Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>I just opened this thread for the first time.

Can someone sum it up in a scentence or two?

image >>

Here are three, take your choice depending on your viewpoint:

"U.S. Mint Continues to be Unpredictable and Incognizant of Secondary Marketmaker Concerns in Releasing 5 Ounce ATB Silver Coins in Quantities Far Below Marketplace Expectations; Then Intervenes by Placing Restrictions on Prices and Quantities Sold by it's Best Customers, the Authorized Purchasers". "Collectors, Investors, and Dealers Cry Foul, in Some Cases for Different Reasons, But Nonetheless Widely Participate in a Somewhat Regulated Version of Free Market Trading".

"5 Ounce Silver ATB's Released in Short Quantities; at Least One AP Sets Marketprice for Coins and is Bombarded With Criticism From Collectors and From Flippers Seeking Short Term Monetary Gains". "Ultimately the Marketplace Rules and Determines Coins are Worth in Excess of the Initial Offering Price by That AP".

"An Intense Numismatic Drama Consisting of Incompetance and Greed Has Unfolded Surrounding the Newly Released 5 Ounce Silver ATB's. The U.S. Mint Caught Everyone Off Guard by Producing a Mere One Third of the Expected Quantities of These Coins Which Were Already Thought by Many to be More of a "Collectible" Issue than a "Bullion" Item. After Two Months of Extreme Confusion and Disaray, Marketplace Eventually Settles Into More Stable Conditions".

Take your pick, or write your own. My point is there are many interpretations of this fiasco and no two will be EXACTLY the same.

John >>

LOL, they are all correct !!!
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i> Man i sure must be getting old, instead of wasting time messing with some one else may i suggest you use your time to do more productive things. There are so many other places that are not sold out yet, sure seems SOME of the new generation wants things NOW. They talk bad about how the ap's and the way they decided doing this yet they buy from them. Remember all the bad talk about amark, oh they cherry picked them all, oh there hiding hundreds of sets. I think if you spent more time writing those places instead of trying to start a witchhunt you will find out certain things. But i guess most people just want it handed to them on a brass plate. If you send Jack hunt a note off there website they will put your name on there list. I just happened to write them a nice note asking them when they might go on sale and they replied, with we will put you on our list. Where has Patience gone? Lets go on to coins and things READ there website Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY. The key word here is Begin By Phone, Not all orders will be accepted by phone, there still working on getting the website up. image Still say the glass is half full...................... >>

1tommy,

How did you contact Jack Hunt? If I click on the Contact link on their website, it says they will only respond to inquires from Professional Scrap Dealers. Did you ignor this and submit your request anyway? I think that's why people here have a somewhat negative impression of Jack Hunt. Everything on their website says "don't bother us about the ATB coins."
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Lets go on to coins and things READ there website Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY. The key word here is Begin By Phone, Not all orders will be accepted by phone, there still working on getting the website up. image Still say the glass is half full...................... >>

1tommy,

How did you contact Jack Hunt? If I click on the Contact link on their website, it says they will only respond to inquires from Professional Scrap Dealers. Did you ignor this and submit your request anyway? I think that's why people here have a somewhat negative impression of Jack Hunt. Everything on their website says "don't bother us about the ATB coins." >>

Yes,Last thursday i sent them a nice note asking if they were going to put them up for sale soon, to my surprise i got an email back saying your on the list. Now I do not understand why they do the things they do, But I have learned by playing the game and not freaking out on the Ap's, and yes some of them did and do deserve to be talked about. But Give them a chance, its one thing if each member here that wants another set to send the same note, but if 500 people send notes for there brother and the rest thats when they get over whelmed. I am skipping CNT and wish all of you that still want a set good luck. I really believe that my recent payment sent to fideitrade on saturday is going to go thru. Those sets are still out there at cost, call prudential tomorrow and ask..............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Just a note on the ongoing saga. Just bought a couple of first spouse golds from MCM. Prior to this ATB situation that business would have gone to APMEX. Thanks for a great alternative John.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Jack "Do Not Call" Hunt still has the same message from Dec 29. That's so last year. >>

Everyone should call them 10 times a day asking about the coins. It wastes their time. >>

