Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like after getting Moon money for the Yos. 69 pebblesandbambam pulled his/her other 69 auctions, likely for repricing.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>This is a re-post. Any info would be most appreciated!!

For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

Raufus, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about the intricacies of the Windows environment, but I dug this up.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/385367/what-requests-do-browsers-f5-and-ctrl-f5-refreshes-generate

In short, it looks like F5 will do a page refresh, while a CTRL-F5 will force a refresh from the server, not from your cache. That's useful. And quicker than finding "empty cache" in the menus. >>

PF-

Thanks so much for the info!!

What is the difference between a page refresh and a server refresh? Which would be most useful for an A Mark type situation or a US Mint situation when the P pucks come out? I think it was the F5 that finally got me out of the A Mark flag page and onto the order link.

Again, thanks so much for the tech help!!!!! >>

I'm no expert, but this is my basic understanding....

When you go to a page, two basic things can happen.
    1. The page will reload from your cache. Your cache is a bit of saved data on your computer. So in essence, you're reloading a page based on what's saved on YOUR computer. If things aren't changing, this is a good option because it's fast. I believe you'll often get this if you choose the forward or back buttons on your browser.

2. Refresh from server. This means you're getting page info from the server. If things are changing on the server, this is what you want. It's slower, because you are loading from the server, and not from your computer, but you're getting UP TO DATE stuff.

The problem folks were having with AMark's site was that their browser was reloading from their cache, not the server. So it kept showing the old page, not the new one.

Solutions: The F5 tricks above, or going to a menu on your browser and say "EMPTY CACHE" and then reloading the page. The latter is what I did on my Mac because I don't know the shortcut.

This is something to practice before a sale like this. Know the shortcut or where the empty cache feature is in your browser. Also, it might help to have multiple browsers, one that's never accessed the site or has a emptied cache. That way you can be sure one of the browsers will interact with the site correctly.

Good luck!!!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Guys, Fidelitrade still has sets available. This was posted on their website yesterday.

1/21/2011 - America The Beautiful

FideliTrade has a limited number of 2010 ATB 5-coin sets available for $929.20 (includes shipping).

As you may know, the U.S. Mint placed a restriction of one (1) set per household on the ATB coin purchases. We have reviewed the initial surge of orders and determined that many households attempted to acquire multiple sets. We have eliminated these duplicate orders. This has enabled us to offer additional sets.

Please go to the "Forms & Resources" tab, click on "Forms" and you'll see the American The Beautiful Account Opening/Purchase Order form. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDERS FOR MORE THAN ONE SET PER HOUSEHOLD.

Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>Guys, Fidelitrade still has sets available. This was posted on their website yesterday.
    >>

Good eye, Coasterfan! Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>For the benefit of us who are computer morons, what exactly does F5 do and Shift F5? I'm sure that "screen refresh" (if this is what this does) will be very useful when the nimismatic pucks are sold. Thanks very much to you techies for any help/explaination of this!! >>

Raufus, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about the intricacies of the Windows environment, but I dug this up.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/385367/what-requests-do-browsers-f5-and-ctrl-f5-refreshes-generate

In short, it looks like F5 will do a page refresh, while a CTRL-F5 will force a refresh from the server, not from your cache. That's useful. And quicker than finding "empty cache" in the menus. >>

Sorry, I still do not know, and confused, as to which one did the trick: F5, CTRL-F5, or Shift-F5? >>

for windows machines it is control+F5 not shift+F5

sorry

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys, Fidelitrade still has sets available. This was posted on their website yesterday.
    >>

Very good eye indeed! I check that website several times daily & never noticed it. The print is so small it's easy to miss. I hope pitboss sees this in time to place an order. He still doesn't have a set.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re Fidelitrade...keeping in mind that I had no firm commitments at that time for any coins (and was desperate), I sent in checks for myself and another party using two totally different addresses.

They both arrived in the 10:2x somthing USPS batch on the first morning...and I've heard nothing re either application.

Another very odd and seemingly inconsistent process being used by an AP if you ask me...especially now that they seemingly still have unsold product available.
  • Options

Did the name/address on the checks correspond to the name/address on each app?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I agree, 3rd party checks is a problem.

As for the email from AMARK - my buddy put his in at 3:02-3:05pm, there is no way AMARK sent out 250 emails. It was even before they switched the sign to read "first 250"

• Options
  • Options
    I've noticed there can be a razor thin line between those getting a set & not getting a set. Seems as though everything has to come together at just the right moment. Frustrating.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>I just checked the PCGS pops.

