Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>good price on this one. mount hood ms69 >>

His Yelllowstone MS 69 did well also.

Joe
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The epcjimi1 MTB + Ftrade ATB set pre-sales are both SOLD!!!!

Geez, that wasn't so painful after all, thought I was going to have to go to plan B with the pre-sale prices heading to the dumper.

On to the $1000 beer money and the ATB set from Amark to keep.

I've speculated enough on these ATB 2010 bullion sets, time to bank it and get out at my comfort level. I'm behind the curve of others who have played much earlier; I'm not sure what will happen with the 2010 ATB market forward, others can enjoy the game, not me.

Unless I can buy another set from another AP @ mint directive price, then the game will begin again. image

Onward thru the fog!!!! >>

Good luck with keeping your buyer happy while he waits and waits and waits for his coins. I'd never sell something knowing full well it could be over a month till I get the coins in hand. I suspect MANY pre-sales will fall through when buyers see the prices heading down several hundred dollars in the coming 2-3 weeks. I see the negatives and Paypal disputes going thru the roof in the coming weeks. >>

Could be, no doubt about it. Will the buyers back out? Maybe, but I don't think so. The money is in my paypal acct already.

Why would it be a neg if I refund the money if the buyer asks for their money back? Sheesh. Of course, I'd refund the money, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Key word - 'suspect' and 'many', you have no idea, nor do I. Thanks for sharing your opine.

I think this ATB bullion thing is going lower. Eventually. Then it'll rebound.

That I sold two orders pre-sale, well, it is what it is, it's pretty common on the bay.

Anyway, it makes me think of what we do on the family farm. We sell corn not yet planted in the spring for sale in the fall and winter. It's speculation. Not a perfect analogy, because the farm carries crop loss insurance, etc, etc, etc.

But the ATB bullion isn't that kind of money. It's a couple of thousand. Not six digit stuff like the farm. For that you need insurance.

Anyway, the criticism of pre-sale here amazes me.

Point of my post is recent post by others indicate some are selling pre-sale for less. If you wait, you'll get your price. image

• << <i>The epcjimi1 MTB + Ftrade ATB set pre-sales are both SOLD!!!!

Geez, that wasn't so painful after all, thought I was going to have to go to plan B with the pre-sale prices heading to the dumper.

I've speculated enough on these ATB 2010 bullion sets, time to bank it and get out at my comfort level. I'm behind the curve of others who have played much earlier; I'm not sure what will happen with the 2010 ATB market forward, others can enjoy the game, not me.

Unless I can buy another set from another AP @ mint directive price, then the game will begin again. image

The reason prices are lower are because ebay is filled with pre-sale flippers. What's going to happen when they ago away? One thing we all need to realize is that there is only a small percentage of buyers out there right now. NO it does not seem that way when you go and get bogged down by a server at Amark that is maxed out, or when you take into consideration the number of checks ftrade received the days after their release. The fact is .... That's us and people like us. There are millions of people out there who still have no idea these things exsist. There are tons of people out there who collect coins who do not follow threads and so on and so on. Wait till they enter the market who's going to sell to them? most likely dealers who's only choice will be to go out to the people buying them now and show them a profit. Im in for the long haul.
    Always Buying Modern Gold, Silver, & Platinum Eagles.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    just wait until there are 1000 auctions on ebay for 5 coin sets.

tell me your prediction of price when that happens?

• << <i>
    >>

epcjimi1, I think it's a good hedge based on what we all predict will happen. As long as you were specific in your description that folks it is a PRESALE I'm not sure how anyone can fault you too much.

Personally, I want to wait to see if I get any good strikes for grading.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>just wait until there are 1000 auctions on ebay for 5 coin sets.

tell me your prediction of price when that happens? >>

If the folks with deep pockets are smart (not me, well...the smart part is up for question) they'd be buying them up if they crash hard. It'll be a field day for the dealers if they fall into the low 1000s.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just wait until there are 1000 auctions on ebay for 5 coin sets.

My last search showed 143 auctions graded, raw, presales etc. when it hits 500 raw set prices will be much lower.

I would guess 1500 to 1800 per set. I could see 1300 also. Graded singles will hold up.

How many auctions do you find? What search criteria do you use?

I will wait until my set arrives and hopefuly they are worthy to grade.

I too think these will be a winner long term, so much depends on the Mint next year.

Joe
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The epcjimi1 MTB + Ftrade ATB set pre-sales are both SOLD!!!!

Good luck with keeping your buyer happy while he waits and waits and waits for his coins. I'd never sell something knowing full well it could be over a month till I get the coins in hand. I suspect MANY pre-sales will fall through when buyers see the prices heading down several hundred dollars in the coming 2-3 weeks. I see the negatives and Paypal disputes going thru the roof in the coming weeks. >>

Could be, no doubt about it. Will the buyers back out? Maybe, but I don't think so. The money is in my paypal acct already.

