Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

segoja is a forum member. I've done BST transactions with him. Very nice guy. He's in Illinois so we can probably guess where he got his sets.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>congrats jesse on your pcgs puck listings. image

edit to add over $1100 for a ms69 very good!!! >>

I think I saw one of his 69's hit over $1500.00....
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have $$$'s in your PayPal account, you can only use your CC if your $$$'s are not sufficient to cover the purchase.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

segoja is a forum member. I've done BST transactions with him. Very nice guy. He's in Illinois so we can probably guess where he got his sets. >>

Yep, good to be one of GC's "real customers".
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Who is segoja? Dealer? Forum member? How did he get all the sets? BST? TGC? >>

segoja is a forum member. I've done BST transactions with him. Very nice guy. He's in Illinois so we can probably guess where he got his sets. >>

Yep, good to be one of GC's "real customers". >>

Hey, I'm sure GC charged their "real customers double", so you have to take that into account...
    An earlier post said that the 300 sets which GC sold to Silvertowne were $1500/set. Was that the GC Real Customer bulk dealer sales price for all of the Real Customers or were there different bulk dealer Real Customer/Friend of GC prices that were lower (or higher)?
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    So did you guys hear anything more from APMEX? What happened to their remaining sets after they sold off the intial 1000?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Has anyone's Fidelatrade check been cashed yet ?
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    ATB Summary 1 15 11

It says DG sold on 1-3-11? Is that correct? News to me if it is.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone's Fidelatrade check been cashed yet ? >>

I think if you search back in the thread, some of the early arrivals at Fidelitrade (FedEx, UPS) have been cashed, but my check that arrived with the USPS Express Mail pile at 2:20 has not been cashed yet.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Not even a reply about receiving the check.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one person got an email from Fidelitrade saying they got his paperwork and check but it was not an order confirm. Check still not cashed.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know one person got an email from Fidelitrade saying they got his paperwork and check but it was not an order confirm. Check still not cashed. >>

I think most of us got that.

I had hoped to get a set in time for early release grading from NGC but I assume Fideltrade is swamped.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Just wondering how my bank would react to me taking in
    #3,000 checks for $929 each all at once.... Haaaaaa

I bet they would give me a new Toaster or something....image
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think if you search back in the thread, some of the early arrivals at Fidelitrade (FedEx, UPS) have been cashed, but my check that arrived with the USPS Express Mail pile at 2:20 has not been cashed yet. >>

Nor has mine that was in the same pile, if you mean on Fri Jan 7. Good luck kiddos and kiddas!
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think if you search back in the thread, some of the early arrivals at Fidelitrade (FedEx, UPS) have been cashed, but my check that arrived with the USPS Express Mail pile at 2:20 has not been cashed yet. >>

Nor has mine that was in the same pile, if you mean on Fri Jan 7. Good luck kiddos and kiddas! >>

Agreed even with getting the email I still doubt I will get a set. I consider it a nice surprise if I do.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

The FTrade method was the least painful. Reminds me of the way the USPS handled the Bill Pickett fiasco a number of years back. And I actually did eventually get one of those sheets! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nor has mine that was in the same pile, if you mean on Fri Jan 7. Good luck kiddos and kiddas! >>

Agreed even with getting the email I still doubt I will get a set. I consider it a nice surprise if I do. >>

I bet most people who overnighted their check end up with a set eventually.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    someone had a question about segoja - did you see the cover of CW this week ?

<< <i>someone had a question about segoja - did you see the cover of CW this week ? >>

No, I have not seen it yet. No mail today either :-(
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow....a picture that is truly worth a thousand words.
    There is an NGC ER "BU" set which ends in an hour w/a $3K starting bid and NO bids yet. Are the NGC BU ER sets falling THAT fast???
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Segoja has started his own thread featuring the photo.

My check arrived at 10:20 (i.e., early) still not cashed....

<< <i>

<< <i>I know one person got an email from Fidelitrade saying they got his paperwork and check but it was not an order confirm. Check still not cashed. >>

I think most of us got that.

I had hoped to get a set in time for early release grading from NGC but I assume Fideltrade is swamped. >>

ER deadline is Friday 1/21 IN HOUSE - it has to be there by then, not just postmarked.

