Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What word on the numismatic versions?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Just a suggestion for people taking pics of their coins that are in capsules. You should open the capsule so the photo isn't taken through plastic. You can leave it sitting in the bottom half of the capsule. I assume you're opening the capsule anyway to get a better look at the coin's condition.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got my ATB - 4 really outstanding coins out of 5 - only Yosemite as a hit mark on M of UNUM image >>

Very nice. Who did you buy from and how did they ship? >>

I just post pics too - I got mine from MTB shipped UPS, the packaging from MTB was OUTSTANDING. >>

Sorry about that. I saw that you posted MTB with your pics after my last post.
    I am curious whether you got a tracking number/notification or did they just show up?
  • Options
    MAT1, thanks for the MTB photos. Mt. Hood is lookin' good!

Order 2x, but no shipment, probably because of my shipping addy mistake (shipment address differed from Paypal Addy).

I think the login on the Amark site only works for the folks who have registered for next week's (?) sale. It's not for the folks who ordered during the initial sale.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got my ATB - 4 really outstanding coins out of 5 - only Yosemite as a hit mark on M of UNUM image >>

Very nice. Who did you buy from and how did they ship? >>

I just post pics too - I got mine from MTB shipped UPS, the packaging from MTB was OUTSTANDING. >>

Sorry about that. I saw that you posted MTB with your pics after my last post. I am curious whether you got a tracking number/notification or did they just show up? >>

yes, I got a e-mail notification with tracking number
    MT
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What word on the numismatic versions? >>

Ridicule + derision? image
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

No amark email here. Order # 63X.

image >>

none here at 7x
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to Wednesdays sale with A mark?
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I'll have to call A-Mark tomorrow and get my tracking number from a CSR since my email confirming shipment of my ATB bullion coins did not include one.
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the photos - I'm looking forward to getting my A-mark set next week also. Can someone post the price to get these graded by pcgs - I was planning on holding them but if they look perfect and I decided to flip them I guess it make sense to see if I hit the lottery.

Maine_Jim
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any intel on how the A-mark and MTB coins are shipping?, USPS, UPS, FedEx? >>

Spoke with A-Mark earlier... they will ship by end of the week - fedex to reg address. USPS to PO boxes. >>

This could explain the lack of tracking codes for some folks. Interesting that they appear to be accepting PO Boxes.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Any intel on how the A-mark and MTB coins are shipping?, USPS, UPS, FedEx? >>

Spoke with A-Mark earlier... they will ship by end of the week - fedex to reg address. USPS to PO boxes. >>

This could explain the lack of tracking codes for some folks. Interesting that they appear to be accepting PO Boxes. >>

Huh? No tracking # here... NO PO Box either.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

This could explain the lack of tracking codes for some folks. Interesting that they appear to be accepting PO Boxes. >>

My set is being shipped to a normal address and no tracking number supplied. I'm thinking the first wave of emails to the early orders at A-Mark neglected providing tracking numbers and when it was noticed, they then were supplied.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    the drain is wide open, I can hear the sucking sound of prices dropping on the bay already
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Huh? No tracking # here... NO PO Box either. >>

Click the link in your email, your tracking number is in your order info.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Click the link in your email, your tracking number is in your order info. >>

I click the link... Nada. Login, nada. Where'd you see tracking on yours?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Clicking the link in my email only takes me to this page.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I got the same page and it tells me I dont have an account. I dont think there were accounts opened for these orders.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok, so who is going to call the beginning of "price destruction" on the 'bay >>

No doubt it has to happen with the flood. Where will it stabilize? Who knows but the next phase up will be grade generated. Thirty-three thousand per design are not that many when considering how many silver collectors are out there when compared to gold and platinum.
  • Options
    next wave of e-bay big money will be on PCGS high grade examples with raw ones dragging up the rear.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note this thread is crazy-nuts. Over 7,000 posts in less than two months. I have 4,200+ over 5 years.

I wonder if this thread will get its own forum when it reaches 10,000 posts? Nearly that plus some complaints generated the PM Forum. image
  • Options

<< <i>On a side note this thread is crazy-nuts. Over 7,000 posts in less than two months. I have 4,200+ over 5 years.

I wonder if this thread will get its own forum when it reaches 10,000 posts? Nearly that plus some complaints generated the PM Forum. image >>

Could you just imagine if somehow it went poof?
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I got the same page and it tells me I dont have an account. I dont think there were accounts opened for these orders. >>

Yep, they must have changed it after the sent out the first emails. My son had the tracking # in his email, and no link.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poof - that would be something. Anyone have the price to get the A-Mark coins graded by PCGS handy?
    I don't believe the flood gates are quite open yet as there sure are a lot of coins out there that haven't been sold...maybe. Where did they all go I wonder? APMEX can't just hold theirs forever can they?

Maine_Jim
  • Options

<< <i>Poof - that would be something. Anyone have the price to get the A-Mark coins graded by PCGS handy?
    I don't believe the flood gates are quite open yet as there sure are a lot of coins out there that haven't been sold...maybe. Where did they all go I wonder? APMEX can't just hold theirs forever can they?

Maine_Jim >>

Hard to say how many have been sold. Not a lot, probably. This big Ftrade/AMark sale looks like the biggest dump yet, by far. Most of the sets on ebay can be fairly easily linked to particular APs, and we haven't seen sets from a great number of the APs yet. I'm just basing that on what I've seen on ebay though.

