this is how PB is going to ship the remainder of the 2010s. image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I googled Diamond State Depository to get their phone number (since PB never notified me). The number is (888) 322-6150. >>

Thanks - does anyone have the mailing address to send the check? Do they need anything else to ship? Might just jump-start this slow boat. >>

My Diamond State form just came today.

I'd scan and post the forms, but the return envelope goes to 1 person, and I don't want to swamp the guy.

If a lot of time passes and some don't have any further info, I'll start PM'ing it to people.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How do they look???? 69 material??????? >>

I don't know. My track record on what's a good puck and what's a bad puck is pretty terrible. image

PB 8 pocket flips are scuffed up from rubbing / jostling so I I'm going to wait for some airtites, carefully cut the flips open so I won't have to slide the pucks out of the flips and detail the pucks, then put the pucks directly into airtites. Besides, I'm not comfortable with handling these packed as they are, too much potential for disaster. Better for me to wait.

Moral of the story is you better get your airtites if this is how PB is going to ship the remainder of the 2010s. image >>

Wow after talking to them back in febuary kinda disappointed to see the same packaging. Guess they didn't take my suggestion to get airtites, and yet I am almost postive the shipping was only 50 back than? Yeah had to cut them out of those flips and mine were covered in regular tape to keep the coins in each slot so at least they got rid of that. Hopefully they look nice. Can't wait to see the bandsaw project on the Jack hunt set Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a pair of Gettys today from Gainesville.

Hubba-hubba -- these are beautiful. Mirrors all over the place. Easy dmpls.

Undoubtedly will be strong collector interest numismatically AND for civil war buffs.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    So many experienced collectors and sellers here…and as a newbie, I'm curious about the culture.

Do you feel a graded ATB set with one or 2 higher grades, or a single matched grade set is more desirable to collect, or from the other side more salable/get better offers?

Say you think you'd like to buy a set of MS68DMPLs, but you see mostly self-assembled or "lettered box" mixed sets for sale - would you pass up that 4x68DMPL + 1x69 ("B" box?) set, until you can win an exactly matched set?

Or the other way, you want to put a lucky "D+" letter box with 4x69PL & 1x69DMPL up for auction, would you get higher bids if it were 5 x 69PL ?

Or maybe it makes no difference?
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Still no ship from apmex. Everytime is the same... 'we expect to ship these today or tommorow'.... tommorrow in this case is actually next week, but whatever LOL
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So many experienced collectors and sellers here…and as a newbie, I'm curious about the culture. Do you feel a graded ATB set with one or 2 higher grades, or a single matched grade set is more desirable to collect, or from the other side more salable/get better offers? Say you think you'd like to buy a set of MS68DMPLs, but you see mostly self-assembled or "lettered box" mixed sets for sale - would you pass up that 4x68DMPL + 1x69 ("B" box?) set, until you can win an exactly matched set? Or the other way, you want to put a lucky "D+" letter box with 4x69PL & 1x69DMPL up for auction, would you get higher bids if it were 5 x 69PL ? Or maybe it makes no difference? >>

Personally, a matched set appeals more to the squirrel in me. It just "looks" more complete. Ask me tomorrow and I may give you a different answer, though...image
  • Options
    I feel like I won the lottery. My APMEX set consisted of:

Hot Springs MS69
    Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Grand Canyon MS69PL
    Mt Hood MS69DMPL
    "The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So many experienced collectors and sellers here…and as a newbie, I'm curious about the culture. Do you feel a graded ATB set with one or 2 higher grades, or a single matched grade set is more desirable to collect, or from the other side more salable/get better offers? Say you think you'd like to buy a set of MS68DMPLs, but you see mostly self-assembled or "lettered box" mixed sets for sale - would you pass up that 4x68DMPL + 1x69 ("B" box?) set, until you can win an exactly matched set? Or the other way, you want to put a lucky "D+" letter box with 4x69PL & 1x69DMPL up for auction, would you get higher bids if it were 5 x 69PL ? Or maybe it makes no difference? >>

