Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And still no word at all from Fidelitrade...

Just curious...of those who sent their application and had it arrive on Day One....how many of you have still not heard anything from them [like me]?

With them indicating that they still had available supply as of this week, I'm beginning to wonder... >>

I got the 'received your package' email last night. USPS express on that friday everyone sent them in, 2:30 delivery.

Hang in there, how many can they do in a day? 100 ?

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< And still no word at all from Fidelitrade... Just curious...of those who sent their application and had it arrive on Day One....how many of you have still not heard anything from them [like me]? With them indicating that they still had available supply as of this week, I'm beginning to wonder... >> >>

My order and my friend's were in the Express Mail 2:20 PM batch on the first day. Neither of us had heard anything until late yesterday. We both got the following email from ATB@Fidelitrade:

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated
  • Options
    I was also in the 2:20 batch and haven't rec'd an acceptance email. I spoke with a woman named Linda this AM and she said I may not receive an acceptance email until late this week or early next. She also said the only reason they're accepting additional orders is because they had several individuals try to exceed the one/ HH rule. At the end of the day as long as your order is in the compliance process and hasn't violated the rules you should get your coins.
  • Options
    Yup....I was in the same 230p USPS Express delivery group and got the same email last night image

Now I have 3 confirmations (MTB, FTD, AMRK) and no coins....

Baby steps...
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother just placed his A Mark order (one of the "lucky 250") quickly and w/no problems. Placed at 11:24 EST ord. # 2821.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<At the end of the day as long as your order is in the compliance process and hasn't violated the rules you should get your coins. >>

Great...I'm just hoping that someone living on one of the other 13 floors in one of the other 150 apartments in my building didn't also order coins.

I can imagine having the "same mailing address" as someone else blowing me out of the water [don't laugh, the Mint has also gotten confused on this point in the past]. Because, you know, nobody still lives in apartment buildings anymore!
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rich... when I spoke with Fidelitrade yesterday there were two issues with my order..... They had my last name spelled in the system incorrectly and they did not have my email address on the order. She corrected these issues while I was on the phone. Give them a call.... today! >>

Same here with respect to the e-mail address.
    It was corrected while on the phone and I got the processing order email an hour later.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting twist...presale but w/actual pics. I thought that it was an in-hand auction bringing sub $2K until I read it and saw that it was a pre-sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-PCGS-America-Beautiful-5-oz-First-Strike-Set-/320647609545?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa8163cc9
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting twist...presale but w/actual pics. I thought that it was an in-hand auction bringing sub $2K until I read it and saw that it was a pre-sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-PCGS-America-Beautiful-5-oz-First-Strike-Set-/320647609545?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa8163cc9 >>

Yeah, those are misleading. The images are of proof regular-size quarters. The 5 oz. rounds are not that frosty!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Who's actually buying at the $2000 price? Are they collectors or speculators hoping to grade the presales? My guess is that they are all speculators at that price. Especially when there is still oportunity to buy from APs at the lower mandated price. If that's true, I highly doubt anyone is fooled by any of the misleading pictures if their plan is to actually buy the auction. IMHO.
  • Options
    So...other than APMEX, some MTB, and the Gold Center debacle...has anyone else actually officially shipped/released these things yet?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, since I couldn't find my shoes on Saturday (my Kids Hide them) in time to hit fedex I had to wait until yesterday Morning to shoot an order to Fidelitrade...Best I could do...

Ship date Jan 24, 2011
    Delivery date Jan 25, 2011 9:37 AM
    image >>

Wow, Hey Pitboss, These guys are fast, just got this email: Receipt of Correspondence--

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Coin Silver
    Bullion Set and Fidelitrade Incorporated. We have received your correspondence
    and your request has been forwarded to our compliance processing center for
    further review.

This is only an acknowledgement that your request has been received. This is
    NOT confirmation that your request has been accepted.

If your request is accepted, you will receive an Order Confirmation in the
    upcoming weeks. For your reference, please find the attached document which
    contains more information on the program.

Thank You,
    FideliTrade Incorporated

Also, this may be old news but it also came with a 3 page download explaining how orders are processed...
  • Options

<< <i>So...other than APMEX, some MTB, and the Gold Center debacle...has anyone else actually officially shipped/released these things yet? >>

There seemed to be an opened box from Dillon Gage on ebay a little while ago. And Prudential apparently took a few phone orders but I don't know if they've shipped anything.

Every passing day the "we are not equipped for retail" excuse gets a little lamer. Especially with APMEX.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, since I couldn't find my shoes on Saturday (my Kids Hide them) in time to hit fedex I had to wait until yesterday Morning to shoot an order to Fidelitrade...Best I could do...