The situation with APMEX is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Who is the outfit in this link? You can add 1000 sets to your cart and it actually lets you. Does anyone really think that they have that many sets? I don't, but its a interesting glitch in their checkout system.
    Link

EDIT: Nevermind...it lets you add 45000 sets too. My guess is that they don't have that manyimage
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I just thought I'd do my job as a lurker, and bump this up top. It is 3:30 EST. approximately.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Shipping alert, shipping alert, man your battle stations.
  • Options

<< <i>Shipping alert, shipping alert, man your battle stations. >>

Yup...already reports of people gtting shipping notifications of A-mark sets.

Cant wait to get my hockey pucks...

On a side note the words hockey pucks have been officially banned from my household by the wife unit. I am only allowed to called them HP
  • Options
    Yup...A Mark package coming from La La Land to Massachusetts for 1/31 delivery.....FedEx with tracking....order #31x
  • Options
    My MTB shipment came yesterday.

They are very nice pucks, shipped in capsules, then in bubble mailers, then taped to the inside of a box, then covered with bubble plastic, then placed in the USPS shipping box. A few have light scratches, a few seem perfect, I have not had any time yet to really get a closer look.

I was order number 8, and placed my order at 8 am the morning they went on sale and had my confirmation number by 8:15. Since others got theirs way before me, I am assuming that my order was shipped later due to a personal check rather than a money order or bank wire.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm #40X with AMark and no notification for me yet.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm #40X with AMark and no notification for me yet. >>

Today is YOUR day! Congrats
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

Yeah...Im in the 70s...within the first hundred orders and still not tracking for me either
  • Options

<< <i>

Yeah...Im in the 70s...within the first hundred orders and still not tracking for me either >>

Me too. Were you shipping to a PO box? It seems all the orders are fed ex and maybe PO deliveries are slower.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah...Im in the 70s...within the first hundred orders and still not tracking for me either >>

Me too. Were you shipping to a PO box? It seems all the orders are fed ex and maybe PO deliveries are slower. >>

Mine is a PO so that is perhaps why it is slower..Im not complaining since my expectancy for these is 6-8 weeks so anything before then is a bonus
  • Options
    I spoke to pcgs today. I asked them exactly what Amark's "Choice BU" meant.
    I was told it meant "they were graded as a bulk submission and where guaranteed to be between 60 and 70"

Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>I spoke to pcgs today. I asked them exactly what Amark's "Choice BU" meant.
    I was told it meant "they were graded as a bulk submission and where guaranteed to be between 60 and 70" >>

Does anyone have instructions on resubmitting the A-Mark coins to PCGS for grading?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have instructions on resubmitting the A-Mark coins to PCGS for grading? >>

And can we use the quarterly CC special to get one free?

Edited to add: I think I might get my Amark pucks on Friday. Being in Phoenix, the pucks have arrived in town already. Don't know if Fedex will hold them just to hold them or if they will try to deliver them tomorrow.
  • Options
    Woot, woot My fidelitrade check was cashed, I never got an email of order acceptance but I am static. I did not think my order was gonna be filled, I mailed it via USPS on Friday so they probably received the check and application on Monday.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I spoke to pcgs today. I asked them exactly what Amark's "Choice BU" meant.
    I was told it meant "they were graded as a bulk submission and where guaranteed to be between 60 and 70" >>

Does anyone have instructions on resubmitting the A-Mark coins to PCGS for grading? >>

Resubmissions will be $30/coin since it already has First Strike.
  • Options

<< <i>Woot, woot My fidelitrade check was cashed, >>

Same here. Mine cleared today!image
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Woot, woot My fidelitrade check was cashed, I never got an email of order acceptance but I am static. I did not think my order was gonna be filled, I mailed it via USPS on Friday so they probably received the check and application on Monday. >>

Last Friday?
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Saw a full page ad last night while getting my haircut for the ATB 5oz, It was in a NRA style mag, all about guns and precious metals sales,

I noticed it on the rack, because it had a $20 Saint on the cover. It stated no dealers please and one per house holds, any limited markup to dealer cost, should have called the number for a laugh.

• Options

<< <i>Saw a full page ad last night while getting my haircut for the ATB 5oz, It was in a NRA style mag, all about guns and precious metals sales,

I noticed it on the rack, because it had a $20 Saint on the cover. It stated no dealers please and one per house holds, any limited markup to dealer cost, should have called the number for a laugh. >>

WELCOME!
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Saw a full page ad last night while getting my haircut for the ATB 5oz, It was in a NRA style mag, all about guns and precious metals sales,

I noticed it on the rack, because it had a $20 Saint on the cover. It stated no dealers please and one per house holds, any limited markup to dealer cost, should have called the number for a laugh. >>

WELCOME! >>

Thanks,

been lurking for over a year, figured I might as well join
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone have instructions on resubmitting the A-Mark coins to PCGS for grading? >>

And can we use the quarterly CC special to get one free?

Edited to add: I think I might get my Amark pucks on Friday. Being in Phoenix, the pucks have arrived in town already. Don't know if Fedex will hold them just to hold them or if they will try to deliver them tomorrow. >>

I don't think you can use the special. These have to be submitted under the "Regular" service, while the special is for "Economy" only.

-Paul
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And speaking about ads for ATB coins, did anyone else notice the full page ad in this week's print issue of CW for first strike sets of slabbed BU/GEM PCGS or NGC slabs...your choice...selling price "only" $3,998.00!

I wonder how much they're BUYING them for?
  • Options

I know that my issue of American Rifleman (NRA Journal) last month had a full page ad (actually a complete extra front cover added) with an ad for precious metals, and for the 5 oz pucks. But that dealer (Universal Coin and Bullion I think) was left out when the mint excluded AP's selling to other dealers, and boy was he pissed off. The owner of that company was interviewed by CW and NN, and made a public appeal to meet with the mint, but it fell on deaf ears.

• Options

>>

Welcome to the forums!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file