Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    I have to agree with those who say it's not going to look good in 4 weeks.... So far just a few sets have oozed out of various channels. But it really looks like there is a good chance that FTrade and AMark will be releasing most--if not all of their stock--around the same time period. And there are lots of flippers. A few saying they're going to send theirs for grading, but LOTS of flippers.

And ebay is a dog eat dog world. I can see people continuing to flip even as prices are bottoming out in the low $1000s. And flippers don't like to sit on stuff for the long term.

It could mean getting these on the cheap without dealing with APs.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what is a good presale price to list this at on ebay? $1999? >>

$2200 if from the Amark sale.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>

$2200 if from the Amark sale. >>

You should definitely charge more for AMark coins. The PCGS slabs mean that the coins were handled by professional graders at at least one stage in the process, and that they weren't handled directly by the ebay seller.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    A PCGS BU set sold for $2225 today.

ATB set
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A PCGS BU set sold for $2225 today.

ATB set >>

1000th Post!

But all these amark presales are looking at 4-6 week delivery times. If these were in-hand they would be worth more.

I don't see these falling far below 2000 at any time in the near future. Dealers will be picking them up if they do. Then, when the big supply runs out, the dealers will drive the market much higher.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a friend who missed the initial offering at Amark, but registered and WAS 1 of the first 250. He got an email stating that, however, he just got an email saying that he was not of the first 250 and that he would be entered in a lottery for 50 sets. Did any who was of of the first 250 get this same message?
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    Hmmm - i wonder if those 250 sets just became 225 or lower?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

sell them as singles >>

How much are PCGS BU singles going for? Wont the fees end up getting the same amount as selling a 5 coin set? >>

Look at some completed listings.....for awhile there selling individually was demanding high enough premiums to more than make up for the extra ebay fees on auctions. I don't know about BIN.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

sell them as singles >>

How much are PCGS BU singles going for? Wont the fees end up getting the same amount as selling a 5 coin set? >>

Are you thinking about BIN or auction? >>

Either way.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    My son was successful at buying a set from a-mark. He didn't sign up for the list. But, he also received the email that he was NOT one of the 250. Go figure.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeze, away from the computer for 24 hours and the ER PLs arrive out of nowhere to (IMHO) be the clear kings, the set presales are sub-$2K and heading down, the singles are up from last Sunday, and it looks like I'd better sell the PCGS 69s while the gettin's good and hope for an ER PL set. What a roller-coaster....
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    this auction is for NGC gem uncirc. just like the PCGS coins from AMARK and are over 3k... am i missing something? ebay
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>this auction is for NGC gem uncirc. just like the PCGS coins from AMARK and are over 3k... am i missing something? ebay >>

In hand are going for more than presales. The reason many people are preselling is due to fear of pricing dropping when hundreds of sets hit ebay at once.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    Money for nothing and the chicks for free.
  • Options

<< <i>Money for nothing and the chicks for free. >>

great song but your hatred is showing.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>Geeze, away from the computer for 24 hours and the ER PLs arrive out of nowhere to (IMHO) be the clear kings, the set presales are sub-$2K and heading down, the singles are up from last Sunday, and it looks like I'd better sell the PCGS 69s while the gettin's good and hope for an ER PL set. What a roller-coaster.... >>

Roller coaster weekend for sure, with the surfacing of the NGC 69PLs (I still think PCGS 69 will end up being the champions though) roller coaster prices, AMark updates, and that Fidelitrade update that nobody noticed until a day later...

Love em or hate em, this has been some great drama.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a friend who missed the initial offering at Amark, but registered and WAS 1 of the first 250. He got an email stating that, however, he just got an email saying that he was not of the first 250 and that he would be entered in a lottery for 50 sets. Did any who was of of the first 250 get this same message? >>

No I am still good and waiting for my email Monday with instructions. Anit over till the fat later sings.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    6666 was pure evil
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In hand are going for more than presales. The reason many people are preselling is due to fear of pricing dropping when hundreds of sets hit ebay at once. >>

Yeah, thats the way I see it. The ATB raw bullion set price is going to come under alot of pressure in the coming weeks. I'm pre-selling MTB + Fidelitrade, keep the Amark and have $1000 beer money left over.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In hand are going for more than presales. The reason many people are preselling is due to fear of pricing dropping when hundreds of sets hit ebay at once. >>

Yeah, thats the way I see it. The ATB raw bullion set price is going to come under alot of pressure in the coming weeks. I'm pre-selling MTB + Fidelitrade, keep the Amark and have $1000 beer money left over. >>

Do you actually have any sets in hand? I hope somehow it's not one per household but has anyone actually sets from more then one AP?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    No, not in hand, I have confirmed orders, cashed checks and money transferred from paypal.

