Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    My A-Mark payment went through today as well!

-Paul
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>you received your MTBs already?

I've not heard a word and they had money in my account!

What time did you order? >>

I know you ordered well before me MsM, since you gave me the info of how to purchase.

I paid with a bank check and I received mine Monday. >>

D'oh

I'm calling tomorrow.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My A-Mark payment went through today as well!

-Paul >>

Yep, and what is interesting is that this was supposed to be a CC payment. I made sure when I did it as well. I had someone paypal me last night and, when the Amark payment cleared, that amount was removed from the account and the rest was charged to the CC.

Pretty weird and not "right", in my opinion, as CC was selected...not "pay from balance that I didn't have but then did get some just hours before it cleared".

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GC MUST GO! If The Mint does not eliminate GC from the AP program they're just totally incompetent. >>

Thanks Raufus, I agree. It seems to me that an excellent way to expedite the elimination of TGC is for every knowledgeable person on this forum to write a regular letter, with a postage stamp, through the US mail, to the 'Director of the US Mint' with a copy furnished to the 'Secretary of the Treasury' in which the details are very clearly spelled out as briefly as possible: The directives of the mint to the APs, and the flagrant violations of the agreed on directives by The Gold Center of Springfield IL. An email won't do much, a phone call won't do much. The letter to the Mint Director will probably either be handled by an acting director, or whoever is assigned to overseeing the APs. The people at the mint, seeing that the Treasury Secretary is also being informed, might take this more seriously than they might otherwise. Of course we realize that Tim Geithner won't read your letter and jump to action.

Addresses:

The Director
    United States Mint
    801 9th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20220

Secretary of the Treasury
    1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20220

• << <i>My A-Mark payment went through today as well! -Paul >>

Yep, and what is interesting is that this was supposed to be a CC payment. I made sure when I did it as well. I had someone paypal me last night and, when the Amark payment cleared, that amount was removed from the account and the rest was charged to the CC.

Pretty weird and not "right", in my opinion, as CC was selected...not "pay from balance that I didn't have but then did get some just hours before it cleared". >>

I would suggest not complaining about this to Paypal or A-Mark until after you get your set image
  • I agree that the evidence suggests TGC may have been up to some to tricks.

But where are the coins from Dillon Gage, Prudential, Jack Hunt and APMEX? There is some widespread BS going on.

I think I'm going to wait to write my letter until this is all over and and rag on all of these clowns.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>Just wondering...and I've got to ask...

In a limited quantity mintage, using the same dies and equipment and produced under the same conditions, how do you generate coins swinging between a 62 and a 69...short of dropping the 62 on the floor and kicking it around a bit? Could a puck actually have been dinged up that badly accidentally?

Just asking? >>

Moy's personal doorstop?

The 62 must have been at the very end of a run. Bad luck there....probably better off cracking that 62 out and selling as raw.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    If what follows below are specific terms outlined in Public Law 110-456, then how many specific intentional violations can be documented. Who was the sponsoring/co-sponsoring legislators, who are his/her constituents that should be where any complaints are directed for the best reaction....

As a bullion series, the coins are distributed through the US Mint’s authorized purchaser (AP) network.

The silver bullion program was authorized under Public Law 110-456, which provides for a series of 5 ounce silver bullion coins featuring duplicate designs of the America the Beautiful Quarters. Likely as a result of the challenging specifications of the new series, such as the 3 inch diameter and incused edge lettering, the US Mint was only able to produce and make available 33,000 coins for each of the five designs to be released in 2010.

The limited number of coins were to be distributed through the US Mint’s authorized purchaser network, which is used for other bullion programs and required under the authorizing legislation. A small group of 11 primary distributors would be allowed to purchase the coins directly from the US Mint.

As a pre-requisite to participate in the purchase and distribution of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion coins:

1. Authorized Purchasers shall make available for sale to the public all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins that they acquire. The intention of this condition is to ensure that all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins minted and issued by the United States Mint are sold to the public.

2. Authorized Purchasers may charge to their customers a price no higher than ten percent above the price at which the Authorized Purchasers acquire 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins from the United States Mint. Authorized Purchasers may charge their customers a reasonable shipping and handling fee; however, Authorized Purchasers may not charge any other fee, premium, or other expense to their customers to circumvent this ten-percent markup limitation. The intention of this condition is to ensure that members of the public can obtain these coins at a reasonable and affordable purchase price.

