Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    Interesting on the AMark orders.....

We just might not see the huge glut that everybody's predicting if they're shipping 'em a few at a time. Still, ebay is going to be a scary place for awhile.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, I'll try and answer my own question. Here is what I found on PCGS's Lingo Page. I don't know if you can just put the two definitions together and try and make sense of it or not.
    BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED - A generic term applied to any coin that has not been in circulation. It often is applied to coins with little "brilliance" left, which properly should be described as simply Uncirculated.
    CHOICE- An adjectival description applied to coin's grade, e.g., choice Uncirculated, choice Very Fine, etc. Used to describe an especially attractive example of a particular grade.
    GEM - Adjectival description applied to Mint State and Proof-65 coins. It also is used for higher grades and as a generic term for a superb coin. >>

Those definitions you provided above are okay for general purposes. But for coins labeled that way in PCGS slabs, "Gem uncirculated" is the term used for uncirculated modern coins failing to meet a specified number grade. The submitter requested that low grade coins not be assigned a number, but merely designated "Gem." It is typically used for bulk submissions, in which the submitter asks that anything deserving a 69 or 70 be slabbed with that designation, and anything deserving a grade below 69 be labeled "Gem" without a number. Beware of those, they can have serious problems. As for A-Mark's "Choice uncirculated" coins in PCGS slabs, I wonder if that might refer to a similar scenario.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok...now that I got my feedback I can bring this out:

Beware of buyer's remorse when selling your ATB's. I sold an APMEX set for $2895 as a BIN and the buyer paid immmediately....shipped coins as rec'd from APMEX and got:

Ebay case opened: reason..not as described/damaged coins

They were great looking encapsulated coins...wanted money back....I said fine...ship the F'in coins back since there was nothing wrong with them....

Got this: "well, if I could get a rebate of $400 I will keep the damaged coins"

I said: WTF ...send the coins back

Then rethought what he paid and said I would refund $300

Took it in a heartbeat.....

Great case of extortion in my mind but $2595 saved me the grief of relisting and going through it again......

pucks

Ebay ID: gurallah .....some interesting feedback re: selling fake coins

Just beware....... >>

The wretched, scumbag, crook is BLOCKED! thanks for the heads up. Ebay is just sooooo stacked against sellers.

I agree that a new thread to alert others is a good idea.

One of the best things about the forum community is notifying each other of dirtbag ebay buyers and sellers.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm thinking I may actually look at my set first, determine the grades, and weigh all options, before selling the farm for a Dollar fiftyimage >>

image With the first 2 gone it maybe time for a change in plans..............wooohooooooimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Won't prices be mostly dependent on the "end" products price?
    In other words... the same way there are ppl that are buying from APs to flip on ebay... there are tons of dealers that buy on ebay to grade and flip back on ebay or to private customers - as long as the spread is there...
    So in my opinion --- sure there are MANY variables that will make the prices of these raw/presale/in hand coins change... but the MAIN variable has to be the price for graded coins / sets... and if that stays elevated then there will always be enough demand for the raw coins - especially sealed cases.
    Now if graded prices start falling... that's when you'll see prices tank, and all bets are off.
    (I think the last week of price action has been made by uneducated flippers that are "panicking". and i fully agree with an earlier post... that if prices continue to fall, the presales (for sure the A-Marks) will all be rescinded.) >>

Another point that hasn't really been mentioned is Silver's 14% pullback since the beginning of the year. >>

Great point!
  • Options
    Yeah, the drop in silver crossed my mind earlier today as well....so I looked up the USM rules again.

The APs can charge 10% over the purchase price from the Mint. There's no stipulation that they have to follow the silver price. Unless the drop is severe, I think the price will remain unchanged.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I (excuse me - my wife) is in with Fidelitrade. I was on a bsuness trip when the notice came. Where the application needed a signature I told (I mean politely asked) her to get the application and check ready and overnight mailed. Well spent $13, and whatever reward I will owe my better half.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boucharda:
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. THANK YOU for sharing!
    POS blocked.
    Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Beware of buyer's remorse when selling your ATB's. I sold an APMEX set for $2895 as a BIN and the buyer paid immmediately....shipped coins as rec'd from APMEX and got:

They were great looking encapsulated coins...wanted money back....I said fine...ship the F'in coins back since there was nothing wrong with them....