The following is: the coin, the # of 69s and the total graded

505103 GC 10/20
    505101 YS 7/20
    505100 HS 13/23
    505104 MH 7/17
    505102 Yos. 2/13

Very early in the game. Perhaps the Yos. will be very tough in 69. Likely too early to tell. I guess that I lucked out with my Yos. in PCGS 69FS. I might put it on ebay as much as I want a 69 set. Nearly 4K is a lot to pass up it that's really what they will bring now. >>

Wow, good work on that 69. I'm hoping to get some nice strikes with my AMarks. You were initially hemming and hawing about sending them in, right? Sounds like you made the right call.
  • Options
    Just an FYI...1/31 will be the last date a guess can be made for the availability date of the "P" pucks from the Mint

"P" pucks

Remember...those who haven't posted on this thread are not eligible.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Well, I got my application and check in the mail to fidelitrade this afternoon. I think they still take express mail with a late pickup. ( I hope)

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I got my application and check in the mail to fidelitrade this afternoon. I think they still take express mail with a late pickup. ( I hope) >>

imageimage I think you'll get in. thought about it again but decided not to.image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Did the name/address on the checks correspond to the name/address on each app? >>

Actually both were teller's checks corresponding to the names on the applications.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I got my application and check in the mail to fidelitrade this afternoon. I think they still take express mail with a late pickup. ( I hope) >>

I'm going to try Priority mail and see how that does since I'm on the East Coast anyway.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm going to try Priority mail and see how that does since I'm on the East Coast anyway. >>

I missed post office and fedex today...(just got the news that they're back accepting orders... What do you guys think about shipping it out on Monday? waist of time? (would obviously have to overnight it...)
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    My check to MTB cleared the bank yesterday 1/21. Anyone who ordered from them have an idea when they might ship?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm going to try Priority mail and see how that does since I'm on the East Coast anyway. >>

I missed post office and fedex today...(just got the news that they're back accepting orders... What do you guys think about shipping it out on Monday? waist of time? (would obviously have to overnight it...) >>

I don't know what to tell you on that, I don't even know if mine will go out today because I did not get to the post office until around 4PM but I had to try but it went express so they may not get it until tuesday.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My check to MTB cleared the bank yesterday 1/21. Anyone who ordered from them have an idea when they might ship? >>

If it's a personal check, probably 17 business days after deposit by MTB. Bank checks, money orders clear faster.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My check to MTB cleared the bank yesterday 1/21. Anyone who ordered from them have an idea when they might ship? >>

If it's a personal check, probably 17 business days after deposit by MTB. Bank checks, money orders clear faster. >>

I didn't care how long the coins take to get here, I just want to have a set allocated to me so I sent a personal check.
  • Options

FideliTrade has a limited number of 2010 ATB 5-coin sets available for $929.20 (includes shipping).

As you may know, the U.S. Mint placed a restriction of one (1) set per household on the ATB coin purchases. We have reviewed the initial surge of orders and determined that many households attempted to acquire multiple sets. We have eliminated these duplicate orders. This has enabled us to offer additional sets.

Please go to the "Forms & Resources" tab, click on "Forms" and you'll see the American The Beautiful Account Opening/Purchase Order form. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDERS FOR MORE THAN ONE SET PER HOUSEHOLD. >>

Coaster- thanks! I got mine in via express mail should be there on Monday. Hopefully I can get a set, again thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I missed post office and fedex today...(just got the news that they're back accepting orders... What do you guys think about shipping it out on Monday? waist of time? (would obviously have to overnight it...) >>

I don't know what to tell you on that, I don't even know if mine will go out today because I did not get to the post office until around 4PM but I had to try but it went express so they may not get it until tuesday. >>

I hit our main Post office for Portland, OR about 4 ish PST. Not much in the lower 48 farther from DE than us. The teller said it was guaranteed by 3 PM EST Monday. So if you went Express in a different time zone than me should should be in fine.
  • Options
    BTW on the Fidelitrade ATB's:
    "5. Coins are of a bullion variety and will neither be encapsulated nor specially packaged.  The coins may have minor
    scratches, abrasions, smudges, fingerprints or other imperfections"
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Regarding the specs for the pucks, the silver purity is listed as 0.999. Should we assume that to be 0.9990, and not 0.9993 as with US silver eagles? Furthermore, the weight of a puck is said to be 5 oz, but is that the actual weight, or is it the weight of the silver contained? To contain five ounces of pure silver, a puck of .999 purity would have to weigh just slightly over 5.005 troy ounces. If each puck is found to weigh only exactly 5.000 ounces, then we are getting slightly less silver than expected.