3. Authorized Purchasers must establish and enforce an order limit of one coin of each design for each household. A household is defined as all persons of a family, or living as a family, at a single mailing address. The intention of this condition is to ensure the broadest and fairest public accessibility to 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins, which are limited-mintage United States Mint products.

4. Authorized Purchasers may not sell, either directly or indirectly, 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins to their officers or employees. The intention of this condition is to ensure that 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins are available to the public and that Authorized Purchaser officers and employees do not have an unfair advantage over members of the public.

(l8-)>>

<< <i>

<< <i>My A-Mark payment went through today as well! -Paul >>

Pretty weird and not "right", in my opinion, as CC was selected...not "pay from balance that I didn't have but then did get some just hours before it cleared". >>

I would suggest not complaining about this to Paypal or A-Mark until after you get your set image >>

Way ahead of you image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

-Paul >>

Same here. Another step closer. It'll be interesting to see what these PCGS BU Pucks look like.
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

-Paul >>

Ya, this is kinda of BS. I mine on a credit card, then sold some silver and had my entire cash payment taken and credit card wasn't used.
    Not sure what to do?
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

• << <i>

<< <i>My A-Mark payment went through today as well! -Paul >>

I would suggest not complaining about this to Paypal or A-Mark until after you get your set image >>

Same thing happened to me. Recd some payments today and those got sucked into the Amark bill. Not surprising as PP is a bunch of douches.

• << <i>If what follows below are specific terms outlined in Public Law 110-456, then how many specific intentional violations can be documented. Who was the sponsoring/co-sponsoring legislators, who are his/her constituents that should be where any complaints are directed for the best reaction....

As a bullion series, the coins are distributed through the US Mint’s authorized purchaser (AP) network.

The silver bullion program was authorized under Public Law 110-456, which provides for a series of 5 ounce silver bullion coins featuring duplicate designs of the America the Beautiful Quarters. Likely as a result of the challenging specifications of the new series, such as the 3 inch diameter and incused edge lettering, the US Mint was only able to produce and make available 33,000 coins for each of the five designs to be released in 2010.

The limited number of coins were to be distributed through the US Mint’s authorized purchaser network, which is used for other bullion programs and required under the authorizing legislation. A small group of 11 primary distributors would be allowed to purchase the coins directly from the US Mint.

As a pre-requisite to participate in the purchase and distribution of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion coins:

1. Authorized Purchasers shall make available for sale to the public all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins that they acquire. The intention of this condition is to ensure that all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins minted and issued by the United States Mint are sold to the public.

2. Authorized Purchasers may charge to their customers a price no higher than ten percent above the price at which the Authorized Purchasers acquire 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins from the United States Mint. Authorized Purchasers may charge their customers a reasonable shipping and handling fee; however, Authorized Purchasers may not charge any other fee, premium, or other expense to their customers to circumvent this ten-percent markup limitation. The intention of this condition is to ensure that members of the public can obtain these coins at a reasonable and affordable purchase price.

3. Authorized Purchasers must establish and enforce an order limit of one coin of each design for each household. A household is defined as all persons of a family, or living as a family, at a single mailing address. The intention of this condition is to ensure the broadest and fairest public accessibility to 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins, which are limited-mintage United States Mint products.

4. Authorized Purchasers may not sell, either directly or indirectly, 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins to their officers or employees. The intention of this condition is to ensure that 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins are available to the public and that Authorized Purchaser officers and employees do not have an unfair advantage over members of the public. >>

Thanks for highlighting those notable sections of the Mint's conditions. It's clear from reading those that the Mint intended these to be made available to the general public, not to the AP's family, friends and best customers.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • HR 6184 (2008) is the legislation for the America the Beautiful Quarters program, including the silver bullion coins. The sponsor was Rep. Michael Castle (R-DE). Wikipedia says "former" representative. Was he defeated by Christine O'Donnell in the primary?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6184
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    AMARK did Ok with their sales but a few things missed the mark -

#1 - payments by check or money order are accepted per their terms and conditions, however, nowhere to choose it - only PAYPAL.

#2 - their checkout could have been streamlined, i.e. less steps/pages to complete

Doesnt matter to me, my order was in the 100's and today is completed.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've been expressing money all over the place and have yet to see an order confirmation.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS has become my shipper of last resort. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I receive anything shipped by UPS, it looks as though it was drop-kicked into the truck! image >>

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Yup my order cleared as well, in the 5X's range. I expect these to ship sooner than the quoted 6-8 weeks...I don't think their supposed to take payments and not ship within 30 days.

