Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One hundred full decks! >>

?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 52 cards in a deck.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, he cheated anyway...he edited it image

Capthenway, don't you have at least $118,000 of gold that you need to be getting out the door? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>52 cards in a deck. >>

Yes, I feel stupid...
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they will handle multiple orders as well. Like somebody said earlier this is going to need to be a pretty sophisticated website and for not having one currently I wonder how they will do it. People can just change slight characters in their address field such as putting Street the first time and St. the second to circumvent the ordering process but when checking orders they will find that later, so that could result in an early sell out and then some put back on sale later.
  • Yeah, good question. Perhaps if they include the clause that they will ship to credit card billing addresses only they could conceivably use that to limit purchases.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>One hundred full decks! >>

It gives a good feeling when I understand a joke in english!
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, good question. Perhaps if they include the clause that they will ship to credit card billing addresses only they could conceivably use that to limit purchases. >>

If they do that then I have a problem, as my credit card address is a PO Box. From what I've seen, the AP's won't ship these to a PO Box. Could explain why MTB never emailed me the docs. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • prices are a joke.

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, good question. Perhaps if they include the clause that they will ship to credit card billing addresses only they could conceivably use that to limit purchases. >>

If they do that then I have a problem, as my credit card address is a PO Box. From what I've seen, the AP's won't ship these to a PO Box. Could explain why MTB never emailed me the docs. image >>

Maybe you could change the billing address just for the next couple days to a physical address, or ask a friend or family member to use their credit or debit card for this.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will take a 'stand alone' CC.

They will take Paypal, with your CC linked.

I would then think they ship to the Paypal address.

The question is, how will they take payment other the Paypal?

Will they ship to PO box.

It makes sense now. Guess that's why I've had trouble getting one of these. MTB wanted a copy of my drivers license - that also has the PO Box on it. Even my tax forms go to the PO Box. Everything goes to the PO Box. Paypal has my PO Box. Gee. It's not easy being invisible! image

~ Vince Lombardi
    Has anybody else bought the Silver Quarters Proof set from 2010 so they can have the mini version of these coins to add to their set?

I have - they're beautiful! And guess what - the US Mint has no problem whatsoever shipping them to a PO Box! image

~ Vince Lombardi
    Good news, I am going to buy one tonight, and hope either from FideliTrade or on Tuesday I will be able get the 5oz ones.

I really hope I see my check cashed this weekend or I am going to be hesitant to buy another set on Tuesday. I would rather spend my money on one of the bullion and the numismatic ones than get two of the bullion ones.

Why not buy 2 bullion sets, choose the 5 best pieces, then sell the leftovers on ebay while prices are still good. The profit should be more than enough to enable you to buy the numi set. You know the mint's not going to be letting those sets go for anywhere near what they've required the AP's to sell their's at.

~ Vince Lombardi
    I've never sold something on eBay before and starting with an expensive item like this scares me. Plus nobody would buy from a new seller like me. I just plan to get them graded by PCGS and hold on to them.

Normally I'd agree with you, but as far as these sets go, I haven't seen lower prices going to new sellers. In fact, just the opposite is true. Many people are buying from low or no feedback sellers because they don't want to give their money to the coinsantique guy. See for yourself. The lowest price so far was the $1936 set, and that was one of the coinsantique's auctions. Spend a little time following the auctions. Do a search of the completed auctions to see the price range. Right now selling these things is about as sure a thing as you'll ever see.

~ Vince Lombardi
    Thanks for the advice, I will have to look into it. I'm already watching about every ATB auction on eBay but will have to pay more attention to the feedback's of the sellers.

Most see the coinsantique guy as an experienced seller and profiteer. I'd rather buy something like this from an inexperienced seller because there would be less of a chance of getting a set that's already been picked over. Additionally, ebay owns Paypal and people have come to trust that as long as they use Paypal they're pretty much immune from getting burned. In fact, that's not true at all, but it's what most buyers believe. Perception is everything.

IMHO these initial sets will be worth plenty, but only if you have MS69's. Most of what GC's Hausman said was BS, but I believe he was right on in saying that eventually these pucks will be in the $15K-20K range, but you'd need a set of MS69's for that to happen. There will be a huge price differential between the top tier sets and all the rest. You don't want to miss the boat on this one. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    2011 version, Vicksburg is pretty cool.

• << <i>Has anybody else bought the Silver Quarters Proof set from 2010 so they can have the mini version of these coins to add to their set? >>

I bought and received a number of the clad sets. Many of my sets had fingerprints on the coins and are on their way back to the mint... careless.

I was sold on this series last year when I saw the silver proof set. I like the designs much more than the state quarters. And I'm an outdoor person and so identify more with the concept behind these. I'm going to collect them all. You should collect what you like. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anybody else bought the Silver Quarters Proof set from 2010 so they can have the mini version of these coins to add to their set? >>

I bought and received a number of the clad sets. Many of my sets had fingerprints on the coins and are on their way back to the mint... careless. >>

Sorry to hear that. I stayed away from the clads. I bought 3 silver proof sets & they were just spectacular!

~ Vince Lombardi
    Those 2011s really look great.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody else bought the Silver Quarters Proof set from 2010 so they can have the mini version of these coins to add to their set? >>

I did
  • I bought them for the silver
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I have seen a set of pucks in hand - my first observation?

