Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I may have a set of ATB 5 ozers coming to me.
    I was looking at PCGS website to fill out a form to get them graded, but, not sure what to use:

Modern ($14) w/ 1st strike ($18), but how much for the larger holders and do I need to check another box?

Thx, T >>

It's been so long since DW posted the info.

I think they have to go under "Mint Errors" haha. just kidding

I know you can't use Modern $14. I think they have to go under "Regular $30"

someone straighten me out.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at PCGS website to fill out a form to get them graded, but, not sure what to use:

Modern ($14) w/ 1st strike ($18), but how much for the larger holders and do I need to check another box?

Thx, T >>

Regular is the minimum service level that they will allow for these. This is how they take the extra charge into account for the larger holders. Of course, you can also use Express.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>at least 2 points, maybe 3 higher at NGC.

Especially Moderns. >>

I certainly understand Brian's post. That said, the 90+% 69s from NGC vs. that about 20% from PCGS does make one lean towards the above. >>

I think the difference mostly lies in the quality of the coins each grading service has received thus far. Time will tell. >>

Of course, you may well be right. If so, they did a fantastic job of cherry picking! It is a stunning percentage of 69s.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx, T >>

I think that you have to go with the $30 regular service on these. Then add $18 if you want FS.

• << <i>

Thx, T >>

Regular is the minimum service level that they will allow for these. This is how they take the extra charge into account for the larger holders. Of course, you can also use Express. >>

I think I'd examine them first. Might not be worth it if they grade out at MS-66. I dunno. Grand Canyon MS-66 went today for 100 bucks over a raw coin that went yesterday. But things are in a huge state of flux. Nice and exciting.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

<< <i>a little under 3 hours for this sealed box special!

currently residing @ $2,351.99 in Lonestar, TX >>

Brought over $1500 less than miles' set (miles - you made history with that one!!).

• Oh, I guess if it's ~$50 a coin to grade, that's not bad. Probably worth it sight unseen.

<< <i>

Thx, T >>

It's been so long since DW posted the info.

I think they have to go under "Mint Errors" haha. just kidding

I know you can't use Modern $14. I think they have to go under "Regular $30"

someone straighten me out. >>

Correct, Regular + $18 for FS.

• << <i>

<< <i>a little under 3 hours for this sealed box special!

currently residing @ $2,351.99 in Lonestar, TX >>

Brought over $1500 less than miles' set (miles - you made history with that one!!). >>

Yeah, Miles hit the jackpot bigtime. Didn't even have to find the scissors!
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? There can't be that many left.

<< <i>

<< <i>$5,276.76
    ebay >>

Sounds crazy but with the early release labels on those coins I bet that buyer can turn a decent profit in 6-mo to a year even at that price. >>

Brian-

Just curious...what's you guess at the percent of NGC 69s when submitted from all comers (i.e, not cherry-picked) based on what you've seen of NGC graded coins?

Thanks!

R-
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx, T >>

PCGS ... Regular...$30 ( Modern not eligible for pucks )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? There can't be that many left. >>

A-Mark, on Tues. http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/

Still have Dillon G., APMEX, CNT

What's w/Prudential????????????????

• << <i>Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? There can't be that many left. >>

Amark is next, 10am PST, Jan 18th.

With theirs sold, I think around 15,000 will be distributed out of 33,000. Very rough guestimate.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>$5,276.76
    ebay >>

Sounds crazy but with the early release labels on those coins I bet that buyer can turn a decent profit in 6-mo to a year even at that price. >>

Brian-

Just curious...what's you guess at the percent of NGC 69s when submitted from all comers (i.e, not cherry-picked) based on what you've seen of NGC graded coins?

Thanks!

R- >>

It is hard to say right now since many people (myself included) seem to be sending whatever they received in for grading. That won't be the case in the future as new market conditions will create more options and many lesser quality specimens wont make their way into the grading room as they are now. I do believe the percentage of 69's at NGC will drop much lower than it is currently though and soon. They aren't just slapping an MS69 on every coin as it may appear now. That being said they are grading slightly higher than PCGS and I would take a PCGS ATB coin in the same grade over an NGC one any day. The PCGS coins in MS68 and MS69 are very strong and should command a good premium.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    you must not be referring to moderns then.

a modern in holders grading less than 69 are dogs. might as well sell them RAW, or sealed.

who says the majority of NGC grading 69 are cherry picked? that may not be true at all.

my experience with NGC is many moderns make at least 69, when there are issues (heavy hits, etc) they go lower.

based on what i've seen already, I would go with NGC with these. odds are you pull 69's. ebay $$ shows you will profit more than with 65/66/67 pcgs.
  • So, Is Amark only taking Paypal payments for these pucks on the 18th?

