Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>I see the A Mark system totally crashing w/a message later that "due to overwhelming demand, sales are suspended until a later date." Sure hope I'm wrong but I think that it's better than 50/50 that this will happen. What say you? >>

If it's real bad it will say "Safari Can't find the server...."
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    hopefully, their site will be almost 100% text, very simple, and have basically just a few buttons that setup the transaction on paypal.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • I am no computer expert but we've all experienced the massive slowdowns at the USMs website during the big releases. And they are a government retail outlet. Granted, the hits to AMark's site are going to be very brief in nature, but there will be thousands refreshing the atb page at exactly 10am.

This will be a perfect storm for their servers. Tons of hype, added onto the first online AP sale since the APMEX preorder. Hang onto your hats. I wish you all luck and hope that everybody who wants one on these boards gets one.

Any network or IT people here? I'd like to hear their thoughts.
    The mint's website has traditionally been extremely heavy on images and a lot of wasted resources. Each page hit took a ton of processing. That all may change with the new website they have now. I'm hoping future mint experiences will fare better. Even
    with the clunky website they had they handled sometimes thousands of transactions per hour.

Amark shouldn't have more than 3300 sets.

Amark says no account is needed so that will take a lot of processing away. No need to fill out forms and a lot of database access. If they keep their site simple and clean, pass people off to paypal pretty quickly, and have a least a decent physical platform, they should be able to sell out in an hour I'd think.

That being said...they seem to be running IIS 7.5 which is "iis express". A very lightweight version of the windows webserver mostly created for developers to use in development and testing. Not exactly a robust platform.

It could go either way.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Good luck with your grades. Even one 70, a PCGS 70 no less, would be HUGE news. It will be interesting when the pops come out to see if there have been any to date. >>

I'd bet $50. for to the Susan B. Komen Foundation that I will have at least one. Four of my five pucks are incredible. Examined under 10x and 20x, there is not a flaw or strike weakness and I'm being SUPER conservative in my grading of them. I just got lucky in the distribution.

If I'm right, I'll like put them up for a non-Ebay auction (Heritage?) and put at least half to 2/3 of the profit into a donation to the Race for the Cure and with the remainder, hopefully be able to afford to buy myself replacements in PCGS FS 67 or better. >>

Now the suspense is killing me waiting to hear about your grades!

If you go get a 70 or 70s, esp. if they are the first on Ebay I think that you'd do best on Ebay. They would bring MOOOOOOON money. VERY noble as to your plans for some of the $!! >>

I need to get a better Mt. Hood, at a reasonable price, before I submit my set. After that, I will be surprised if there isn't a 70 or two. As for selling them, I'd want the easiest, fastest way to raise the money with the least cost to do so. I'll be shouting loud I got a 70 IF I'm right and I think the modern dealers will be in contact w/me very fast.

I don't have any desire to flip for bucks. This kind of "lottery score" should go to a good cause or two. I'd be very pleased to have a PCGS FS 67/68 set. All I really want when this is said and done, is enough to get a fair price for me to buy myself a replacement set as described. It might be I will end up without a set. I'm ok with that. I just want that kind of profit to go to a good cause and not a freakin flipper's pocket.

Gotta get a slightly better Mt. Hood first before I send in my set though because I got one that's likely a 66 or maybe 67. Wouldn't be a wow set with 4 69's/70's and that. I won't though, WON'T, pay moon money for a raw generic Mt. Hood from a flipper who wants half of what the entire set cost intially.

I'll be honest when I get the grades in. At 20x, two show NOTHING and at 10x two more show NOTHING. Every other time I've submitted a modern, that's meant a 69 or 70.
  • Well guys and gals we're about 12 hours away from A-Mark Precious Metals release of the coveted 5oz ATB rounds! image This will be my first real shot at a set of these babies and my odds are 4 to 1! image I hope!

