Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One per household, you're correct. All I'm saying is that, IMHO, for anyone to think that *some* type of cross-referencing is NOT going on......I think is very short-sighted bordering on almost reckless. >>

Reckless? What, exactly, is my downside risk? Not getting a set from A-Mark because I received a set from FiedeliTrade or MTB or APMEX? Then I get my money back and I am out some time on their website and/or a 44 cent stamp. Upside? Have a set of pucks that have a market value greater than my cost. Really don't see the downside
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to get mine. It's a win-win situation for me. Say the premium stays high. Awesome, I'll flip them for a nice profit that will help me a lot (I'm a college student, after all! If I think I can make more by having them graded I'll do that.

If the premium drops, I'll just keep them as a cool investment. I doubt my copy stand is tall enough to get good images with my 150mm Sigma lens though!! lol

-Paul

• << <i>One per household, you're correct. All I'm saying is that, IMHO, for anyone to think that *some* type of cross-referencing is NOT going on......I think is very short-sighted bordering on almost reckless.

Reckless? What, exactly, is my downside risk? Not getting a set from A-Mark because I received a set from FiedeliTrade or MTB or APMEX? Then I get my money back and I am out some time on their website and/or a 44 cent stamp. Upside? Have a set of pucks that have a market value greater than my cost. Really don't see the downside >>

The cross-referencing probably means that if a person puts in 2+ orders with a small change to their address (eg. changing the suffix from rd to road) from the same AP it would be considered short-sighted and almost reckless. The AP's can probably scrap both orders because of this.
  • Out of interest, with regards to APMEX and their 'Alert Me' system, someone mentioned earlier about those being first on the Alert Me list will get first option to buy...can we take a quick survey to see when everyone set their Alert Me?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Out of interest, with regards to APMEX and their 'Alert Me' system, someone mentioned earlier about those being first on the Alert Me list will get first option to buy...can we take a quick survey to see when everyone set their Alert Me? >>

This email confirms that your APMEX AlertMe!℠ for:
    2010 5 oz America the Beautiful 5 Coin Sets - Uncirculated
    is now active as of Dec 9 2010.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    My alertme was 11/10
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine were 7/12/2010

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine were 7/12/2010

I think that the individual alertmes (from before the offering of the 5-coin set) were all deleted. At any rate, they aren't there now.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • APMEX alert for individual coins: 12/3
    ... for the set: 12/9

I'm assuming APMEX will be using the alert for the set.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    6/27/2010 for the individual coins and 12/10/2010 for the set
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    APMEX alert for me was requested on 12/09/10
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

8/4 SINGLES AND 12/16 FOR THE SET.

I am at the end for set alerts.

But I have a set from A-Mark coming, so I am good to go.

Joe
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>mine were 7/12/2010

I think that the individual alertmes (from before the offering of the 5-coin set) were all deleted. At any rate, they aren't there now. >>

my individual alertmes are still there.

I also have a set alertme from 12/6 image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mine were 7/12/2010

I think that the individual alertmes (from before the offering of the 5-coin set) were all deleted. At any rate, they aren't there now. >>

That would make sense.

It seems:
    Everyone was alerted.
    Coins went on sale.
    Coins sold out.
    New alert came up, alert me when more coins go on sale.
    Wait.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>8/4 SINGLES AND 12/16 FOR THE SET.

Joe >>

And, it only took 101 minutes image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• MTB Sealed Box Sold for $4,000
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>8/4 SINGLES AND 12/16 FOR THE SET.

Joe >>

And, it only took 101 minutes image
    image >>

• APMEX AlertMe for this set: 12/09/2010.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>update from ampex i was told they only have 2000 left to sell they have over 15,000 alert me they are going to go thru the list by first in so if u didnt get in pretty quick with them dont plan to get one .....by far a-mark was very fair and i am very happy they are slabbed i would hope they are very high grade but ...not going to complain either way just glad to have them >>

bogus. >>

'Splain please, Ms. M.? >>

Interesting. Apmex gets what... 3700 sets? They distribute one set per HH to the first 1000 pre-sale sets which equals what... 380 sets? Apmex is then left with 3320 sets right? So where did the other 1320 sets disappear to?
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Unlike yesterday, it didn't take too long to read todays puck-mania! Always a good read though! imageimage
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ampex alert 12/5 set but have not decided to buy or not, they have had a long time to do any cherry picking which kinda worries me. Moon MOney For the sealed boxes from MTB Who"s Next image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unopened MTB box brought $4K!!!!!

An unopened set went w/o bidders yesterday w/a starting bid of about $2200. Does anyone understand this???

Read the ad for the $4K set - what do you think? Is this a forum member??

Other ads still say that 2010 is unique in that no furture issues will be 3", which we all know is false.