GOOFY looking.

I just dont know why someone would pay $2g for these.

JMO.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GOOFY looking. >>

Yeah, the Jellystone National Park puck with the bison fur that looks like feathers and the geyser plumes. image
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have seen a set of pucks in hand - my first observation?

GOOFY looking.

I just dont know why someone would pay $2g for these.

JMO. >>

I know you really know the answer to that.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just dont know why someone would pay $2g for these >>

To flip them for $2500?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    anybody find out what MCM is paying direct - they have a full page ad BUYING in CW
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anybody find out what MCM is paying direct - they have a full page ad BUYING in CW >>

I don't know if they are buying anything. I have called twice about selling other coins and they made me leave a message. I did and both times they have not called back.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a repost but it looks like A Mark has updated the time of sale.

http://www.buyamericathebeautifulnow.com/
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

I did >>

I have 5 sets, remember first year prices for the silver state quarters, made money on those and still have 3 ungraded sets. But the prices have gone down on the 1999 quarters as they are out of the limelight.

Yes, and for that very reason. The silver proof set is really a beautiful set as well.
    I just LOVE the Vicksburg. I hope that they mint a zollion of the 2011s. I don't have the energy to go through this B.S. again.
  • As much as I am a fan of drama at the mint, as that's usually the ticket to lower mintage items, this is a fiasco that hopefully the USM can avoid in the future.

Cakes, thanks for the update, I'm going to post it....

<< <i>Most see the coinsantique guy as an experienced seller and profiteer. I'd rather buy something like this from an inexperienced seller because there would be less of a chance of getting a set that's already been picked over. Additionally, ebay owns Paypal and people have come to trust that as long as they use Paypal they're pretty much immune from getting burned. In fact, that's not true at all, but it's what most buyers believe. Perception is everything.

IMHO these initial sets will be worth plenty, but only if you have MS69's. Most of what GC's Hausman said was BS, but I believe he was right on in saying that eventually these pucks will be in the $15K-20K range, but you'd need a set of MS69's for that to happen. There will be a huge price differential between the top tier sets and all the rest. You don't want to miss the boat on this one. image >>

I think that there will be a LOT of NCG 69 sets, possibly an NGC 70 (sure would LOVE to get that one).

The PCGS 69s sets will be hard to assemble - and likely go for big $ as you note. I don't think that there is a complete PCGS 69 set amongst the five or so PCGS sets which have been reported on the forum to date.

The bulk dealers will likely NOT send sets to be graded by PCGS, as we've seen already.

BTW, the ATB Unc. coins set is really nice a well.

• << <i>I just LOVE the Vicksburg. I hope that they mint a zollion of the 2011s. I don't have the energy to go through this B.S. again. >>

I really like the Vicksburg and the Gettysburg also. The ship in the Vicksburg, old ironsides? or old ironclad? need some navel help. image
  • Yep, I think it's safe to say that a PCGS MS70 set will garner moon money. If a full set ever comes into existence.

I've considered the proof silver set, as it's a collectable that I can actually afford to hang onto. I cannot afford to collect the entire series of pucks.
    But the silver proof sets are expensive for what they are....not sure if it's worth it.
  • It would be really nice to assemble a PCGS MS70 set of the numismatic coins, although it will be more expensive to do if the Mint imposes a one per household limit.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my coins back from PCGS and looked at them for the first time. They are a little comical and now I see why a 70 is nearly impossible. I'm going to sell them quick because I think the NGC slabs will be the winners here for sure. Heck, maybe I should just send them into NGC for the ER slab and 69 grade. I bet my 66's would grade 69 at NGC.

• << <i>As much as I am a fan of drama at the mint, as that's usually the ticket to lower mintage items, this is a fiasco that hopefully the USM can avoid in the future.

Cakes, thanks for the update, I'm going to post it....

image >>

Prediction: Their website will crash at 10:00:01 PST.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Prediction: Their website will crash at 10:00:01 PST >>

Agreed, I don't forsee anything but utter madness and despair coming from this!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Prediction: Their website will crash at 10:00:01 PST >>

Agreed, I don't forsee anything but utter madness and despair coming from this!image >>

Yep, It's ATB Twilight Zone -

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.

<< <i>I just got my coins back from PCGS and looked at them for the first time. They are a little comical and now I see why a 70 is nearly impossible. I'm going to sell them quick because I think the NGC slabs will be the winners here for sure. Heck, maybe I should just send them into NGC for the ER slab and 69 grade. I bet my 66's would grade 69 at NGC. >>

Why do think that the NGC slabs will be winners? The more linent grading? One thing is for sure: the NGC slabs look nicer & you can see the egde inscriptions.

The tons of NGC 69s should only make the much less common PCGS 69s worth all the more I would think.
    it's happened many times

NGC 69's are definitely preferable than PCGS 65/66/67/68, especially with this type of issue (modern bullion)

PCGS 65/66/67/68 in these - I would rather crack and have in NGC 69 ER.

Definitely. Those low grade PCGS graded will have a tough time getting more than RAW money.

Based on the grading coming out of PCGS, mine will go across the street.

Also, you get the edge view. From what i've seen from PCGS, no edge view.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file