<< <i>someone had a question about segoja - did you see the cover of CW this week ? >>

Yes. And he indicated that fewer of the Hot Springs & Yosemite coins graded NGC MS69. It's a shame Jesse's auctions didn't go for another day or two. After seeing this, I bet his Yosemite PCGS MS68 would have gone far higher than $632. That was the real sleeper.

~ Vince Lombardi
    Yes, I felt very bad for Jesse on that one. It was REALLY undervalued.

The Hot Springs in my PCGS set got a 69. I guess that I lucked out on that one. I was suprised. The Hot Springs issue has a small, raised area right in the center of the feature on the reverse. I can see that area being hit hard in the rolls. It will be very interesting to see how the pops for each of the five shape up.

• << <i>Yes, I felt very bad for Jesse on that one. It was REALLY undervalued.

The Hot Springs in my PCGS set got a 69. I guess that I lucked out on that one. I was suprised. The Hot Springs issue has a small, raised area right in the center of the feature on the reverse. I can see that area being hit hard in the rolls. It will be very interesting to see how the pops for each of the five shape up. >>

Hot Springs has been doing better than I expected based on the design. I think you'll do well with that one in 69! Have the pop reports shown up yet? I'm not a PCGS member (probably should be) so I don't have access.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
    No pops yet - just checked.

After seeing the huge price differentials for highly graded coins, it's hard to believe the AP's haven't cherrypicked their sets. But one can only hope. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's the next AP to sell the pucks and when are they starting to do it? There can't be that many left. >>

Amark is next, 10am PST, Jan 18th.

With theirs sold, I think around 15,000 will be distributed out of 33,000. Very rough guestimate. >>

So what's their process gonna be? One phone line from 3 AM to 4 AM? Random faxes picked out of a drum? >>

If amark is selling these tomorrow, how do you log in to their site to buy some?

Here's the link:

A-Mark

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>

If amark is selling these tomorrow, how do you log in to their site to buy some? >>

I'm expecting that you'll hit a button on the buytheatb.com and it will redirect you to paypal and checkout there. Even so, I can't imagine that they have a server made for a heavy load, even if it is only for a few seconds or so. There is going to be a HUGE hit on the server at at the same moment. It's going to be ridiculous.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Their ISP will think it's a denial of service attackimage
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

Great point! That never occurred to me.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yes. And he indicated that fewer of the Hot Springs & Yosemite coins graded NGC MS69. It's a shame Jesse's auctions didn't go for another day or two. After seeing this, I bet his Yosemite PCGS MS68 would have gone far higher than $632. That was the real sleeper. >>

I'm going to get my set graded by PCGS as First Strike and I think I'm going to do quite well on the grades (69's and yes, I'm confident that I have a 70, maybe even 2 of them). However, except for a PCGS MS FS 70, I would NEVER pay the prices for a single coin that run over the cost of half of the entire set after purchasing from an AP.

I don't get why anyone would, either, unless they were just unfortunate and unable to get a fair price by buying direct from one of the APs. The idea of $475 for one puck, raw or graded but not a 70........both from a consumer's and a "decent person's POV," borders on price gauging to me.

Now, if someone is that desperate and is willing to part with the equivalent of moon money for a puck or puck set, particularly raw.....I can't begrudge a seller from making the profit. I just hope they have done the decent thing and are selling their own one set. I'm really P'od about the flippers with multiple sets who are keeping the average collector who just wants one set from getting the fair price that the Mint has ordered AP's to provide.

