Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options

<< <i>...is there a summary to the last 24 hours of the saga? >>

Here's my summary: A-Mark shipped a sh*tload of ATB 5oz rounds this week! Mine was in the group shipped and FedEx is on the way!! image
  • Options
    Any PO Boxers get a shipping confirmation e-mail yet or just fedexers?
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    fedex. street shipping address = paypal address.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>First in hand A-Mark set up on ebay...

A-Mark in Hand >>

Just dropped the price $250 after 2 hours. Should be free by this time tomorrow... >>

The sellers feedback will not help. >>

At first glance i think you are right , but a click of the mouse reveals he was perhaps unfairly negged on a $1 item. I wouldn't let feedback in this instance bother me , i wouldn't pay the asking price either but that's another story. >>

Can you imagine, getting a negative for a $1 item, a Tron coin, image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread would die in my absence. Did I miss anything in the last week?
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    My power went out about 24 hours ago....

seriously...

is there a summary to the last 24 hours of the saga?

anyone new go on sale today?

anyone officially go OFF sale today?.......

then i guess you were to busy to find out that they closed the mint hq sales kiosk at 3:00, as i got there
    at 3:05.... maybe gettysburgs tomorrow

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Someone mentioned that the US Mint is recalling these sets.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought this thread would die in my absence. Did I miss anything in the last week? >>

jessewvu, someone upthread requested that you add the following information to your first post so it's easy to find.

PCGS #
    505100 2010 25C Hot Springs NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    505101 2010 25C Yellowstone NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    505102 2010 25C Yosemite NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    505104 2010 25C Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS

it'll cost $30 for regular $50 for express (no need to pay for First strike if sending the A-Marks because it'll be a "regrade")
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My power went out about 24 hours ago....

seriously...

anyone officially go OFF sale today?.......

then i guess you were to busy to find out that they closed the mint hq sales kiosk at 3:00, as i got there
    at 3:05.... maybe gettysburgs tomorrow
    image >>

did they reschedule the release date at Gettysburg? I thought I had mssed it.

awww carp....

they did the release party already
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Someone mentioned that the US Mint is recalling these sets. >>

joke
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>it'll cost $30 for regular $50 for express (no need to pay for First strike if sending the A-Marks because it'll be a "regrade") >>

What? We won't have to pay $18 each for First Strike designation on the A-Mark pieces? Are you sure?
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>it'll cost $30 for regular $50 for express (no need to pay for First strike if sending the A-Marks because it'll be a "regrade") >>

What? We won't have to pay $18 each for First Strike designation on the A-Mark pieces? Are you sure? >>

Yes, All AMark coins will be First Strike BU. Not a bad deal considering the costs of slabbing these.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Oh my, you totally missed it. The market crashed on these and we're now into the 'who can bend the puck into a taco bare-handed without pucking it up' contest. Youtube entries only.

<< <i>My power went out about 24 hours ago....

seriously...

anyone officially go OFF sale today? >>

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    HSN said on last night's broadcast that they had 2500 coins, 500 sets, graded and of that, 210 sets came back
    in 69.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Not feeling the love from A-Mark...order #4xx, and e-mailed a couple hours ago about status of my order. Received the following back:

"Your order has not been shipped yet. You will receive an email with a tracking number once it has."

Lots of good that does me! If it matters to anyone who may have figured out a system here, the shipping address I entered was not the same as my PayPal address and was a street address. >>

From what i understood from them - any PayPal order that is still "Pending" will be worked on one by one... (to fix the issues - non confirmed addresses, different shipping vs billing, restricted PayPal accounts etc.) and seems like will be taken care of after the PayPal "Completed" orders are shipped. >>

I messed up my zip code in the A-mark on-line sale thrash. In paypal, at that time my incorrect zip showed for the ship to address. I called the 310 319 0388 number the next day, humbly explained how I screwed up, the gal changed the A-mark zip info and my papal ship to address updated the next day to the correct zip. My order shipped today.

Call the number! Amark is west coast, I think they'll answer that number until 6p their time. >>

I had a similar problem. I got a call from AMark telling me I had put a different addy on their shipping line than I had for PP. Tried to clear it up by calling back and they said "I think those have been worked out" without asking me any specifics about my account. Oh well, I'll get it when I get it. When I see the order canceled on PP I'll be worried.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Noticed one set of paper weights for sale earlier today at the Suburban Detroit Commercial Coin Show in Livonia Michigan. The five coins were in plain round plastic holders, and seemed not to have any conspicuous faults. When I inquired, out of a freely expressed curiosity, with no intention of buying, the dealer said he was asking $2500. If anyone pulled out a wad of cash, they probably could have obtained the set for quite a bit less. The show is on tomorrow, Friday, from 10 to 6, and then again for most of the day on Saturday.
  • Options

