Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    A question for the long time bloggers. What coins have generated this kind of thread size in the past years? Of those coins, which have not retained the premiums that must of generated such following? Can we use the history of this forum to predict what will happen to the 2010 ATBs?
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<BTW,... can anyone confirm, didn't A-Mark say more were going to be sold (or reserved for sale) again at some point today??? >>

Too late...as the herd has now decided that they're going to LOSE money on trhese...and don't want to buy any more! >>

I have checked the site many times and it has not been updated.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A question for the long time bloggers. What coins have generated this kind of thread size in the past years? Of those coins, which have not retained the premiums that must of generated such following? Can we use the history of this forum to predict what will happen to the 2010 ATBs? >>

o7/08 silver eagles
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<BTW,... can anyone confirm, didn't A-Mark say more were going to be sold (or reserved for sale) again at some point today??? >>

Too late...as the herd has now decided that they're going to LOSE money on trhese...and don't want to buy any more! >>

I have checked the site many times and it has not been updated. >>

So Cakes... I'm not dreaming then, right?? They DID say more were going to be sold today... yes?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    FYI- I've been buying a lot of sets second-hand, so far they'd all been from MTB and APMEX. I just bought one from a dealer who said they got their set from Dillon & Gage. It sure loooks like D&G is either working through their list or selling them off to established dealers and customers like Gold Center did.
  • Options
    Does anywone find it strange that Fidelitrade still has the notice on their website that they have left over ATBs for sale. I guess there is still a chance there?
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<A question for the long time bloggers. What coins have generated this kind of thread size in the past years? Of those coins, which have not retained the premiums that must of generated such following? Can we use the history of this forum to predict what will happen to the 2010 ATBs? >>

As of now, I'd say some Plat Eagles and Buffalo gold with a 2008 date might fill that bill. As of now, they're probably still undervalued, but in the longer term are probably good coins to own.
  • Options

<< <i>FYI- I've been buying a lot of sets second-hand, so far they'd all been from MTB and APMEX. I just bought one from a dealer who said they got their set from Dillon & Gage. It sure loooks like D&G is either working through their list or selling them off to established dealers and customers like Gold Center did. >>

The only thing I have seen from DG is that they update the date saying they are not selling to the public.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A question for the long time bloggers. What coins have generated this kind of thread size in the past years? Of those coins, which have not retained the premiums that must of generated such following? Can we use the history of this forum to predict what will happen to the 2010 ATBs? >>

Read this one from page one to the end.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Big E has the best advice this morning: It's a mad, mad, mad world.

No boat that I know of is sinking when the price will surely stand above what you bought 'em for.

Some of the designs are lacking, for sure. But they are not of dead people, recycled classic images, or abstracts of Liberty. Finally, the USM is waking up to the fact that the Canadians have been giving us a good ribbing in coin design by displaying real tangible things that the country is famous for.

The new flippers will hopefully stick around when it's all said and done and make more contributions. There's no reason to denounce folks. They took the small effort to sign up and contribute unlike all of the lurkers. This hobby could USE a new influx. Don't scare these guys away.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

Read this one from page one to the end. >>

<

<< I have received $2100 for a PCGS 1st strike MS 70 and $650 for a ER MS70 NGC in the past month. My 1st strike 69's have not been selling even though I am only asking $529 for them. >>

Weren't the PCGS FS MS70's selling for above $4,000 back in the day? (Just for cakes) >>

yes but theres only 1 of them we have a series of 5 so with that in mind at 500 a piece times 5 is.............. wait for it 2500 for all those who missed the 2008/2007 this is the next best thing. 5 Oz of pure silver......and in 2 to 3 more years i can come back and resurect this thread good luck cakes

Man I need the luck. As of now I don't actually have a set in hand. I have a couple of confirmations, that's it.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Read this one from page one to the end. >>

<

<< I have received $2100 for a PCGS 1st strike MS 70 and $650 for a ER MS70 NGC in the past month. My 1st strike 69's have not been selling even though I am only asking $529 for them. >>

Weren't the PCGS FS MS70's selling for above $4,000 back in the day? (Just for cakes) >>

yes but theres only 1 of them we have a series of 5 so with that in mind at 500 a piece times 5 is.............. wait for it 2500 for all those who missed the 2008/2007 this is the next best thing. 5 Oz of pure silver......and in 2 to 3 more years i can come back and resurect this thread good luck cakes

Man I need the luck. As of now I don't actually have a set in hand. I have a couple of confirmations, that's it. >>

You are doing better than me, I don't even have a confirmation yet.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>just spoke with MTB to make sure they applied my check to my account. they said my set is slated to be sent tomorrow. sweet! >>

So I just called as well... mine will be out the door by Monday. >>

When did the check clear your account? Mine was on the 13th of Jan.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And some flips just never pan out despite a "low mintage".