Why would it be a neg if I refund the money if the buyer asks for their money back? Sheesh. Of course, I'd refund the money, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Key word - 'suspect' and 'many', you have no idea, nor do I. Thanks for sharing your opine.

I think this ATB bullion thing is going lower. Eventually. Then it'll rebound.

That I sold two orders pre-sale, well, it is what it is, it's pretty common on the bay.

Anyway, it makes me think of what we do on the family farm. We sell corn not yet planted in the spring for sale in the fall and winter. It's speculation. Not a perfect analogy, because the farm carries crop loss insurance, etc, etc, etc.

But the ATB bullion isn't that kind of money. It's a couple of thousand. Not six digit stuff like the farm. For that you need insurance.

Point of my post is recent post by others indicate some are selling pre-sale for less. If you wait, you'll get your price. image >>

I am not being critical of your pre-sale decision. Good for you, hope it all works out. But having done this before and having been around the block with numerous "hot" new Mint products over the years I know a train wreck when I see one coming!! There will be numerous complaints to eBay and Paypal about these pre-sales and one of these days eBay is going to put an end to pre-sales. Again, good luck and I hope your sets don't contain any 70 coinsimage because you are going to be bummed when you have to send them to your buyers!
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I am not being critical of your pre-sale decision. Good for you, hope it all works out. But having done this before and having been around the block with numerous "hot" new Mint products over the years I know a train wreck when I see one coming!! There will be numerous complaints to eBay and Paypal about these pre-sales and one of these days eBay is going to put an end to pre-sales. Again, good luck and I hope your sets don't contain any 70 coinsimage because you are going to be bummed when you have to send them to your buyers! >>

You can have the last word. Thanks for your opine. I'm out.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said a couple of hundred posts ago...... $1200 or less. I'd short these sets if they were stocks!! Sorry to rain on this seemingly unending happy party. Someone has to insert some common sense economic principles around hereimage
  • Where's the AMark email? MIA?
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>good price on this one. mount hood ms69 >>

His Yelllowstone MS 69 did well also.

Joe >>

Sold as singles, it looks like a PCGS 69 set may well bring over $10K, esp. with a Yos.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where's the AMark email? MIA? >>

So it would seem.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

As I said a couple of hundred posts ago...... $1200 or less. I'd short these sets if they were stocks!! Sorry to rain on this seemingly unending happy party. Someone has to insert some common sense economic principles around hereimage >>

no one is doubting the price decrease.

everyone is wodering how much and how soon.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    The yellow banner across A marks site has disappeared! What does that mean?

• << <i>Again, good luck and I hope your sets don't contain any 70 coinsimage because you are going to be bummed when you have to send them to your buyers! >>

Proverbial nail on the head. It is a bet that by taking the $1K now, that you hedge against it only being a couple of hundred but give up the chance that its a $5-9k windfall. 5 MS69's would bring it over 10, probably more like $7500 when the dust settles. Good luck either way.

• << <i>

<< <i>

As I said a couple of hundred posts ago...... $1200 or less. I'd short these sets if they were stocks!! Sorry to rain on this seemingly unending happy party. Someone has to insert some common sense economic principles around hereimage >>

no one is doubting the price decrease.

everyone is wodering how much and how soon. >>

How much? They will go down to at least to $1500, how soon? As soon as the A-Mark coins hit the market.
  • Even if they do go down to $1500 per set, its still about $400 profit which is better than most flips. If MS69s are going for more than $5000 a set, then there will still be a lot of speculation left for unopened AP boxes. Not to mention the possibility that a few MS70s could come out in the weeks ahead, and no I don't mean ANACS or whatever they're called. That would change things pretty rapidly. It should also be interesting to see how the 27000 US Mint P sets do on the market. Its probably not as important to mint to demand the P version as it will be for the future bullion versions. The Bullion version should be minted to demand just like the silver eagle. If they can somehow pump out a million sets of these coins, then that would send every last 2010 set to the moon all over again. Does anyone know if the US Mint plans to get more presses to make these 3 inchers or are they doing it all on one or two machines? I would think that they will have to get more machines to increase supply to the point where it could meet the current demand, which for bullion is as high as its ever been. 4.5 million ozs of Silver Eagles have been sold in January alone. The US Mint has to fix what they created for 2010. If they do, 2010 ATB Bullion coins will always be winners. Agree or Disagree?
  • A-Mark code received !

<< <i>A-Mark code received ! >>

Congrads, I thought something was up when the yellow banner disappeared.

