Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>First time poster here. Great deal of information on this site. I was order # 17** from amark yesterday. Why is my payment "pending" in paypal? This was mentioned earlier, but not answered. Thanks. >>

my guess is everyone's payment is pending.

can't guess why. >>

My guess is that they can't accept the payment until they actually ship. That's how most companies operate. Apmex charged immediately because they were planning on shipping right away. >>

My guess is that they just opened a PayPal account and they will have their funds on hold as everyone else at the beginning.
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>First time poster here. Great deal of information on this site. I was order # 17** from amark yesterday. Why is my payment "pending" in paypal? This was mentioned earlier, but not answered. Thanks. >>

can't guess why. >>

Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I would think they did it as a matter of convenience, however the numbers don't add up.

26xx orders
    + 250 on the wait list
    that's 2850 - 2900

2900 < 3000 (or 3600+ which is what 33,000/9 is)

Where are the rest? >>

I think they are going to have more than 250 available next tuesday as they must have stopped selling a little early to give themselves a little breathing room. They know they can sell the remainder easily. >>

The highest order number I could find from another forum was in the 270X+ range. Based on the numbers toward the end the were hitting approx 300 orders every 10 minutes or approx 30 per minute. Figuring 260X with an out of stock notice within approx 3/4 minutes + 90/120 to go would put them close to 2,750ish. Seems like a reasonable cutoff #, 2750 +250=3K. How many did they reportedly have?

Looks like a few (0) feedback newbies trying to flip these with presales will likely get burned. Presales are supposed to ship within 30 days or buyer gets a refund. That coupled with a likely flood will only further irritate a buyer if prices dip for those with actual in hands... >>

Not to mention the "Secret Squadron" on Ebay who is reportedly turning all "over 30 day to delivery presales," in as violations.
  • Options

<< <i><<So RichR when the news hits will the prices go higher or lower? >>

First off, I'm sure the news will cause an absolute frenzy (as compared to that tea and crumpets party we had yesterday!) if and when the remaining APs get off their tails.

And assuming stupid people stop selling large blocks of them to anyone with a pulse, I'm thinking that the prices should stabilize and probably rise (I also think we might have already seen most of the wholesale dumping of large lots...which would also be a price-positive development).

And finally, I suspect the Mint might let the dust settle a bit before offering their "special" version. If for nothing other than not wanting to closely overlap the AP sales too closely, which wouldn't be very nice. >>

According to the Deputy Director of the Mint, in the latest Coin World, while a schedule of coin production/releases has been made for 2011.....NO production time has yet been discussed, or scheduled, for 2011 pucks.
  • Options

<< <i>update from ampex i was told they only have 2000 left to sell they have over 15,000 alert me they are going to go thru the list by first in so if u didnt get in pretty quick with them dont plan to get one .....by far a-mark was very fair and i am very happy they are slabbed i would hope they are very high grade but ...not going to complain either way just glad to have them >>

Now that's a positive attitude and a sign of a non-flipper. Great on you, mate!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

can't guess why. >>

Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated. >>

Give me a break where do you come up with this crap? You are so talking out of your azz.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>update from ampex i was told they only have 2000 left to sell they have over 15,000 alert me they are going to go thru the list by first in so if u didnt get in pretty quick with them dont plan to get one .....by far a-mark was very fair and i am very happy they are slabbed i would hope they are very high grade but ...not going to complain either way just glad to have them >>

bogus. >>

'Splain please, Ms. M.?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

can't guess why. >>

Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated. >>

Give me a break where do you come up with this crap? You are so talking out of your azz. >>

Don't bet your mortgage that I'm wrong. The system may have some verification checks in it that the public is not aware.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

can't guess why. >>

My guess is that they can't accept the payment until they actually ship. That's how most companies operate. Apmex charged immediately because they were planning on shipping right away. >>

My guess is that they just opened a PayPal account and they will have their funds on hold as everyone else at the beginning. >>

When this happens, doesn't paypal charge the card in question, and then hold the funds themselves?
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated

Give me a break where do you come up with this crap? You are so talking out of your azz.

