Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Got mine too! 10:30am Fedex >>

I was in an earlier USPS delivery and have heard nothing...so I'm thinking there might also be another level of sorting going on...perhaps by last name...or zip code?!? But that's just a guess (and all things being equal, I still think everyone in that first day's batch of applications stands a very decent chance).
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I could almost hear them saying in their German language "My that American inflation is getting out of hand. Now they are going to need bigger pockets". >>

Good one! They do say 25 cents! image >>

If you think this is big, wait 'till you see the new half-dollars! >>

From "pucks" to "hub caps"?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got letter from PB which says confirmation so it looks like there getting closer. Did anyone else get thru the phone lines? I skipped fidetrade and went for PB instead. See the latest box from MTB sold for 2611. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Looks like MCM has some quantity now. Probably old news for the campers here.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<Got mine too! 10:30am Fedex >>

I was in an earlier USPS delivery and have heard nothing...so I'm thinking there might also be another level of sorting going on...perhaps by last name...or zip code?!? But that's just a guess (and all things being equal, I still think everyone in that first day's batch of applications stands a very decent chance). >>

Mine arrived the following Monday @ 8:30am via Priority mail and I just got my email as well!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I could almost hear them saying in their German language "My that American inflation is getting out of hand. Now they are going to need bigger pockets". >>

From "pucks" to "hub caps"? >>

For the spouses. You know, for the folks who want Jane Pierce in full size.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

From "pucks" to "hub caps"? >>

For the spouses. You know, for the folks who want Jane Pierce in full size. >>

Oh, you dig on ole Jane Pierce. Maybe Mr Waddams it is time for some new coke bottles. Of course I jest. I guy could have done worse.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like MCM has some quantity now. Probably old news for the campers here. >>

Entered in 999 on the NGC 69 set. "Cannot enter a quantity greater than 2."

Very limited quantities.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like MCM has some quantity now. Probably old news for the campers here. >>

Very limited quantities. >>

I guess the price tag is not exactly a barn burner. Maybe with a coupon you could do good.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Coinsponge - 2000 posts! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>
    Oh, you dig on ole Jane Pierce. Maybe Mr Waddams it is time for some new coke bottles. Of course I jest. I guy could have done worse. >>

Admittedly, it was a cheap shot.

Looks like MCM isn't a preferred customer....Coinsantiques they are not. My guess is that they are getting these legitimately.
  • Options

<< <i>Coinsponge - 2000 posts! image >>

Wow, I have gone on. Thanks for noticing. Of course I am just a babe compared to some on here.
  • Options

<< <i>

Very limited quantities. >>

They are selling them....If I remember correctly that was 8 available this AM....

8--69
    11-68
    14-BU

Numbers from this AM
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Too much money
  • Options
    Does anyone plan on making a pocket piece out of one of these? LOL

I ordered 1 set. I might keep it, I might sell it. I think either way I'll do OK because it is 25 ounces of silver and the mintage is low.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options

<< <i>Too much money >>

Did you just flip yours? image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Too much money >>

dont have one
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone plan on making a pocket piece out of one of these? LOL >>

In the NGC census, one got a 62. I think that one should be made into a pocket piece, just to remove it from the marketplace.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow, I have gone on. Thanks for noticing. Of course I am just a babe compared to some on here. >>

There's something about watching those little feet that just want to make you keep posting.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow, I have gone on. Thanks for noticing. Of course I am just a babe compared to some on here. >>

There's something about watching those little feet that just want to make you keep posting. >>

Is that so I will get moved to the previous page?image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Too much money >>

dont have one >>

Then buy one and you won't have too much money.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

There's something about watching those little feet that just want to make you keep posting. >>

Is that so I will get moved to the previous page?image >>

No, it's more of a hypnotic thing....

• Options
    Yes.....in fact I will give all of my pucks to the dancing sponge.....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, it's more of a hypnotic thing.... >>

Great. Didn't know it was that powerful. You are feeling sleepy. You want to sell your pucks to me for a dollar.