• << <i>

<< <i>A-Mark code received ! >>

Congrads, I thought something was up when the yellow banner disappeared. >>

Thanks, let's see what happens tomorrow.
  • Won't prices be mostly dependent on the "end" products price?
    In other words... the same way there are ppl that are buying from APs to flip on ebay... there are tons of dealers that buy on ebay to grade and flip back on ebay or to private customers - as long as the spread is there...
    So in my opinion --- sure there are MANY variables that will make the prices of these raw/presale/in hand coins change... but the MAIN variable has to be the price for graded coins / sets... and if that stays elevated then there will always be enough demand for the raw coins - especially sealed cases.
    Now if graded prices start falling... that's when you'll see prices tank, and all bets are off.
    (I think the last week of price action has been made by uneducated flippers that are "panicking". and i fully agree with an earlier post... that if prices continue to fall, the presales (for sure the A-Marks) will all be rescinded.)

• << <i> If they can somehow pump out a million sets of these coins, then that would send every last 2010 set to the moon all over again. Does anyone know if the US Mint plans to get more presses to make these 3 inchers or are they doing it all on one or two machines? I would think that they will have to get more machines to increase supply to the point where it could meet the current demand, which for bullion is as high as its ever been. 4.5 million ozs of Silver Eagles have been sold in January alone. The US Mint has to fix what they created for 2010. If they do, 2010 ATB Bullion coins will always be winners. Agree or Disagree? >>

The low mintages this year were due to the Mint having trouble making these. If they could have made more, they would, as the cost-benefit gets larger as they produce more and there has been plenty of silver demand. Now that the Mint has figured out how to make these, they should be able to get MUCH more to the APs this year. Plus, the shenanigans by some of the APs have made the USM look bad. The Mint is not going to want a replay of the AP circus.

This is the beginning of what could be a promising series. But there's a lot that can happen in the years ahead....only time will tell...
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    right, prices are falling because of all the people who know absolutely squat about this entire endeavor...but they heard about it, got in on it, and want a quick profit. They don't know enough to even have a guess about what the prices will do...all they see is "wow, I can make x00 bucks right now"
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>

<< <i> If they can somehow pump out a million sets of these coins, then that would send every last 2010 set to the moon all over again. Does anyone know if the US Mint plans to get more presses to make these 3 inchers or are they doing it all on one or two machines? I would think that they will have to get more machines to increase supply to the point where it could meet the current demand, which for bullion is as high as its ever been. 4.5 million ozs of Silver Eagles have been sold in January alone. The US Mint has to fix what they created for 2010. If they do, 2010 ATB Bullion coins will always be winners. Agree or Disagree? >>

The low mintages this year were due to the Mint having trouble making these. If they could have made more, they would, as the cost-benefit gets larger as they produce more and there has been plenty of silver demand. Now that the Mint has figured out how to make these, they should be able to get MUCH more to the APs this year. Plus, the shenanigans by some of the APs have made the USM look bad. The Mint is not going to want a replay of the AP circus.

This is the beginning of what could be a promising series. But there's a lot that can happen in the years ahead....only time will tell... >>

I wonder when the Mint will start selling the 2011 ATBs? Couldn't they start selling now and continue making ATBs through the rest of the year? I mean they don't have to announce a final mintage before sales start. Just like Silver Eagles. That would make things interesting as well.
  • I remember somewhere early on in the thread that people were talking about how many ATB coins the US Mint could put out in a couple of months based on how many presses and hours in the work day. Does anyone remember what the numbers were in reference to how many they can mint?

• << <i>I remember somewhere early on in the thread that people were talking about how many ATB coins the US Mint could put out in a couple of months based on how many presses and hours in the work day. Does anyone remember what the numbers were in reference to how many they can mint? >>

You also need to consider the availability of silver blanks. The Mint was having problems getting quality blanks from their suppliers last year. I think Sunshine Mining was the only supplier who could meet the specifications for the blanks.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where's the AMark email? MIA? >>

I received my email with the code at 7:30pm. Now if it works I will be good to go. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    I successfully purchased a set from a-amark's 250 List for my father-in-law.

order 268x

Since they are only releasing this many of these....I'm still going to go with the theory that they cherry picked them. I think amark screwed us.

Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>no one is doubting the price decrease. everyone is wodering how much and how soon. >>

The contrarian in me says always cast a doubtful eye on such universally held conventional wisdom.

FloridaBill
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I successfully purchased a set from a-amark's 250 List for my father-in-law.

order 268x

Since they are only releasing this many of these....I'm still going to go with the theory that they cherry picked them. I think amark screwed us. >>

If you feel that way why are you still buying? image The only company that has done the best so far and you think they screwed us? Sorry but i don't feel that way Thanks AMark image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭
    There's good reason to continue buying by those who believe that the BU coins are leftovers; selling to those who don't.

<< <i>There's good reason to continue buying by those who believe that the BU coins are leftovers; selling to those who don't. >>

exactly
    If you feel that way then just don't open the package and send it on to me. I will send you $1100 for the unopened package.