• << <i>So, Is Amark only taking Paypal payments for these pucks on the 18th? >>

That would be reasonable to assume since there will not be any pucks available from Amark after the 18th.

• << <i>you must not be referring to moderns then.

a modern in holders grading less than 69 are dogs. might as well sell them RAW, or sealed.

who says the majority of NGC grading 69 are cherry picked? that may not be true at all.

my experience with NGC is many moderns make at least 69, when there are issues (heavy hits, etc) they go lower.

based on what i've seen already, I would go with NGC with these. odds are you pull 69's. ebay $$ shows you will profit more than with 65/66/67 pcgs. >>

Not all moderns in MS68 holders are dogs. Not by a long shot. Satin Finish and business strike coins grading 68 are highly sought after and command a premium. As for modern proof coins and commems grading less than 69 you would be correct.

The value of the grade all lies with the quality of the coins and how hard it is to obtain the higher grades. These are bullion coins that weren’t produced for collectors. Since the grades widely vary on these I do say an MS68 is a strong grade for these coins in particular. If these graded an average of MS60 an MS65 would be considered a high grade.

I received my ATB set from APMEX on Friday Dec 24th. They were at NGC the following Monday. I received grades just yesterday. It doesn’t get any faster than that. The fact of the matter is not many of these coins have made it into the hands of collectors and one has to question where the first 200 NGC graded sets actually came from.

A few sets to choose from..…maybe 3,700 or so, a couple good graders and before you know it you have a lot of extremely high quality coins off to NGC.

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? There can't be that many left. >>

With theirs sold, I think around 15,000 will be distributed out of 33,000. Very rough guestimate. >>

So what's their process gonna be? One phone line from 3 AM to 4 AM? Random faxes picked out of a drum?
    Thanks for the great commentary guys!

What Brian says about the percentage of coins graded in the future is interesting. I would think that there is some time pressure for those who intend to sell to get the coins on Ebay double ASAP while the prices are still high but rapidly dropping w/more APs poised to sell. This of course contrasts w/the rapidly approaching ER deadline. Take the still (though definitely lower) large premiums on raw coins or try for the 69s and esp. ERs??? The dilemma of the moment....

<< <i>

<< <i>

With theirs sold, I think around 15,000 will be distributed out of 33,000. Very rough guestimate. >>

So what's their process gonna be? One phone line from 3 AM to 4 AM? Random faxes picked out of a drum? >>

So what's their process gonna be? One phone line from 3 AM to 4 AM? Random faxes picked out of a drum? >>

Based on previous posts, it looks like online. If we can all crash The Mint's computer, what will be w/A-Mark's???

As to the other 15K or so, I guess that The Mint's just cool w/those APs sitting on them or doing the "Friends of GC" bulk dealer sales thing despite the AP agreement. Great.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one ever answered... How does PCGS ship these big slabs? Do they have a "big" blue box?
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? ........ If we can all crash The Mint's computer, what will be w/A-Mark's??? >>

Anyone else starting to get a little uneasy about this A-Mark "sale" next Tuesday? Is this a setup? After the crash, will a new splash go up a la Dillon-Gage & CNT??? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>No one ever answered... How does PCGS ship these big slabs? Do they have a "big" blue box? >>

Mine arrived in a USPS Priority Mail box inside of which was a smaller, cardboard box w/the slabs each in bubble wrap. They were very well packaged w/respect to avoiding shipping damage but there was no blue box or other box which could be used for storage.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is the exact cut off date for NGC early release, 21?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    I see that after getting over $5K for his/her NGC ER 69 set, segoja has another one up. It looks like he/she has a nice supply. I not that the item location is Chicago, IL. Now this GC friend is REALLY doing well. I wonder how many 69 ER sets he/she has. At around $4K profit/set, not bad indeed. It's amazing how virtually everyone on Ebay w/numerous sets seems to go back to GC. The Mint could care less...

I wonder whether segoja will be the coinsantiques of the NGC 69ER sets w/a massive supply.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just got my coins back from PCGS and looked at them for the first time. They are a little comical and now I see why a 70 is nearly impossible. I'm going to sell them quick because I think the NGC slabs will be the winners here for sure. Heck, maybe I should just send them into NGC for the ER slab and 69 grade. I bet my 66's would grade 69 at NGC. >>

A three point increase in grade? That's doubtful. >>

Maybe if your check has HSN on it.imageimage >>

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At around $4K profit/set, not bad indeed >>

You are assuming he is getting them at issue price, which I doubt. He at one point had strong buy ads on the BST, offering $2K weeks ago.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anybody find out what MCM is paying direct - they have a full page ad BUYING in CW >>

We bought some early on at what seemed like reasonable prices, but as you all know supply continues to increase and prices have dropped dramatically. I've seen where some on this forum and ebay have already flipped their sets for more than we anticipate getting retail. Several AP's haven't even begun selling. There is a lagtime from the time we submit ads to when they hit. During that time period we decided it would be prudent to wait a while longer and then resume buying later as the trend in prices clearly has downward pressure. Otherwise the prices we quote would probably be shrugged off as too cheap and nobody wins, customers think we are trying to lowball and we don't buy the sets. We'll just sit back for now and work with what little we have. We will post something on the BST when we resume buying them.