<< <i>

What? We won't have to pay $18 each for First Strike designation on the A-Mark pieces? Are you sure? >>

Yes, I spoke with PCGS earlier today, and they verified that since these will be a regrade of FS coins, you wont have to pay for keeping them FS.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I spoke with PCGS earlier today, and they verified that since these will be a regrade of FS coins, you wont have to pay for keeping them FS. >>

That's fantastic! If mine look good they will be going to PCGS for sure then. I figured we'd have to pay an extra $18 to keep the FS designation on them. image
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm anxious to hear some quality reports on the amarks
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

A-Mark in Hand >>

Just dropped the price $250 after 2 hours. Should be free by this time tomorrow... >>

At first glance i think you are right , but a click of the mouse reveals he was perhaps unfairly negged on a $1 item. I wouldn't let feedback in this instance bother me , i wouldn't pay the asking price either but that's another story. >>

Can you imagine, getting a negative for a $1 item, a Tron coin, image >>

It seems like our San Diego friend got a little more caught up with the times (and prices)... his new listing
  • Options

<< <i>HSN said on last night's broadcast that they had 2500 coins, 500 sets, graded and of that, 210 sets came back in 69. >>

do they even have 500 employees?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm anxious to hear some quality reports on the amarks >>

My brother got his box (no one took it! got to love LA (in NY, it would have been gone within a hour))... anyway... it seems like the Yosemite has the same mark we saw on the MTB's - on GW's face. Others look fine, 2 have minor stuff and 2 look great. (he sent me pics - but cant really see anything from them)
  • Options

<< <i>

Can you imagine, getting a negative for a $1 item, a Tron coin,

>>

Looks like the coinsantiques of Tron Legacy tokens. Well, minus the dozen accounts part.
  • Options

A-Mark in Hand

Just dropped the price $250 after 2 hours. Should be free by this time tomorrow...

The sellers feedback will not help.

At first glance i think you are right , but a click of the mouse reveals he was perhaps unfairly negged on a $1 item. I wouldn't let feedback in this instance bother me , i wouldn't pay the asking price either but that's another story.

It seems like our San Diego friend got a little more caught up with the times (and prices)... his new listing >>

New guy here! But been reading this thread since it was in the 100's page. Anyways! Been reading up on that San Diego guy. I kinda noticed that his auction kept changing shortly after things were being mentioned on this forum about what was wrong with his ad. I think he's been watching this thread!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Looks like the coinsantiques of Tron Legacy tokens. Well, minus the dozen accounts part. >>

Tron is really cool though. If he's making money off them, its a win for him!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been off-line for a couple of days, no time to catch up now but...

I just read the cover story in CW with the pic of the line at GC where the only actual "public" who got coins from him waited. It kills me how he is always portrayed in a positive light by CW and NN - such the victim, just trying to sell to the public -when he is clearly the worst of the APs in terms of bulk sale violations to date.

Second, I just love this from p.62 under the section "Policy Violations?": "Coin World contacted the Mint for comment on the situation. Gordon Hume, the Mint's deputy director of public affairs, stated, "The United States Mint has no evidence that the Authorized Purchasers are violating the terms and conditions of the program."

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? HOW INCOMPETENT can they be??? HOW many folks have emailed/called/faxed info regarding GC bulk sales?? Just amazing. Only the Govt.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Mine are on the way from A-Mark! Here's the FedEx tracking:

Tracking no.: 47975834****

In transit
    LOS ANGELES, CA Shipment Dates
    Ship date Jan 27, 2011
    Estimated delivery Feb 1, 2011 by 4:30 PM
    Destination

Shipment Service type Express Saver - Direct Signature Required
  • Options

<< <i>
    Second, I just love this from p.62 under the section "Policy Violations?": "Coin World contacted the Mint for comment on the situation. Gordon Hume, the Mint's deputy director of public affairs, stated, "The United States Mint has no evidence that the Authorized Purchasers are violating the terms and conditions of the program."

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? HOW INCOMPETENT can they be??? HOW many folks have emailed/called/faxed info regarding GC bulk sales?? Just amazing. Only the Govt. >>

I dunno...I'm not surprised. They don't have any hard evidence in hand--that would require an audit. They're being careful to avoid libelous statements, probably. Pretty lame fed-talk BS statement though. Maybe the subtle wink to the reporter didn't make it to print.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

A-Mark in Hand >>

He ended the auction, opened the package (I guess he took the feedback comment to heart), and relisted with a sub $2K start.
    Auction link He has to love all the free press. Come out, come out, who ever you are. I will say he got a raw deal on the negative, I blocked the guy who left it.

here is a pic of the coins, notice the shipping box underneath them.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    What order numbers are already getting shipments/emails from AMark?