How's that for a quick profit.

PM me if interested.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you feel that way why are you still buying? image >>

Greed!
  • How could A-Mark screw you? You bought bullion remember. It's worth what you paid.

The way to go might be to have them graded and hold on to them for a while. What do you have to lose?
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you feel that way then just don't open the package and send it on to me. I will send you $1100 for the unopened package.

How's that for a quick profit.

PM me if interested. >>

I wonder if they made you fill out the paperwork how many sets you would get. They made it too easy for you to sign up your dog and cat and than come back and tell us all there cherry picking the numbers don't add up. Hey go stand in line for 5 hrs in 10 degrees and tell me about an ap ripping us all off. There not even done selling these and you already know there cherry picking, because the numbers don't add up. Good luck...........image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 830 ✭✭✭
    I just got my notice from FTI. I had sent in the payment by USPS express. It was somewhat delayed because the PO in DE held over 200 of the orders in express envelopes till later than 3 pm that day.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...my bottom line is this...if A-Mark cherrypicked, then EVERY OTHER AP also cherrypicked; made it harder for us to purchase the sets; charged us more; and didn't slab the coins to prevent deterioration.

So in either case, A-Mark has still provided superior service as compared to all others.

And PS...I think A-Mark slabbed everything and has simply held some back either for later sale or as a plumb for their major customers.

<< <i>I just got my notice from FTI. I had sent in the payment by USPS express. It was somewhat delayed because the PO in DE held over 200 of the orders in express envelopes till later than 3 pm that day. >>

What day was that?
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, since I couldn't find my shoes on Saturday (my Kids Hide them) in time to hit fedex I had to wait until yesterday Morning to shoot an order to Fidelitrade...Best I could do...

Ship date Jan 24, 2011
    Delivery date Jan 25, 2011 9:37 AM

<< <i>Well, since I couldn't find my shoes on Saturday (my Kids Hide them) in time to hit fedex I had to wait until yesterday Morning to shoot an order to Fidelitrade...Best I could do...

Ship date Jan 24, 2011
    image >>

I went to print out my application but I was out of ink on one printer and could not get the other computer to show me the form so I had to

go down to wal mart to get some ink on Saturday afternoon. Got home again , printed out the form, went down to post office which was

closed by that time ( they have a 6 PM pickup though ) and mailed it express. It was delivered on monday morning.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, since I couldn't find my shoes on Saturday (my Kids Hide them) in time to hit fedex I had to wait until yesterday Morning to shoot an order to Fidelitrade...Best I could do...

Ship date Jan 24, 2011
    image >>

I went to print out my application but I was out of ink on one printer and could not get the other computer to show me the form so I had to

go down to wal mart to get some ink on Saturday afternoon. Got home again , printed out the form, went down to post office which was

closed by that time ( they have a 6 PM pickup though ) and mailed it express. It was delivered on monday morning. >>

That's funny about the ink, back in my college days, my buddy called me at 2 A.M. freakin out becuase we had a final paper due by 8 a.m. and he ran outta ink. I told him to hit the computer lab in the morning and print it there. He arrived at the lab, but they didn't have any paper, so he had to run up 4 floors to get the paper...When he returned there was a class room of students in the Lab. They'd taken out his floppy and the teacher wouldn't let him back in the room. Our class was turning in their papers and he didn't show up. Our teacher asked if anyone knew where he was...Apparently, after being denied the use of the computer lab, he went nutz and somehow ended up getting arrested by campus security...image

When I read the post, I had approx a 30 minute window to make it to fedex, got the forms printed, but alas, without shoes I eventually ran outta time...

We both deserve to get a set with all that trouble. I sure have had no luck anywhere else.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I contacted MTB about my order today. was told that the coins would ship "probably around Feb 7th"
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just got my notice from FTI. I had sent in the payment by USPS express. It was somewhat delayed because the PO in DE held over 200 of the orders in express envelopes till later than 3 pm that day. >>

What day was that? >>

Here is the data from the USPS website:

Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time: January 7, 2011, 3:00 PM
    Class: Express Mail®

Your item was delivered at 2:20 pm on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE . The item was signed for by
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And still no word at all from Fidelitrade...

Just curious...of those who sent their application and had it arrive on Day One....how many of you have still not heard anything from them [like me]?

With them indicating that they still had available supply as of this week, I'm beginning to wonder...
    I have 2 buddies that were in the day 1 10:30 fedex batch, one rec'd an email and they have already cashed his check, the other has neard nothing...Certainly doesn't instill any confidence...

Does not sound very good but what are you going to do. They have my application and my check. Maybe I will get lucky.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Rich... when I spoke with Fidelitrade yesterday there were two issues with my order..... They had my last name spelled in the system incorrectly and they did not have my email address on the order. She corrected these issues while I was on the phone. Give them a call.... today!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file