<< <i>Just got my Fidelitrade notification of order acceptance. I was in the 10:33 UPS delivery. image >>

A-mark completed.

No e-mail from Fidelitrade. 10:30 Fedex
    double post
  • Need to pass a bill giving the USM the ability to sell bullion directly. Most of the time they wouldn't need to--or want to--but in a short-strike problem, it would allow them to circumvent the APs. After all, what's more fair for the public that the USM is supposed to be serving?

I sure as hell can't afford the 10,000 ounces needed to become an AP (the stated minimum order for the pucks, though the mint can establish lower limits, which is what we've seen here). And there is no motivation for the APs to provide good customer service because they know most us can never afford the minimums on their usual products. For example, AMark appears to have done the best but I can't give them my business in the future over APMEX because I'm such small time potatoes.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    << But where are the coins from Dillon Gage, Prudential, Jack Hunt and APMEX? There is some widespread BS going on.

I think I'm going to wait to write my letter until this is all over and and rag on all of these clowns. >>

Don't forget 2nd qtr Coins 'n Things.

MY take and purely SPECULATION based on what I've seen so far -

DG - I still have hope for DG to go public with puck sales. To my knowledge they made a list (or did a d@mn good job pretending), we've seen a DG box on ebay, no reports of DG contacts or any more info about sales. I bet they sell to the "public" somehow, someway, the majority of pucks, but as time goes on, that possibility grows dimmer by the day.

PB - Basket case, good luck, selling out the back door to who knows who, PB has 2 hr order time window by phone to the public that won't be answered. Or, if they do answer, that'll satisfy the mint directive.

JH - NO CALLS!, probably selling out the back door as I write, I'll be amazed if this AP ever emerges for public sales, who know WTF is up with this outfit.

Apmex - Alerting in a controlled manner by date? You'd think Apmex would get it together and put this puck affair behind. No upside in more delay.

Coins 'n Things - According to their site - delaying 'due to demand order requests until the 2nd quarter.' First of all, this makes no sense, due to demand, I'd think you would want to sell pucks, but whatever, I guess you delay and take order requests in the 2nd qtr. In the meantime conduct back door sales, feed multiple address customer / dealer submissions to NGC, sell to Coin Vault TV.

That's my take! If I'm 40% right, I think that's pretty good!

Then I'll write a letter when all this 2010 bullion puck sales all washes up on the beach.

• << <i>

>>

epcjimi1, I think sadly that you're much higher than 40% right.

PROCEDURES TO QUALIFY FOR BULK PURCHASE OF SILVER BULLION COINS
    Some interesting tidbits in there but unfortunately there was nothing really specific in there about the continuing eligibility of APs if they break rules. The puck stuff starts at the end of page 2.
  • PAYPAL does suck, let me share my experience so that you can feel my pain;

So first I send some cash from wife PayPal to my PayPal, enough to cover the set. After one 45 minutes waiting for the Amark server to process me, I get to the payment; well my payment was denied because they did not want the cash in the account they wanted a credit card. So I started my Que again and I added a credit card to my paypal account, at this point I am thinking, since I am going to pay with a credit card, why not refund the cash that I received from wife's account. I send cash back, log off my account and check wife's money was back so I was happy. Second time around, I am ready to pay; go to paypal and they refused to let me pay because the account was thirty cents on the red. I did not realize that when I refunded the money to wife, paypal was still going to charge me the 30 cent transaction fee. SO I had to log off, start the que again, log into paypal and I noticed that I was in fact 30 cents on the red. To solve the situation I decided to send the $1100 back from wife paypal into mine. Third time around to pay, I chose my newly added credit card and the payment went trough and purchase confirmed.

You might think at this point, great you did it and the worst is over right? Wrong... So I log into my paypal and I still see the money my wife sent me, Amark purchase was with credit card although there was enough cash in the account to cover the purchase. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to refund the money to wife minus the one dollar "that certainly would take care of the 30 cent fees" Well after I hit send to my surprise the Aholes did not send the cash that I had on the account, they decided to go into my checking account to refund the money. Are you friking kidding me " I am thinking".