Don't bet your mortgage that I'm wrong. The system may have some verification checks in it that the public is not aware. >>

The rule is one per household, not one per IP, so that isn't an issue. As for cross checking with other AP's, that also isn't going to happen. Customer information is valuable and isn't shared with competitors. The Ap's would be in court in a heartbeat if the Mint forced the sharing of customer information. That, and do you really think the Gold Center is paying some data entry clerk to input all the information off the DL's they copied?

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

can't guess why. >>

My guess is that they just opened a PayPal account and they will have their funds on hold as everyone else at the beginning. >>

When this happens, doesn't paypal charge the card in question, and then hold the funds themselves? >>

When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in a pending balance for up to 21 days to help make sure that there are funds in the seller's account to cover potential refunds or claims. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and customers are satisfied.

While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw. If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance, even while the funds are held.*

If payments on your account are held, we'll notify you. PayPal will re-evaluate your account every 35 days and decide whether or not to continue holding payments. If we decide to stop holding future payments, we'll contact you.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

bogus. >>

'Splain please, Ms. M.? >>

everyone needs a fair shot at these.

just open up the order page again and let everyone have at it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

can't guess why. >>

When this happens, doesn't paypal charge the card in question, and then hold the funds themselves? >>

Yep, good for Paypal huh, free money they can do whatever they want with, neither buyer nor seller has the money at the moment. I'm guessing everything is in a pending state, given the volume of activity this would get flagged and PP is investigating for fraud. I'm assuming that Amark is working with PP to get the pending removed and the money delivered to them.
  • Options
    (i'm new to posting... long time reader of this board dating back to spouse hoopla in 07...)

UPDATE

Fidelitrade... spoke with them today, they will send emails out in the next day or two to the first batch of orders. They will deposit checks, and depending on clearing time will ship fedex saver on Tue following clearing of check. (aprox 10 b-days)

A-Mark ( - special tel number for "customer service" - 310.319.0388.) Spoke with them, the girl (Bianca) said the coins are all at PCGS now being slabbed, - all coins will be slabbed the same way (she didn't know much about grading/BU/FS etc.) she said, that they don't know yet who/how they'll ship, but that if you got an email with a order number - you're good to go - and that they will follow up in 2 weeks with status and more shipping details.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(i'm new to posting... long time reader of this board dating back to spouse hoopla in 07...)

UPDATE

Fidelitrade... spoke with them today, they will send emails out in the next day or two to the first batch of orders. They will deposit checks, and depending on clearing time will ship fedex saver on Tue following clearing of check. (aprox 10 b-days)

A-Mark ( - special tel number for "customer service" - 310.319.0388.) Spoke with them, the girl (Bianca) said the coins are all at PCGS now being slabbed, - all coins will be slabbed the same way (she didn't know much about grading/BU/FS etc.) she said, that they don't know yet who/how they'll ship, but that if you got an email with a order number - you're good to go - and that they will follow up in 2 weeks with status and more shipping details. >>

Nice update, thanks! image
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated Give me a break where do you come up with this crap? You are so talking out of your azz. Don't bet your mortgage that I'm wrong. The system may have some verification checks in it that the public is not aware. >> >>

Can we just drop this zombie line of thought? It's been beaten to death so many times it's ridiculous. How many times do we have to beat you upside the head with virtual 2x4s until you get it???

