Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    So, would be interesting to know if this is happening randomly (all different sorts of order numbers), or only to those after a certain number (ie....anyone 700 or higher)?

Order # 11xx, paypal finally completed the payment to Amark this morning.
  • Options
    Order in the 20s, payment completed on PP on 1/20 after a temporary hold. No confirmation email from AMark though, apart from the first.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Order 75x- Paypal transaction processed. Note: funds were withdrawn directly from my paypal balance.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Ok... so I just called A-Mark and was told it takes a few days for Paypal to process orders. Who knows. I'll give it till next week and follow up again if I must.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order 14XX was completed with an e-mail confirmation both from A-Mark and Paypal on 1/18, using a long-establised PP account with no cash balance in it.
  • Options
    A-mark order number in 2200th has Paypal transaction completed yesterday (Jan 20th) with the mixture of CC and cash in the long-standing PP account. No new email other than original with order confirmation.
  • Options
    Anyone have the Prudential message line #? This thread is getting pretty monstrous and it's getting hard to find things.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    212-778-4654 image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    PB Prudential is a very long process.

If you get thru, you need to establish an account, DL#, etc. Checks, MO, no credit cards.

Once your acct gets setup, check is cashed. You have to get in touch with a depository in Delaware who ships. Fill out papers for them, pay a ship fee, and get the coins.

A very long tedious process.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Pay Pal completed my transaction with A Mark. It was a new account and I did not link it to a bank account Though I did also apply for the Pay Pal Smart Connect. So this could be the reason my transaction was completed without a bank account.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok... so I just called A-Mark and was told it takes a few days for Paypal to process orders. Who knows. I'll give it till next week and follow up again if I must. >>

Same result here. Was told they are still working through completing all of the transactions. Order 13XX.
  • Options

<< <i>PB Prudential is a very long process.

If you get thru, you need to establish an account, DL#, etc. Checks, MO, no credit cards.

Once your acct gets setup, check is cashed. You have to get in touch with a depository in Delaware who ships. Fill out papers for them, pay a ship fee, and get the coins.

A very long tedious process. >>

Thanks for the info. Long and tedious.....you've got to be kidding!
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I've never had a bank account linked to my Paypal, never sold either but its never been a problem with delaying orders.
  • Options
    Okay my A-Mark order number was 94x. Here's what PayPal posted yesterday (I paid from my PP balance):

Business Name: A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc.
    Email: atb@amark.com

Authorized Amount: -$974.33 USD
    Fee amount: $0.00 USD
    Net amount: -$974.33 USD

Item amount: $974.33 USD
    Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
    Shipping: $0.00 USD
    Handling: $0.00 USD
    Quantity: 1

Date: Jan 20, 2011
    Time: 12:40:08 PST
  • Options
    the PB process is absolutely the most tedious

when you have to deal with two different companies in order to receive your coins, open two different accounts, pay one amt to PB and then pay a ship fee to DSD,

so two checks have to clear , not one,

no credit cards for payment for either company.
  • Options

<< <i>Okay my A-Mark order number was 94x. Here's what PayPal posted yesterday (I paid from my PP balance):

Business Name: A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc.
    Email: atb@amark.com

Authorized Amount: -$974.33 USD
    Fee amount: $0.00 USD
    Net amount: -$974.33 USD

Item amount: $974.33 USD
    Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
    Shipping: $0.00 USD
    Handling: $0.00 USD
    Quantity: 1

Date: Jan 20, 2011
    Time: 12:40:08 PST

I wish they could have at least thrown in some silver bullion for CA customers to keep us from paying the sales tax.
  • Options

I just don't understand how these guys can afford to tie up so much cash in unsold inventory. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>the PB process is absolutely the most tedious

when you have to deal with two different companies in order to receive your coins, open two different accounts, pay one amt to PB and then pay a ship fee to DSD,

no credit cards for payment for either company. >>

That's fine. I have plenty of time to play their games....if I could get through.

"Sales suspended indefinitely," says the answering machine. Never hurts to try. Will try again.
  • Options
    Here's an A-Mark set order # 261 ending in a few hours. He wants payment within 12 hrs but indicates 6-8 weeks for delivery. Started at 99 cents, currently around $1400. Will be interesting to see how these end up.

link

Seller has a few negs - ouch!

