Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not even interested in CnT's offering.

Too much pucks for me. I'm done until the Numismatic Version shows up. >>

What's up with your 62's?? Did you take any pics or figure out what's wrong with them ???
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    a terrible experience. no issues with the coins, in my opinion, problem free and PL - NGC has issues with grading these pucks - I dont know if the demand for grading led to graders who normally dont grade moderns step into the equation? it sure seems that way.

they say no. of course.

I have never submitted a coin to NGC that wasn't cherry picked by myself - and i've graded lots and lots of moderns with NGC. They always have met my "anticipated grade" and very very few have ever graded lower (count them on one hand). Many have graded higher. I have been pleased until this experience with them.

I will not be submitting to NGC in the near future because of my experience with these pucks.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <I will not be submitting to NGC in the near future because of my experience with these pucks.>

If they weren't so expensive to submit, you should crack them out and resubmit...now that would be pretty damning if they shot up by 6 or 7 grades! And for people who usually quibble over a single numerical grade, a difference of 6 or 7 would really be out of this galaxy!

Just for the heck of it, you should videotape yourself cracking out a single coin and shipping it off to NGC for grading....and when it comes back with a much higher grade, you should send the tape off to Coin World!!!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i><I will not be submitting to NGC in the near future because of my experience with these pucks.>

If they weren't so expensive to submit, you should crack them out and resubmit...now that would be pretty damning if they shot up by 6 or 7 grades! And for people who usually quibble over a single numerical grade, a difference of 6 or 7 would really be out of this galaxy!

Just for the heck of it, you should videotape yourself cracking out a single coin and shipping it off to NGC for grading....and when it comes back with a much higher grade, you should send the tape off to Coin World!!! >>

What and expose NGC for their bad grading ! Shame on you.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Grading one will run about $70 for regular service + FS + shipping and handling. >>

Mine were $30/each. With round trip insured shipping = $43/each. FS was no charge because they were A-Mark FS to begin with.

Don't know where the $70 figure came from. Can you break down that cost for us? >>

Yes: Regular = $30 + $18 for FS (unless it's A Mark of course) + $8 "Handling" + about $20 for return shipping.

The price for a set is less/coin as the shipping is only a little more expensive and therefore less per coin.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish that I had the sense that you do.

I have no idea why I can't stop myself. I tried to order and could not get through yest. So, to make myself feel better, I had a relative order an F Trade set for me. At least I know that they don't cherry pick, a lot of them are DM and PL, and now that they ship in capsules I figured that they would be better than CNT anyway.

That has to be it for me.

Unless they grade 69 DMPL or such it's not even really worth it.

On the other hand, hopefully I'll finally get my PCGS MS69 MH. Just bad luck, but I can't seem to get a 69 MH to complete my set. All of the MHs that I've received have had problems.

Getting pucked out.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS GRADES ARE HERE.

OUT OF 10 COINS THAT I SENT, I RECEIVED

2 MS69PL

3 MS68PL

4 MS68DM

1 MS67 (plain 67)

I guess, I cannot complain >>

I would complain which AP did you get them from I bought an early gold center set from e-bay looked like small flipper but must have been cherry picked it looked like yours but no 69`s. I had 2 a-marks 1 from e-bay 8-69`s 2-68`s those you can`t complain about, sorry you didn't get more 69`s. So who did yours come from???
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys who didn't get thru......where were you calling from? I got thru in 35 mins. calling from Ohio to Mass......... Maybe the West coasters where shut out due to phone distance?? >>

I was calling from Northern, VA. My father from Balto. MD and my Brother from NH.

Hundreds of calls between us, none got through.

Such B.S. with CNT. Months of waiting, two hours for calls. TOTAL B.S. >>

Northern VA here also and I could not get through.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    a terrible experience. no issues with the coins, in my opinion, problem free and PL - NGC has issues with grading these pucks

I still believe my NGCs are PLs. These were FideliTrades and some posters here have received PL and DM designations that were FTs from PCGS. I might take them to the Baltimore Show to have NGC look at them again, but I think they have slammed the door on these designations. Just have to remember its the coin that counts not the holder.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I wish that I had the sense that you do.

I have no idea why I can't stop myself. I tried to order and could not get through yest. So, to make myself feel better, I had a relative order an F Trade set for me. At least I know that they don't cherry pick, a lot of them are DM and PL, and now that they ship in capsules I figured that they would be better than CNT anyway.

That has to be it for me.

Unless they grade 69 DMPL or such it's not even really worth it.

