Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    Thought they were proofs...sorry for the confusion. I still don't think the bullion issues will be seeing $2K+ when the mint versions are released.

6350th post. Do I win anything?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I wish the Mint would go to a lottery system for those. Otherwise, it's going to be a real zoo.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I wish the Mint would go to a lottery system for those. Otherwise, it's going to be a real zoo. >>

But at least with the Mint sale, we'll all be pushing on the page refresh button on our PCs AND hitting the redial button on our phones!!!

Big fun that day!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<I wish the Mint would go to a lottery system for those. Otherwise, it's going to be a real zoo. >>

But at least with the Mint sale, we'll all be pushing on the page refresh button on our PCs AND hitting the redial button on our phones!!!

Big fun that day! >>

demon dialers piece of cake should be fun. As far as who is selling out the back door, anyone watching the bay would realize once a dealer sells the box is on the bay, there have been no boxes for ampex or dillion gage the one listed i thought the picture was of Miles set. No boxes showing up no sales.....image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the mint is just making more widgets. I am ashamed to be an at times slavish collector. But really, I am not sure if there will be much collector (as opposed to "flipper") interest in either.

And now here comes the palladium eagle.....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Keep your eye's open for the proof versions from the mint >>

Uhhhh, just so nobody gets confused, they are not going to be proof versions. They will be "blasted" versions of the Uncs and struck from the same dies. The finish is supposed to be similar to the Medals that are issued by the mint. >>

along with a 'P' mint mark on the uncirculated version. That has me wondering, if this Unc. set will grade PF or MS (MS likely?) I do know higher grades should be much easier, obviously.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Keep your eye's open for the proof versions from the mint >>

Uhhhh, just so nobody gets confused, they are not going to be proof versions. They will be "blasted" versions of the Uncs and struck from the same dies. The finish is supposed to be similar to the Medals that are issued by the mint. >>

along with a 'P' mint mark on the uncirculated version. That has me wondering, if this Unc. set will grade PF or MS (MS likely?) I do know higher grades should be much easier, obviously. >>

It could be PL or SP.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FideliTrade update....

They Deposited My Check... >>

good sign.....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Ya, this is kinda of BS. I mine on a credit card, then sold some silver and had my entire cash payment taken and credit card wasn't used.
    Not sure what to do?

Pay Pal offers an option for you before you send payment. If you don't take that option it will take your money out to where ever you set up your default in your profile. e.g. Bank account, Paypal, or credit card.
  • Options

Does anyone know if they still make phones with "auto redial"? My first cell phone was a big clunky thing from Qualcomm that had a feature that would continuously redial a number until it got through. Only had to press redial once. Great phone!

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    So have any of the bullion version been certified by NGC as Proof Like yet. Or are they all Proof Like.
  • Options
    << << But at least with the Mint sale, we'll all be pushing on the page refresh button on our PCs AND hitting the redial button on our phones!!!

Big fun that day! >>

I'm multi-task challenged image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    <<I'm multi-task challenged>>

My assistant will look into my office and think I'm having a seizure or something!
  • Options

Apparently my cell phone has an auto dial feature that I wasn't aware of. I had to go into the menu, sub menu & sub sub menus to activate it! The Prudential offering would have been a cakewalk with that! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently my cell phone has an auto dial feature that I wasn't aware of. I had to go into the menu, sub menu & sub sub menus to activate it! The Prudential offering would have been a cakewalk with that! image >>

I'm heading to the sprint store to get a new phone...
  • Options

This one is a 2 year old Samsung that has so many features it came with a book! (Which of course I never read). All I wanted to do with it was talk. Apparently it does lots of other things too.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MTB Unopened Set

These unopened sets are still commanding good premiums.
  • Options

Did you read the listing? He quoted from this forum. Very misleading!I feel sorry for the poor soul that bought it.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Did you read the listing? He quoted from this forum. Very misleading!I feel sorry for the poor soul that bought it. >>

Not to sound big-headed, but I think there are a lot of folks watching this thread....everybody's linking here.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

I know image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently APMEX has indicated there will not be any more sets offered publicly; that their remaining inventory will be sold only to those on their wait (Alert Me) list. DG seems to be quietly selling to "Best Customers" only. CNT says 2nd Quarter, JHCB says "Get lost!", and who knows what Prudential is up to! >>

I think you're right. I think I might try calling Prudential today just for the hell of it.