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re Paypal...is there a "guest"" option in the event you don't want to set up a full account?

A friend at work wants to try his hand on Tuesday, but needless to say my account is already spoken for.
  • The Amark ad says credit cards will be accepted through Paypal, but I'm wondering if you will be able to place an online order and send in a personal check as a payment option?
  • drfishdrfish Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    MCM has prices up for presale NGC BU set $2695 ms68 set $3695 ms69 set $4495
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    this should keep raw sets in the 2100-2200 range

i guess the $5000+ NGC 69 ER sets will be dropping like a rock on feebay, hope one forum members set has been paid for by the buyer......
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i guess the $5000+ NGC 69 ER sets will be dropping like a rock on feebay, hope one forum members set has been paid for by the buyer...... >>

We always try to set our price lower than others and usually that establishes a floor not the introductory or hype prices frequently seen on ebay when an item is brand spanking new. That said, it's all about supply and increasing supply if not met with an equal or greater amount of demand, will create falling prices on all of these sets, raw or certified, NGC or PCGS. If demand is strong we may go higher, conversely if we see sets selling below our price elsewhere we may go lower. We will raise or lower the price right before the item switches from the pre sale request projected price to the actual in stock price if warranted.

Edited to add: Also, what a few sets realize at auction early on rarely indicates what the realistic retail price should be....

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

I wake up to find this thread on page 3???? How can that be?

<< <i>

<< <i>At around $4K profit/set, not bad indeed >>

You are assuming he is getting them at issue price, which I doubt. He at one point had strong buy ads on the BST, offering $2K weeks ago. >>

Great point. I didn't know that he was a forum member. So he didn't gut a bunch from GC?

<< <i>Re Paypal...is there a "guest"" option in the event you don't want to set up a full account?

A friend at work wants to try his hand on Tuesday, but needless to say my account is already spoken for. >>

Cough, "friend," "try his hand,"......... sounds like a "buy it/share the flip profit" idea.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Re Paypal...is there a "guest"" option in the event you don't want to set up a full account?

A friend at work wants to try his hand on Tuesday, but needless to say my account is already spoken for. >>

Cough, "friend," "try his hand,"......... sounds like a "buy it/share the flip profit" idea. >>

Unless your PayPal account is "confirmed," you will be limited to how much you can charge in one month. It used to be $500 but I'm not sure if that is still so. Does anyone know if Amark has an eBay account?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    FWIW, I went through the paypal CC credit card confirmation process this morning. I have no idea what the guest limits on paypal CC limits may be; I have paypal $$$ to cover the purchase, but because Amark suggests "CC accepted thru paypal"l I thought I'd cover that base as well. Who knows what payment method is acceptable when the SHTF.

My two centavos.
    How is this supposed to work on Tuesday, via website, phone???

<< <i>How is this supposed to work on Tuesday, via website, phone??? >>

On-line website orders is my understanding.
  • When you pay by Pay Pal, you can pay with money that is already in your account. You don't have to pay by credit card.
    Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC?

<< <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

Don't know. I see three active NGC early release listings and three completed listings by segoja on fleabay.

Something nefarious? imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>How is this supposed to work on Tuesday, via website, phone??? >>

On-line website orders is my understanding. >>

Their main website or the one they direct you to when you inquire about pucks? This has all the earmarks of a Venusian fire drill.

<< <i>

<< <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

Don't know. I see three active NGC early release listings and three completed listings by segoja on fleabay.

Something nefarious? imageimage >>

They did very well on those sets!

I note in the add that it says that these will be one year type sets as furture issues will not be 3" which is not true. Oh well. Fantastic night for him/her.
  • congrats jesse on your pcgs puck listings. image

edit to add over $1100 for a ms69 very good!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

<< <i>congrats jesse on your pcgs puck listings. image

edit to add over $1100 for a ms69 very good!!! >>

$1115 on a 69!!

I thought that the $695 was too low for a 68! (Esp. when a 66 brought $650 yesterday). I hope that the other 68s are better appreciated. When I saw over $900 for the 67 earlier today I thought that the 68s would do very well. At least the latest 68 was over $900. Overall, very nice!!
  • wow...
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file