Nowhere, I repeat, NOWHERE in any of the legislation or mint rules is it specified that there is a BUYING limit per household. There is a HUGE difference between a one per/HH selling limit and how many sets a household may buy from various sources. Extrapolating your line of thought, I can't purchase another set on Ebay if I wanted to. The legal ramifications of your line of thought are so profound it is beyond comprehension (privacy laws, holding of money, etc). Sure, each AP will check that they don't sell more than one set to a given household, but that's it. End of story. I can't wait until we start getting deliveries to members on this board so that this can finally be put to bed.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><< Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated Give me a break where do you come up with this crap? You are so talking out of your azz. Don't bet your mortgage that I'm wrong. The system may have some verification checks in it that the public is not aware. >> The rule is one per household, not one per IP, so that isn't an issue. As for cross checking with other AP's, that also isn't going to happen. Customer information is valuable and isn't shared with competitors. The Ap's would be in court in a heartbeat if the Mint forced the sharing of customer information. That, and do you really think the Gold Center is paying some data entry clerk to input all the information off the DL's they copied? >>

Can we just drop this zombie line of thought? It's been beaten to death so many times it's ridiculous. How many times do we have to beat you upside the head with virtual 2x4s until you get it???

Nowhere, I repeat, NOWHERE in any of the legislation or mint rules is it specified that there is a BUYING limit per household. There is a HUGE difference between a one per/HH selling limit and how many sets a household may buy from various sources. Extrapolating your line of thought, I can't purchase another set on Ebay if I wanted to. The legal ramifications of your line of thought are so profound it is beyond comprehension (privacy laws, holding of money, etc). Sure, each AP will check that they don't sell more than one set to a given household, but that's it. End of story. I can't wait until we start getting deliveries to members on this board so that this can finally be put to bed. >>

mbogoman... THANK YOU for stopping the madness here! People LOVE to invent storylines in their heads that suit their needs. You are and have been 100% correct!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>(i'm new to posting... long time reader of this board dating back to spouse hoopla in 07...)

UPDATE

A-Mark ( - special tel number for "customer service" - 310.319.0388.) Spoke with them, the girl (Bianca) said the coins are all at PCGS now being slabbed, - all coins will be slabbed the same way (she didn't know much about grading/BU/FS etc.) she said, that they don't know yet who/how they'll ship, but that if you got an email with a order number - you're good to go - and that they will follow up in 2 weeks with status and more shipping details. >>

Great first post, ahrelep. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

UPDATE

Great first post, ahrelep. image >>

I'll second that!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Hi,so far I have got one from Apmex and one from MTB. A few coins from MTB looked like NGC 70s to me,except one that was floating in box from not being in a capsule .The ones from Apmex looked rough.Like true used hockey pucks.Funny thing was when I called Apmex about them one time I called them hockey pucks and thats what I got.Laters
  • Options
    mbogoman - You are taking all of the fun away from those trying to make the people who purchased (or are attempting to purchase) multiple sets paranoid! (just kidding of course)

I was just amazed that this thread was quiet for 20 minutes!

So did anyone else notice that their PayPal address is showing unconfirmed after being confirmed for years? I read a little in PayPal's forum about this and it appears to be a problem since last June.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options

<< <i>How any of you could complain about A-Mark is incredible.

The only dealer so far to give you a secure, fast and efficient way to get a set without faxed copies of DLs , patriot act spy forms, personal check in limbo.

And slabbed to boot! (shockingly enough...some have found something they don't like about that either!)

Warbling nancies.. you be-clown yourselves.
    >>

From the bleachers, it looks like they were the fairest yet. But I'm not going to sit around and praise them for the great job they did when they haven't released the coins and there are some questionable numbers. I'll give them a grade when it's all said and done.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Thank you all for the nice comments and welcome ::: Takes Bow :::

Just to follow up on the A-Mark conversation from earlier (some time yesterday (maybe 20 pages back :-) ))...
    I do not think for a second that the A-Mark coins were cherry picked... wouldnt make any sense to me.

On another note. Was there a clear consensus to where to grade coins - KEY - for better resale value? NGC or PCGS?
    (obviously to me as a collector, PCGS grades hold so much more value.)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i><<So... give an estimate of the price upon the news breaking.... I say $3k >>

What do you think this is...a casino?!?