Great case of extortion in my mind but $2595 saved me the grief of relisting and going through it again......

pucks

Just beware....... >>

BLOCKED, Thanks for sharing!
  • Options

<< <i>What is the difference between Choice and Gem BU? >>

I this case probably nothing! image

But in most cases.......

Choice BU means MS63 at a minimum.

Gem BU means MS65 at a minimum.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    anyone have the new NGC pop's?

I only have the ANA membership to submit, not the Collectors Club.....
  • Options
    I wouldnt read into the AMARK situation with encapsulating everything,

other than to realize they made a deal to encapsulate, but not grade, the coins.

Just think - for PCGS, the probability of getting lots of these back for regrade are very high,

for AMARK, a cheap alternative to using their manpower and buying capsules to ship, bulk orders from small customers used to get charged $6 for BU encapsulation

I bet they struck a deal for $5 or less per coin.
  • Options
    There sure is a LOT of red in the puck completed auctions.
  • Options

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

Just got off the phone with them...

They are SHIPPING out the first 1,000 orders THIS WEEK!!!
    They will ship the first 350 tomorrow, next 350 on Thursday, and the rest on Friday.
    They will follow up with the rest next week!

WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Wish the other APs took note! >>

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I suggest one of these two choices for the future prices + values of 2010 ATB pucks -

imageimage
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope fidelitrade is able to ship as fast as Amark.
    I pulled my eBay presale since my Amark order number is under 50. Will sell them as singles in hand.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Anyway, good to know that the amarks are shipping. I'd like to see something show up from Amark, glad it's the one I didn't pre-sell.

Still wondering about Dillon Gage. I bet they will sell to the 'general' public, sooner or later.

Apmex? I doubt I'll see an alert notice from them.

JH? Get oudda here, no way, C'n Ts? another no way.

Customer lists must be sufficient to satisfy the sale to the 'public' per the toothless mint directive.
  • Options
    What will happen if these others never sell? Will The Mint give a $%^#? Judging by the total lack of action against GC probably not. So, they'll be able to just sell 3700 sets each to other dealers and on ebay. Not bad for breaking the AP agreement. Lesson learned no doubt by the other APs.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW!!!

A-MARK!!!

Just got off the phone with them...

They are SHIPPING out the first 1,000 orders THIS WEEK!!!
    They will ship the first 350 tomorrow, next 350 on Thursday, and the rest on Friday.
    They will follow up with the rest next week!

WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Wish the other APs took note! >>

Did you happen to ask if they'd be sending out tracking info to purchasers?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY MTB order has (finally) shipped!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MY MTB order has (finally) shipped! >>

Did you receive tracking info via email from MTB? How do they send them? I'm still waiting on mine to ship.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

I thought you bought it in person?
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    I was thinking about driving to get them, but thought I'd better not chance it.

I'm glad I didn't go.

They have an automated ship notification that sends out an e-mail. I finally got notice today with a working tracking number, and it is expected here tomorrow by the end of the day. Hopefully the guy will come at his usual time since it is supposed to be snowing here later tomorrow.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boucharda:
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. THANK YOU for sharing!
    POS blocked.
    Miles >>

Same Here,
    Joe
  • Options

pucks

Just beware....... >>

blocked.

if I didn't think you'd get attacked for flipping and pre-selling, I'd suggest a new thread just for this guy.

• Options
    I would sell these with No refunds clearly listed.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>I would sell these with No refunds clearly listed. >>

they can still open a case and threated to file a SNAD.

• Options
    Boucharda, you had those in hand, right?

Looks like you had some nice strikes in that batch.

Ms., you're right about the roasting. Passions are running deep on these.

Have you all been watching the thread about the guy who had a set returned, no note? The buyer had no feedback.
    I'd recommend limiting these sales to those who have some feedback. Lots of zero-feedback buyers out there speculating on these, I think. You can at least weed out the biggest offenders by requiring folks have some feedback.
  • Options

About time!! Very glad to hear this :-)
  • Options

<< <i>Boucharda, you had those in hand, right?

Looks like you had some nice strikes in that batch.

Ms., you're right about the roasting. Passions are running deep on these.