Personally, a matched set appeals more to the squirrel in me. It just "looks" more complete. Ask me tomorrow and I may give you a different answer, though...image >>

I haven't watched closely but those + items seem to not bring much premium on ebay. I think its better to sell a matched set and sell the plus item by itself. Problem is most don't have that luxury since they don't have the extras lieing around to round out the set. Buying one to round it out probably isn't benificial either unless u plan to keep for the long term. I have 12 coins in for grading since 5/2. Hoping those will round out a few of my apmex sets.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Generally speaking, most collectors buy the best they can afford at a given point in time, upgrading as funds permit. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do the same with these. That said, I'd think the best way to sell a mixed set would be as individuals.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guess what. I got an email from APMEX requesting that I take a survey...

By now, you should have recently received your package which was delivered by USPS (United States Postal Service). Your opinion matters to us! Please take 30 seconds and tell us about the delivery of your package. The APMEX Shipping Satisfaction Survey helps us ensure your order met your expectations. Click Here To Start Your APMEX Shipping Satisfaction Survey Now. Thank you for your business! We hope we've met your expectations and look forward to fulfilling your precious metals and numismatic needs in the future.

I was honestimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guess what. I got an email from APMEX requesting that I take a survey...

By now, you should have recently received your package which was delivered by USPS (United States Postal Service). Your opinion matters to us! Please take 30 seconds and tell us about the delivery of your package. The APMEX Shipping Satisfaction Survey helps us ensure your order met your expectations. Click Here To Start Your APMEX Shipping Satisfaction Survey Now. Thank you for your business! We hope we've met your expectations and look forward to fulfilling your precious metals and numismatic needs in the future.

I was honestimage >>

Their packaging was outstanding, the dog crap "A" box I received sucked.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey guess what. I got an email from APMEX requesting that I take a survey...

I was honestimage >>

Their packaging was outstanding, the dog crap "A" box I received sucked. >>

same here, also said I order a monster box from provident image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Personally, a matched set appeals more to the squirrel in me. It just "looks" more complete. Ask me tomorrow and I may give you a different answer, though...image >>

I haven't watched closely but those + items seem to not bring much premium on ebay. I think its better to sell a matched set and sell the plus item by itself. Problem is most don't have that luxury since they don't have the extras lieing around to round out the set. Buying one to round it out probably isn't benificial either unless u plan to keep for the long term. I have 12 coins in for grading since 5/2. Hoping those will round out a few of my apmex sets. >>

Very well stated. I totally agree. I have a mixed 68DMPL and PL set on FeeBay. Can't give the thing away. Incredible. That said, getting the two DMPLs to make the set complete would kill any profits. The APMEX flood has killed the selling market for these for now. I think that the 68s will bounce back a bit once the hoard is sold. Again, contrats to the D set winners. What amazing luck.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was honestimage >>

Their packaging was outstanding, the dog crap "A" box I received sucked. >>

same here, also said I order a monster box from provident image >>

Same here, "A" box with all 68s one 68 PL sucked. Let them know their shipping was great, but would not be buying from them again. And I was a buyer who had bought from them in the past prior to ATBs.
  • Options
    Well brothers set from ampex is shipped today. He sold them his jack crap set for 1250 a month ago so I told him he will either get that one or my A box. Gonna be interesting to see what they send out in this second wave. Also see MTB is back on ebay figure all the ap's will be doing the same sooner or later. MTB Ebay sales And Jacks ok I mean our latest yellowstone is not getting the money the first ones he sold. Jacks update yellowstone Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice mirrors on the MTB eBay coins.

<< <i>

<< <i>I think its better to sell a matched set and sell the plus item by itself. >>

Very well stated. I totally agree. I have a mixed 68DMPL and PL set on FeeBay. Can't give the thing away. Incredible. That said, getting the two DMPLs to make the set complete would kill any profits. The APMEX flood has killed the selling market for these for now. I think that the 68s will bounce back a bit once the hoard is sold. Again, contrats to the D set winners. What amazing luck. >>

Luck. sure, but I think any mixmatched set won't get interest, even in 69's from a D box. (although D's might bring more interest from those set assemblers with intentions of selling the others)

But it will take more than luck to assemble a non-mixmatched set. It'll also take someone ponying up enough money to buy enough sets to grade... or be an unscrupulous AP, whichever comes first.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>nice mirrors on the MTB eBay coins.