For the A-Mark slabs, I'm thinking a very solid $2,500-$2,600 and possibly approaching $3,000 during the initial news spike (and ultimately settling back to around $2,700).

For raw coins, who knows...maybe $2,300+ per set.

However, this all assumes that some joker doesn't decide to unload 50 BU slabbed sets at one time...and the Mint doesn't jolt everyone with a larger quantity of the special versions than originally announced. >>

I see these selling at $1200. You seriously think that when 1000+ hit eBay they are going to rise in price? I think not. I bet flippers bought 80%+ of yesterdays offering and will dump them like yesterdays newspaper when they finally get them. >>

Supply and demand.....for flippers every new set that hits the market is another step towards knocking their flip profit almost to the cost of the set from the Mint. It can't happen soon enough.
  • Options

<< <i>Thank you all for the nice comments and welcome ::: Takes Bow :::

Just to follow up on the A-Mark conversation from earlier (some time yesterday (maybe 20 pages back :-) ))...
    I do not think for a second that the A-Mark coins were cherry picked... wouldnt make any sense to me.

On another note. Was there a clear consensus to where to grade coins - KEY - for better resale value? NGC or PCGS?
    (obviously to me as a collector, PCGS grades hold so much more value.) >>

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the update above!

I would say it's complicated. For a while, it seems like it NGC was handing out a large number of 69s because that's what was showing up. However, many here think that early glut of NGC 69s were the result of cherrypicking and that the population won't really be that high when more are graded. NGC 69s are doing quite well on the bay and a complete set of PCGS 69s would do even better. People are seeing these as the de facto 70 because no 70s have yet to be reported. And there might not be any 70s until the numismatic versions are released. The other thing to consider is the first strike/early release designation. I think the window for NGC ER is about to close and PCGS is going to allow all to be FS.
  • Options
    Update on Dillon Gage.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    At this point we are unable to accept names or take orders for these coins. If more information becomes available, we will post it on this website. No phone calls, please.

Thank you for your understanding.

---- I Called today and spoke with one of their traders (Andrew)... Although not taking NEW names... the original list is still in effect. and he said they haven't contacted anyone yet, and when the coins are ready to ship, they will start at the top of the list. NO TIME TABLE or estimate.
  • Options

<< <i>Based on all the latest back and forth...am I assume to anything sub 69 is now considered inferior? Are 67s & 68s now considered toxic ATBs?

If so, we've sure come a long way from just a couple of weeks ago of simply wanting to get our hands on ANY coins! >>

You're describing the difference between collectors and freakin flippers.
  • Options
    NEW FROM FIDELITRADE.... JUST RECEIVED (my package was overnighted - arrived FedEx 8:29AM)

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive.
    The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

Again, thank you for your business.
    FideliTrade Incorporated
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Double, and cross, checking addresses and past purchases from other AP's, also checking whether the IP was used more than once yesterday as well as a master IP list from the other IP's that they may be sharing now that a "database" has been able to begin to be accumulated

Don't bet your mortgage that I'm wrong. The system may have some verification checks in it that the public is not aware. >>

The rule is one per household, not one per IP, so that isn't an issue. As for cross checking with other AP's, that also isn't going to happen. Customer information is valuable and isn't shared with competitors. The Ap's would be in court in a heartbeat if the Mint forced the sharing of customer information. That, and do you really think the Gold Center is paying some data entry clerk to input all the information off the DL's they copied? >>

IP's provide a "heads up" at least as to the potential for a same address. Zip code purchases are an easy way to run a cross-check. As for data inputers, it's a simple matter for the first AP to have an Excel file that could be emailed and then simply cross-matched via a few simple lines of code, instructing it to be done by another AP's Excel list.