How much less? If the specs remain constant, and the program continues to its planned completion in year 2021, with 56 bullion plus 56 uncirculated pucks, a total of 112, and if you obtained one of each of them, instead of the expected 560 troy ounces of silver, you’d only have gotten 559.44, a shortfall of 0.56 troy ounces, worth at today’s spot price about $15.42. That’s totally insignificant compared to the premiums being paid for the pucks being scalped, or even those bought directly from the mint’s authorized purchasers.

Still, it might be nice if we had more precise specifications, which is the point of this post.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't know what to tell you on that, I don't even know if mine will go out today because I did not get to the post office until around 4PM but I had to try but it went express so they may not get it until tuesday. >>

I hit our main Post office for Portland, OR about 4 ish PST. Not much in the lower 48 farther from DE than us. The teller said it was guaranteed by 3 PM EST Monday. So if you went Express in a different time zone than me should should be in fine. >>

There was no teller as they were closed but the sign says they have a 6 PM pickup.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW on the Fidelitrade ATB's:
    "5. Coins are of a bullion variety and will neither be encapsulated nor specially packaged.  The coins may have minor
    scratches, abrasions, smudges, fingerprints or other imperfections" >>

This was stated in the Fidelitrade Receipt of Correspondence notice:

Packaging:

 US Mint
    o Coins are of a bullion variety (i.e., the US Mint handles them in the same manner that it handles silver Eagle bullion coins)
    o ATB coins were shipped by the US Mint in plastic boxes containing 10 plastic tubes. Each tube contains 10 coins

 FideliTrade
    o Coins will be unpackaged (from Mint tubes) with care.
     On a soft, non-abrasive surface
     Packing staff will wear gloves when handling the coins
    o Coins will be packaged as follows:
     Each of the 5 coins will be placed in small (4” x 4”) bubble envelopes;
     the 5 small bubble envelopes will be sealed in a sturdy fiber envelope;
     the fiber envelope will be placed in a FedEx Bubble Pak for shipment.
  • Options

<< <i>Regarding the specs for the pucks, the silver purity is listed as 0.999. Should we assume that to be 0.9990, and not 0.9993 as with US silver eagles? Furthermore, the weight of a puck is said to be 5 oz, but is that the actual weight, or is it the weight of the silver contained? To contain five ounces of pure silver, a puck of .999 purity would have to weigh just slightly over 5.005 troy ounces. If each puck is found to weigh only exactly 5.000 ounces, then we are getting slightly less silver than expected.

How much less? If the specs remain constant, and the program continues to its planned completion in year 2021, with 56 bullion plus 56 uncirculated pucks, a total of 112, and if you obtained one of each of them, instead of the expected 560 troy ounces of silver, you’d only have gotten 559.44, a shortfall of 0.56 troy ounces, worth at today’s spot price about $15.42. That’s totally insignificant compared to the premiums being paid for the pucks being scalped, or even those bought directly from the mint’s authorized purchasers.

Still, it might be nice if we had more precise specifications, which is the point of this post. >>

Only a science nerd could be that anal, don't worry about it, no one else does. Besides the impurities are probably gold or platinum group metals, you get a bonus value.
  • Options
    You guys giving Fidelitrade your social security numbers? Not me
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Besides the impurities are probably gold or platinum group metals, you get a bonus value. >>

Probably incorrect. I'd guess most of the non-silver content is copper.
  • Options

<< <i>You guys giving Fidelitrade your social security numbers? Not me >>

I gave them yours.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys giving Fidelitrade your social security numbers? Not me >>

I gave them yours. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Besides the impurities are probably gold or platinum group metals, you get a bonus value. >>

Probably incorrect. I'd guess most of the non-silver content is copper. >>

It's actually probably Zinc, but who cares, it really could be gold and you should try to think positive and relax.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm guessing that last bit is from the junior mint that accidently fell into the smelter.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm guessing that last bit is from the junior mint that accidently fell into the smelter. >>

Kramer!
  • Options
    so it looks like i will finally be getting a set of these and i will be sending them in for grading barring them literally looking like pucks that skidded across the factory floorimage. i know it was posted here in this thread but things are hard to find, these have to go in under "regular" $30 service level, right?

ok, smoebody that has these pcgs slabs in hand break out a tape measure..... inquiring minds want to know!!!

are these 4 by 8 ???
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to congratulate PCGS on the slab design for these 5oz rounds. The compact design, relative to the NGC headstone sized slabs, looks much better to me. Especially the narrow 3 3/4" X 6" layout. The NGC slab is 5 1/2" X 7 1/2"! Way too big! Thanks PCGS and thanks A-Mark!

imageimage >>

Here are the dimensions as mentioned by member Redherring many many pages back.