Ship date Jan 24, 2011
    Delivery date Jan 25, 2011 9:37 AM
    image >>

Wow, Hey Pitboss, These guys are fast, just got this email: Receipt of Correspondence--

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Coin Silver
    Bullion Set and Fidelitrade Incorporated. We have received your correspondence
    and your request has been forwarded to our compliance processing center for
    further review.

This is only an acknowledgement that your request has been received. This is
    NOT confirmation that your request has been accepted.

If your request is accepted, you will receive an Order Confirmation in the
    upcoming weeks. For your reference, please find the attached document which
    contains more information on the program.

Thank You,
    FideliTrade Incorporated

Also, this may be old news but it also came with a 3 page download explaining how orders are processed... >>

Wow, that's great. They received mine yesterday and have not acknowledged it as of yet,
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    It's official... I'm in with Fidelitrade.

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

FideliTrade Incorporated

Thats one each for MTB, A-Mark & Fidelitrade. Going to keep the best one of each design and dump the rest.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>It's official... I'm in with Fidelitrade.

--Order Acceptance--

FideliTrade Incorporated

Thats one each for MTB, A-Mark & Fidelitrade. Going to keep the best one of each design and dump the rest. >>

same here on the keep & dump.
  • Options
    Yikes, what a long thread! Can somebody please update me on just what the hell we're talking about, now? I think the last time I replied was like some 5000 posts ago.
  • Options
    Ok...now that I got my feedback I can bring this out:

Beware of buyer's remorse when selling your ATB's. I sold an APMEX set for $2895 as a BIN and the buyer paid immmediately....shipped coins as rec'd from APMEX and got:

Ebay case opened: reason..not as described/damaged coins

They were great looking encapsulated coins...wanted money back....I said fine...ship the F'in coins back since there was nothing wrong with them....

Got this: "well, if I could get a rebate of $400 I will keep the damaged coins"

I said: WTF ...send the coins back

Then rethought what he paid and said I would refund $300

Took it in a heartbeat.....

Great case of extortion in my mind but $2595 saved me the grief of relisting and going through it again......

pucks

Ebay ID: gurallah .....some interesting feedback re: selling fake coins

Just beware.......
  • Options
    LOL

Dillon Gage Update....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    At this point we are unable to accept names or take orders for these coins. If more information becomes available, we will post it on this website. No phone calls, please.

Thank you for your understanding.

(Same message, just changed date from 18th to 25th!)
  • Options

<< <i>Won't prices be mostly dependent on the "end" products price?
    In other words... the same way there are ppl that are buying from APs to flip on ebay... there are tons of dealers that buy on ebay to grade and flip back on ebay or to private customers - as long as the spread is there...
    So in my opinion --- sure there are MANY variables that will make the prices of these raw/presale/in hand coins change... but the MAIN variable has to be the price for graded coins / sets... and if that stays elevated then there will always be enough demand for the raw coins - especially sealed cases.
    Now if graded prices start falling... that's when you'll see prices tank, and all bets are off.
    (I think the last week of price action has been made by uneducated flippers that are "panicking". and i fully agree with an earlier post... that if prices continue to fall, the presales (for sure the A-Marks) will all be rescinded.) >>

Another point that hasn't really been mentioned is Silver's 14% pullback since the beginning of the year.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just got my notice from FTI. I had sent in the payment by USPS express. It was somewhat delayed because the PO in DE held over 200 of the orders in express envelopes till later than 3 pm that day. >>

What day was that? >>

i just got an email from fidelitrade telling me i`m getting a set. they got my express envelope on monday at around 2 PM.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok...now that I got my feedback I can bring this out:

Beware of buyer's remorse when selling your ATB's. I sold an APMEX set for $2895 as a BIN and the buyer paid immmediately....shipped coins as rec'd from APMEX and got:

They were great looking encapsulated coins...wanted money back....I said fine...ship the F'in coins back since there was nothing wrong with them....

Great case of extortion in my mind but $2595 saved me the grief of relisting and going through it again......

pucks

Just beware....... >>

Bummer. It seems almost everyone is trying to run some kind of scam these days. Check his listings. Maybe he'll try to flip 'em for $2895
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Well, MTB is still diligently working. I just got notification that a set had shipped and should arrive friday
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    wonder if he pulled that with the other puck he bought....
  • Options
    <<Dillon Gage Update....>>

<<Tuesday, January 25, 2011>>

<<NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    At this point we are unable to accept names or take orders for these coins. If more information becomes available, we will post it on this website. No phone calls, please.>>

<<Thank you for your understanding.>>

How ironic it will be when we all receive coins from A-Mark and Fidelitrade...and companies like Dillon Gage (and others) continuing to restrict supplies actually turns into a positive by artificially keeping prices high. That would be an interesting turn of events!