Have you all been watching the thread about the guy who had a set returned, no note? The buyer had no feedback.
    I'd recommend limiting these sales to those who have some feedback and or good feedback. Lots of zero-feedback buyers out there speculating on these, I think. They have the upper hand and are basically speculating on these. You can at least weed out the biggest offenders by requiring folks have some feedback. >>

I could not agree more. I always choose the most conservative parameters allowed to limit PITA bidders.
  • Options
    How was A-mark shipping again?
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    Another puck nightmare, zero feedback bidder on this thread:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=803564

It's just absurd how PP and EB always side w/the buyer not matter how wrong the buyer is.

Do you all state in your auctions something to the effect of "bidders with less a less than 10 feedback score contact me prior to bidding or your bid will be cancelled?" I've never done this but it might be a good idea w/the pucks.
  • Options
    I got my MTB shipping e-mail also today. The tracking number from UPS is working, with a delivery day for wednesday 1/26 but if you read the details it clearly said "order scan ready for UPS pick up" meaning UPS had a electronic notification of shipping - so got to wait a little longer.

MT
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, what to do, what to do....

I have confirmed Fidelitrade order now. I have Amark that should ship anytime (order number 6xx).
    I have bathroom remodel expenses that started this week and will need to be paid soon.

So, I think these orders will get sold.......
    Do I:

* Sell unopened (For the FT set)?
    * Sell on ebay?
    * Sell on the BST?
    * Anyone else?

Hmmmmm...what to do what to do...
    (and, no, I don't plan to get others since the funds are going to the remodel right now which came up after the orders)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yikes, what a long thread! Can somebody please update me on just what the hell we're talking about, now? I think the last time I replied was like some 5000 posts ago. >>

Most of the thread's posters are trying to get set(s) from every AP. Flipping. Alot of mail, email and phone calling BS. >>

Hmmm. I don't mean to be lazy, I'm just trying to avoid having to read 5000 posts. I guess these are all cleaned out by now and some of you are awaiting shipping while others are trying to figure out what the hell to do with theirs. Have any of these been graded, at this point, or is the market still so hot that those of you flipping these don't seem to think that's relevant, as yet? I'd like to see a graded one, if any of you should have one.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh, what to do, what to do....

I have confirmed Fidelitrade order now. I have Amark that should ship anytime (order number 6xx).
    I have bathroom remodel expenses that started this week and will need to be paid soon.

Do I:

* Sell on ebay?
    * Sell on the BST?
    * Anyone else?

(and, no, I don't plan to get others since the funds are going to the remodel right now which came up after the orders) >>

Don't think you would get any money on the bst for these, Now i Love the box sales if it can be shown the box is still sealed. since you need remodel money sell as a set, on the opened box start at 1900 mostly if in hand. Really i would sell the FT set in box and send off the amark for regrade...................image Good luck

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    As anyone can clearly see, this is flip mania. You can tell by the number of "new" forum members, the patience level, etc.

Prices will suffer greatly in the next few weeks. This normally doesnt end well.

Those who dont even know what they bought but did so because the "brother-in-law" told them so, or called out the congregation by blackberry to stand on line, will be depressed when the "sure thing" to earn them an easy thou ++ turns out to be a couple hundred.

Oh well, they will learn and get scared off easily, making room and less traffic for those trying to get a set of numismatic issue pucks.
  • Options
    7over8, while the gravy's flowing, you want to be right there with your kisser under the faucet, that's the theory. image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, what to do, what to do....

Do I:

* Sell on ebay?
    * Sell on the BST?
    * Anyone else?

I have a standing offer to anyone of $1100 for an unopened box of 5 for $1100.
    (and, no, I don't plan to get others since the funds are going to the remodel right now which came up after the orders) >>

• Options
    In regard to selling on eBay as a set or as singles..

eBay final value fees are 9% or a max of $50.
    Lets say singles sell at $500 each. Each one you sell will be charged $45 in final values. So $225 for all 5.
    Then 2.2% on each for paypal is $11 each x 5 is $55.
    So $2500-$225-$55=$2220.

If you offer free shipping, take off another say $10 each so net = $2170

So in order to make the same as above, the 5 piece set would have to sell for about $2275. Fees on that would be $50 for eBay, and $50.05 for paypal. Big question is if in hand 5 coin sets will sell for this much.