Man i sure must be getting old, instead of wasting time messing with some one else may i suggest you use your time to do more productive things. There are so many other places that are not sold out yet, sure seems SOME of the new generation wants things NOW. They talk bad about how the ap's and the way they decided doing this yet they buy from them. Remember all the bad talk about amark, oh they cherry picked them all, oh there hiding hundreds of sets. I think if you spent more time writing those places instead of trying to start a witchhunt you will find out certain things. But i guess most people just want it handed to them on a brass plate. If you send Jack hunt a note off there website they will put your name on there list. I just happened to write them a nice note asking them when they might go on sale and they replied, with we will put you on our list. Where has Patience gone? Lets go on to coins and things READ there website Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY. The key word here is Begin By Phone, Not all orders will be accepted by phone, there still working on getting the website up. image Still say the glass is half full...................... >>

Firstly, it is impossible to waste my time as my time has no value. Though the idea of wasting their time and payroll dollars does amuse me, that is not the main point of having everyone call several times. If they're answering several calls an hour about these coins it might prompt them to be a little more forthcoming with their plans on selling these. Everyone should call Apmex 20 times a day for the same reason.

Businesses make money by buying and selling. If they're not buying and selling they're losing money. I doubt these two offenders are simply holding the coins. Dealers are getting hundreds of sets somehow aren't they? These are corrupt players in a corrupt game.

As to wanting stuff now: You're right I want the damn coins now, IT IS MARCH 6TH!!! The time for patience has ended, the time of constant calls has begun. I don't know what all this talk of brass/silver plates has to do with anything. All I want to do is buy from them. I'm not going to beg like a dog for a scrap to be put on some supposed list. That is not the Flipper way. image

I don't buy any nonsensical "due to overwhelming demand we can't sell these because of the overwhelming demand, so we can't sell these yet (because of overwhelming demand)" explanation. Why put up with the frustration of these things for so long? You're going to make 10% whether you sold in January or June. Must be some sort of incentive for them...

• << <i>

<< <i> Man i sure must be getting old, instead of wasting time messing with some one else may i suggest you use your time to do more productive things. There are so many other places that are not sold out yet, sure seems SOME of the new generation wants things NOW. They talk bad about how the ap's and the way they decided doing this yet they buy from them. Remember all the bad talk about amark, oh they cherry picked them all, oh there hiding hundreds of sets. I think if you spent more time writing those places instead of trying to start a witchhunt you will find out certain things. But i guess most people just want it handed to them on a brass plate. If you send Jack hunt a note off there website they will put your name on there list. I just happened to write them a nice note asking them when they might go on sale and they replied, with we will put you on our list. Where has Patience gone? Lets go on to coins and things READ there website Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY. The key word here is Begin By Phone, Not all orders will be accepted by phone, there still working on getting the website up. image Still say the glass is half full...................... >>

1tommy,

How did you contact Jack Hunt? If I click on the Contact link on their website, it says they will only respond to inquires from Professional Scrap Dealers. Did you ignor this and submit your request anyway? I think that's why people here have a somewhat negative impression of Jack Hunt. Everything on their website says "don't bother us about the ATB coins." >>

Yeah, what he said.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC 68ERs are goind for around $300!! Yikes! Down $100 in days.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Even more yikes was the PCGS GC DMPL 68 that went for $431.

The 69's seem to be holding around $500 with the exception of the Yosemite.
  • Prices holding up on teletrade A-mark sets around $2000 singles around $400 with 30 minutes left. E-buyers are just getting burnout. New buyers are still willing to pay.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Happily sitting on SEALED sets. Once the label chasers determine their holy grail, then maybe, possibly one of my unopened sets may contain their precious.

Also, wont it get very interesting if/when silver tips $39 oz, that unsold AP sets will actually have to sell for less than current spot???
    What happens then? worm hole? tornadoes in L.A? Charlie Sheen makes complete sense?

Loves me some shiny!
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Who really gives a crap about this crap? 10,000 posts, someone obviousy does
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

• << <i>Who really gives a crap about this crap? 10,000 posts, someone obviousy does >>

I do. It's an interesting part of the coin market.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"

<< <i>Prices holding up on teletrade A-mark sets around $2000 singles around $400 with 30 minutes left. E-buyers are just getting burnout. New buyers are still willing to pay. >>

I've never sold on Teletrade. How much are the fees? Have many of you tried that?