Go on eBay and see what the State Quarter "Formation of the Union" sets are selling for. Only 50,000 were made and the original cost was $49.95.

If anyone needs several of these still sealed in the shrink wrap, please let me know image >>

$3.75!!

image >>

That set includes $6.50 face in addition to the bookimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>just spoke with MTB to make sure they applied my check to my account. they said my set is slated to be sent tomorrow. sweet! >>

When did the check clear your account? Mine was on the 13th of Jan. >>

Same here... Jan 13th
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    << just spoke with MTB to make sure they applied my check to my account. they said my set is slated to be sent tomorrow. sweet! >>

my check cleared my bank account on January 11th.
  • Options

<< <i><< just spoke with MTB to make sure they applied my check to my account. they said my set is slated to be sent tomorrow. sweet! >>

my check cleared my bank account on January 11th. >>

So it's safe to say that by this time next week, we should all have our MTB coins in hand! image
  • Options

<< <i>So it's safe to say that by this time next week, we should all have our MTB coins in hand! image >>

I can't wait to see how both A-Mark and MTB sending sets out over the next week will impact the resell market.
  • Options
    Has anyone received a shipping notice from AMark today? Mine order was in the first 350 (meaning a possible shipment today, based on what I've read here), but I discovered yesterday in a DOH! moment that my shipping address didn't match the one on PP. Amark left me a very courteous message--the clerk went on for awhile about it-- saying that there was a problem because my shipping address didn't match the address on paypal. She told me to call back and we'd get it worked out. No big deal.

So I give them a call this morning, thinking I could give them an addy that matched the PP one, but they just said "we're working on it" and didn't ask me any specifics about my account, which sort of befuddled me. They didn't want to spend the time to talk to me. My guess is that this is more of a common problem than they thought (since my order # was very low) and they are trying to come up with a resolution that keeps them from calling hundreds of people.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>let me be the first to claim...

a milk spot!

image >>

Got a pic?
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    .... and they are trying to come up with a resolution that keeps them from calling hundreds of people. >>

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>.... and they are trying to come up with a resolution that keeps them from calling hundreds of people. >>

>>

Good to see you back, sponge. I thought maybe you were holed up in a pineapple under the sea waiting for the 5 oz. storm to blow over.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.... and they are trying to come up with a resolution that keeps them from calling hundreds of people. >>

>>

Good to see you back, sponge. I thought maybe you were holed up in a pineapple under the sea waiting for the 5 oz. storm to blow over. >>

Nah. I had to stop Patrick from taking my coin collection to play tiddlywinks.

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone received a shipping notice from AMark today? Mine order was in the first 350 (meaning a possible shipment today, based on what I've read here), but I discovered yesterday in a DOH! moment that my shipping address didn't match the one on PP. Amark left me a very courteous message--the clerk went on for awhile about it-- saying that there was a problem because my shipping address didn't match the address on paypal. She told me to call back and we'd get it worked out. No big deal.

So I give them a call this morning, thinking I could give them an addy that matched the PP one, but they just said "we're working on it" and didn't ask me any specifics about my account, which sort of befuddled me. They didn't want to spend the time to talk to me. My guess is that this is more of a common problem than they thought (since my order # was very low) and they are trying to come up with a resolution that keeps them from calling hundreds of people. >>

I spoke with AMark, they said they would be shipping out coins by the end of the week.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    until someone receives a ship notification, everything is rumor

• Options

Has anyone got the current non PCGS pops on the ATB 5 ounce?

