Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not getting these I now have more cash for my "family" to get the P Pucks image >>

It will just so suck if they are sold individually on different days.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Silver Sombrero for me! Nothing but busy signals for two hours. My fingers are sore. I'm going outside and take it out on some defenseless weeds!!!
  • Kind of happy I did not get through...only tried now and then. Hoepfully soem reports on this will come out and they'll still have some left.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    WOW, I sh**t you not, hitting redail many many times, and I get through, I look at the clock on my computer and it's 5:00 on the dot.

Guess I;m in. They'll call back tomorrow, I'll ask how many they are selling then.

• PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Strike out here...solid 2 hrs of calling.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • anyone ask if they will sell over the counter??
  • Their old voicemail is back up, no reason to call now.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Strike out here...solid 2 hrs of calling. >>

maybe GoldBuffalo can give them your name and number when they call him image
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>Their old voicemail is back up, no reason to call now. >>

What number did you call? I am still getting busy tone, but no voicemail?

I called 1800-258-7322
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • I tried for 1-1/2 hours finely got tired and suspected cherry picking glad I didn`t get through. Hope all that did get good coins.
  • Wanted to check the recording but still got the busy signal give it up people
  • Voicemail says the same thing as before they opened the line for phone calls, and obviously has not been updated in a long time.

Something along the lines of: visit our website in Q2, 2011 we will allow orders through our website...
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Dan
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Well, I got the call back.

I asked how many they are/were selling,

she said they sold around 1000 sets today.

Also, when I got through the first time, I could hear others in the background. They had more than one person working the phones, maybe temps.

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Got some new grades from pcgs....

Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67PL
    Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    If they sold 1000 sets, I don't think these are cherry picked. I have 6 sets already. If I wanted one more I would get my brother to buy a FideliTrade one, but not interested anymore. Congrats to those that got though.
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I got a set,got my callback about an hour ago.

• CNT Website Update:

Coming Soon - Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY.

Tuesday March 8, 2011

Phone lines now closed.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a set,got my callback about an hour ago.

image >>

Hi Roger!! Haven't seen you post in a LONGGG time!! Maybe you'll get a rare error puck for your fantastic error collection! Wow, these pucks are bringing out some real coin vets!

• << <i>Well, I got the call back.

I asked how many they are/were selling,

she said they sold around 1000 sets today.

Also, when I got through the first time, I could hear others in the background. They had more than one person working the phones, maybe temps. >>

Yes they were temps or something, because when I started asking questions, the girl who was helping me had to get someon else to answer my questions. lol.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys who didn't get thru......where were you calling from? I got thru in 35 mins. calling from Ohio to Mass......... Maybe the West coasters where shut out due to phone distance??
  • HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Calif caller here, maybe 300 redials. Busy every time!
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys who didn't get thru......where were you calling from? I got thru in 35 mins. calling from Ohio to Mass......... Maybe the West coasters where shut out due to phone distance?? >>

Took 28 calls and 11 minutes to get through from the Bay Area, CA. Cashier's Check already sent Priority Mail....
  • Just got PCGS grades out of 2 amark sets 2- 69DM,4-69PL,2-69,1-68DM,1-68PL. Thanks A-mark one set was from e-bay got lucky on that one. Good luck on yours
  • California. Got in on my 4th call. about 5 min after launch time.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got PCGS grades out of 2 amark sets 2- 69DM,4-69PL,2-69,1-68DM,1-68PL. Thanks A-mark one set was from e-bay got lucky on that one. Good luck on yours >>

When was your submission entered into the system?

I'm in the San Diego area. I dialed for 2 hours straight today...nothing but busy signals...
  • CA here, got shut down.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Any one here know roughly off the top of their head what PCGS charges to grade one of these 5 oz coins?
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    I got thru on 2nd try at 2:58 EST from Florida :-)
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    NYC. never got through.
    Dan

• << <i>

<< <i>Just got PCGS grades out of 2 amark sets 2- 69DM,4-69PL,2-69,1-68DM,1-68PL. Thanks A-mark one set was from e-bay got lucky on that one. Good luck on yours >>

When was your submission entered into the system? Entered in PCGS system 3/1 express service. Mailed registered 2/18

I'm in the San Diego area. I dialed for 2 hours straight today...nothing but busy signals... >>

• Ciolorado Springs, CO
    200 tries. 200 busy tones.
    No luck.
  • sucks to be me!!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dialed once, and redialed once. I didn't really care to get any more of these pucks.