• << <i>

<< <i>Prices holding up on teletrade A-mark sets around $2000 singles around $400 with 30 minutes left. E-buyers are just getting burnout. New buyers are still willing to pay. >>

I've never sold on Teletrade. How much are the fees? Have many of you tried that? >>

Not sure probably 10-15%, but I think they are running a no fee special during March.
    Well I finally bit and will be receiving an empty blue monster box from coins n things. that's the only thing I will be buying from them, good luck to all on Tuesday.
    This got me thinking can anyone think of anyother memorabilia of the ATB's to collect?
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Prices dropping FAST! I'm glad I cashed in before the drops. Seems like PL and DMPLs are not nearly as rare as originally thought. People who paid huge money for them when they first came out will probably be buried.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • set just sold on ebay @ $1375 free shipping. what does that net the seller? Silver going up. Closing in on bullion value.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Prices dropping FAST! I'm glad I cashed in before the drops. Seems like PL and DMPLs are not nearly as rare as originally thought. People who paid huge money for them when they first came out will probably be buried. >>

This is a series that the early bird gets pulled to their death by the worm (non-ap buys). Pages ago, I predicted these will settle @1450 which was AMARK's initial sell price. I still think that is where it will be - with a slight premium for DM/PL's. Of course, all bets are off if spot keeps going through the roof...

• << <i>set just sold on ebay @ $1375 free shipping. what does that net the seller? Silver going up. Closing in on bullion value. >>

If I may...you mean that an auction ended at $1375 - the term sold is a little too concrete for Ebay isn't it? Probably just get re-listed until it goes for more...image
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Sunday has historically been the day where prices take a big beating with these things. Unless you hold a rather unique ATB, this is not a good day to have your 5 oz listings end. This will certainly eventually change, but right now, it ain't good.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • My auctions ended tonight and got just over $2500 for 3 69's a 68 and a 67 ngc's ER. One 69 was a Yosemite so picked it up a notch. I'm happy with that.
  • Yellow Stone National park was the first national park founded in 1872. In 1862 after paintings of Yosemite surfaced congress decided they needed preserve it,so they gave it to California, after Niagara falls had been exploited for power, timber and trinket sellers they didn`t want that to happen to Yellowstone. However neither Wyoming,Montana or Idaho were states yet so in 1872 they started the National Park service with Yellowstone. And now you know the rest of the story.good day
  • The vast majority of those ungraded open sets on ebay have more then likely been cherry picked through and they're dumping the crap. I wouldn't buy an open set unless it was already graded.
  • So is anyone predicting price of unopened sets to go beyond $2000 in the coming months ?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, wont it get very interesting if/when silver tips $39 oz, that unsold AP sets will actually have to sell for less than current spot???
    >>

Sets are selling for less than spot right now. Fidelitrade sells the set for $860.20 + $69 in shipping / handling.

$860.20 divided by 25 = $34.01

Spot right now is $36.48 (holy cow!!!!!!!!)

You are always going to have to pay some shipping / handling fee, so I discount that from the calculation.

• << <i>So is anyone predicting price of unopened sets to go beyond $2000 in the coming months ? >>

Coinupdate thinks they will be 2K in a year or 2

link

By the way, Welcome to the forum

• << <i>Seems like PL and DMPLs are not nearly as rare as originally thought. >>

Not nearly as rare is an understatement since it seems that every PCGS puck recently graded IS PL or DM unless there are issues with it. The NGC PL's will be their outlier and the PCGS non-PL will be their outlier
  • Does anyone have any idea what the CNT price will be for the set? Methods of payment, packaging etc? Someone somewhere must have the inside info?
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    [Not nearly as rare is an understatement since it seems that every PCGS puck recently graded IS PL or DM unless there are issues with it.

I cannot imagine. I have some raw ones and about 2/3rds of them have no chance at PL. The others are border line.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who have submitted and received your graded pucks from our host, what has been your turnaround time? Both regrades and raw times are welcome.

I've got three different orders in and was wondering what the true "Regular Service" turnarounds have been. The website has said 17 days for months now...
  • I have tried calling MTB twice this morning. I think they dont' want to sell anymore sets until the spot price of silver drops. THey keep telling me they are not accepting orders.
  • ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>For those of you who have submitted and received your graded pucks from our host, what has been your turnaround time? Both regrades and raw times are welcome.