Is it working?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, it's more of a hypnotic thing.... >>

Great. Didn't know it was that powerful. You are feeling sleepy. You want to sell your pucks to me for a dollar.

Is it working? >>

....no....I want to give them to you for 50 cents.....
  • Options

<< <i>Yes.....in fact I will give all of my pucks to the dancing sponge..... >>

Why didn't I get this avatar earlier? Would have been great for the reverse proofs.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In the NGC census, one got a 62. I think that one should be made into a pocket piece, just to remove it from the marketplace >>

I think if I get a 62 I'm going to try to bend it by hand
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering...and I've got to ask...

In a limited quantity mintage, using the same dies and equipment and produced under the same conditions, how do you generate coins swinging between a 62 and a 69...short of dropping the 62 on the floor and kicking it around a bit? Could a puck actually have been dinged up that badly accidentally?

Just asking?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many here have received their sets from MTB?

My check cleared my bank last Friday, so I called yesterday to try to find out as to when they will ship.

I was told that my personal check takes 3 weeks to clear. The man on the phone said about the 28th of the month.
    They guy would not give any further explanation, he would only complain that they are to busy etc. etc.

My sales person has not responded to either a telephone message I left or an email for two days now.

Whats your experience with MTB? All I would like is a reasonable explanation from someone there without the
    attitude that I am bothering them and wasting their time. >>

I'm sure that you're fine w/MTB. Some of their sales folks are not much into communication. Both I and some colleagues who ordered received absolutely no communication whatsoever from them yet the coins did arrive. In fact, the coins were well packaged and apparently very well handled. No worries, your coins will arrive - you just may not hear from them at all prior to that. One of my colleagues called today and was told that his were shipping today.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>The 17 day hold on personal checks was in the MTB ordering instructions.

I shoulda gone with a postal money order! >>

My bank- and I'm sure many others - will write a bank check for free. This is how I paid MTB and there was no delay nor hold. They shipped mine w/the first batch shipped.
  • Options

<< <i>Just wondering...and I've got to ask...

In a limited quantity mintage, using the same dies and equipment and produced under the same conditions, how do you generate coins swinging between a 62 and a 69...short of dropping the 62 on the floor and kicking it around a bit? Could a puck actually have been dinged up that badly accidentally?

Just asking? >>

That is highly classified. Only the President knows.
  • Options

<< <i>

Should have wired the money, for the extra 25 bucks it cost me already got the set. I think if more people knew by wiring it was going to be faster they would have. Best 25 bucks i ever spent. Now PB is the same with the checks and after they accept your order you than have to pay another 50 bucks to get the set shipped from there depository so i figure another 4 weeks for them. image >>

Who is PB - do you mean PBGS, The Mint's contractor for Mint orders?
  • Options
    My Paypal payment for A-Mark just went through.

Date: Jan 20, 2011
    Time: 12:42:59 PST
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

segoja is a forum member. I've done BST transactions with him. Very nice guy. He's in Illinois so we can probably guess where he got his sets. >>

Yep, good to be one of GC's "real customers". >>

Hey, I'm sure GC charged their "real customers double", so you have to take that into account... >>

<< <i>I see that after getting over $5K for his/her NGC ER 69 set, segoja has another one up. It looks like he/she has a nice supply. I not that the item location is Chicago, IL. Now this GC friend is REALLY doing well. I wonder how many 69 ER sets he/she has. At around $4K profit/set, not bad indeed. It's amazing how virtually everyone on Ebay w/numerous sets seems to go back to GC. The Mint could care less...