$4K for an MTB set. WOW.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

• << <i>

<< <i>NEW FROM FIDELITRADE.... JUST RECEIVED (my package was overnighted - arrived FedEx 8:29AM)

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated >>

Awesome. How'd you get delivered before the 10:30 barage? >>

I just got the same FedeliTrade email. My FedEx First Overnight arrived at 8:27am.

FedEx - when it absolutely, positively needs to get there first !!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>(i'm new to posting... long time reader of this board dating back to spouse hoopla in 07...)

UPDATE

Fidelitrade... spoke with them today, they will send emails out in the next day or two to the first batch of orders. They will deposit checks, and depending on clearing time will ship fedex saver on Tue following clearing of check. (aprox 10 b-days)

A-Mark ( - special tel number for "customer service" - 310.319.0388.) Spoke with them, the girl (Bianca) said the coins are all at PCGS now being slabbed, - all coins will be slabbed the same way (she didn't know much about grading/BU/FS etc.) she said, that they don't know yet who/how they'll ship, but that if you got an email with a order number - you're good to go - and that they will follow up in 2 weeks with status and more shipping details. >>

Nice update, thanks! image >>

How much will that slow down slabbing of non-A Mark coins?

<< <i>(i'm new to posting... long time reader of this board dating back to spouse hoopla in 07...)

UPDATE

Fidelitrade... spoke with them today, they will send emails out in the next day or two to the first batch of orders. They will deposit checks, and depending on clearing time will ship fedex saver on Tue following clearing of check. (aprox 10 b-days)

A-Mark ( - special tel number for "customer service" - 310.319.0388.) Spoke with them, the girl (Bianca) said the coins are all at PCGS now being slabbed, - all coins will be slabbed the same way (she didn't know much about grading/BU/FS etc.) she said, that they don't know yet who/how they'll ship, but that if you got an email with a order number - you're good to go - and that they will follow up in 2 weeks with status and more shipping details. >>

WELCOME!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>it REALLY REALLY sucks that Dillon Gage has sold NONE to the public but they are selling them on ebay. That is as bad as GC >>

Link?

I wonder if the folks who Fed-Ex'd their stuff to FTrade somehow got preference over the UPS deliveries. Looks FTrade has a business arrangement with FedEx. Maybe FedEx delivered earlier. >>

FedEx First am delivery (or whatever it's called). I didn't use it because they can deliver as early as 06:30 and if no sig. they come back later. A forum member who works for FedEx said that you can forgo the sig. I didn't know that. FedEx Priority ON delivered at about 10:20.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>it REALLY REALLY sucks that Dillon Gage has sold NONE to the public but they are selling them on ebay. That is as bad as GC >>

Link?

US $3,500.00 - Buy It Now.

This is a SEALED UNOPENED full 5 coin set of the America the Beautiful
    5 oz silver coins from Dillon Gage.
    I have this set in hand - This is not a pre-sale!
    This is the ONLY SEALED Set I have seen on ebay That is NOT OPEN.
    It's always best to buy a set that is IN-HAND!
    There are no guarantees for pre-sale sets
    You can pay less for an opened set.
    THIS IS A SEALED Un-Opened, PRISTINE SET! NO HANDS HAVE TOUCHED IT!
    NO Waiting! NO Wondering! Get it now!

>>

Thanks for the link as I reported the "borrowing" of my picture from my auction, along my text (nearly verbatim), to ebay.

Closed BIN Auction.

Miles >>

Hi Miles!

I thought that your incredible record for a sealed set would hold. $4K for an MTB set (as above) just unreal.
    Yeah, you gotta love the kinetic energy behind this issue Raufus!

It is gratifying to see so many board members get their sets in singles and duplicates!

Miles

$4000 Set.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>Yeah, you gotta love the kinetic energy behind this issue Raufus!

It is so greatifying to see so many board mebers get their sets in singles and duplicates!

Miles >>

Well stated Miles!!

Another sealed MTB set went for $2866 on the 17th. The wildly erratic prices on these sets is just amazing. They're just so inconsistent.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is really buying these on the 'bay? Any shill bidding disguised? I am suspicious - who really wants an MS69 set NGC @4500?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    People w/money who don't want to go through all of the effort/B.S. necessary to get multiple sets and grade them so as to get a complete 69 set.

<< <i>Out of interest, with regards to APMEX and their 'Alert Me' system, someone mentioned earlier about those being first on the Alert Me list will get first option to buy...can we take a quick survey to see when everyone set their Alert Me? >>

6/28 and then 12/1
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who is really buying these on the 'bay? Any shill bidding disguised? I am suspicious - who really wants an MS69 set NGC @4500? >>

Probably someone who will, one day, wish they hadn't of.
  • You know...I got to thinking today...

I'm still worried that AMark isn't being completely honest. But I bet PCGS gave them one HELL of a deal. Maybe even slabbed these for free. Why? A large number of people are going to want to get them graded--they're not going to be happy with the choice unc status. So who will they send them back to? PCGS. Not NGC, because PCGS already has their FS designation on it and you won't have to pay for the FS again, right?