Anybody else checking the A-Mark website tomorrow? image

• << <i>Well guys and gals we're about 12 hours away from A-Mark Precious Metals release of the coveted 5oz ATB rounds! image This will be my first real shot at a set of these babies and my odds are 4 to 1! image I hope!

Anybody else checking the A-Mark website tomorrow? image >>

I will be there, 1300 EST, 2 laptops and a six pack (taking the afternoon off from work) image
  • Tcmitssr, I really hope you've got a 70. It would be awesome to have the first 70 come from these boards and quite noble of you to make that charitable contribution.
  • <<That being said...they seem to be running IIS 7.5 which is "iis express". A very lightweight version of the windows webserver mostly created for developers to use in development and testing. Not exactly a robust platform. >>

Ummmm. Whoa! You are making me feel like a pretty small player tomorrow. I have a cable modem....do you think that'll do?image
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The First Strike pops are showing up for these now, about half are receiving 69 and the other half 68 or lower. No 70's.

MS First Strike Hot Springs Coin # 505100
    MS First Strike Yellowstone Coin # 505101
    MS First Strike Yosemite Coin # 505102
    MS First Strike Grand Canyon Coin # 505103
    MS First Strike Mount Hood Coin # 505104

505104 2010 25C Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 1 0 1 8 7 total of 17

505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 1 2 1 6 10 total of 20

505102 2010 25C Yosemite NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 0 2 2 7 2 total of 13

505101 2010 25C Yellowstone NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 1 1 2 3 6 7 total of 20

505100 2010 25C Hot Springs NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 0 2 5 3 13 total of 23
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Amark is the AP of the day, but has anyone heard anything from Fidelitrade in the last week? They have been suspiciously quiet since the initial emails after the onslaught of orders hit them on the 7th. They have even pulled the "no more sales of ATBs" message from their website. My email contact of two weeks ago has read but not responded to my last email. I'll give them a call today and post what info I get, if any, but just thought I would ask here and see if anybody else has an update...
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know Amark is the AP of the day, but has anyone heard anything from Fidelitrade in the last week? They have been suspiciously quiet since the initial emails after the onslaught of orders hit them on the 7th. They have even pulled the "no more sales of ATBs" message from their website. My email contact of two weeks ago has read but not responded to my last email. I'll give them a call today and post what info I get, if any, but just thought I would ask here and see if anybody else has an update... >>

Crickets chirping here. Confirmed delivery at 10:30. No e-mail confirmation. Nothing, Nada, Zilch.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Crickets chirping here. Confirmed delivery at 10:30. No e-mail confirmation. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. >>

Join the club...what, you think you're special or something?

HAPPY A-MARK DAY!!!

<< <i><<Crickets chirping here. Confirmed delivery at 10:30. No e-mail confirmation. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. >>

Join the club...what, you think you're special or something?

image >>

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

You know the old saying: "The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get!" . We'll all get one - eventually.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know the old saying: "The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get!" . We'll all get one - eventually. >>

THIS is the quiet before the storm.......
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fidelitrade update: I just spoke with them and they are still processing the orders. She said that they sent me an email on the 12th that confirmed receiving my order and that it was sent on to evaluation. I never received that email (the only email I received was a "welcome" on the 10th). She confirmed my email address (it was correct) and said I should receive another email once my info passes all the checks (SSN, etc) and goes into the "Processing" step.

It sounds like their email system hiccuped. My guess is that the same may have happened to some of the rest of you that received the "welcome" email but haven't received any further emails.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Actually, I had to go to my junk folder to retrieve their email. So anyone not receiving anything from them should check that folder. The sender is listed as "ATB".