One per household, you're correct. All I'm saying is that, IMHO, for anyone to think that *some* type of cross-referencing is NOT going on......I think is very short-sighted bordering on almost reckless.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

bogus. >>

just open up the order page again and let everyone have at it. >>

Understand, but don't you think they are cross-checking their want list against the list of those who already purchased through them so that "one-timers" will get first crack and in the order they went on the want list?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Based on all the latest back and forth...am I assume to anything sub 69 is now considered inferior? Are 67s & 68s now considered toxic ATBs?

If so, we've sure come a long way from just a couple of weeks ago of simply wanting to get our hands on ANY coins! >>

You're describing the difference between collectors and freakin flippers. >>

The evolution of these things has been nuts. The slow metering and back door deals have imposed so many nuances that wouldn't be there if the mint had dumped them all at once.

There is no way sub-69s are toxic. But when I order something, I like at least having the chance of picking up a 69 or so.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NEW FROM FIDELITRADE.... JUST RECEIVED (my package was overnighted - arrived FedEx 8:29AM) --Order Acceptance-- Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed. Please allow up to four weeks for your coins to arrive. The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service. Again, thank you for your business. FideliTrade Incorporated >>

Thanks for the update. I think you are the first one on this board to get to the next step with them, at least the first that I recall. I spoke with a woman there earlier this week and she indicated that things would start moving later this week. Looks like they have...image
  • Options

<< <i>NEW FROM FIDELITRADE.... JUST RECEIVED (my package was overnighted - arrived FedEx 8:29AM)

--Order Acceptance--

Thank you for your order of America the Beautiful Coins. Your order has been accepted and is now being processed.

The coins will be shipped to the address on your purchase order, via FedEx Express Saver Service.

FideliTrade Incorporated >>

Awesome. How'd you get delivered before the 10:30 barage?
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I see these selling at $1200. You seriously think that when 1000+ hit eBay they are going to rise in price? I think not. I bet flippers bought 80%+ of yesterdays offering and will dump them like yesterdays newspaper when they finally get them. >>

I think not...if anything, some major retailers might have had several of their employees attempting to buy some quantity of them yesterday (with mixed results).

In the long run, 33,000 is simply not a very large number, especially considering that quite a few of those sets will likely be held by distinct individuals. As I've indicated previously, it's always possible that the price may [temporarily] dip due to an eBay glut, but once the glut's gone, these ultimately should do well.
  • Options
    will the "collector" versions have the "antique" look that the 3" medals have???
    example:
  • Options

<< <i><<I see these selling at $1200. You seriously think that when 1000+ hit eBay they are going to rise in price? I think not. I bet flippers bought 80%+ of yesterdays offering and will dump them like yesterdays newspaper when they finally get them. >>

I think not...if anything, some major retailers might have had several of their employees attempting to buy some quantity of them yesterday (with mixed results).

In the long run, 33,000 is simply not a very large number, especially considering that quite a few of those sets will likely be held by distinct individuals. As I've indicated previously, it's always possible that the price may [temporarily] dip due to an eBay glut, but once the glut's gone, these ultimately should do well. >>

It helps to put things back in perspective. These are still relatively low mintage for a bullion coin. Yes, flippers are purchasing these in masse. But they also represent a nearly no-lose situation for silver investors. They are low enough mintage to ALWAYS carry a premium over spot--that is, unless future releases are either lower mintage or higher mintage combined with a hard spike in silver prices. That relatively low mintage also protects them to some degree in the event of a silver crash. Once all 33,000 sets are unleashed there will be a time period where they crash--maybe as low as $1200. But then they will start to rise in price again once they begin finding more permanent homes.

• Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    it REALLY REALLY sucks that Dillon Gage has sold NONE to the public but they are selling them on ebay. That is as bad as GC
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>NEW FROM FIDELITRADE.... JUST RECEIVED (my package was overnighted - arrived FedEx 8:29AM)

--Order Acceptance--

Awesome. How'd you get delivered before the 10:30 barage? >>

Just received the same from a friend of mine that was in the FedEx delivery also...nothing on mine with 10:33 UPS delivery.
  • Options

<< <i>it REALLY REALLY sucks that Dillon Gage has sold NONE to the public but they are selling them on ebay. That is as bad as GC >>

Link?

