Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    That's right its in a plastic envelope, depending on the amount of tape on the envelope that might be a hard sell later as being unsearched, unlike a box which would seem a little easier to tell if its been tampered with.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    My chief concern is what will happen to the surface of the pucks. I assume plastics and cardboard contain chemicals that could react with the silver.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>My chief concern is what will happen to the surface of the pucks. I assume plastics and cardboard contain chemicals that could react with the silver. >>

yeah the AMARK gem bu slabs are fine for long term storage but we don`t know what fidelitrade is going to do. whoever gets them first i hope they report what they get for packaging.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

A number of years back I had one of my Prestige sets tarnish badly around the rims.
    They look awful. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to these.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>A number of years back I had one of my Prestige sets tarnish badly around the rims.
    They look awful. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to these. >>

NCS would/could take care of that in a heart beat, its the copper corrosion with some proof sets that I would worry about.
  • Not sure if anyone received the following email but I just received this concerning the registration:

Thank you for your interest in the US Mint America the Beautiful Five Ounce silver sets. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of registrations received you were not one of the first 250 registrants. However, because the volume of registrants was so high we are making 50 additional sets available to everyone who registered after the first 250. We are randomly selecting 50 registrants and will notify you on Tuesday 1/25/11 with instructions on how to order your set if you are selected. Additionally, if you are not selected and still have not been able to order a set, please check back Wednesday 1/26/11 for additional availability.

A-Mark Direct

Looks to me like they just may be selling their entitle allocation to the public or at least damn near. As opposed to other APs who only have sold a few hundred
  • Looks like a NGC with the PL designation has now surfaced. Can I say moon money?????

PL Puck
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if anyone received the following email but I just received this concerning the registration:

Thank you for your interest in the US Mint America the Beautiful Five Ounce silver sets. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of registrations received you were not one of the first 250 registrants. However, because the volume of registrants was so high we are making 50 additional sets available to everyone who registered after the first 250. We are randomly selecting 50 registrants and will notify you on Tuesday 1/25/11 with instructions on how to order your set if you are selected. Additionally, if you are not selected and still have not been able to order a set, please check back Wednesday 1/26/11 for additional availability.

A-Mark Direct

I got the same message.

Looks to me like they just may be selling their entitle allocation to the public or at least damn near. As opposed to other APs who only have sold a few hundred >>

• << <i>Looks like a NGC with the PL designation has now surfaced. Can I say moon money?????

PL Puck >>

Wow! I bet it sells by the end of the day.
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan

• << <i>

<< <i>Looks like a NGC with the PL designation has now surfaced. Can I say moon money?????

PL Puck >>

Wow! I bet it sells by the end of the day. >>

it sold already.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    NGC has now added PL.....

this is the step that will blow away their competition----just like the UHR's

PCGS - get serious, start grading with PL in mind for these.....
  • It amazes me that someone that has the smarts to have enough money to pay $3500 for one of these coins is stupid enough to actually buy it.

Generally speaking, people with money like that didn't get it by playing it safe image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>It amazes me that someone that has the smarts to have enough money to pay $3500 for one of these coins is stupid enough to actually buy it. >>

Unless it doubles in a week!! Stupid is is stupid does...FG
  • Someone should dig up the tread on the 2006W 3 piece Silvers Eagle Sets. $8-10K for a sealed box of 10. Anybody put away one of those? Lets relive this thread in a few years. At issue price I think you'll be ok on these (and I have given a mild attempt to get a set) the poors saps paying the big bucks will be like the guys who own the $10K 2006W ASE sets.

Coin vault said thursday they had some PL's mixed in with the MS69 sets that they were selling so that is probably where these came from.

Those MTB raw pucks are still commanding a premium. Here's 3 recent sales:

MTB raw

The guy took good photos. Made them to appear PL.

~ Vince Lombardi

The only way I will own these coins is if I can finally get some at issue price. I wont pay that kind of money for 5 ounces of silver when silver

is under $30 an ounce.

Hope your FTrade set comes through image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there still many of you out there who got their original Fidelitrade order in on the first day (FedEx, UPS or Express Mail) who have not yet received the "Fidelitrade Receipt of Correspondence" email??? I haven't gotten it yet. I called last week and the woman I talked to said I was in the system, confirmed my email addy, and said I should receive an email late last week, but I haven't received anything yet. I'm assuming that Fidelitrade has made an initial pass through the pile since they are opening things up again. Is there anybody else in the same boat as me??? image

As long as you're "in the system" and didn't try to order multiple sets, you should be fine. They're swamped over there.