I'm still trying to determine if the Mint will step in or not. They'll need some actual real evidence to actually do anything, and that will take some audits. It remains to be seen if they really have the manpower/will to do that. I think to be fair they'd have to audit more than just the obvious--TGC. Personally, I'd like to see the USM call the bluff and knock on some doors. They're going to look like powerless sissies otherwise.

But they very well may take the easy route and just forget about the whole matter and take strides to make sure the situation doesn't present itself again.
  • Options

At the moment, they are a ship without a captain. And I doubt the new one will want to take on the AP's as his/her first order of biz.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Apparently APMEX has indicated there will not be any more sets offered publicly; that their remaining inventory will be sold only to those on their wait (Alert Me) list. DG seems to be quietly selling to "Best Customers" only. CNT says 2nd Quarter, JHCB says "Get lost!", and who knows what Prudential is up to! >>

I think you're right. I think I might try calling Prudential today just for the hell of it.

I'm still trying to determine if the Mint will step in or not. They'll need some actual real evidence to actually do anything, and that will take some audits. It remains to be seen if they really have the manpower/will to do that. I think to be fair they'd have to audit more than just the obvious--TGC. Personally, I'd like to see the USM call the bluff and knock on some doors. They're going to look like powerless sissies otherwise.

But they very well may take the easy route and just forget about the whole matter and take strides to make sure the situation doesn't present itself again. >>

I think it is safe to say that the Mint has caved in utterly.
    MOO
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>Thought they were proofs...sorry for the confusion. I still don't think the bullion issues will be seeing $2K+ when the mint versions are released.

6350th post. Do I win anything? >>

Personally, I feel like the bullion pieces in high grades will be rare. I don't expect the values to be holding at the $5k level they are now but I don't think $2k+ is out of the question.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>MTB Unopened Set

These unopened sets are still commanding good premiums. >>

A couple since then have been around $2600.

Did you all notice the PCGS "BU" set which went for raw set money? Was this because of the 6 week wait or because they will not bring any premium over raw??
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you read the listing? He quoted from this forum. Very misleading!I feel sorry for the poor soul that bought it. >>

Not to sound big-headed, but I think there are a lot of folks watching this thread....everybody's linking here. >>

My fellow pucksters, we are "highly regarded." :-)
  • Options

<< <i>At the moment, they are a ship without a captain. And I doubt the new one will want to take on the AP's as his/her first order of biz. >>

Yes, but they still have the ATB program director. He and the legal office should take action. Good Lord, the info on TGC has been spoon fed to them!
  • Options
    I never would have guessed that at this stage in the game, "IN HAND" would still be important to put in the ebay posts. And that stock images would still be so prevalent.

This has been one hell of a ride.
  • Options
    <<MTB Unopened Set>>

<<These unopened sets are still commanding good premiums. >>

I'm assuming we're not thinking that any one AP had a better quality stash than any other, are we?

That eBay description was BS.
  • Options
    Can you imagine if a 70 pops up sometime? The speculative play would go through the roof, along with the raw prices.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

Yes, but they still have the ATB program director. He and the legal office should take action. Good Lord, the info on TGC has been spoon fed to them! >>

Raufus, you haven't had much experience with bureaucrats, have you? image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i><<MTB Unopened Set>>

I'm assuming we're not thinking that any one AP had a better quality stash than any other, are we?

That eBay description was BS. >>

I was doing a bit of traveling when the MTB sets were released. There was no indication how many they sold, right? I guess if folks think that they didn't cherrypick, I can see those going for a premium.

• Options

They called me Wednesday to ask if I was still interested in a set. Said delivery would be in 6-8 weeks though.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>They called me Wednesday to ask if I was still interested in a set. Said delivery would be in 6-8 weeks though. >>

I hope you said yes!
  • Options

Well, I did have to think about it, though. Why the delay?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I did have to think about it, though. Why the delay? >>

I think they want to spend a few weeks playing stack the pucks first.

