Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    There is NO WAY pcgs can grade one of these a 70. I've sent in perfect coins, under 10x, that I still can't find a problem with, that pcgs gave me a 69 on.

To say one of these is so perfect with not a single mark under 10x, impossible.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my acceptance notice from Fidelitrade! My check/order was in the USPS Express batch rec'd the next day and signed for at 2:20 pm. Please note I also sent them a member/customer application that they rec'd the same day coincidently. So I was a customer previous to my order being accepted, allbeit just for a few hours. Wanted all my bases covered prior to this fiasco. Here's what I got this afternoon:

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated >>

Is this your first email ?

Maybe they are skipping the we got your form email and are just going to the you have a real order email.

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I've sent in perfect coins, under 10x, that I still can't find a problem with, that pcgs gave me a 69 on. >>

PCGS also grades the reeded edge of the coin when grading for MS/PR70.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I'm certainly no expert, but I thought a 69 was not supposed have this many hits.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    $3800 for one coin? Did the buyer think it was a set - or have people lost their minds?
  • Options

<< <i>$3800 for one coin? Did the buyer think it was a set - or have people lost their minds? >>

• Options

<< <i>$3800 for one coin? Did the buyer think it was a set - or have people lost their minds? >>

no. in this timeframe pcgs ms70 would pull 4-6k. 69`s will pull this price. some will want to assemble 69 and 70 sets. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Double die pucks!!
    http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=17345 >>

Repost: Not a double die image >>

My Grand Canyon has the same double look. I believe mine is even more doubled.
    It doesn't add anything to the value though, huh?
    John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options

I didn't think sellers could charge for insurance anymore.
    How does the seller know only 2 in 69? I can't any in the pop report.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I didn't think sellers could charge for insurance anymore. >>

You cannot have it as an after-auction add-on, but can include it in the S&H.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

Actually quite normal...Once you've been here longer you'll get used to it...Also, I expect the Yosemites "could" be rare in PCGS 69 as on many of them GW has a consistent spot/hit on the cheek.
  • Options

<< <i>There is NO WAY pcgs can grade one of these a 70. >>

I agree. A 70 would be a million to one shot with pieces such as these. 69 should be very, very scarce. 67 would seem typical for these very atypical moderns.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    my father-in-law just got notice from a-mark that he was one of the lucky 250 that will get to order a set on Tuesday.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hear AMARK will alert second chance sale recipients by email on Monday

Then they can proceed to buy their set

I'm locked and loaded ( opp's I cant say that anymore) and ready to go. >>

If that condition persists for more than four hours, call a physician.

Seriously, given a second chance by AMark, the BU thing may be a factor for some.

Will there be a secondary market for options on AMark's second chance offers?
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

take a look at his other auctions, where he has two other MS69's listed at $9,000. per.

bwahhhaaaa
  • Options
    I really hope when this is all over I can give AMark a high-five. So far they seem to be assuaging my initial fears.

1. The numbers after these sales look like they have a good chance of adding up. This means a wide and fair sale. If there are preferred customers, they'll be the vast minority.
    2. AMark has had relatively good communication. No bull like "NO CALLS" and "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!"
    3. PCGS slabs, FS.
    4. Online sale. No FedEx/UPS silliness.
    5. They could have held a sale quicker, but they were not set up for retail. I guess I'm neutral with this.

The coins have yet to show up, but I'm feeling good. I hope that my only complaint at the end is that I can't buy retail from them. When I write my letter to the Mint, I hope to be able to give AMark a special spot. If the others are listening, learn from AMark.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

How does the seller know only 2 in 69? I can't any in the pop report. >>

If you have a PCGS CoinFacts account, you can get the current pop there by plugging in the number. Yosemite is 505102, and there have only been 2 graded MS69. I could have sworn there were more last time I checked, but that's what it currently says. There seem to be fewer Yosemite's graded compared to the others, but it's still the lowest MS69 percentage by far. Others range 7-13.
  • Options

<< <i>If you have a PCGS CoinFacts account, you can get the current pop there by plugging in the number. >>

I won't risk getting in trouble here (image) but will say the current average grade is 68 with no 70s of course.
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    I can't believe this thread still has legs image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got my acceptance notice from Fidelitrade! My check/order was in the USPS Express batch rec'd the next day and signed for at 2:20 pm. Please note I also sent them a member/customer application that they rec'd the same day coincidently. So I was a customer previous to my order being accepted, allbeit just for a few hours. Wanted all my bases covered prior to this fiasco. Here's what I got this afternoon:

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated >>

Is this your first email ?