• Options
    WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

Just got off the phone with them...

They are SHIPPING out the first 1,000 orders THIS WEEK!!!
    They will ship the first 350 tomorrow, next 350 on Thursday, and the rest on Friday.
    They will follow up with the rest next week!

WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Wish the other APs took note!
  • Options

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

They will ship the first 350 tomorrow, next 350 on Thursday, and the rest on Friday.

Wish the other APs took note! >>

GREAT! I'm # 31x
  • Options

<< <i>

Just beware....... >>

Blocked, thanks
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the 2000's. I think they are shipping USPS registered, how long does that usually take?
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Pleasant suprise from A-Mark and I'm in the first 350!
    ahrehep, Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    I'm really having fun with this whole ATB fiasco. Just when you thought things were getting boring, AMark starts shipping a month and a half early. I guess PCGS has been working overtime. Should be fun to share conditions on this A mark bunch.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll get my 2nd set. F-Trade just e-mailed me that my order has been accepted...four weeks for delivery.

FYI-my order arrived on the following Monday, first FedEx batch around 10am.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭

pucks

Just beware....... >>

Thanks, BLOCKED
  • Options
    Looks like A-Mark already shipped some.Oops maybe not he says these are gem bu not choice bu.

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Bullion-PCGS-Gem-BU-/370478604714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56423ee1aa
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

That is good news! Anyone know how they are shipping and where from? I think the are in So Cal
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like A-Mark already shipped some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Bullion-PCGS-Gem-BU-/370478604714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56423ee1aa >>

Not necessarily Some have simply got the FS BU grade and left it at that. No where does it say Amark. Not even sure this early ship thing by Amark is true yet but great news if it is! These are Gem BU , Amarks are Choice BU I think
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like A-Mark already shipped some.Oops maybe not he says these are gem bu not choice bu.

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Bullion-PCGS-Gem-BU-/370478604714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56423ee1aa >>

Description says these are Gem BU - not Choice BU - so probably not A-Mark
  • Options
    What is the difference between Choice and Gem BU?
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yikes, what a long thread! Can somebody please update me on just what the hell we're talking about, now? I think the last time I replied was like some 5000 posts ago. >>

Most of the thread's posters are trying to get set(s) from every AP. Flipping. Alot of mail, email and phone calling BS.
  • Options
    OK, I'll try and answer my own question. Here is what I found on PCGS's Lingo Page. I don't know if you can just put the two definitions together and try and make sense of it or not.

BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED - A generic term applied to any coin that has not been in circulation. It often is applied to coins with little "brilliance" left, which properly should be described as simply Uncirculated.

CHOICE- An adjectival description applied to coin's grade, e.g., choice Uncirculated, choice Very Fine, etc. Used to describe an especially attractive example of a particular grade.

GEM - Adjectival description applied to Mint State and Proof-65 coins. It also is used for higher grades and as a generic term for a superb coin.

• Options

<< <i>

pucks

Just beware....... >>

Thanks, BLOCKED >>

Sounds like an A+ individual. gurallah, you are BLOCKED.

I think I would have insisted on him returning them. Extortionists don't deserve to win.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    blocked
  • Options

<< <i>Yikes, what a long thread! Can somebody please update me on just what the hell we're talking about, now? I think the last time I replied was like some 5000 posts ago. >>

Most of the excitement here has been over the release of the 5 oz. rounds from Fidelitrade and AMark.

Also, lots of speculation regarding the price of these on ebay with the ~6000 sets coming out from the two above companies. There is speculation that most of these are being bought by flippers. Ms. put it most succinctly: We know they're going down, we just don't know how fast and by how much."

There's also been some discussion on the grades these have been receiving. High grades are going for big bucks.

• Options
    Blocked
    "When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options

blocked.........thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

Terrific, I'm in #5X &

I Blocked the Dirtbag & You should start a new thread to update others...

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

15**, so mid next week? Guess I can sell mine as a honest pre-sale on eBay now image

If we re-submit these to an actual grade, did anyone figure out what the cost would be - with the First Strike label?
  • Options
    I'm thinking I may actually look at my set first, determine the grades, and weigh all options, before selling the farm for a Dollar fiftyimage
  • Options
    can anyone post the census reports on these yet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file