<< <i>

<< <i>

If amark is selling these tomorrow, how do you log in to their site to buy some? >>

I'm expecting that you'll hit a button on the buytheatb.com and it will redirect you to paypal and checkout there. Even so, I can't imagine that they have a server made for a heavy load, even if it is only for a few seconds or so. There is going to be a HUGE hit on the server at at the same moment. It's going to be ridiculous. >>

Sad to say, I have to agree with you. They aren't using the driver's license, Patriot thing are they? If not, it's "flipper/dealer/scoundrel" open season to get as many sets as possible to further stick it to the general, nice person, average collector going for their one set.
    Good luck with your grades. Even one 70, a PCGS 70 no less, would be HUGE news. It will be interesting when the pops come out to see if there have been any to date.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm expecting that you'll hit a button on the buytheatb.com and it will redirect you to paypal and checkout there. Even so, I can't imagine that they have a server made for a heavy load, even if it is only for a few seconds or so. There is going to be a HUGE hit on the server at at the same moment. It's going to be ridiculous. >>

Sad to say, I have to agree with you. They aren't using the driver's license, Patriot thing are they? If not, it's "flipper/dealer/scoundrel" open season to get as many sets as possible to further stick it to the general, nice person, average collector going for their one set. >>

One would think - hope - that much of the time spent by A-Mark holding these things has been used to develop a system to sell them 100% in accordence w/The Mint's rules. Such a system MUST prohibit the type of multiple-purchase gaming that you're talking about.
    I don't think it can be prohibited. If a person has a friends and family network to do the buying, nothing can stop them
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think it can be prohibited. If a person has a friends and family network to do the buying, nothing can stop them >>

100% Correct!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>Good luck with your grades. Even one 70, a PCGS 70 no less, would be HUGE news. It will be interesting when the pops come out to see if there have been any to date. >>

I'd bet $50. for to the Susan B. Komen Foundation that I will have at least one. Four of my five pucks are incredible. Examined under 10x and 20x, there is not a flaw or strike weakness and I'm being SUPER conservative in my grading of them. I just got lucky in the distribution.

If I'm right, I'll like put them up for a non-Ebay auction (Heritage?) and put at least half to 2/3 of the profit into a donation to the Race for the Cure and with the remainder, hopefully be able to afford to buy myself replacements in PCGS FS 67 or better.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sad to say, I have to agree with you. They aren't using the driver's license, Patriot thing are they? If not, it's "flipper/dealer/scoundrel" open season to get as many sets as possible to further stick it to the general, nice person, average collector going for their one set. >>

One would think - hope - that much of the time spent by A-Mark holding these things has been used to develop a system to sell them 100% in accordence w/The Mint's rules. Such a system MUST prohibit the type of multiple-purchase gaming that you're talking about. >>

Right. I'm expecting a long processing time for AMark's sets. I'm not convinced that the Paypal system is going to limit HH numbers by all that much. They're going to have to go through and impose limits after the sales are completed and issue refunds. Paypal refunds the paypal transaction fee for refunds so there's no reason why they wouldn't do this.
    it is all dependent IF pcgs will grade any puck a 70.

you all remember not too long ago when NO ASE UNC would be graded MS70, dont you?

who knows how they are handling grades for the bullion pucks. I would have expected to see one already - if there were to be one.

• << <i>I don't think it can be prohibited. If a person has a friends and family network to do the buying, nothing can stop them
    100% Correct! >>

1. Authorized Purchasers shall make available for sale to the public all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins that they acquire. The intention of this condition is to ensure that all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins minted and issued by the United States Mint are sold to the public.
    you are probably correct on amark's way of handling this.

go ahead and order if you can, pay by paypal.

afterwards, cross checking on one per HH addresses, otherwise DK the order and issue a quick Paypal REFUND.

think about it - much easier than any other AP to date. they dont even have to issue refund checks or spend any time stamping and mailing back payments.

• << <i>it is all dependent IF pcgs will grade any puck a 70.

you all remember not too long ago when NO ASE UNC would be graded MS70, dont you?

who knows how they are handling grades for the bullion pucks. I would have expected to see one already - if there were to be one. >>

I have some real doubts at this point that ANY PCGS MS70s will surface. But never say never. If they do they will be extremely rare and the lucky seller will be drinking martinis in the Bahamas.
    I agree with the lack of PCGS MS70 in the bullion version puck.

It appears that if we dont see any soon (I would think the large telemarketers or coin companies would have some) then odds are there wont be any.

Top grade MS69. Dont care how clean the coin is.
    oooooo, I want to be that guy
  • You've got to wonder though....there has got to be some temptation for a PCGS grader to let one MS70 slip through, just for good fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file