<< <i>

<< <i>I think its better to sell a matched set and sell the plus item by itself. >>

Very well stated. I totally agree. I have a mixed 68DMPL and PL set on FeeBay. Can't give the thing away. Incredible. That said, getting the two DMPLs to make the set complete would kill any profits. The APMEX flood has killed the selling market for these for now. I think that the 68s will bounce back a bit once the hoard is sold. Again, contrats to the D set winners. What amazing luck. >>

Luck. sure, but I think any mixmatched set won't get interest, even in 69's from a D box. (although D's might bring more interest from those set assemblers with intentions of selling the others)

But it will take more than luck to assemble a non-mixmatched set. It'll also take someone ponying up enough money to buy enough sets to grade... or be an unscrupulous AP, whichever comes first. >>

It`s hard to buy enough sets to assemble DMPL sets when the AP`s keep all the DMPL`s
  • Options
    I got the APMEX email, too. I tell them to stop email me. Not way for me to buy from them after the "a" Box.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Numismaticnews reports all the 2011 Gettysburg and Glacier are sold out from the mint. These are now in dealers and AP hands.

Word came of the May 16 sellout of the initial supplies of the first two 2011 5-ounce bullion coins. The sales numbers are 126,700 for each and the next three designs will have the same number available. This figure is 200 more for each design than the 126,500 previously reported as the target in the Mint’s Master Production Schedule. The extra coins went to the Authorized Purchasers in the usual manner.
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the "A"PMEX survey. I was quite honest. I told them I expected an answer concerning this "A" plus service. I doubt it will get much of a reply but I will post it if it ever comes. It will be interesting to see if everyone who responded who got the "A" bomb sets gets a form letter. Hey at least I got a match set.image

Maine_Jim
  • Options

<< <i>Numismaticnews reports all the 2011 Gettysburg and Glacier are sold out from the mint. These are now in dealers and AP hands.

Word came of the May 16 sellout of the initial supplies of the first two 2011 5-ounce bullion coins. The sales numbers are 126,700 for each and the next three designs will have the same number available. This figure is 200 more for each design than the 126,500 previously reported as the target in the Mint’s Master Production Schedule. The extra coins went to the Authorized Purchasers in the usual manner. >>

I just looked at Apmex and they have 6275 pairs as of about 4am today. I will monitor once in a while as I"m curious how fast they sell out. Not sure how many they had to start with. I tried to check gainsville and put in 999,999 qty. Well I didn't have the 2 million to complete the purchase so removed it from my cart image
  • Options
    I FINALLY got my grades in from PCGS....

I Cherry picked through 6 sets and this is all I got! >=[ out of JH, MTB, etc...can't even remember them all right now. Just annoyed. LoL

***Hot Springs***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    3 -68DM, 1 -68PL

***Yellowstone***
    1 -68DM, 2 -68PL 1 -MS68
    1 -66DM (Annoyed with this one. I cherry picked it!)

***Grand Canyon***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL, 1 -MS69
    1 -68PL

***Yosemite***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    2 -68DM

***Mount Hood***
    1 -69PL
    1 -68PL

I'm not even able to make a complete matching grade set! Grrrrr. >.<

What's the best way in your opinion that I should list them on ebay to get maximum price for them? I kinda don't want to do them individually because all those ebay fees will get me good. lol. Should I just grp incomplete matching grade sets together?
  • Options
    jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments on matched vs unmatched sets. I've learned so much about collecting by following the ATB mega-thread here. (But I don't really want to know what it means when I've made time to read every one of the thousands of ATB posts since Dec. 3, but requested an extension because there was no "extra" time to do my taxes last month.)
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I FINALLY got my grades in from PCGS....