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>Hope your FTrade set comes through image >>

Thank you, I have my fingers crossed. I did all I could do yesterday to try for them.image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As long as you're "in the system" and didn't try to order multiple sets, you should be fine. They're swamped over there. >>

I agree they have to be swamped with taking 3000 orders thru the mail, them and prudential my bet is they have sets left. Amark has made it so easy thats why 3000 people got thru. I also found out today that dillion gage is connected to Prudential as far as that place where they store the coins, and i sure hope dillion doesn't go the same route. Plus the fact that more people are jumping on the bandwagon thats why amarks went so fast. should be a fun next couple weeks to see WHO"S NEXT image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

When grandmothers in Wisconsin start to order these, I get flashbacks to the dotcom and RE booms! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When grandmothers in Wisconsin start to order these, I get flashbacks to the dotcom and RE booms! image

You don't think that grandmothers in Wisconsin are saavy enough to want a set?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Sure grandmothers can be savvy. But I was referring to the ones that had no idea what they were buying. Obviously it's not limited just to grandmothers. Judging by some of the ebay listings I've seen, quite a few are fairly new to the coin world. Reminds me of when you could buy any stock or house & double your money in a few months, kinda like these sets. Didn't want to use the "B" word. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>Hope your FTrade set comes through image >>

Just checked with usps and it is on the way. They should have it Monday morning at Fidelitrade.
  • Presales for FTrade/AMark now diving below $2k....

I'm still curious as to how many of the first presellers (prior to USM guidelines of 1 per HH) were actually able to fulfill their orders.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Good luck I'll post when my priority mail gets there.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Presales for FTrade/AMark now diving below $2k....

I'm still curious as to how many of the first presellers (prior to USM guidelines of 1 per HH) were actually able to fulfill their orders. >>

The bloodbath has not yet started! I see $1200, maybe less in the coming weeks as several thousand hit eBay.
    That's ok, I am getting these to hold not sell right away. There is $700 in silver as they stand right now. Not much down side to them.

<< <i>

I'm still curious as to how many of the first presellers (prior to USM guidelines of 1 per HH) were actually able to fulfill their orders. >>

The bloodbath has not yet started! I see $1200, maybe less in the coming weeks as several thousand hit eBay. >>

A Box In Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush image As Far as several thousand of these hitting ebay i really don't see that many but time will tell,I mean you are buying at least 1 set to keep right? image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>

The bloodbath has not yet started! I see $1200, maybe less in the coming weeks as several thousand hit eBay. >>

I have my doubts they'll touch $1200. If they crash to anywhere near that level there will be so many trying to buy them up, prices would rebound. I'm guessing $1500 as a bottom. Anything below that and the buying pressure will be so intense, it would buoy them back up.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

Don't forget there are only 33000 of these and 27000 that the mint is putting out sometime this spring. This will be the lowest mintage of

them all. I am not at all concerned about owning what ever I can get my hands on.
  • I see these going all the way down to face value. I wouldn't pay any more than $1.25 for the set.

<< <i>I see these going all the way down to face value. I wouldn't pay any more than $1.25 for the set. >>

All the comedians out of work and we get you!

• << <i>

<< <i>I see these going all the way down to face value. I wouldn't pay any more than $1.25 for the set. >>

All the comedians out of work and we get you! >>

And to think, I've only got 40 posts....I'm just getting started. LOL.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I am looking forward to putting together an "Everymans" set of theseimage------------------------BigE

Edited to add:Nevermind, they wont fit in my rock tumblerimage
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    So what is a good presale price to list this at on ebay? $1999?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • i`m waiting for a dansco album. wonder if they`ll get all five on one page?!?!?!
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting to hear from FT also.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what is a good presale price to list this at on ebay? $1999? >>

sell them as singles
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

sell them as singles >>

image But Get them Graded First image NOT MINE ....................Single better than box?lol

Link to My Registry Set.

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

sell them as singles >>

How much are PCGS BU singles going for? Wont the fees end up getting the same amount as selling a 5 coin set?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • have my doubts they'll touch $1200. If they crash to anywhere near that level there will be so many trying to buy them up, prices would rebound. I'm guessing $1500 as a bottom. Anything below that and the buying pressure will be so intense, it would buoy them back up.

Bet your not a buyer at $1500
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

As someone wrote earlier, ebay is a dog eat dog world.

• << <i> have my doubts they'll touch $1200. If they crash to anywhere near that level there will be so many trying to buy them up, prices would rebound. I'm guessing $1500 as a bottom. Anything below that and the buying pressure will be so intense, it would buoy them back up.

Bet your not a buyer at $1500 >>

Remember, APMEX had no problems selling 1000 sets at $1395. Some on here ordered sets at that price.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    when those amark sets and fidelitrade sets are in hand,

watch out.

ebay will be loaded with them.
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully these F Trade, and A mark sets will be loaded with high grade, and error coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file