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭
    So I will be receiving 1099's from the APs. If I use Amark's Paypal payment system then Paypal will send my info to the IRS since it is above $600. I highly doubt the law in the Health Care Bill will ever get repealed. The Dems will not let this happen I believe since it will be an opening for the Repubs to dismantle the entire bill.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I will be receiving 1099's from the APs. If I use Amark's Paypal payment system then Paypal will send my info to the IRS since it is above $600. I highly doubt the law in the Health Care Bill will ever get repealed. The Dems will not let this happen I believe since it will be an opening for the Repubs to dismantle the entire bill. >>

The way I understand it the 1099 rule does not start until 2012.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I will be receiving 1099's from the APs. If I use Amark's Paypal payment system then Paypal will send my info to the IRS since it is above $600. I highly doubt the law in the Health Care Bill will ever get repealed. The Dems will not let this happen I believe since it will be an opening for the Repubs to dismantle the entire bill. >>

No, that doesn't go into effect until 2012.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
    T-00:01:30:00
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The First Strike pops are showing up for these now, about half are receiving 69 and the other half 68 or lower. No 70's.

MS First Strike Hot Springs Coin # 505100
    MS First Strike Yellowstone Coin # 505101
    MS First Strike Yosemite Coin # 505102
    MS First Strike Grand Canyon Coin # 505103
    MS First Strike Mount Hood Coin # 505104

505104 2010 25C Mount Hood NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 1 0 1 8 7 total of 17

505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 1 2 1 6 10 total of 20

505102 2010 25C Yosemite NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 0 2 2 7 2 total of 13

505101 2010 25C Yellowstone NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 1 1 2 3 6 7 total of 20

505100 2010 25C Hot Springs NP 5 oz Silver - First Strike MS
    + 0 0 0 0 2 5 3 13 total of 23 >>

Half-

Were are these on the Pop reports page? I don't see them. It sure does not seem like half of this forum's members are getting 69s.

Wondercoins PCGS set was very disappointing! LOWER then the MTB sealed set. NGC 69 ERs seem way high. Go figure.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wondercoins PCGS set was very disappointing! LOWER then the MTB sealed set. NGC 69 ERs seem way high. Go figure."

Yes and no. Yes, because I thought the single MS68 graded coin clearly had a shot to grade MS69 in my opinion. Although, I am not sure exacly how much better a set of MS64-MS68 coins could have done above the $2,800 price they actually fetched on ebay? I know my consignor was fairly happy with the result.

No, because what you may be seeing now (IMHO) is simply some screened coins receiving the MS69 grade at PCGS while the non-MS69 coins are not being slabbed in a numerical grade at all. I suspect you will be seeing a LOT more of this from here on out. And, if I am correct on this, the MS69 "pop" may be essentially meaningless to determine anything from UNLESS PCGS also provides a figure for all of the coins that were "graded" in non-numerical grades or returned to submittors without holders at all.

See my point Raufus?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Raufus I entered each number individually into the pop report lookup to get those, I didn't use the category page. I'm guessing that to start PCGS was harder on these coins but has relaxed the grading a bit, or later orders may have been screened before sending.

• << <i>Wondercoins PCGS set was very disappointing! LOWER then the MTB sealed set. NGC 69 ERs seem way high. Go figure. >>

Yeah, he has the first MS64 that I've seen. Bummer....but maybe not a bad selling price considering he had no 69s.

69s are distancing themselves from the pack.
  • Internet signal strength Good
    Both Computers functioning
    Paypal charge card locked and loaded
    household electricity working
    Beer cold
    Hot coin chick negative

All systems go, let the fun begin image
  • I can't believe I am sitting on my deck on a gorgeous day in the Caribbean waiting for a coin sale to begin....Duh!

Guess it could be worse....I could be sitting in Massachusetts in the sleet and snow waiting for a coin sale to begin....

Beer seems colder here though...imageimageimage
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting on a pier staring at 90,000 tons of diplomacy, CVN-74 in sunny san Diego. My only hope of getting one rests on my iPhone 4G and Safari.

• << <i>I can't believe I am sitting on my deck on a gorgeous day in the Caribbean waiting for a coin sale to begin....Duh!

Guess it could be worse....I could be sitting in Massachusetts in the sleet and snow waiting for a coin sale to begin....

Beer seems colder here though...imageimageimage >>

Its sleeting in PA, I would rather be with you !! How is Orient beach?
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

No one is making a big deal out of ER - wonder if it will carry a premium this time around.