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Here's an A-Mark set order # 261 ending in a few hours. He wants payment within 12 hrs but indicates 6-8 weeks for delivery. Started at 99 cents, currently around $1400. Will be interesting to see how these end up.

link

Seller has a few negs - ouch! >>

Note: 2,300 seems to be the going price for a lot of these presales. The auction went over 2,100.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>the PB process is absolutely the most tedious

no credit cards for payment for either company. >>

That's fine. I have plenty of time to play their games....if I could get through.

"Sales suspended indefinitely," says the answering machine. Never hurts to try. Will try again. >>

Thats the spirit Jumping thru all the hoops is half the fun keep trying image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Here's an A-Mark set order # 261 ending in a few hours. He wants payment within 12 hrs but indicates 6-8 weeks for delivery. Started at 99 cents, currently around $1400. Will be interesting to see how these end up.

It's at $2125.00 now........image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

Note: 2,300 seems to be the going price for a lot of these presales. The auction went over 2,100. >>

So apparently a few previous negs won't hurt with these!

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    There are less than 150 ATB 5 oz auctions on ebay right now and prices are about 2-3K for raw coins. It makes sense to me that if you are going to flip these Amark, MTB or Fidelitrade coins, now is the time. It hurts the auction to have to use a stock photo and list as a presale, but what happens when there are 1000 or more ebay auctions going in about 4-8 weeks. The price has to fall when that happens. I could see prices ranging from $1500 to $2000 on the raw coins at that point. Thats $500 to a $1000 left on the table if you don't presell. Of course this assumes you are not going to get them graded. Any thoughts.
  • Options
    Or maybe there never will be a 1000 sets on ebay all at once...
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>Or maybe there never will be a 1000 sets on ebay all at once... >>

the pressure coins-antiques 50+ listing's put on the price, took many auctions under the $2,000 level.

I do still see a strong number of bids (20-30) and bidders (8-12) on each auction and the price is pretty stable at around $2,300 average. When you can tell the future, please let us all know, k? image
  • Options

It's really tough to say. There are so many variables in play. I've never seen a situation like this. And lots will depend on when the Mint releases it's "P" version, and what happens to those. You're guess is as good as mine.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I can't imagine that that many of these will not be held on to with such a low mintage. I know I want to get one set of these and one set of

the ones the mint is putting out for myself as I feel these are going to be winners. I hope I get a chance to get one. I am on A mark's list.
  • Options

I've got my fingers crossed for you image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    someone asked for a guess at the percentage of sets to be flipped....

my guess....

65% or more.

It's gonna get ugly in a few weeks.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are less than 150 ATB 5 oz auctions on ebay right now and prices are about 2-3K for raw coins. It makes sense to me that if you are going to flip these Amark, MTB or Fidelitrade coins, now is the time. It hurts the auction to have to use a stock photo and list as a presale, but what happens when there are 1000 or more ebay auctions going in about 4-8 weeks. The price has to fall when that happens. I could see prices ranging from $1500 to $2000 on the raw coins at that point. Thats $500 to a $1000 left on the table if you don't presell. Of course this assumes you are not going to get them graded. Any thoughts. >>

Hadn't thought of doing a pre-sale. image I wonder what the success rate is for the puck pre-sales with the long delivery times. I wonder how many deals get canceled by buyers.

On the other hand, if you are a buyer now of a set of pucks in a pre-sale - aren't you betting that prices will be higher later on and you want to lock in a price now?

It seems the smart way to go if you are the seller to want the money now so the buyer can't back out if prices tumble.

• Options

<< <i>someone asked for a guess at the percentage of sets to be flipped....

my guess....

65% or more.

It's gonna get ugly in a few weeks. >>

I keep thinking buy and hold - flip in 5 to 7 years.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to sell now or later, pre-sell or wait - I believe MCM said it best in their current sales of the ATB Sets:

NO REFUNDS, PRICE ADJUSTMENTS, OR EXCHANGES.

These coins have been at the center of recent controversy for a variety of reasons. Since ModernCoinMart is slowly obtaining these sets in the secondary market and is not an authorized distributor for this product, our pricing will reflect what we believe is at the low end of the current retail market based on recent auction prices and wholesale activity that we are able to monitor.

OUR PRICE WILL MOST LIKELY BE CHANGING FREQUENTLY. IF YOU CAN'T RISK THE POSSIBILITY THAT WE MAY SELL THESE FOR LESS AT ANY TIME BASED ON SUPPLY AND MARKET CONDITIONS, DO NOT PURCHASE THE SET.