I Cherry picked through 6 sets and this is all I got! >=[ out of JH, MTB, etc...can't even remember them all right now. Just annoyed. LoL

***Hot Springs***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    3 -68DM, 1 -68PL

***Yellowstone***
    1 -68DM, 2 -68PL 1 -MS68

***Grand Canyon***
    1 -68PL

***Yosemite***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    2 -68DM

***Mount Hood***
    1 -69PL
    1 -68PL

What's the best way in your opinion that I should list them on ebay to get maximum price for them? I kinda don't want to do them individually because all those ebay fees will get me good. lol. Should I just grp incomplete matching grade sets together? >>

I don't think your results are that bad at all. I count 21 submitted coins out of 30 total. Of those 21, you got three 69DM, 10% of your total coins and 14% of your submission. For a population of 30, I think your results are pretty good. Including the 66DM, your results are 66% MS68 or better. I think my six sets would not come close to your grading results.

I'm not sure what the best ebay sales method is to get max return and minimal fees. I think no matter what you do with ebay, it'll be six of one, half dozen of the other.

• Options
    Ordered 10 Gettysburg from gainsville. Came in the mint tube. Top coin is as dmpl as I've seen. Needs an acetone dip. I'm going to work through these. Guess I'll get them graded if the are all that reflective.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    That is encouraging as I think Jack Hunt recommended them according to an earlier post.
    Best of luck.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I FINALLY got my grades in from PCGS....

***Hot Springs***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    3 -68DM, 1 -68PL

***Yellowstone***
    1 -68DM, 2 -68PL 1 -MS68

***Grand Canyon***
    1 -68PL

***Yosemite***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    2 -68DM

***Mount Hood***
    1 -69PL
    1 -68PL

What's the best way in your opinion that I should list them on ebay to get maximum price for them? I kinda don't want to do them individually because all those ebay fees will get me good. lol. Should I just grp incomplete matching grade sets together? >>

I don't think your results are that bad at all. I count 21 submitted coins out of 30 total. Of those 21, you got three 69DM, 10% of your total coins and 14% of your submission. For a population of 30, I think your results are pretty good. Including the 66DM, your results are 66% MS68 or better. I think my six sets would not come close to your grading results.

I'm not sure what the best ebay sales method is to get max return and minimal fees. I think no matter what you do with ebay, it'll be six of one, half dozen of the other. >>

I wish I could have atleast assembled a full set of 68 dm's. OH wellz. >.< Looks like I have to buy them from ebay now to get a full set for my personal safe keeping.
  • Options
    I've searched high and low and tried to search this forum for where to buy flips for these pucks. No luck for me. ANy info out there?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I've searched high and low and tried to search this forum for where to buy flips for these pucks. No luck for me. ANy info out there? >>

I bought some from Wizard Coin Supply. They seem to attract the dust though, and that worries me with the 5 ozers since they are so soft.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread has Jumped the Shark. Down to Page 3 and floundering. The thrill is fading here.........................image
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    All of my APMEX "D" coins have now sold on eBay. Here's a breakdown of the prices realized:

Hot Springs MS69: $320.00
    Yellowstone MS69PL: $461.00
    Yosemite MS69PL: $366.00
    Grand Canyon MS69PL: $424.89
    Mt Hood MS69DMPL: $599.00

For a grand total of $2,170.89. Backing out 12% for eBay/PayPal fees and my shipping costs yields a net of $1,910.38 or over $900 profit.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All of my APMEX "D" coins have now sold on eBay. Here's a breakdown of the prices realized:

For a grand total of $2,170.89. Backing out 12% for eBay/PayPal fees and my shipping costs yields a net of $1,910.38 or over $900 profit.

image >>

#WINNERSFLIP

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All of my APMEX "D" coins have now sold on eBay. Here's a breakdown of the prices realized:

image >>

While a nice flip you did get rid of some nice quality coins that I think could have some real value in years to come.