Maybe they are skipping the we got your form email and are just going to the you have a real order email. >>

No. This was my second email. I got the "--Receipt of Correspondence--" email first.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my father-in-law just got notice from a-mark that he was one of the lucky 250 that will get to order a set on Tuesday. >>

I know one individual who is waiting for one of thosde emails, put their name on the list as soon as it appeared.

Did they get the email late Friday night or earlier in the day? I wonder if they are done sending out all 250 emails yet?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have not received one yet and I had my name in there early. ( I think)
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    right around 3pm the quantities were exhausted.

apparently the page read "please sign up if we get additional quantities in the future" or something like that

then a line was added "250 sets for sale next tuesday 1/25 to the first 250 on the list"

you would think they would load up an email with 250 names on the "to" list and let it fly.....

but apparently on this forum two individuals rec'd these emails at different times? can anyone elaborate?

i know one individual that put their name in around 3:05 or so......i told him to put his name in for a set - you never know......

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Fidelitrade check has been cashed (have also rec'd order confirmation e-mail) I was in the 10:44 AM UPS Delivery.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My Fidelitrade check has been cashed (have also rec'd order confirmation e-mail) I was in the 10:44 AM UPS Delivery. >>

Same here, my check was deposited by Ftrade 1/20, same day as order acceptance email and $929.20 removed from my acct @ close of business 1/21. I was a USPS 220 pm cheapskate! image
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>I have not received one yet and I had my name in there early. ( I think) >>

Pitboss - what time did you register?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Is anyone else in limbo about Fidelitrade that had a 10:30 FedEx shipment?
    No response to emails I sent inquiring. No email confirmation from them. No check cashed.
    The only thing I have is a FedEx confirmation of delivery and a bad feeling I'm gonna get skunked on this one.
  • Options

Have you tried calling them?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Have you tried calling them? >>

Yeah, I got a drone who did not give anything useful as far as answers go.
    She said "they'll contact you." She wouldn't even take my name and look it
    up to see if there was an account set up. Sounded like she was in a boiler room.
    I could hear several other "operators" on other phones.
  • Options

Well it is odd that everyone in that shipment received a confirmation except you. Not much you can do about it I guess. A similar thing happened to me with MTB - they never emailed me the paperwork after I called. But then the day after the A-Mark sale they called & offered me a set. Said they were too busy before. I assume you checked your junk mail folder. That's where I found my notification.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have not received one yet and I had my name in there early. ( I think) >>

Pitboss - what time did you register?[/

I'm not sure, it had to have been around 5 PM Mtn time or 3 PM Eastern.

Are these the only 2 that have received confirmations so far?

That seems a little odd to me. Why only 2?

I never check my junk mail, I just dump it. Maybe I had better stop doing that!
  • Options

Yeh, you might want to check it before you dump it. Lots of the first emails I get usually end up there. I check it every day.
    As far as registering goes, I think someone said the registration screen went up around 12:10 PST.
    You'd probably need to have gotten on the list fairly soon after that.
    I remember you had trouble with your screen not changing from the flag.
    What type of internet connection do you have?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

I have comcast cable and use Safari, Foxfire, and internet explorer. I have a Mac and a pc. The only reason I was able to get on the site was because a buddy sent me a direct link to their site.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Have you tried calling them? >>

Yeah, I got a drone who did not give anything useful as far as answers go.
    She said "they'll contact you." She wouldn't even take my name and look it
    up to see if there was an account set up. Sounded like she was in a boiler room.
    I could hear several other "operators" on other phones. >>

I'm in a similar boat. Have not yet received an "order acceptance" and they have not cashed my check. I called yesterday and actually got to speak with a nice woman who quickly pulled up my info. She said my order was still in the compliance department. When I asked if there was a way to determine where I was in the queue, she said no, but then assured me that I should have no problem receiving a set. I guess that makes me feel a little better...
  • Options

<< <i>I have comcast cable and use Safari, Foxfire, and internet explorer. I have a Mac and a pc. The only reason I was able to get on the site was because a buddy sent me a direct link to their site. >>