This thread has got to be some kind of world record... Do I smell a free subscription to coin facts in my future? image
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Shut out here.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got thru on 2nd try at 2:58 EST from Florida :-) >>

Cheater image

1/2 hour from 12 miles north of CNT nada

Joe
  • FYI on my eBay puck sales this week. All were in PCGS FS holders with grades as noted and set up as 3 Day auctions (started Saturday p.m.) with BIN available and free shipping.

Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL: Hammered at $865 at auction's close with 3 bids.
    Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL: Sold as BIN for $399 within minutes of listing.
    Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL: Sold as BIN for $999 within mintues of listing.
    Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL: Hammered at $399 at auction's close with 1 bid.
    Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM: Did not sell - relisted. Opening bid was $399.99.

These were A-Mark pieces that I had less than $1200 in total including all grading and shipping fees.
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Tried calling in to Coins 'n' Things at the start of sales. Called 20 times, busy signal 20 times. If I hadn't already gotten a few sets previously I'd have kept trying, but after reading here about the price I quickly stopped and am happy with the sets I already have. I'm still waiting for the mint to place their 2010 5 ouncers on sale. It has to be before the end of this month, no??
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Some media article had 1Q2011 (or Feb2011?) in it and that has taken hold.

The mint web site is the place to check for definite info. That site still shows "TBD."

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I live 20 mins from their location. They do not sell to the public... you would think I would have gotten past one of you guys...image

<< <i>You guys who didn't get thru......where were you calling from? I got thru in 35 mins. calling from Ohio to Mass......... Maybe the West coasters where shut out due to phone distance?? >>

I was calling from Northern, VA. My father from Balto. MD and my Brother from NH.

Hundreds of calls between us, none got through.

Such B.S. with CNT. Months of waiting, two hours for calls. TOTAL B.S.

<< <i>Any one here know roughly off the top of their head what PCGS charges to grade one of these 5 oz coins? >>

Grading one will run about $70 for regular service + FS + shipping and handling.

• << <i>

<< <i>Any one here know roughly off the top of their head what PCGS charges to grade one of these 5 oz coins? >>

Grading one will run about $70 for regular service + FS + shipping and handling. >>

=X That's a lot of denero! $350 for an entire set! Personally I think FS labels is meaningless. It does nothing for me. It has no meaning on the quality of the coin since we all know they were minted at the same time.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Don't get me started with the FS/ER label and these....

I know two other people who tried to order these today. None of them, including myself got through.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>Grading one will run about $70 for regular service + FS + shipping and handling. >>

Mine were $30/each. With round trip insured shipping = $43/each. FS was no charge because they were A-Mark FS to begin with.

Don't know where the $70 figure came from. Can you break down that cost for us?
  • I know this is the wrong thread, but this page has been opened tab for the last 3 months, and figure that many of you would know...

Either way...

What's the story with the 1st 2011 First Spouse? Wasn't it supposed to be on sale on March 3rd? I don't see it on the Mint's site. Am i missing something?
  • HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭
    I see PCGS has the ATB price guide going. Current price for the DMPL Yosemite is 1300, while the pl is at 1400. Typo I guess. Anyone have the populations for the 69 pl and dmpl?
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • PCGS GRADES ARE HERE.

OUT OF 10 COINS THAT I SENT, I RECEIVED

2 MS69PL

3 MS68PL

4 MS68DM

1 MS67 (plain 67)

I guess, I cannot complain
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>What's the story with the 1st 2011 First Spouse? Wasn't it supposed to be on sale on March 3rd? I don't see it on the Mint's site. Am i missing something? >>

It's listed as TBD in the product schedule. I heard the reason is that the committees hated all of the obverse designs for that particular First Spouse, so they had to do another round of design reviews.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Not even interested in CnT's offering.

Too much pucks for me. I'm done until the Numismatic Version shows up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file