Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like the Radar notesimage
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< What AP's are still offering? >> >>

Fidelitrade still had a few sets as of yesterday. My sister image ordered one. Haven't received confirmation of the order yet, but I expect we will before the end of the week...
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many did Prudential actually sell, by the way? They and Gold Center ought to be booted as APs. How many did Dillon Gage sell? Boot them too. >>

Prudential, at least 5 sets, GC horrible as well. Both should DEFINITELY be booted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that DG sold a lot more.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What AP's are still offering? >>

Possibly AMark and Fidelitrade. More likely with the later. MTB was selling, but recently put things on hold (per a board member).

It sounds like Jack Hunt may be starting a list if you email them.

Coins and Things will be selling today from 3pm-5pm EST: 1-800-258-7322. >>

Hi PF-

Do you have Hunt's email?

It says absolutely no calls, do not call. Do they want to be contacted?

Thanks
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F-Trade has also improved their packaging...they're now using Airtites and bubble wrap!
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What AP's are still offering? >>

Possibly AMark and Fidelitrade. More likely with the later. MTB was selling, but recently put things on hold (per a board member).

It sounds like Jack Hunt may be starting a list if you email them.

Coins and Things will be selling today from 3pm-5pm EST: 1-800-258-7322. >>

Hi PF-

Do you have Hunt's email?

It says absolutely no calls, do not call. Do they want to be contacted?

Thanks >>

I think folks must be using this.

I haven't tried contacting them yet. Not sure what being on the "list" means, but it can't be a bad place to be. Maybe they'll do this thing the Dillon Gage way.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any luck with CnT orders? I called the number, got referred to a web site, but the site doesn't work for me.....
    ----- kj

• << <i>Anyone have any luck with CnT orders? I called the number, got referred to a web site, but the site doesn't work for me..... >>

Since the offering is from 3p-5p it kinda makes sense you didn't get anywhere....
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Anyone have any luck with CnT orders? I called the number, got referred to a web site, but the site doesn't work for me..... >>

Think they were trying to tell you it's not time yet
    Never hurts to try! image
    ----- kj

<< <i>Never hurts to try! image >>

But this it what happens

Jam it
  • blue594blue594 Posts: 550
    They are asking $1,100 For the ATB set plus $6 face of 90%. See below for more explanation.
    I got through and they took my name and number.
    A salesperson is supposed to call me back in 10 minutes.
    John

edited to clarify what you are getting for the $1,100.
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.

• << <i>They are asking $1,100.

John >>

That's not within Mint guidelines...
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    $1,100 before shipping?
  • blue594blue594 Posts: 550
    They said that they had to charge that so there would be no sales tax. They don't do business where they have to pay sales tax. That's what the man said.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They said that they had to charge that so there would be no sales tax. They don't do business where they have to pay sales tax. That's what the man said.

John >>

Would be an interesting story to use....I don't pay sales tax in my state for bullion anyway.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    I called and received the same message. I didn't understand the sales tax clarification.

He said something about $6 over 90% which I also didn't quite understand.

When they call me back (in 15 minutes, they said) I will need to get some clarification.

-J
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<They said that they had to charge that so there would be no sales tax. They don't do business where they have to pay sales tax. That's what the man said.>>

Excuse me, but I thought the major number re no sales tax on bullion would be $1000 (or $1001), not $1,100?!?!?

What gives?

<< <i>They said that they had to charge that so there would be no sales tax. They don't do business where they have to pay sales tax. That's what the man said.

John >>

hmmmm....

kinda fishy.... but guess it's a better price than Apmex was charging at the start....
    ----- kj
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    The way MTB got over $1000 was to add ASEs.
    Dan
    That's downright fishy. Sounds like a clever way to try to get around the Mint's regulations.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I cant even get through to them, number is busy.
  • ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>

<< <i>They are asking $1,100.

John >>

That's not within Mint guidelines... >>

I thought mint guidelines were based on spot and not what the ap's paid?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<They said that they had to charge that so there would be no sales tax. They don't do business where they have to pay sales tax. That's what the man said.>>

Excuse me, but I thought the major number re no sales tax on bullion would be $1000 (or $1001), not $1,100?!?!?