Jeez - with all that firepower, this should have been a cakewalk for you!
    You might want to find out what the problem was before the mint's offering.
    As far as A-Mark goes, just register again next Wed. for another shot.
    And don't forget to check your junk mail on Monday. You might have tossed
    their email out when you deleted your junk mail!
    BTW, 3:00 EST = 12:00 PST.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

I wish I knew what time they are going to put that notice up. You can be sure I will be watching for it. I have learned a lot this week.
  • Options

We all have! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    There's quite a lot of room for user error on FTrade's end with all of those papers. I can see see them entering a slightly wrong email addy or phone number into their database.
  • Options
    I registered for my father-in-law right after they quit taking orders and the registration page said "the first 250..."
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    so did you get notification or not?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I have 2 friends in the 10:30 fedex batch. 1 is good to go the other has heard nothing.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a re-post. Any info would be most appreciated!!

For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>This is a re-post. Any info would be most appreciated!!

For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

Raufus, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about the intricacies of the Windows environment, but I dug this up.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/385367/what-requests-do-browsers-f5-and-ctrl-f5-refreshes-generate

In short, it looks like F5 will do a page refresh, while a CTRL-F5 will force a refresh from the server, not from your cache. That's useful. And quicker than finding "empty cache" in the menus.
  • Options

<< <i>

How does the seller know only 2 in 69? I can't any in the pop report. >>

Sorry if this has been answered...at the time of the ad's posting (and maybe still) I checked the pops and there were two. However, the entire pops when I first noticed this ad and checked were for about 15 or so coins. Yet, at the same time there were two of these in 69 on Ebay and I (and others) have one as well. They are way behind on updating the pops.

Just as was the case with the $4K "sealed set" the ad is not false but misleading. It is very clear that the text of the ads when pushed to the limit of not false but misleading can bring big bucks. It's amazing how buyers will pay moon money for a coin with such and ad while the same coin/set goes unsold with a much smaller min. bid.

If the 69s are going to bring that kind of money mine are going on Ebay. I want to assemble and keep a PCGS 69 set but not that bad!!

On another, totally unrelated note, it's clear that A Mark is not cherry-picking and is selling all (or at least the vast majority) per the AP agreement. Bravo for them!!
  • Options

<< <i>my father-in-law just got notice from a-mark that he was one of the lucky 250 that will get to order a set on Tuesday. >>

Same w/my brother last night. He got on the list at 3:06.

It will be interesting to see what his order number is on Tues. I'll let you all know.
  • Options

<< <i>so did you get notification or not? >>

Yes, yesterday about 6 pm central
  • Options
    alhasalhas Posts: 85 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

Raufus, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about the intricacies of the Windows environment, but I dug this up.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/385367/what-requests-do-browsers-f5-and-ctrl-f5-refreshes-generate

In short, it looks like F5 will do a page refresh, while a CTRL-F5 will force a refresh from the server, not from your cache. That's useful. And quicker than finding "empty cache" in the menus. >>

Sorry, I still do not know, and confused, as to which one did the trick: F5, CTRL-F5, or Shift-F5?
  • Options
    I just checked the PCGS pops.

The following is: the coin, the # of 69s and the total graded

505103 GC 10/20
    505101 YS 7/20
    505100 HS 13/23
    505104 MH 7/17
    505102 Yos. 2/13

Very early in the game. Perhaps the Yos. will be very tough in 69. Likely too early to tell. I guess that I lucked out with my Yos. in PCGS 69FS. I might put it on ebay as much as I want a 69 set. Nearly 4K is a lot to pass up it that's really what they will bring now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

In short, it looks like F5 will do a page refresh, while a CTRL-F5 will force a refresh from the server, not from your cache. That's useful. And quicker than finding "empty cache" in the menus. >>

Sorry, I still do not know, and confused, as to which one did the trick: F5, CTRL-F5, or Shift-F5? >>

I think it depends on what browser you're using. Which is probably why all of the confusion resulted. Probably CTRL-F5 is your best bet. In fact, you should be able to test it....you just need to find a page that's actively changing, and try F5, CTRL-F5, and probably SHIFT-F5, to see which load from the cache and which force a server refresh.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is a re-post. Any info would be most appreciated!!

For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

PF-

Thanks so much for the info!!

What is the difference between a page refresh and a server refresh? Which would be most useful for an A Mark type situation or a US Mint situation when the P pucks come out? I think it was the F5 that finally got me out of the A Mark flag page and onto the order link.

Again, thanks so much for the tech help!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file