Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• blue594blue594 Posts: 550
    + $6 of 90%.

That's what he was saying!
    He was talking so fast I couldn't understand it.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    I feel better about them now.

My fault. I just had no idea what he said and there was no time to ask during the call.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Does coin and thing accept credit card?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The 90% coinage may save your life some day image >>

This is true.. $6 face value of 90% silver coinage vs $2 face value of 2 ASE coins.... hmmm... One day I might be dieing of thirst and there's only 1 bottle of water left in the vending machine, the $6 could save my life since vending machines don't take $1 ASE's. >.< >>

If I was dying, I would use a free Rockimage
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

• << <i>Does coin and thing accept credit card? >>

no. =(
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Not much room for profit the way prices are dropping. After getting them slabbed, you might not make much.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • still busy signal
    References: Indiananationals,Zubie,tychojoe,Moderncoinmart,sebrown,keepdachange,durexmetals,barbwire,Geotovore,RRKeegan,JamesMurray,tander123,Ahrensdad,bstat1020,ankurj,meltdown,nederveit,mbcoin,OKCC,adriana,LouisCamp,timrutnat,VikingDude,LogPotato

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The 90% coinage may save your life some day image >>

This is true.. $6 face value of 90% silver coinage vs $2 face value of 2 ASE coins.... hmmm... One day I might be dieing of thirst and there's only 1 bottle of water left in the vending machine, the $6 could save my life since vending machines don't take $1 ASE's. >.< >>

If I was dying, I would use a free Rockimage >>

LoL. image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    carpal tunnel starting in fingers
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Just got a call back from C n T. They require payment by Monday and will ship approximately 3 weeks from that date.

-J
  • I had called Fidelitrade this morning and the lady I spoke to suggested that they still have a LOT left. I was questioning if I sent in an order today, would I beable to get one or if they'd run out soon. She said as long as I don't put in an order weeks from now they shouldn't run out. =X

SO the question now is... $930 from Fidelitrade that comes in airtites, or $1100 from CnT that comes with $6 - 90% silver coinage. If you only had enough money left to order one, which would you order???
  • Busy from BFE Kansas image

• << <i>Just got a call back from C n T. They require payment by Monday and will ship approximately 3 weeks from that date.

-J >>

Who is answering the phone if they are calling you back? This is so dumb
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I had called Fidelitrade this morning and the lady I spoke to suggested that they still have a LOT left. I was questioning if I sent in an order today, would I beable to get one or if they'd run out soon. She said as long as I don't put in an order weeks from now they shouldn't run out. =X

SO the question now is... $930 from Fidelitrade that comes in airtites, or $1100 from CnT that comes with $6 - 90% silver coinage. If you only had enough money left to order one, which would you order??? >>

FTrade at this point, since they've fixed their packaging. CNT appears to be tough to get a hold of--at least now. That will probably change.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got a call back from C n T. They require payment by Monday and will ship approximately 3 weeks from that date.

-J >>

What type of payment? Credit Cards, checks ....

• << <i>

<< <i>I had called Fidelitrade this morning and the lady I spoke to suggested that they still have a LOT left. I was questioning if I sent in an order today, would I beable to get one or if they'd run out soon. She said as long as I don't put in an order weeks from now they shouldn't run out. =X

SO the question now is... $930 from Fidelitrade that comes in airtites, or $1100 from CnT that comes with $6 - 90% silver coinage. If you only had enough money left to order one, which would you order??? >>

FTrade at this point, since they've fixed their packaging. CNT appears to be tough to get a hold of--at least now. That will probably change. >>

I got through to CnT and they have my name & number. Said they'd call me back in 30 min, but that was 50 minutes ago and i have to go back to work in 7 min. SO I won't beable to answer when they call me. LoL. I guess I have to go with fidelitrade.

• << <i>

FTrade at this point, since they've fixed their packaging. CNT appears to be tough to get a hold of--at least now. That will probably change. >>

FT doesn't cherry pick either. I'm pretty sure CNT does given this small window and inefficient method for buying - tells me they don't have that many sets to get rid of, just the dregs.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will having the $6 of 90% included with this order eliminate the option of selling these sets "unopened"?
  • 54 min. got through yea. image
    References: Indiananationals,Zubie,tychojoe,Moderncoinmart,sebrown,keepdachange,durexmetals,barbwire,Geotovore,RRKeegan,JamesMurray,tander123,Ahrensdad,bstat1020,ankurj,meltdown,nederveit,mbcoin,OKCC,adriana,LouisCamp,timrutnat,VikingDude,LogPotato
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Checks or money orders only.

• << <i>

<< <i>

FT doesn't cherry pick either. I'm pretty sure CNT does given this small window and inefficient method for buying - tells me they don't have that many sets to get rid of, just the dregs. >>

You are guesssing. People said the same thing about FedeliTrade since they took so long to sell these.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    my parent got through.

Checks only.

And if they don't call back today, they'll call tomorrow.

• coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    Did anyone find out what the Things are? Oh, and can you get Things instead of the 90% silver?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • They called me right before I had to go back to work. I asked up all kinds of questions. According to whomever lady I spoke with, They're adding $6 worth of 90% silver coinage to so they don't have to pay taxes. According to her, they are valueing the 90% silver as $175. She said they will be shipped in plastic containers (I"m assuming something similar to airtites). She also said if you mail a personal check, they have to hold it for 10 days, but a bank check (cashier's check) will allow for faster shipping. She said they would like payments to be recieved by monday March 14th so they can begin processing asap. (Which seemed like it wasn't a necessity)
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

FT doesn't cherry pick either. I'm pretty sure CNT does given this small window and inefficient method for buying - tells me they don't have that many sets to get rid of, just the dregs. >>

That's a pretty bold accusation....... Have any evidence to back that up withimage
  • I was going to order another set until I read these posts. I'm done, I'm satisfied. I'm just gonna save my money for the mint versions and try to keep up with the spouses. It's been fun. Best of luck to those still playing the game.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    CNT adding 90% silver (want to bet it is all dimes?) @ 29.17 times face is a nice way to gouge the public not living in MA - nothing more, nothing less. A State cannot tax a sale if the seller ships the goods to another State - it is a violation of federal law. So CNT is either ignorant of the law - or using it as a shield to make some money on these
    Like Yogi said, it's deja vu all over again for me. Just busy signals for 1 hour and 20 minutes now...a Prudential rehash...

<< <i>Did anyone find out what the Things are? Oh, and can you get Things instead of the 90% silver? >>

The "things" are 90% culls I guess.
  • Tried the cnt # before 4 pm got recording they would go on sale second quarter etc etc didn't catch it all was at DR office will try after 6pm. have not been able to get through i guess they are not selling till after 2nd quarter
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are still trying, don't give up. I just got through, at 4:21 PM. I was trying with one phone, on and off for an hour plus.
    Welcome to the boards, felin!
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome to the boards, felin! >>

Thank you! I am a long-time lurker, who came out of the woods for the ATB extravaganza. Collecting on and (mostly off) for 30 years, but I'm guilty of posting first to this monster thread.

Thanks to all for the excellent and timely advice on getting a hold of these sets at a reasonable cost
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I dont think there is a hurry on these...think I'll wait to see the level of cherry-picking that was done
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Up theirs I`ll try F-trade or MTB, had enough CNT bullsheet
  • I bet they cherry picked also thats what took so long. Anyone just getting around to selling now has been doing something with them,choice is worth much more than culls you lucky ones keep us posted and good luck hope you do get good pucks and not pucked good.
  • Freakin two hours of my life gone for zip....

Clueless amateurs in the bullion business....

<< <i>Freakin two hours of my life gone for zip....

Clueless amateurs in the bullion business.... >>

No luck here either, 15 mins to go....have redialed 50+ times....
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As predicted, Prudential part II.

I've tried about 50 time w/no luck.

Looks like they sold a few more than Pru. but not many.

I look forward to the quality reports of the lucky few.

Figuring that they may have sold a couple of hundred, I'm sure that the remaining 3200 or sets will be up for public sale soon :-)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>Freakin two hours of my life gone for zip.... Clueless amateurs in the bullion business.... >>

Ditto image
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Got through at 4:48!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Received a call back from cnt. Can send a cashier check. Indiananational keep trying. image
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Really got to hand it to the APs - they sure know how to market! If it was easy to
    buy these, how many would still want them? But make it difficult & demand goes
    through the roof! I just got through. "Lucky" me. Sure hope this isn't one of those
    expensive life lessons. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received a call back from cnt. Can send a cashier check. Indiananational keep trying. image >>

You HAVE to send a Cashiers Check?????

Loves me some shiny!
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? Got through after about 5 tries.

Spot (@$36.00):
    25oz $900
    $6 face (if dimes): $156.75
    Total: $1056.75
    Shipping/Handling is ~$45

More reasonable shipping would be $15.
    So the way I see it, ~29.35oz silver for $1 over spot... not bad, especially considering the numismatic value.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You HAVE to send a Cashiers Check????? >>

No. 10 day hold if you send a personal though.
  • 2 hrs for nothing this company is a joke another gold center here .....my guess is tommorrow they say we sold out
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

<< <i>Really? Got through after about 5 tries.

Spot (@$36.00):
    25oz $900
    $6 face (if dimes): $156.75
    Total: $1056.75
    Shipping/Handling is ~$45

More reasonable shipping would be $15.
    So the way I see it, ~29.35oz silver for $1 over spot... not bad, especially considering the numismatic value. >>

Neither I nor my brother or father got through after hundreds of tries between us. You got lucky!
  • Not getting these I now have more cash for my "family" to get the P Pucks image

<< <i>2 hrs for nothing this company is a joke another gold center here .....my guess is tommorrow they say we sold out >>

I'm sure that this is the actual case....the hundred sets left that didn't go out the back door were sold out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file