I wonder if the folks who Fed-Ex'd their stuff to FTrade somehow got preference over the UPS deliveries. Looks FTrade has a business arrangement with FedEx. Maybe FedEx delivered earlier.
  • Options
    Has anyone else received the email below from Modern Coin Mart?

Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because you are on our pre order request list for the 5 ounce America The Beautiful Sets Graded by NGC. We have a very limited quantity of sets that will go up for sale on the website at 11am ET tomorrow. We are in short supply of the Gem Unc and MS68 sets in particular at this time but that may change in the near future.

If you wish to order an MS69ER set at $4495 TODAY, you may call our office and place the order and get FREE SHIPPING. The free shipping offer expires when the sets go live at 11am tomorrow. These MS69ER sets are currently IN STOCK.

If you are interested in a Gem Unc Set at $2695 or an MS68 set at $3695 you may also call now and buy but your order will go to back order status and ship in approximately 2 weeks.

We will stop taking orders on these when we believe we have exhausted our incoming supply, until such time that we are able to re-stock.

Due to the volatile nature in pricing and supply on this item, there will be NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES of any kind. Prices will fluctuate according to market conditions and supply.

Thank you,

ModernCoinMart
    1.800.362.9004 EXT 345,111,355
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much MCM is currently BUYING raw and slabbed BU sets for?
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>it REALLY REALLY sucks that Dillon Gage has sold NONE to the public but they are selling them on ebay. That is as bad as GC

Link?
    >>

Link to ebay listing previously posted
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

--Order Acceptance--

Awesome. How'd you get delivered before the 10:30 barage? >>

FedEX First Overnight - Guaranteed before 8:30AM
    Wasn't sure if i should do it because fidelitrade opens at 8:30. Guess it was worth the extra $30 bucks. (had a few orders in the same FedEx envelope)
  • Options

<< <i>mbogoman - You are taking all of the fun away from those trying to make the people who purchased (or are attempting to purchase) multiple sets paranoid! (just kidding of course)

I was just amazed that this thread was quiet for 20 minutes!

So did anyone else notice that their PayPal address is showing unconfirmed after being confirmed for years? I read a little in PayPal's forum about this and it appears to be a problem since last June. >>

Mine keeps going back to unconfirmed.

I call and paypal always has some excuse as to why.

then they say: "this should fix it"

it does temporarily

then it reverts back to "unconfirmed."

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I think I'll wait for Ebay. (December 03, 2010) >>

Still waiting for Ebay?
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how much MCM is currently BUYING raw and slabbed BU sets for? >>

I addressed this in a prior post. We are on hold buying ATB sets (filled) for now as we observe the market. No doubt we will need more at some point soon and will hit the BST when that time comes.

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

bogus. >>

just open up the order page again and let everyone have at it. >>

Understand, but don't you think they are cross-checking their want list against the list of those who already purchased through them so that "one-timers" will get first crack and in the order they went on the want list? >>

Perhaps you're onto the reason they are slow to restart sales.

1 per HH...

I could easily change my address with by changing the addreviations and boom... a close match but not an exact match.

how do they check the new list against the old list and not use manpower($$) or spend some $$ on the tech to check?

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo...managed to get 5 sets from wonderful A-Mark, despatched to the UK...what a result! Spoke to initially grumpy but ultimately helpful lady who assisted my purchase and, defying expectations, managed to bag 5 sets! Happy chap now..

Someone posted here yesterday that they bought 5 from Amark yesterday. So I don't think Amark is following the one per HH limit rule at least not for their regular customers it seems.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    they have over 15,000 alert me they are going to go thru the list by first in so if u didnt get in pretty quick with them dont plan to get one

Really 15,000? I find that hard to believe. If true than the demand could be greater than I thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file