What gives? >>

Going back to the well for more Rich?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
    Their one phone must be busy
  • I can't get through either. Busy busy busy
    Time to revisit this guideline:

Authorized Purchasers may charge to their customers a price no higher than ten percent above the price at which the Authorized Purchasers acquire 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins from the United States Mint. Authorized Purchasers may charge their customers a reasonable shipping and handling fee; however, Authorized Purchasers may not charge any other fee, premium, or other expense to their customers to circumvent this ten-percent markup limitation. The intention of this condition is to ensure that members of the public can obtain these coins at a reasonable and affordable purchase price.

NO OTHER FEE, PREMIUM, OR OTHER EXPENSE TO CIRCUMVENT.
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 328 ✭✭
    I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on the $1100 mark... given what stores like AMark and Fidelitrade charged (or are still charging).
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

If they're trying to maximize profits, what are the odds that they did not cherrypick? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I cant even get through to them, number is busy. >>

Same here.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

<< <i>I thought mint guidelines were based on spot and not what the ap's paid? >>

Wrong-o!!! The mint rules are based on what the AP paid the mint. The APs are not supposed to charge more than 10% of cost, plus reasonable shipping and handling charges. Since all the APs bought and paid for their hoards in the Dec./Jan. timeframe, $1100 seems way out of line.

One thought: Are they perhaps slabbed by one of the TPGs? This might account for a greater cost. The next person that gets through should ask about the packaging.
    Think I will be satisfied with what I have and not bite on this one....
    ----- kj
  • Not sure why I'm even bothering you know these coins are gonna be so picked over with a jacked up price to boot.

<< <i>I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on the $1100 mark... given what stores like AMark and Fidelitrade charged (or are still charging). >>

Me, too. Do I want to sit here and dial for the next two hours? It's about 72 degrees outside and I could be out there whacking weeds and spraying Roundup!image
  • I got through.

They said that in order to get the price up above the amount necessary to avoid local sales taxes, they have combined the ATB pucks with 6 dollars face value of 90% coinage, and that gets the price up to where they can avoid taxes.

I don't think that violates the mint rules, although it is interesting.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure why I'm even bothering you know these coins are gonna be so picked over with a jacked up price to boot. >>

I agree and they make it so hard to even get through to them that it is not worth it. I have 3 sets already so its not as if I need any more.
  • Not going to try any more.
  • i'm losing interest fast. going to trade stocks now.image
  • nm
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>I got through.

They said that in order to get the price up above the amount necessary to avoid local sales taxes, they have combined the ATB pucks with 6 dollars face value of 90% coinage, and that gets the price up to where they can avoid taxes.

I don't think that violates the mint rules, although it is interesting. >>

Wonder if you could request eagles instead, probably not,image
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I got through.

I don't think that violates the mint rules, although it is interesting.

That's consistent with MTB approach.

$6 of 90% is about $160, so comes out to $940 for the pucks.
    Dan

<< <i>I got through.

I don't think that violates the mint rules, although it is interesting. >>

Thanks for the clarification. I was not aware they were including additional silver. A orrdering I go.....if I can get through.

• << <i>Their one phone must be busy >>

they must answer one call than take a five minute break before they answer another.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

<< <i><< I got through. They said that in order to get the price up above the amount necessary to avoid local sales taxes, they have combined the ATB pucks with 6 dollars face value of 90% coinage, and that gets the price up to where they can avoid taxes. I don't think that violates the mint rules, although it is interesting. >> >>

Who knows, they may have cleared it beforehand with the mint legal guys. Doubtful, but possible...
  • Yes I got through after 5 minutes. I actually only called 3 times and got through. He went really fast explaining to me something and something about 90% silver and something about taxes that I didn't quite understand but I just gave him my name & number for the $1100 and I'l ask questnions when I get a call back. lol.
  • It would be nice if I could get ASE instead! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone since I give out ASE coins as gifts. The regular 90% coinage does nothing for me.
  • The 90% coinage may save your life some day image

• << <i>It would be nice if I could get ASE instead! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone since I give out ASE coins as gifts. The regular 90% coinage does nothing for me. >>

90% does alot for me. I'll buy it if you don't want it :>
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got through also. Got the 90% explanation also. $1100 total. Don't know if I'm happy or not??

• << <i>The 90% coinage may save your life some day image >>

This is true.. $6 face value of 90% silver coinage vs $2 face value of 2 ASE coins.... hmmm... One day I might be dieing of thirst and there's only 1 bottle of water left in the vending machine, the $6 could save my life since vending machines don't take $1 ASE's. >.<

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file