It's one set per HH per AP. There are other posters who have received a set from Ampex and MTB for example.

You can buy one set per AP. Each AP can only sell you one set.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you actually have any sets in hand? I hope somehow it's not one per household but has anyone actually sets from more then one AP? >>

I've received one set from MTB and have confirmation that the coins from Fidelitrade will ship and my check has cleared. I sold one MTB set and had planned to keep the Fidelitrade set; however, because of discussion of potential falling prices on this forum last week I decided to presell the Fidelitrade set. A few weeks ago Coins Antiques gave us a taste of what would happen when lots of sets go on sale (prices dropped quickly).

I will also have a set from A-Mark, but I plan on keeping this set and aquiring more A-Mark sets if the price does go down on EBay once they are distributed.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The A-Mark quick sell out story is on p4 of today's online CW issue.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The A-Mark quick sell out story is on p4 of today's online CW issue. >>

Do they list total number sold?
  • Options
    Still Available:
    1. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
    2. Dillon Gage
    3. Coins N Things
    4. APMEX
    5. A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc (round 1 is over, sign up for round 2)
    6. FideliTrade- 800-223-1080 (Plenty Available?)

Sold Out or likely Sold Out:
    7. Prudential- 212-778-4654 (potential for more to be available)
    8. MTB Coins - 800-535-7481 (likely sold out)
    9. The Gold Center- Sold Out

• Options

<< <i>Still Available:
    1. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
    2. Dillon Gage
    3. Coins N Things
    4. APMEX

6. Prudential- 212-778-4654 (potential for more to be available)
    7. MTB Coins - 800-535-7481 (likely sold out)
    8. FideliTrade- 800-223-1080 (likely sold out)
    9. The Gold Center- Sold Out >>

None of the above are currently are offering them for sale.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    After hearing nothing from Fidelitrade about my order I called them this morning. Initially the woman I spoke with couldn't find my order. She checked again using my 1st name and found my order but my last name was spelled incorrectly. She fixed it and also added my email address to the order.

When I asked if that meant I was getting an order she said yes... they had "PLENTY" of sets left. I wonder how many is Plenty?????
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I hope it is enough they accept the order that I express mailed them Saturday .
  • Options
    I suspect that they'll close sales down later today or tomorrow for the remaining FTrade sets. I think a lot of folks missed the boat on Friday, a few got 'em out Saturday and there will be a big slug of them being mailed today.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So here's a strange thing. My A-Mark order is completed in PayPal. The charge just showed up on my credit card for only $903.86, not the full $973.33. I didn't have any cash in my PayPal account, so I wonder whats up?

Thoughts?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Still Available:
    1. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
    2. Dillon Gage
    3. Coins N Things
    4. APMEX

6. Prudential- 212-778-4654 (potential for more to be available)
    7. MTB Coins - 800-535-7481 (likely sold out)
    8. FideliTrade- 800-223-1080 (likely sold out)

None of the above are currently are offering them for sale. >>

I'd put Prudential up with APMEX. They seem to have sold about 500 sets and have yet to be heard from. So like APMEX, what are they doing with the other 3000 sets.

• Options

<< <i>So here's a strange thing. My A-Mark order is completed in PayPal. The charge just showed up on my credit card for only $903.86, not the full $973.33. I didn't have any cash in my PayPal account, so I wonder whats up?

Thoughts? >>

Does it say "pending" or "posted"?

Sometimes transactions are slightly off in the pending stage. If it goes "posted" and the charge is still wrong, there's a problem.
  • Options
    FYI:

NGC is charging $25 EACH for those oversize holders. Since the pucks wont fit in anything else, you have no option. So its $17 each to submit, PLUS an extra $25 each for the big holders = $210 just to get these graded before shipping charges! image

PCGS is not charging anything extra for the holders. PCGS is charging $14 each for grading, and if you want "First Strike" on the slab its an additional $18 each = $160 before shipping.

But for what its worth, NGC is the only ones giving these Proof Like designation. The deadline for NGC Early Release is 2/14.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankur ... I was just told by the head of PCGS Customer Service that the very cheapest method to submit these coins through the collectors' club is regular line plus $18 for FS or $48/coin ($240/set). No modern or economy submissions are permitted for these.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>FYI:

NGC is charging $25 EACH for those oversize holders. Since the pucks wont fit in anything else, you have no option. So its $17 each to submit, PLUS an extra $25 each for the big holders = $210 just to get these graded before shipping charges! image

PCGS is not charging anything extra for the holders. PCGS is charging $14 each for grading, and if you want "First Strike" on the slab its an additional $18 each = $160 before shipping.