On the other hand, hopefully I'll finally get my PCGS MS69 MH. Just bad luck, but I can't seem to get a 69 MH to complete my set. All of the MHs that I've received have had problems.

Getting pucked out. >>

Raufus, I am about to send in 3 sets to PCGS for grading. I too want to try and make 2 MS69 sets. After I get my grades we can talk about trading to complete our sets.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Anyone know if CNT is planning on resuming orders today at 3PM, or anytime for that matter?
    (Website simply says that phone lines closed)
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my first batch of grades just posted. These were taken from the best of my APMEX and Fidelitrade sets. All PL and DMPL. I'm very pleased - I've got the nucleus of a nice MS69 DMPL set in the makings here. I'm sure I've got a HS MS69 DMPL in one of my other submissions. All of my GCs are in my other two submissions as well. Anyway, here they are:

Line # Item # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 506577 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    2 1 506581 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2 2 506580 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    3 1 506585 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    3 2 506584 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    4 1 506589 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    4 2 506589 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, my first batch of grades just posted. These were taken from the best of my APMEX and Fidelitrade sets. All PL and DMPL. I'm very pleased - I've got the nucleus of a nice MS69 DMPL set in the makings here. I'm sure I've got a HS MS69 DMPL in one of my other submissions. All of my GCs are in my other two submissions as well. Anyway, here they are:

4 2 506589 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM >>

Sweet! Congratsimage
  • Options
    God...with all these grade postings...I feel like I'm back in college looking at test results posted on the professor's door!!!

MEMORIES!!!
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>God...with all these grade postings...I feel like I'm back in college looking at test results posted on the professor's door!!!

MEMORIES!!! >>

You're right, I knew that reminded me of something!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, my first batch of grades just posted. These were taken from the best of my APMEX and Fidelitrade sets. All PL and DMPL. I'm very pleased - I've got the nucleus of a nice MS69 DMPL set in the makings here. I'm sure I've got a HS MS69 DMPL in one of my other submissions. All of my GCs are in my other two submissions as well. Anyway, here they are:

4 2 506589 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM >>

VEEEERRRYY nice grades! Congrats!

What was your turnaround time on these? I have a set languishing at PCGS since 2/21
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know if CNT is planning on resuming orders today at 3PM, or anytime for that matter?
    (Website simply says that phone lines closed) >>

They wanted the money by Monday. IF they reopen the lines, my guess is it would be Tuesday.

• Options
    << God...with all these grade postings...I feel like I'm back in college looking at test results posted on the professor's door!!!>>

<<MEMORIES!!! >>

<<You're right, I knew that reminded me of something! >>

And our grades were posted with FULL Social Security numbers...oh how innocent those days were.

Try posting thousands of SS numbers today and see the identity theft that would immediately result! Some kids would start applying for bogus credit cards in other students names right in the hall using their I-Phones!!!

But I digress...
  • Options
    as mentioned earlier... definitely some strange figures... - Yosemite 69DMPL only $1300, and Yellowstone 69DMPL $3000!

• Options

<< <i>I got thru on 2nd try at 2:58 EST from Florida :-) >>

I redialed for 45 minutes from Fla. and gave up. No pucksimage
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Yosemite was a typo and at that time should have been $2,300 list price in MS69DMPL.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I lost the address to where I was supposed to mail out my cashier's check to for Coins 'N THings. Can someone give me the address? lol.
  • Options
    CNT Inc.
    ATTN: ATB
    350 Bedford Street
    Bridgewater, MA 02324
    508-697-9600

My check arrived via FedEx this morning at 10:17am =)

GO FEDEX!!!
  • Options

<< <i>as mentioned earlier... definitely some strange figures... - Yosemite 69DMPL only $1300, and Yellowstone 69DMPL $3000! >>

yellowstone has a population of only 6 69DMPLs and grand canyon has 11 69DMPLs

The population supports yellowstone currently being the DMPL top dog.
  • Options

<< <i>CNT Inc.
    350 Bedford Street
    Bridgewater, MA 02324
    508-697-9600

GO FEDEX!!! >>

Thank you Sir! You are a lifesaver!
  • Options

<< <i>VEEEERRRYY nice grades! Congrats! What was your turnaround time on these? I have a set languishing at PCGS since 2/21 >>

My first two submissions were entered into the system (the A-Mark regrade order hasn't posted grades yet) on 2/21, so yours should be up soon...
  • Options

<< <i>CNT Inc.
    350 Bedford Street
    Bridgewater, MA 02324
    508-697-9600

GO FEDEX!!! >>

Ankes, Do i recall correctly that you work for FedEx? And did you post pages back that coins or bullion are insurable for more than $1,000?
    If my memory is still half decent, please do clarify... as i have tried to use FedEx a few times, and they keep on insisting that max insurance for gold/silver/coins/bullion is $1,000.