If you’ve been following prices you probably know that sales have occurred at far above our current prices. They have come down in price and may continue to fall as more supply becomes available, or they could stabilize, or go up. We have no idea which will occur, and make no predictions about what might occur in the future with regard to pricing.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've got my fingers crossed for you image >>

Thank you!
  • Options
    this is NOT a buy and hold item. Not with 27k pucks coming behind it.

Maybe a set for a collector. Extras = make your money and exit. Or risk bullion value later.
  • Options

<< <i>this is NOT a buy and hold item. Not with 27k pucks coming behind it.

Maybe a set for a collector. Extras = make your money and exit. Or risk bullion value later. >>

Yeah, makes sense. I'm gonna ponder pre-sale, might just try it.
  • Options
    I realize its not a great comparrison, but the Lincoln Coins and Chronicles Set (LN6) was limited to 50,000 sets. There is less than 100 of those sets on Ebay now and the price is generally going for 2-3 times what they sold for by the US Mint. I think I remember there being around 300 sets at the most on ebay during the hype back in 09. Anyway, the hype around these coins is way more than there ever was for the Chronicles set. I'd be happy if the ATBs retain a 2-3 times value. I guess we'll see.
  • Options

my guess....
    65% or more.

I keep thinking buy and hold - flip in 5 to 7 years. >>

The value of these will eventually go up, I think ebay prices are actually pretty low considering. When these hit $1,500 on ebay I'll actually snag a few sets to hold onto them until they are worth $15,000+ which will happen within the next 15 years. It's actually a pretty safe investment.
  • Options
    For the collector both versions are a must due to the distinct difference in finishes. Depending on 2011 mintage of the pucks I will probably order both versions and continue in future years with the numi version.

The finishes sound to me like they will very different from the bullion version so it may be worth to keep a set of 2010s due to low mintage
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<someone asked for a guess at the percentage of sets to be flipped....>>

<<my guess....>>

<<65% or more.>>

<<It's gonna get ugly in a few weeks. >>

Do you really think that 21,000 of these sets are going to get flipped? That would essentially indicate that nobody really wants to collect these things at all.

Sure, it's possible, but that seems like an extrordinarily high number.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's an A-Mark set order # 261 ending in a few hours. He wants payment within 12 hrs but indicates 6-8 weeks for delivery. Started at 99 cents, currently around $1400. Will be interesting to see how these end up.

link

Seller has a few negs - ouch! >>

Latest neg was

"Item adv.as "NEW",item shipped was used,hair & grease on it,cleaned to use"

What do you think it was that only cost $1.85? A used hairbrush?image

Actually it was: Belkin 6FT 14K Gold USB A to B Printer Cable *NEW*
  • Options
    I want to see the quality of the coins before I decide to keep or sell. Completed Paypal payment to Amark.
  • Options
    Here is an interesting article that Ken Potter just wrote about doubling on the ATB coins. Not a rare event, but still interesting.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=17345
  • Options

<< <i>

my guess....
    65% or more.

I keep thinking buy and hold - flip in 5 to 7 years. >>

The value of these will eventually go up, I think ebay prices are actually pretty low considering. When these hit $1,500 on ebay I'll actually snag a few sets to hold onto them until they are worth $15,000+ which will happen within the next 15 years. It's actually a pretty safe investment. >>

I agree that as many as 65% will be flipped. But who knows....it is very possible that these will be rarest in high grades. If you do a presale now you are taking the risk that you will not be able to get them graded.

I'm hoping these things crash hard on ebay because then I can pick some up without the hassle of getting them from APs. These, to me, as a quasi-outdoorsman and collector are much more interesting than ASEs. Changing reverses and 5 oz all at once at a little over spot? Don't get me wrong, I love the ASE design, but it's been around for awhile and these are fresh.

The folks thinking these will end up trading at spot prices in the long term are kidding themselves.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is an interesting article that Ken Potter just wrote about doubling on the ATB coins. Not a rare event, but still interesting.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=17345 >>

link
  • Options
    So have anyone thought of what the price would be on any of the pucks missing edge lettering?
  • Options
    It would be like hitting the lottery...So would finding a PCGS MS70 on any one of the 5 ozers.
  • Options

<< <i>So have anyone thought of what the price would be on any of the pucks missing edge lettering? >>

Moon Money, unless it was altered image
  • Options
    Nevermind.
  • Options

<< <i>So have anyone thought of what the price would be on any of the pucks missing edge lettering? >>

That's why I'm not that crazy about A-Mark putting these into PCGS slabs. You can't tell if you've hit the lottery.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file