Just as an aside I have been using this search to find things on this thread. Put your search plus "APMEX is selling" in the search box next to what is already there and it almost exclusively searches this thread. Google Search
  • Options
    Has anyone made the call to PCGS about re-grades on th AMARK slabs?

As we assume that these we submitted for BU slabbing and not for grading.
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll be in BU as I'm sure AMark wouldn't put up the cash to have PCGS grade all of the sets.

I am curious though, as to whether PCGS or AMark will be shipping these.

If PCGS is shipping for AMark, I wonder if we could call and ask to have individual sets actually graded before shipment. Not sure if I'd want to do this, even if it were possible, but it's a thought.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd like to congratulate PCGS on the slab design for these 5oz rounds. The compact design, relative to the NGC headstone sized slabs, looks much better to me. Especially the narrow 3 3/4" X 6" layout. The NGC slab is 5 1/2" X 7 1/2"! Way too big! Thanks PCGS and thanks A-Mark!

imageimage >>

Here are the dimensions as mentioned by member Redherring many many pages back.

Just as an aside I have been using this search to find things on this thread. Put your search plus "APMEX is selling" in the search box next to what is already there and it almost exclusively searches this thread. Google Search >>

cool, i think i missed this post with both slabs.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm sure they'll be in BU as I'm sure AMark wouldn't put up the cash to have PCGS grade all of the sets.

I am curious though, as to whether PCGS or AMark will be shipping these.

If PCGS is shipping for AMark, I wonder if we could call and ask to have individual sets actually graded before shipment. Not sure if I'd want to do this, even if it were possible, but it's a thought. >>

I seriously doubt Amark, given that they are required to sell them at a set price, paid an extra dime to have them graded. IMO, it was easier to have PCGS slab them than deal with them, capsules, etc. No, these are fresh from the rolls, ungraded, and with PCGS having been the ones extracting them, my preference. These will be a complete mixed bag, with every type of quality that the mint can produce, dogs, and near perfect coins, randomly intermixed.
  • Options
    One question about the holders is can you see the edge lettering in the PCGS holder?

It looks like you can in the NGC holder.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One question about the holders is can you see the edge lettering in the PCGS holder?

It looks like you can in the NGC holder. >>

PCGS holders are not edgeview. NGC holders are. I have many medals in the large NGC holders. They make stunning displays.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

I'm considering leaving one of my boxes of pucks unopened for possibly 5-10 years.
    Obviously, the ones from A-Mark would be a good choice because the slab will offer
    some protection. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might happen to a set
    like those from FideliTrade that are simply wrapped in plastic? Would the surface
    deteriorate after a few years? image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I'm scared about FideliTrades making it through the mail let alone sitting in their bubble wrap for 10 years haha. I think I would definitely take them out. You can wait for forum members to post and see how they are actually packaged and what their condition is though.
  • Options

<< <i>These will be a complete mixed bag, with every type of quality that the mint can produce, dogs, and near perfect coins, randomly intermixed. >>

That is exactly what I have been thinking. Though slabbed "Choice BU", our A-Mark purchases will likely be a bit of everything.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Please go to the "Forms & Resources" tab, click on "Forms" and you'll see the American The Beautiful Account Opening/Purchase Order form. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDERS FOR MORE THAN ONE SET PER HOUSEHOLD. >>

Coaster- thanks! I got mine in via express mail should be there on Monday. Hopefully I can get a set, again thanks! >>

Cool, that seals it for everyone who got theirs in the 'first' mailing.

Btw, also from Fidelitrade application:

Orders are limited to one (1) 5]Coin Set per US household. A household is defined as all persons of a family, or living as a family, at a single mailing address (official residence for tax purposes ] P.O. Boxes are not acceptable) in the United States.

"a. For this offer, shipment must be to your Residence; no P.O. boxes or commercial/business addresses."

I'll go out on a limb here and say no PO Boxes will be accepted for ANY AP's.

• Options

<< <i>I'm scared about FideliTrades making it through the mail let alone sitting in their bubble wrap for 10 years haha. I think I would definitely take them out. You can wait for forum members to post and see how they are actually packaged and what their condition is though. >>

I know. I can't believe they're going to try and ship them in a bubble wrap mailer!image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Are we at 6600 yet?
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file