Thanks in advance
  • Options

<< <i>

2 MS69PL
    3 MS68PL
    4 MS68DM
    1 MS67 (plain 67)

I would complain which AP did you get them from I bought an early gold center set from e-bay looked like small flipper but must have been cherry picked it looked like yours but no 69`s. I had 2 a-marks 1 from e-bay 8-69`s 2-68`s those you can`t complain about, sorry you didn't get more 69`s. So who did yours come from??? >>

I had one set each from MTB, fidelitrade and Dilon Gage. I just sent two of those (not sure which one as i removed all packing). That was my first ever submission for grading.

BTW, Congrats on getting eight 69's.
  • Options
    OK OK I had to finally chime in here. I've been locked in the closet for the last 10,000 or so posts on this thread and Ive heard it all.

But to suggest that the folks at NGC could make a mistake well that's just going a little too far.

I do have one question though.

After NGC grades a coin don't they usually return the capsule with the slabbed coin or if the coin is cracked out and regraded they return the grade sheet from the previous slab? Am I right here?

Then why did they return the set I got from from MTB (which were nice BTW 3-69s and 2-68s but of course no PLs) without the capsules but they did return five PCGS slips that said First Strike....presumably from someone elses coins.

Hummmmmmmm.

I'm pretty sure I got my actual coins back, they looked the same to me and I had photographed them before I sent them off but it all makes you wonder.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

2 MS69PL
    3 MS68PL
    4 MS68DM
    1 MS67 (plain 67)

I would complain which AP did you get them from I bought an early gold center set from e-bay looked like small flipper but must have been cherry picked it looked like yours but no 69`s. I had 2 a-marks 1 from e-bay 8-69`s 2-68`s those you can`t complain about, sorry you didn't get more 69`s. So who did yours come from??? >>

I had one set each from MTB, fidelitrade and Dilon Gage. I just sent two of those (not sure which one as i removed all packing). That was my first ever submission for grading.

BTW, Congrats on getting eight 69's. >>

Yes that was a report I was glad to see could had a few more DMPL`s but out of the 10 I got 4-DM and 5-PL it was a good report.
  • Options

<< <i>as mentioned earlier... definitely some strange figures... - Yosemite 69DMPL only $1300, and Yellowstone 69DMPL $3000! >>

I just have to laugh at some of those prices, especially the difference in First Strike vs. non-First Strike. Look at the Grand Canyon: $600 for an MS69 DMPL, but $2300 for an MS69 DMPL First Strike? Since all of the 2010 pucks are eligible for FS, the only difference between the two is the label. Absurdity at its highest level...
  • Options
    What makes a coin prooflike? I understand what DM - Deep Mirror is but what's the difference between DM & PL? And what makes them both? Someone please explain. Thanks.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I just have to laugh at some of those prices, especially the difference in First Strike vs. non-First Strike. Look at the Grand Canyon: $600 for an MS69 DMPL, but $2300 for an MS69 DMPL First Strike? Since all of the 2010 pucks are eligible for FS, the only difference between the two is the label. Absurdity at its highest level... >>

Dont be too harsh, even at this early stage pricing is not entirely a pcgs decision, they may be a result of prices your customers paid you on e-bay for FS versus NONimage-----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>CNT Inc.
    350 Bedford Street
    Bridgewater, MA 02324
    508-697-9600

GO FEDEX!!! >>

Ankes, Do i recall correctly that you work for FedEx? And did you post pages back that coins or bullion are insurable for more than $1,000?
    If my memory is still half decent, please do clarify... as i have tried to use FedEx a few times, and they keep on insisting that max insurance for gold/silver/coins/bullion is $1,000.

Thanks in advance >>

Here's the scoop after rechecking. FedEx Express does not offer insurance. They do have limits of liability for different shipping services as well as types of products shipped.

For coins here is the policy:

Shipments (packages or freight) containing all or part of the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of US$1,000:

Collector's items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia.

Public reference page:

http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/terms/express-ground/index.html

In other words you have to self insure over $1,000 for coins.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>CNT Inc.
    350 Bedford Street
    Bridgewater, MA 02324
    508-697-9600

GO FEDEX!!! >>

Thanks in advance >>

Here's the scoop after rechecking. FedEx Express does not offer insurance. They do have limits of liability for different shipping services as well as types of products shipped.