Ed.
  • Options
    You have no idea how tempted I am to start the " I have my A-Mark Tracking #" or " I heard AP XXX sold their ENTIRE allotment to dealer XYZ" thread just to see where it would go next! Would love to start a feeding frenzy and sit back & watch the show! image
  • Options

<< <i>You have no idea how tempted I am to start the " I have my A-Mark Tracking #" or " I heard AP XXX sold their ENTIRE allotment to dealer XYZ" thread just to see where it would go next! Would love to start a feeding frenzy and sit back & watch the show! image >>

Do it if you want to!
  • Options
    Any intel on how the A-mark and MTB coins are shipping?, USPS, UPS, FedEx?
  • Options
    Just got my ATB - 4 really outstanding coins out of 5 - only Yosemite as a hit mark on M of UNUM image
    MT
  • Options

<< <i>Any intel on how the A-mark and MTB coins are shipping?, USPS, UPS, FedEx? >>

Spoke with A-Mark earlier... they will ship by end of the week - fedex to reg address. USPS to PO boxes.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>And some flips just never pan out despite a "low mintage".

Go on eBay and see what the State Quarter "Formation of the Union" sets are selling for. Only 50,000 were made and the original cost was $49.95.

If anyone needs several of these still sealed in the shrink wrap, please let me know image >>

$3.75!!

image >>

That set includes $6.50 face in addition to the bookimage >>

It just never took off. If you can get $15-$20 for one (as a seller) that's a good deal!
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any intel on how the A-mark and MTB coins are shipping?, USPS, UPS, FedEx? >>

same question....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    OK.. No lie! I know I just posted about posting a fake "my coins have shipped email" just for laughs.... BUT THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

I received an email from A-Mark at 8:49PM... text follows. Strangely though... .NO TRACKING INFO! Logging into the A-Mark website didn't help. No info there either. And yes... I had a low order #

Hello XXXXXX!,
    Good news! You order has been shipped.
    Order Number: X1
    Order Details: http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/orderdetails.aspx?orderid=X1
    Date Ordered: Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Billing Address
    XXXXXXX

Shipping Address
    XXXXXX

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Just got the same email from A-Mark myself. No mention anywhere of a tracking number which is puzzling to say the least.

A-Mark Direct, LLC

Hello Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx!,
    Order Number: 4X
    Order Details: http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/orderdetails.aspx?orderid=4X

Billing Address
    Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx
    XXX Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx
    Xxxxx XXXXX
    Xxx Xxxxxx United States

Shipping Address
    Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx
    XXX Xxxxxx Xxxxxx
    Xxxxx XXXXX
    Xxx Xxxxxx United States

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got the same email from A-Mark myself. No mention anywhere of a tracking number which is puzzling to say the least.

A-Mark Direct, LLC

Hello Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx!,
    Order Number: 4X
    Order Details: http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/orderdetails.aspx?orderid=4X

Billing Address
    Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx
    XXX Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx
    Xxxxx XXXXX
    Xxx Xxxxxx United States

Shipping Address
    Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx
    XXX Xxxxxx Xxxxxx
    Xxxxx XXXXX
    Xxx Xxxxxx United States

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping >>

Same here!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto! Shipped as well! Also no tracking number.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Weird. A friend of mine got his shipping email from A-Mark and it has a tracking number, but no billing address like the ones posted here. His order # is around 150, so maybe they fixed the emails after they started sending them?
  • Options
    Here my coins from MTB

MT
  • Options
    shipped as well, with tracking number.

checked with fedex, pickup up at 5:12pm today, delivery by Jan 31 4:30pm (east coast)
  • Options
    Same here
  • Options
    ok, so who is going to call the beginning of "price destruction" on the 'bay
  • Options
    A-mark shipped with tracking number via FedEx. Delivery scheduled for Monday 1/31.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Nice pics + Good job, thanks for posting! image
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

No amark email here. Order # 63X.

• Options

<< <i>Just got my ATB - 4 really outstanding coins out of 5 - only Yosemite as a hit mark on M of UNUM image >>

Very nice.
    How did MTB ship them?
  • Options
    I tried to login and check on my AMark order but the page won't let me log in.

Has anyone else tried and been successful or is this something that doesn't work?
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    Got the Amark email order number 8x, Mine did have a Fedex tracking number and Monday is the estimated delivery.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got my ATB - 4 really outstanding coins out of 5 - only Yosemite as a hit mark on M of UNUM image >>

Very nice. Who did you buy from and how did they ship? >>

I just post pics too - I got mine from MTB shipped UPS, the packaging from MTB was OUTSTANDING.
    MT
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file