I wonder whether segoja will be the coinsantiques of the NGC 69ER sets w/a massive supply. >>

My first post. Love all the insights/ knowledge sharing/ theories. Apologies if this post has already been addressed, but I've been playing catch-up. I believe this seller is James Sego of JMS Coins in Naperville, IL. He was at the GC on January 3, and while not as obnoxius as the guy who hired approx 40 folks from Manpower, he was actively trying to hoard additional sets from flippers in the line. I believe he was at least able to secure 20 additional sets, probably more. He went to the FUN show the next day and apparently got all of his sets graded by NGC. There are pictures of him and his son in a CW article with all the sets. By the looks of it he scored even more than 20 at the GC. He was offering $2k/ set to those in line at the GC. A nice profit indeed. He was not a "real customer" from what I gathered. >>

WELCOME!!! Fantastic first post!! That would seem to clear this up. GC MUST GO! If The Mint does not eliminate GC from the AP program they're just totally incompetent.
  • Options
    My PayPal status to A-mark went to completed (12:53:06 PST today).
    Successful BST Transactions with several members.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    My paypal acct seems to have updated for Amark -

Jan 18, 2011 Authorization To A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. Completed Details -$974.33 USD
  • Options

<< <i>the great information here brings out another lurker, to post.

I sent a couple questions oo the Dillion Gage auction lister. He stated he is a long time customer. I asked how they were packaged (sleeves, airtites, etc, but he didn't know (sealed box) which I thought was odd, since he had to buy them.

Anyway, it kind of confirms that DG is selling (or gifting) these to loyal customers. My question is: if they stay to the 1 per HH, with internal customers, does it break the Mint directive? >>

WELCOME!!!

It absolutely IS IN DRIECT VIOLATION OF THE MINT'S AP AGREEMENT FOR PUCKS TO SELL MORE THAN ONE/HH. The Gold Center (GC) blatentely violated this w/bulk dealer sales. In an article linked to many times in this thread, the GC owner nearly said as much. The Mint did absolutely nothing. As many of us feared, it looks like other APs are taking note of this and may be doing the same. Pathetic. The Mint has been spoon fed the GC info yet does nothing.

(Sorry if some of this has been said prior. I responded to some posts w/o catching up on some of the new ones.)
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My paypal acct seems to have updated for Amark -

Jan 18, 2011 Authorization To A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. Completed Details -$974.33 USD >>

Same here. Looks like A-Mark got $903.86 per sale after Paypal fees
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Should have wired the money, for the extra 25 bucks it cost me already got the set. I think if more people knew by wiring it was going to be faster they would have. Best 25 bucks i ever spent. Now PB is the same with the checks and after they accept your order you than have to pay another 50 bucks to get the set shipped from there depository so i figure another 4 weeks for them. image >>

Who is PB - do you mean PBGS, The Mint's contractor for Mint orders? >>

Nope P B Financial services it was one of the nine ap's only could order thru there phone line between 9 and 11 eastern time. 1-212-778-6667 don't know if there still taking orders. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

My bank- and I'm sure many others - will write a bank check for free. This is how I paid MTB and there was no delay nor hold. They shipped mine w/the first batch shipped. >>

you received your MTBs already?

I've not heard a word and they had money in my account!

What time did you order?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My paypal acct seems to have updated for Amark -

Jan 18, 2011 Authorization To A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. Completed Details -$974.33 USD >>

Same here. Looks like A-Mark got $903.86 per sale after Paypal fees >>

Wow, what order number were you all? I'm waiting on pins and needles for confirmations from Fidelitrade and A-Mark!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My Paypal payment for A-Mark just went through.

Date: Jan 20, 2011
    Time: 12:42:59 PST

Same here.

Joe
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>[ >>

WELCOME!!! Fantastic first post!! That would seem to clear this up. GC MUST GO! If The Mint does not eliminate GC from the AP program they're just totally incompetent. >>

And your point would be? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    --Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated
  • Options
    OMG, lookout, I'm on a roll Ftrade, just accepted my order. Two for two today!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, what order number were you all? I'm waiting on pins and needles for confirmations from Fidelitrade and A-Mark! >>

63X.

Check your paypal acct, should show Amark activity.

No email from Amark. Yet.
  • Options

<< <i>you received your MTBs already?

What time did you order? >>

I know you ordered well before me MsM, since you gave me the info of how to purchase.

I paid with a bank check and I received mine Monday.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>you received your MTBs already?
    What time did you order? >>

You might be able to try calling them on Friday.
  • Options
    WooHoo!

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I will set it up

Joe

oooops too late

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file