For coins here is the policy:

Shipments (packages or freight) containing all or part of the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of US$1,000:

Collector's items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia.

Public reference page:

http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/terms/express-ground/index.html

In other words you have to self insure over $1,000 for coins. >>

Thank you so much for the clarification. (and verifying that my memory is Ok :-))
  • Options

<< <i>What makes a coin prooflike? I understand what DM - Deep Mirror is but what's the difference between DM & PL? And what makes them both? Someone please explain. Thanks. >>

From what i can tell... PL is every coin other that some Grand Canyon's that have that "hazy look". (Since they started the PL, DMPL designations i don't think I've seen ANY non PL/DMPL other than GC coins... -from what people here have been posting + my own/friends coins.)
  • Options

Well, I wasn't going to buy any more of these pucks but could not refuse C.& T. when they called today. I did not even get through on the

phone to them yesterday. I still think you can not go wrong with these as I think these ones are going to look much nicer than what the mint

is going to give us eventually.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I wasn't going to buy any more of these pucks but could not refuse C.& T. when they called today. I did not even get through on the

phone to them yesterday. I still think you can not go wrong with these as I think these ones are going to look much nicer than what the mint

is going to give us eventually. >>

They called you even though you didn't get through yesterday!?!? How did they have your number?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Pitboss is telepathic?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Dont be too harsh, even at this early stage pricing is not entirely a pcgs decision, they may be a result of prices your customers paid you on e-bay for FS versus NON-----------BigE >>

No customers until I get the coins back, but since I don't usually play the FS game, we'll see. My only FS pucks will be the regraded A-Marks, the rest are plain Jane slabs. I suppose if I wanted to, I could send the best back in for re-holdering and slip $18 extra in for FS labelling.

I plan on assembling an MS69 DMPL set for keeping - the rest are going up on Ebay and/or the BST to help pay for the keeper set.

<< <i>What makes a coin prooflike? I understand what DM - Deep Mirror is but what's the difference between DM & PL? And what makes them both? Someone please explain. Thanks. >>

In general, at least 4 inch mirrors are needed for PL, 8 inches for DMPL. SO despite what you may have heard, size matters!!! image
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i just got some of my grades posted. i sent in two sets together. one from amark and one from ftrade. i mistakenly sent them on one submission form. they had to be split into two separate submissions so i`m not sure which set this is. i hope my other set does a little better.

Order #20479959 / Submission #4448854
    Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19306734 506579 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    2 1 19306735 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67PL
    3 1 19306736 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    4 1 19306737 506575 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    5 1 19306738 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    Total Items: 5
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pitboss is telepathic? >>

I bet PB left a message on the answering machine? I got hooked to that once, I think, but hung up on it and kept dialing 1 800 258 7322 like a fiendish puck addict.

Got my fix today with another relative's check off to Fidelitrade instead.
  • Options

EMAIL !!!!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EMAIL !!!! >>

Brilliant!!! Well done, PB.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what is the email address? Inquiring minds want to know!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>i just got some of my grades posted. i sent in two sets together. one from amark and one from ftrade. i mistakenly sent them on one submission form. they had to be split into two separate submissions so i`m not sure which set this is. i hope my other set does a little better. >>

I'll bet that's your Fidelitrade set. The regrades (A-Mark) tend to take a little longer. They've got to bust them out of their holders before they can grade them. I also had two puck submissions on the same day. The raw (Fidelitrade and APMEX) grades posted today; the A-Mark regrades have not posted yet.
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

<< <i>

<< <i>i just got some of my grades posted. i sent in two sets together. one from amark and one from ftrade. i mistakenly sent them on one submission form. they had to be split into two separate submissions so i`m not sure which set this is. i hope my other set does a little better. >>

I'll bet that's your Fidelitrade set. The regrades (A-Mark) tend to take a little longer. They've got to bust them out of their holders before they can grade them. I also had two puck submissions on the same day. The raw (Fidelitrade and APMEX) grades posted today; the A-Mark regrades have not posted yet. >>

thanks for the info.

congrats on your grades. you did really well.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    The fact that the 2011's will be minted "in significantly higher quantities than the 2010's" should help these prices in the future

2011 pucks
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The fact that the 2011's will be minted "in significantly higher quantities than the 2010's" should help these prices in the future

2011 pucks >>

100,000 of each will make these really nice to own in any grade.

Joe
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I got an email from CNT---I will have a set coming.

Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file