If the theories are true that they haven't actually had PCGS encapsulate these yet, I can see that taking some time. I also suspect these will be arriving sooner than that. That way if they run into problems, no worries, and if they arrive much sooner, they look like the good guys.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to see how many BU's are slabbed by PCGS since it is not tracked in the pop report?
  • Options

Hope you're right. It's frustrating to shell out for these things then have to wait a couple of months before they arrive. At least on ebay you get them immediately. Maybe that's why people don't mind paying so much.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i><<MTB Unopened Set>>

That eBay description was BS. >>

See Fidelitrade's description on how the sets would be handled. "May be fingerprints, etc"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>. >>

See Fidelitrade's description on how the sets would be handled. "May be fingerprints, etc" >>

I saw that. I know it turned off a lot of people. But then they sent out an attachment (which I never got) that indicated they'd handle them a little better than that. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    HUGE A-Mark NEWS!!!

It seems like PayPal restricted/froze lots of accounts... Some type of algorithm found that there were 10's probably 100's of accounts opened at the same time, and all - without verifying banks/address - all did the same 974.33 transaction to A-Mark as their first transaction...

I spoke with PayPal for hour two different times, and they wont budge.

I called A-Mark and told them the story, and how it isn't an isolated incident with my account. they assured me that they wont throw away my transaction, and will try to 1st - work it out with PayPal, and if not, work with me to work out a different payment method.

ADVICE: if your PayPal transaction to A-Mark is still "pending" and not "completed" --- YOU HAVE AN ISSUE! - A-Mark tried to complete ALL the transactions already.
    CALL A-Mark - don't waste your time with PayPal (they are a bunch of robots (i explained the coins, and why so many people opened accounts for this transaction) - but they're algorithm doesn't use common sense, and the "managers" are robots - they do what the computer says.)
    On the other hand, if you do have this problem... the more calls A-Mark gets, the more likely they will come to an easier solution to the problem.
    They're number is 310.319.0388 Pryionca answers the phone (she doesn't know much), ask her to get transferred to someone in billing (Effron seemed very helpful for me.)
  • Options

<< <i>HUGE A-Mark NEWS!!!

It seems like PayPal restricted/froze lots of accounts... Some type of algorithm found that there were 10's probably 100's of accounts opened at the same time, and all - without verifying banks/address - all did the same 974.33 transaction to A-Mark as their first transaction...

I called A-Mark and told them the story, and how it isn't an isolated incident with my account. they assured me that they wont throw away my transaction, and will try to 1st - work it out with PayPal, and if not, work with me to work out a different payment method.

ADVICE: if your PayPal transaction to A-Mark is still "pending" and not "completed" --- YOU HAVE AN ISSUE! - A-Mark tried to complete ALL the transactions already.
    CALL A-Mark - don't waste your time with PayPal (they are a bunch of robots (i explained the coins, and why so many people opened accounts for this transaction) - but they're algorithm doesn't use common sense, and the "managers" are robots - they do what the computer says.)
    On the other hand, if you do have this problem... the more calls A-Mark gets, the more likely they will come to an easier solution to the problem.
    They're number is 310.319.0388 Pryionca answers the phone (she doesn't know much), ask her to get transferred to someone in billing (Effron seemed very helpful for me.) >>

Thanks for the update. Good that AMark is open to other forms of payment if PP refuses to release the holds.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

They're number is 310.319.0388 Pryionca answers the phone (she doesn't know much), ask her to get transferred to someone in billing (Effron seemed very helpful for me.) >>

I'm not so sure that explains the issue at hand completely. My Dads Paypal account is new but 100% verified (credit card & bank account) but still shows pending.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, would be interesting to know if this is happening randomly (all different sorts of order numbers), or only to those after a certain number (ie....anyone 700 or higher)?
    Do you (and anyone else having this) have high order numbers (4 digits) or lower ones?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

So, would be interesting to know if this is happening randomly (all different sorts of order numbers), or only to those after a certain number (ie....anyone 700 or higher)?
    Do you (and anyone else having this) have high order numbers (4 digits) or lower ones? >>

Order # in the low 200's here with the pending issue
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    OK...it's now becoming obvious that this is actually a Twilight Zone episode and we're all actually in Hell, aren't we?

We're sending certified checks and money orders and credit cards....AND WE'LL NEVER ACTUALLY GET ANY COINS FROM ANYONE!!!

I'm just waiting for Rod S. to show up with his cigarette!

• Options
    Order 75x- Paypal transaction processed.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm not so sure that explains the issue at hand completely. My Dads Paypal account is new but 100% verified (credit card & bank account) but still shows pending. >>

It's looking better and better for the people on the waiting list for a mark.
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file