Thx
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Amark order in the low 300's, PP complete and CC charged, but no shipping comfirmation yet. Hopefully amark is saving the best coins for last.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it will take to get to the 2000s where I have a couple orders???
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder how long it will take to get to the 2000s where I have a couple orders??? >>

Should ship by the end of next week if they keep rolling as they have thus far.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Been off-line for a couple of days, no time to catch up now but...

I just read the cover story in CW with the pic of the line at GC where the only actual "public" who got coins from him waited. It kills me how he is always portrayed in a positive light by CW and NN - such the victim, just trying to sell to the public -when he is clearly the worst of the APs in terms of bulk sale violations to date.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? HOW INCOMPETENT can they be??? HOW many folks have emailed/called/faxed info regarding GC bulk sales?? Just amazing. Only the Govt. >>

Yeah I was one of those who spent some time sending in articles. I even copied my receipt to show that he was charging 975 and not writting down any sales tax. All he wrote was 975, talked to the state people and they told me last week there going to take a look. In the last CW article he stated he would not do these anymore so I thought that meant the mint shut him down, guess not. As far as ampex goes, that guy was pissed at us for shutting his price gouging down, and this is just his childish way of showing it. He can hold out to the last ap's sell and its not going to bother him, plus if anyone is cherrypicking, its going to be them. I hope the others sell before ampex starts, by than i will be done buying and can skip them. Also agree about alot of people reading this thread, maybe we need a secret thread password. lol image have a great day all.....................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly, Hausman is a staunch defender of capitalism and is yet another poor individual who is being victimized by the government. Yeah, right. This whole fiasco stinks to High Heaven.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Presale prices are dropping. Here is one example.

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My AMark Puck set is due to arrive 1Feb. and my order number was 11xx.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Been off-line for a couple of days, no time to catch up now but...

The government sees ONLY what it WANTS to see.

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    A-Mark order 44x due to arrive 1/31. Was in Indy yesterday! I received the confirm Wednesday night (with tracking number)

I used the same shipping address as my PP address (not a PO Box) so that may help.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    For those getting them ship to a PO Box has anyone received tracking info...my order was within the first 100 placed and I still havent received shipping info
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    A-Mark order 5x

Got the shipping notices on the 26th, but I have no idea when its comming : (
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? HOW INCOMPETENT can they be??? HOW many folks have emailed/called/faxed info regarding GC bulk sales?? Just amazing. Only the Govt. >>

The government sees ONLY what it WANTS to see.

image >>

I Know Nothing!

Yep - I, too, sent an email. But "Money Talks, Bullsh** Walks" I guess. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A-Mark order 5x

Got the shipping notices on the 26th, but I have no idea when its comming : ( >>

Send an email to A-Mark requesting your tracking #, that's how I got mine. Use the following email address:

efren@amark.com
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    poor efren...he's about to get hammered with emails
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    That presale "only" made an $800+ profit...
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those getting them ship to a PO Box has anyone received tracking info...my order was within the first 100 placed and I still havent received shipping info >>

No.

This was two different replies I received from one inquiry yesterday.

"There is no problem with your order; however FedEx does not ship to P.O. boxes. We will ship your coin set via US Postal Service."

"They are not being shipped in order number. Your order has not been shipped yet, you will receive an email confirmation when it has."
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I just read the cover story in CW with the pic of the line at GC where the only actual "public" who got coins from him waited. It kills me how he is always portrayed in a positive light by CW and NN - such the victim, just trying to sell to the public -when he is clearly the worst of the APs in terms of bulk sale violations to date.

Clearly, Hausman is a staunch defender of capitalism and is yet another poor individual who is being victimized by the government. Yeah, right. This whole fiasco stinks to High Heaven. >>

Yup, quite a story. At most I'd say there were 250 people total, he claimed 500. At most 12 manpower people got booted outta line, he claimed 60...Nonsense.
    If you look at the CW pic, on the left side were 50 people, sets 1-50. To the right of the driveway were starting #'s 51 through the end. Thus, I stick by my estimate of at most 250 sets sold out the front, 2,750 sold out the back...Oh Ya, wonder where all the cherries came from...Hmmmm...image
  • Options
    I just got my graded coin of Yellowstone back from PCGS. All I can say as far as the size of the thing is OMG! Can't imagine the NGC.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got my graded coin of Yellowstone back from PCGS. All I can say as far as the size of the thing is OMG! Can't imagine the NGC. >>

I just got off the phone with our host. I really wanted to get a set of these in the Secure PLus Holders, waahhhhh No GO Don"t know why but sounds like it something there not going to do. But it would have been fun to see. So Whats the grade of your yellowstone? did you submit a whole set? Mine will be on there way today and will know in a week and a half. Good luck to everyone whos sending them back image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd say...for everyone worried about the price of silver/gold/plat going forward, we seem to have hit bottom and are recovering quite bit of lost ground today.

And yeah...yeah...I know...this isn't the PM forum!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file