In doing this for AMark, PCGS is putting their name on 15,000 coins, some of which may end up back with them to get a real grade. Not too shabby.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

<< <i>

<< <i>Who is really buying these on the 'bay? Any shill bidding disguised? I am suspicious - who really wants an MS69 set NGC @4500? >>

Probably someone who will, one day, wish they hadn't of. >>

Same for the $4K MTB set. Unreal.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know...I got to thinking today...

I'm still worried that AMark isn't being completely honest. But I bet PCGS gave them one HELL of a deal. Maybe even slabbed these for free. Why? A large number of people are going to want to get them graded--they're not going to be happy with the choice unc status. So who will they send them back to? PCGS. Not NGC, because PCGS already has their FS designation on it and you won't have to pay for the FS again, right?

In doing this for AMark, PCGS is putting their name on 15,000 coins, some of which may end up back with them to get a real grade. Not too shabby. >>

You are right, very smart.

It's too bad they also have to be so expensive. I mean what $25 extra per coin, 200 something for the set.............greedy.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>Yeah, you gotta love the kinetic energy behind this issue Raufus!

It is so greatifying to see so many board mebers get their sets in singles and duplicates!

Miles >>

Well stated Miles!!

Another sealed MTB set went for $2866 on the 17th. The wildly erratic prices on these sets is just amazing. They're just so inconsistent. >>

It's absolutely insane. Things are changing daily. But with the fast sellout with AMark and given that it will probably be a few more weeks till more pucks arrive...through the legitimate channels anyway, that probably pushed that set over the top. Especially if there's a chance someone could score 69s and beat the Amark/FTrade rush.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link?

US $3,500.00 - Buy It Now.

This is a SEALED UNOPENED full 5 coin set of the America the Beautiful
    5 oz silver coins from Dillon Gage.
    I have this set in hand - This is not a pre-sale!
    This is the ONLY SEALED Set I have seen on ebay That is NOT OPEN.
    It's always best to buy a set that is IN-HAND!
    There are no guarantees for pre-sale sets
    You can pay less for an opened set.
    THIS IS A SEALED Un-Opened, PRISTINE SET! NO HANDS HAVE TOUCHED IT!
    NO Waiting! NO Wondering! Get it now!

>>

Thanks for the link as I reported the "borrowing" of my picture from my auction, along my text (nearly verbatim), to ebay.

Closed BIN Auction.

Miles >>

Miles, sweet sale. Curious how you shipped - its a little vague in the auction
  • What about the NGC Early Releases? This guy got pwned on the grading from NGC - not sure where the MS-69 auto grade nonsense came from for NGC

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beautiful-5-pc-set-NGC-Early-Release-/110637018660?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item19c27aee24
    Registered USPS.....

I don't see where ebay allows the use of registered as a shipping option and I don't want buyers to be misled on shipping time as registered is typically the slowest.

So I list the longest time to deliver "4-13 bussiness days" with the knowledge for the buyer that I am using the best/most secure option.

In this case, it took about a week to arrive for the buyer.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Guys.....

Sit back and think about this a while.

If you werent flipping these, who in the h&ll would buy these goofy looking discs for 2000+

Insane.

95% of those posting to this thread are in it for the flip. Not condemning you at all, more power to you. I do the same.

But you've got to also think that 50% or more of the buyers from AMARk yesterday probably dont even know what they bought.

Just like the black coat/black hat guys outside MTB
  • According to Google Maps, it is a 45 minute drive from Royse City, TX, where that ebay seller is from, and Dillon Gage...
  • To my surprise I received a call today from MTB, I had given up on them as they never replied to my email.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To my surprise I received a call today from MTB, I had given up on them as they never replied to my email. >>

What did they say?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>To my surprise I received a call today from MTB, I had given up on them as they never replied to my email. >>

What did they say? >>

I got a call too! He offered me a set but I turned it down because of my A-mark order and possible FideliTrade order. I probably should have taken it though and sold it since it would have arrived earlier than the others if paid by bank wire.

• << <i>Registered USPS.....

I don't see where ebay allows the use of registered as a shipping option and I don't want buyers to be misled on shipping time as registered is typically the slowest.

So I list the longest time to deliver "4-13 bussiness days" with the knowledge for the buyer that I am using the best/most secure option.

In this case, it took about a week to arrive for the buyer.

Miles >>

Miles, question, did u ship your set USPS registered? I did not know Ebay does not have a tab for usps registered mail. I have never used it as I am hesitant to sell big ticket coins on ebay. I have been told registered is the safest way to ship, but I also thought usps would not insure bullion coins?
  • They asked if I was still interested on a set.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    But you've got to also think that 50% or more of the buyers from AMARk yesterday probably dont even know what they bought.

Isn't that like a typical day at Walmart?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file