Someone needs to take the stats from both services, total coins submitted, grades attained x going price, lets get a stat - which service will provide the best rate of return per each 5 coin set submission.

I think NGC will be better this time.

• << <i>

<< <i>I can't believe I am sitting on my deck on a gorgeous day in the Caribbean waiting for a coin sale to begin....Duh!

Its sleeting in PA, I would rather be with you !! How is Orient beach? >>

We were there yesterday....not much sand or clothes on the beach..image

Mass is nice but I don't miss it at all. Left there 19 years ago. Weather much nicer in Albuquerque and no bugs.

<< <i>"Wondercoins PCGS set was very disappointing! LOWER then the MTB sealed set. NGC 69 ERs seem way high. Go figure."

Yes and no. Yes, because I thought the single MS68 graded coin clearly had a shot to grade MS69 in my opinion. Although, I am not sure exacly how much better a set of MS64-MS68 coins could have done above the $2,800 price they actually fetched on ebay? I know my consignor was fairly happy with the result.

No, because what you may be seeing now (IMHO) is simply some screened coins receiving the MS69 grade at PCGS while the non-MS69 coins are not being slabbed in a numerical grade at all. I suspect you will be seeing a LOT more of this from here on out. And, if I am correct on this, the MS69 "pop" may be essentially meaningless to determine anything from UNLESS PCGS also provides a figure for all of the coins that were "graded" in non-numerical grades or returned to submittors without holders at all.

See my point Raufus?

Wondercoin >>

Excellent point Wondercoins. I hadn't though of this in those terms. Does PCGS do a "BU" holder for dealers like NGC does?

I also think that in time the PCGS 68s will do well. How do you feel about these?

Thanks! R-
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Do you think we will need to be verified with Paypal? I only have my credit card in it and don't have it hooked to a bank account.

<< <i>No one is making a big deal out of ER - wonder if it will carry a premium this time around.

Someone needs to take the stats from both services, total coins submitted, grades attained x going price, lets get a stat - which service will provide the best rate of return per each 5 coin set submission.

I think NGC will be better this time. >>

Whoever does this, don't forget to include ANACS.

<< <i>Raufus I entered each number individually into the pop report lookup to get those, I didn't use the category page. I'm guessing that to start PCGS was harder on these coins but has relaxed the grading a bit, or later orders may have been screened before sending. >>

THANKS!

Also, that was my dilemma in sending my coins to PCGS so early. I feared that they would be too touch initially until they saw the overall quality.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T-Minus 15...

So is this what standing on the beach waiting for the tsunami to arrive feels like?
  • Will the A-Mark page with the flag turn to a page with a button that says buy at 1300 or should I be back a page the the buyATB link and hit the link page at 1300. Any recommendations?

• << <i>Will the A-Mark page with the flag turn to a page with a button that says buy at 1300 or should I be back a page the the buyATB link and hit the link page at 1300. Any recommendations? >>

I'd sit on the buyATB link at 9:58 and just hit refresh over and over until the page changes.
    the buyatbnow page is the page.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    So wait, A-mark is charging 1300??

-Paul
  • 5 minute count down =)

• << <i>So wait, A-mark is charging 1300??
    >>

I think he's on the East Coast and this is going down at 1300 (1pm) there.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't believe I am sitting on my deck on a gorgeous day in the Caribbean waiting for a coin sale to begin....Duh!

Its sleeting in PA, I would rather be with you !! How is Orient beach? >>

We were there yesterday....not much sand or clothes on the beach..image >>

The above reply is worthless without pictures!!! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• 4 minutes to go....ok I will stop

• << <i>So wait, A-mark is charging 1300?? >>

We will find out in a moment. A $400 handling fee seems high.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So wait, A-mark is charging 1300??
    >>

I think he's on the East Coast and this is going down at 1300 (1pm) there. >>

Duh! Lmao. Thanks!

-Paul
    page is loading quick

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file