I've got three different orders in and was wondering what the true "Regular Service" turnarounds have been. The website has said 17 days for months now... >>

Mine was 14 business days. (2/10 - 3/2)

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Jack "Do Not Call" Hunt still has the same message from Dec 29. That's so last year. >>

Everyone should call them 10 times a day asking about the coins. It wastes their time. >>

Man i sure must be getting old, instead of wasting time messing with some one else may i suggest you use your time to do more productive things. There are so many other places that are not sold out yet, sure seems SOME of the new generation wants things NOW. They talk bad about how the ap's and the way they decided doing this yet they buy from them. Remember all the bad talk about amark, oh they cherry picked them all, oh there hiding hundreds of sets. I think if you spent more time writing those places instead of trying to start a witchhunt you will find out certain things. But i guess most people just want it handed to them on a brass plate. If you send Jack hunt a note off there website they will put your name on there list. I just happened to write them a nice note asking them when they might go on sale and they replied, with we will put you on our list. Where has Patience gone? Lets go on to coins and things READ there website Due to overwhelming demand order requests will begin by PHONE ONLY. The key word here is Begin By Phone, Not all orders will be accepted by phone, there still working on getting the website up. image Still say the glass is half full...................... >>

Thanks image, I e-mailed JH as well and received a reply back that I was on the list. Not sure if this is a DGage style list or just for general notification but at least it is a step in the right direction. Also if CnT does have their whole allotment of coins then you are correct in not worrying about the first two hours (though I will try), FTrade and even A-Mark still seem to have coins a month after they started selling..
  • The posts on this thread seems to be getting less and less as the days go by... This is my only entertainment at work! YOu people get to posting!

• My father sent an order into Fidelitrade back in Jan. There had been no word from Fidelitrade since he received the e-mail confirmation that they had received the order. I told him to call and find out what was up. Turns out they lost his check and the original order. He has the signature of the person who received it and they did send a confirmation but after that nothing. They told him to put a stop payment on the check and they would pay the fee. The good news was that they told him that still had a set for him.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received notification from MTB that my set of ATBs was shipped via UPS on Monday. Can anyone tell me how MTB is packaging their coins? I purchased 3 sets of Z5 coin holders in anticipation of my Fidelitrade, MTB, and Dillon Gage coin sets. I know that I don't need the Fidelitrade set of holders...but will I need them for MTB and Dillon Gage? Does anybody need some coin holder sets?
  • My MTB set came in plastic capsules
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received notification from MTB that my set of ATBs was shipped via UPS on Monday. Can anyone tell me how MTB is packaging their coins? I purchased 3 sets of Z5 coin holders in anticipation of my Fidelitrade, MTB, and Dillon Gage coin sets. I know that I don't need the Fidelitrade set of holders...but will I need them for MTB and Dillon Gage? Does anybody need some coin holder sets? >>

MTB comes in airtites. You can use them as coasters and not even get beer stains on the coins.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • My turnaround time was about the same, sent 2/19 received email that grades were available 3/7. Bad news is 1 MS66 PL and good news, 1 MS69 DMPL.
  • Here's a new set of PCGS grades (not mine) for reference from a collector on another board:

Hot Springs MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS68PL
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Grand Canyon MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS67DMPL
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My turnaround time was about the same, sent 2/19 received email that grades were available 3/7. Bad news is 1 MS66 PL and good news, 1 MS69 DMPL. >>

Well, I guess my orders should be on deck, then. I dropped off four from my Amark set to be regraded and the best of my Fidelitrade and APMEX sets for raw grading at the Collectors Public Friday on 2/18. They weren't entered into the system until 2/21. Any day now...
  • << My turnaround time was about the same, sent 2/19 received email that grades were available 3/7. Bad news is 1 MS66 PL and good news, 1 MS69 DMPL. >>

Sounds like my results.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's all the excitement over todays offerings?? Don't tell me you cynics are skeptical of the AP's sincere efforts to offer them to the public!image
    Prudential Part II no doubt. Likely the same B.S.

• What AP's are still offering?
    I just want to find out what the things are!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many did Prudential actually sell, by the way? They and Gold Center ought to be booted as APs. How many did Dillon Gage sell? Boot them too.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>What AP's are still offering? >>

Possibly AMark and Fidelitrade. More likely with the later. MTB was selling, but recently put things on hold (per a board member).

It sounds like Jack Hunt may be starting a list if you email them.

Coins and Things will be selling today from 3pm-5pm EST: 1-800-258-7322.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file