So I call Paypal, sorry sir but the fees cause the cash on the account to be 30 cents under the refund and we cannot split a refund and do a partial refund between cash and another source card so we took it out of the checking account. So the kicker is that I seldom use this account, as luck would have it; the checking account listed had only $70 bucks in it. Call paypal again to cancel transaction "sorry once it is started we cannot cancel"... To make matters worst the account listed is from a bank in another state so it is not like I could go quick and put some money in it, so now I just have to wait for some nice over draft fees image

Sorry for the long post, just wanted you all to share my pain image

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Some interesting tidbits in there but unfortunately there was nothing really specific in there about the continuing eligibility of APs if they break rules. The puck stuff starts at the end of page 2. >>

Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of the agreement may result in immediate unilateral termination of the firm as an AP of silver bullion coins.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>JH - NO CALLS!, probably selling out the back door as I write, I'll be amazed if this AP ever emerges for public sales, who know WTF is up with this outfit. >>

their web site looks like they have only a handful of people.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Some interesting tidbits in there but unfortunately there was nothing really specific in there about the continuing eligibility of APs if they break rules. The puck stuff starts at the end of page 2. >>

Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of the agreement may result in immediate unilateral termination of the firm as an AP of silver bullion coins. >>

Right, page 9, but I guess I was a little confused as to which agreement they were referencing.
  • Got the fidelitrade email today confirming delivery within 4 weeks. Mine was 10:44 UPS signed by Bryant. Feels good to finally get the email.

• << <i>....I get to the payment; well my payment was denied because they did not want the cash in the account they wanted a credit card.... >>

That is really bizarre. I paid using my PayPal balance w/o a problem. Sounds like a PayPal glitch to me. PayPal is always happy to take my cash in lieu of a CC payment. image
  • i got through to amark yesterday from work. it took 2 hours on my iphone. my order number is higher than any others i have seen posted here but not by much. paypal says payment completed but in reality it is not. i had some cash in paypal with a bank account linked to paypal. the cash disappeared from paypal but the rest was NOT withdrawn from the bank account. i did get the confirmation email so i know i will get them. funny thing is within 5 minutes of getting this order placed i get another email alert on my phone. i open it up to see fidelitrade has accepted my order and passed it on to compliance processing for review. take a look at when i sent payment and when they received it. image so much for "express" mail.

Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time: January 10, 2011, 3:00 PM
    Class: Express Mail®

Your item was delivered at 1:36 pm on January 10, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE . The item was signed for by T FLOOD.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, January 10, 2011, 1:36 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19802
    Bullet Sorting Complete, January 10, 2011, 8:38 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19809
    Bullet Notice Left, January 08, 2011, 6:53 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19802
    Bullet Arrival at Post Office, January 08, 2011, 6:50 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19809
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 07, 2011, 11:17 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19850
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 07, 2011, 6:13 pm, STAMFORD, CT 06910
    Bullet Acceptance, January 07, 2011, 4:52 pm, DANBURY, CT 06810
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 06, 2011
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of the agreement may result in immediate unilateral termination of the firm as an AP of silver bullion coins. >>

Key word - "may"

Catch all, up to the discretion of the mint and I'll believe it when I see it, any current APs' privilege to bullion sales revoked. Stranger things have happened, though! image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PAYPAL does suck, let me share my experience so that you can feel my pain;

So first I send some cash from wife PayPal to my PayPal, enough to cover the set. After one 45 minutes waiting for the Amark server to process me, I get to the payment; well my payment was denied because they did not want the cash in the account they wanted a credit card. So I started my Que again and I added a credit card to my paypal account, at this point I am thinking, since I am going to pay with a credit card, why not refund the cash that I received from wife's account. I send cash back, log off my account and check wife's money was back so I was happy. Second time around, I am ready to pay; go to paypal and they refused to let me pay because the account was thirty cents on the red. I did not realize that when I refunded the money to wife, paypal was still going to charge me the 30 cent transaction fee. SO I had to log off, start the que again, log into paypal and I noticed that I was in fact 30 cents on the red. To solve the situation I decided to send the $1100 back from wife paypal into mine. Third time around to pay, I chose my newly added credit card and the payment went trough and purchase confirmed.

You might think at this point, great you did it and the worst is over right? Wrong... So I log into my paypal and I still see the money my wife sent me, Amark purchase was with credit card although there was enough cash in the account to cover the purchase. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to refund the money to wife minus the one dollar "that certainly would take care of the 30 cent fees" Well after I hit send to my surprise the Aholes did not send the cash that I had on the account, they decided to go into my checking account to refund the money. Are you friking kidding me " I am thinking".