What does this mean in regards to the PCGS price guide? All are listed for much more in the price guide, for a total of four grand.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    I got the exact same set. Still deciding whether I want to do what you did or make it a complete 69PL set and selling it that way. Or maybe even keeping it for awhile.
  • Options
    I congratulate RedHerring on the success and wallow in self pity with my "A" box. image
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Got my APMEX set today and i looked all over for any letters and couldnt find anything...i think i got 2 MS69 PL and 3 MS68 PL
  • Options

<< <i>Got my APMEX set today and i looked all over for any letters and couldnt find anything...i think i got 2 MS69 PL and 3 MS68 PL >>

That's funny, they must have caught on that we've uncovered their distribution codes. Now you need an invisible ink detector. image
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>While a nice flip you did get rid of some nice quality coins that I think could have some real value in years to come. >>

Just my observation here: The pucks I sold were all overgraded. I thought PCGS was VERY generous with the grades on my APMEX "D" box. There were several in there I wouldn't even want in my collection.

That said, the average puck collector/investor likely won't even notice. image
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>While a nice flip you did get rid of some nice quality coins that I think could have some real value in years to come. >>

Just my observation here: The pucks I sold were all overgraded. I thought PCGS was VERY generous with the grades on my APMEX "D" box. There were several in there I wouldn't even want in my collection.

That said, the average puck collector/investor likely won't even notice. image >>

I agree, I have given up on trying to determine which is a nice coin and which isn't. I just sent them all in, while I did lose out on one graded MS64DMPL all the rest I am glad I had slabbed and graded.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    EVERYONE must be PO'd at APMEX.

They screwed everyone with their incompetence.

First they presell the 2010's causing the Mint to step in. ALL the AP's say that was a pain in a..

Second, they get all their coins graded and send them out, which has decimated the after market.

I think the after market would look much different if the coins from Apmex were raw or all just BU.

I can't imagine ANY dealer or fellow AP having any respect for APMEX.

• Options

<< <i>EVERYONE must be PO'd at APMEX.

They screwed everyone with their incompetence.

First they presell the 2010's causing the Mint to step in. ALL the AP's say that was a pain in a..

Second, they get all their coins graded and send them out, which has decimated the after market.

I think the after market would look much different if the coins from Apmex were raw or all just BU.

I can't imagine ANY dealer or fellow AP having any respect for APMEX. >>

For the most part they all are snakes in the same pit just different levels of venom image
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>

For the most part they all are snakes in the same pit just different levels of venom image >>

In that case...pick your poison. Some should be dead by now
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    EUREKA!

My Diamond State Depository form just arrived!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>EUREKA!

My Diamond State Depository form just arrived! >>

Man. Waiting for grades, DSD forms and watching the grass grow. Not sure which is more painful. Ok waiting for grades is infanitly more painful for me.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EUREKA!

My Diamond State Depository form just arrived! >>

Mine arrived last Thursday, I immediately went down to the post office and got a money order to send to them which they should have received today.

We will see how long it takes for them to ship.
  • Options
    Brothers ampex report...... No Letters they know we know......1 BU Yosemite he says looks really good 68 or 69 PL or Dm, 1 68PL Hotsprings..1 68Dmpl Grand Canyon....1 69 Yellowstone and finally 1 69Dmpl Mt Hood. He is happy and as a brother (younger) I Am glad he didn't get the A Box like me........................... Finished out my 9 for 9 with the set from Dillon gage showing up today out of nowhere, its not bad and I am glad to be finally done...........Enjoyimage

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been away from the forum for a few days due to work. I just checked FeeBay completed auctions. I noticed a true auction for a PCGS MS68DMPL set which closed at $1675. Holy Cow!!! Those memories of an instant $550 for any raw puck, so close and yet so far.....

Does it make any sense to sell at these levels?? I have a 68DMPL (x3) and 68 PL (x2) mixed set with an offer of $1400 right now. Seems like the going rate or just a bit lower. On the other hand, with the mintage of all future business strike issues likely to be a lot higher than 33K seems nuts to sell at these levels. What to do, what to do??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file