AJ
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>7over8, while the gravy's flowing, you want to be right there with your kisser under the faucet, that's the theory. image >>

image Its just making sure you get a drink when the faucet is running and not shut off. Timing on these are a big thing, those who get and got boxes first always get alittle more. Than you must make the choice of sending a set in or selling them. If i had two sets in hand one would stay in the box, the other will go back to our host. There are some great auctions going on right now to WATCH and see where there going. As long as you only pay the 900 there is really no way to LOSE money............step into the light image Hey pitboss you ever get the second chance email from amark? really hope you get one of those...........

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options

No, I have not got anything yet. I am still waiting for an answer from fidelitrade. They got my application and check on Monday. I see others

that sent theirs in on Monday have heard back but I have not. At this point I will just keep on trying and if I get one I will be happy but if I

don't I will get over it.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question for the court...since I have little or no interest in going through the hassle of flipping these.

My question is this...what are your price predictions over the longer haul for the 2010 bullion pucks: at 1, 5 & 10 years for now?

As I'm considering just putting them away and forgetting about them...like the rest of my stuff...let the kids sort it all out when I'm pushing up daisies.

And a PS to my question...what happens if in a few years this series is a bust and the Mint stops production of pucks altogether...would that help or hurt the first year price?
  • Options

It really depends on where silver ends up and also how many of these things they make going forward but I don't see a downside with the price of silver probably going up.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question for the court...since I have little or no interest in going through the hassle of flipping these.

My question is this...what are your price predictions over the longer haul for the 2010 bullion pucks: at 1, 5 & 10 years for now?

As I'm considering just putting them away and forgetting about them...like the rest of my stuff...let the kids sort it all out when I'm pushing up daisies. >>

My reasoning is they are first year issue with probably the lowest mintage figures so they will more than likely command the higher prices in 5-10 years
    unless some sleeper key comes along. I too plan to lock away and forget about them until they pass down to the kids. I have 3 sets coming and one in hand.
    I will pick the 2 best sets of five, send those in for grading and sell the other 2 sets to hopefully cover my cost of the keepers. The only other coin I am interested
    in right now is maybe Texas, but that doesn't hit the market until 2019!
  • Options

<< <i>It really depends on where silver ends up and also how many of these things they make going forward but I don't see a downside with the price of silver probably going up. >>

Whoa! Am I hearing things, or are you saying these things are going to be good for melt?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In regard to selling on eBay as a set or as singles..

Lets say singles sell at $500 each. Each one you sell will be charged $45 in final values. So $225 for all 5.
    So $2500-$225-$55=$2220.

So in order to make the same as above, the 5 piece set would have to sell for about $2275. Fees on that would be $50 for eBay, and $50.05 for paypal. Big question is if in hand 5 coin sets will sell for this much. >>

Let's not try to distort the truth. What you say is true for AUCTION only. BIN has different fees and no cap of $50.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It really depends on where silver ends up and also how many of these things they make going forward but I don't see a downside with the price of silver probably going up. >>

Whoa! Am I hearing things, or are you saying these things are going to be good for melt? >>

+1 There always going to be worth melt the plus we don't know about ...........yet.............. And the Only way i would sell singles IS IN A PCGS SLAB....................image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In regard to selling on eBay as a set or as singles..

So $2500-$225-$55=$2220.

So in order to make the same as above, the 5 piece set would have to sell for about $2275. Fees on that would be $50 for eBay, and $50.05 for paypal. Big question is if in hand 5 coin sets will sell for this much. >>

Let's not try to distort the truth. What you say is true for AUCTION only. BIN has different fees and no cap of $50. >>

Yeah, BINs are pricey. Fees on $1900 are around $85 for selling fees and $55 for paypal fees. If you ship usps, you're looking at $35 if you want it insured for the whole amount. Those are real numbers.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Yikes, what a long thread! Can somebody please update me on just what the hell we're talking about, now? I think the last time I replied was like some 5000 posts ago. >>

Most of the thread's posters are trying to get set(s) from every AP. Flipping. Alot of mail, email and phone calling BS. >>

Hmmm. I don't mean to be lazy, I'm just trying to avoid having to read 5000 posts. I guess these are all cleaned out by now and some of you are awaiting shipping while others are trying to figure out what the hell to do with theirs. Have any of these been graded, at this point, or is the market still so hot that those of you flipping these don't seem to think that's relevant, as yet? I'd like to see a graded one, if any of you should have one. >>

If you send in the amark coins for regrade do you loose the first strike designation? image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file