But for what its worth, NGC is the only ones giving these Proof Like designation. The deadline for NGC Early Release is 2/14. >>

I thought PCGS was $30/each plus $18 for FS = $48 x 5 = $240 before shipping

Has to be "regular" not "modern"

Edited to add: 1 min. late on my response I guess

• Options

<< <i>FYI:

But for what its worth, NGC is the only ones giving these Proof Like designation. The deadline for NGC Early Release is 2/14. >>

NGC early release is 2/14, i thought it was 1/21.

So I guess the NGC early will be better then the PCGS first strike since PCGS doesn't have a cut off date.

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I thought NGC Early Release ended last Friday?

Edit: That is good to know, now maybe have a chance if FideliTrade gets some coins out tomorrow, since they said they only ship on Tuesday.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Chinese are selling knockoffs of these on the streets of Los Angeles yet???

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I thought NGC's cutoff was 1/21 as well. Did they extend? Perhaps they've been pressured by the fact PCGS doesn't have a cutoff.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if the Chinese are selling knockoffs of these on the streets of Los Angeles yet???

image >>

I don't know, but at this point, I think I would just like to Yawn... image
  • Options
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if the Chinese are selling knockoffs of these on the streets of Los Angeles yet???

image >>

Prices for those unopened boxes from the AP's will soar ! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Just spoke to Fedelitrade. It's up to 4 Weeks before any are sentbout. As of right now, none of these have been sent out.

No brainer to go with NGC if it's the same price as PCGS. NGC has a shorter turnaround time.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Geeze, away from the computer for 24 hours and the ER PLs arrive out of nowhere to (IMHO) be the clear kings, the set presales are sub-$2K and heading down, the singles are up from last Sunday, and it looks like I'd better sell the PCGS 69s while the gettin's good and hope for an ER PL set. What a roller-coaster.... >>

Roller coaster weekend for sure, with the surfacing of the NGC 69PLs (I still think PCGS 69 will end up being the champions though) roller coaster prices, AMark updates, and that Fidelitrade update that nobody noticed until a day later...

Love em or hate em, this has been some great drama. >>

PF-

I'm very interested in your comment regarding the PLs vs the PCGS 69s. My goal has been to complete a set of PCGS 69s to keep.
    Then the PLs came along. I was basing my contention that the PLs would be king based on the UHRs. The NGC 70PLs - not to mention the 70PL ERs - are far and away the kings, even over the PCGS FS AND in the case of the UHRs the FS window was limited.
    Given the UHR situation, why do you feel that the PCGS 69s will rule?
    Also, does anyone know what the pops are for the NGC PLs (i.e, what percentage are getting PL)?

Thanks, R-
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah, thats the way I see it. The ATB raw bullion set price is going to come under alot of pressure in the coming weeks. I'm pre-selling MTB + Fidelitrade, keep the Amark and have $1000 beer money left over. >>

Do you actually have any sets in hand? I hope somehow it's not one per household but has anyone actually sets from more then one AP? >>

I have APMEX and MTB in hand (actually at PCGS and NGC).
  • Options

<< <i>Still Available:
    1. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
    2. Dillon Gage
    3. Coins N Things
    4. APMEX
    6. FideliTrade- 800-223-1080 (Plenty Available?)

7. Prudential- 212-778-4654 (potential for more to be available)
    8. MTB Coins - 800-535-7481 (likely sold out)

It would seem that Prudential sold about 10 sets to callers. Where are the rest??
  • Options

<< <i>So here's a strange thing. My A-Mark order is completed in PayPal. The charge just showed up on my credit card for only $903.86, not the full $973.33. I didn't have any cash in my PayPal account, so I wonder whats up?

Thoughts? >>

Perhaps, like APMEX, they evaluated or someone complained about the S&H fees and determined that they were not in accordance w/Mint policy and are refunding the difference. I think that they are quite reasonable to cover PP and PCGS slabbing.
  • Options

<< <i>Ankur ... I was just told by the head of PCGS Customer Service that the very cheapest method to submit these coins through the collectors' club is regular line plus $18 for FS or $48/coin ($240/set). No modern or economy submissions are permitted for these.

Wondercoin >>

This is correct.

NOTE that NGC pushed the deadline back to Feb. 14 for ER (so I wasted $20+ on Express mail last week :-( Given the shipping dates for A Mark and F Trade I don't think that any will make ER anyway so not sure how much of a difference this will make in the ER pops.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought NGC Early Release ended last Friday?

Edit: That is good to know, now maybe have a chance if FideliTrade gets some coins out tomorrow, since they said they only ship on Tuesday. >>

Yes, but didn't they say 4-6 weeks for shipping?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say there will be a direct comparison,

but PL NGC UHRs tend to command a premium over PCGS UHRs of the same grade.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file