So I call Paypal, sorry sir but the fees cause the cash on the account to be 30 cents under the refund and we cannot split a refund and do a partial refund between cash and another source card so we took it out of the checking account. So the kicker is that I seldom use this account, as luck would have it; the checking account listed had only $70 bucks in it. Call paypal again to cancel transaction "sorry once it is started we cannot cancel"... To make matters worst the account listed is from a bank in another state so it is not like I could go quick and put some money in it, so now I just have to wait for some nice over draft fees image

Sorry for the long post, just wanted you all to share my pain image >>

Your odyssey with PayPal does not compute. If there are existing funds in your PayPal account, even if you decide to pay by cc, PayPal will always grab those funds first, unless those funds are not yet available .. ie... a hold of some sort.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A-mark completed.

No e-mail from Fidelitrade. 10:30 Fedex >>

Kimber -- I was in the same situation, with the same FedEx delivery time. I called F-T and they had mis-inputted my email address, and therefore I didn't get the acknowledgment.

Shortly after my call, I got it. Then, today I got confirmation of order processing. I suggest calling them.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>Regarding UPS Insurance-
    Coins are excluded with the exception pennies and nickels, and except proof and mint sets of United States coins tendered by United States mints of a face value not to exceed $2.41. >>

With FedEx insurance is included up to $1,000. You have to declare the value at time of shipping.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Have sales of non A-mark and raw coins on eBay gone away? It seems like every coin up there now is NGC graded or a PCGS A-mark presale.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I checked, FedEx didn't cover coins or negotiable instruments. Has this changed?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>Last I checked, FedEx didn't cover coins or negotiable instruments. Has this changed? >>

Yes it has changed recently. It was not that way in the past. Can not exceed $1,000 in value though.

• << <i>Have sales of non A-mark and raw coins on eBay gone away? It seems like every coin up there now is NGC graded or a PCGS A-mark presale. >>

You're right....I haven't seen this many stock images since the APMEX preorder went through. Interesting. Maybe the inhanders all have their stuff out at the graders.

• << <i>

<< <i>PAYPAL does suck, let me share my experience so that you can feel my pain;

Sorry for the long post, just wanted you all to share my pain image >>

Your odyssey with PayPal does not compute. If there are existing funds in your PayPal account, even if you decide to pay by cc, PayPal will always grab those funds first, unless those funds are not yet available .. ie... a hold of some sort. >>

That has always been my experience, I just assumed that maybe A-mark required the use of a credit card. There was no hold of any kind, the balance showed as available funds on paypal screen. Trust me, I use paypal quite often "wife's account" and this was a first for me "at the worst possible time".
  • Duplicate

<< <i>Well, I've been expressing money all over the place and have yet to see an order confirmation.image >>

Express some money to me and I will confirm your order image

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    AMARK's terms and conditions stated they would take cert check or mo, and IN ADDITION PAYPAL (CC)

There was no other checkout option except for PAYPAL.

Didnt bother me - I used PAYPAL, but I know of others that were a little put off because they got to the payment screen and didnt have a PAYPAL acct.

AMARK didnt say ****PAYMENT ONLY THRU PAYPAL****
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I thought there was gonna be a problem with that. It said Credit Card payments Accepted through Paypal. You're correct that it didn't say only through Paypal, but on the other hand, it didn't say Credit Card Payments Accepted.
  • Who is the next AP to watch for any more sets?
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Apparently APMEX has indicated there will not be any more sets offered publicly; that their remaining inventory will be sold only to those on their wait (Alert Me) list. DG seems to be quietly selling to "Best Customers" only. CNT says 2nd Quarter, JHCB says "Get lost!", and who knows what Prudential is up to! And "overseeing" the whole mess is a governtmental agency called the US Mint! With the government's track record, why anyone would want to trust their healthcare to a governmental agency is beyond me, but that's another matter. (Sorry for the healthcare remark - couldn't resist!). image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Who is the next AP to watch for any more sets?

Keep your eye's open for the proof versions from the mint. everyone is going crazy because of the "super rare" low mintage of 33K for the uncs. The mintage for the proofs will be 27K and everyone who hasn't sold their uncs. by then will be sucking wind.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Do you really believe things will be any different for those? I guarantee we'll all be competing with thousands of others working for TV shopping channels, dealers, flippers and yes, probably a few AP's as well! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • FideliTrade update....

They Deposited My Check...
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep your eye's open for the proof versions from the mint >>

Uhhhh, just so nobody gets confused, they are not going to be proof versions. They will be "blasted" versions of the Uncs and struck from the same dies. The finish is supposed to be similar to the Medals that are issued by the mint.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file