Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• Options
    5374 unc Bucks as of Monday 4/11
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a whole lot less than the 6500 estimate.

that'd be about a 17% melt rate at 5374 sold.

Looking at the proof AGE scrap rates, it is in line with those numbers.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    With those kind of numbers and closed shouldn't the prices jump now? Or will it take some time for the market to catch on? If so, what kind of lag time are we looking at?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Buchanan MS Sold Out as of today. In line with the Jackie Robinson MS Gold at around 5K mintage. Let's see if it will do as well.

Sold Out
  • Options

<< <i>With those kind of numbers and closed shouldn't the prices jump now? Or will it take some time for the market to catch on? If so, what kind of lag time are we looking at? >>

It's hard to say. Collecting the series was re-awoken by Eric's book before the Buch's came out. So, those who wanted to collect them probably are in already. We may not see much of a move up. However, this is a guess from only one factor. Perhaps there are other issues not considered: like a continuing draw into the series by the book or the thought of numerical scarcity in the series as a whole.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Third place coin out of 4 is not so hot. Could be a while.
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With those kind of numbers and closed shouldn't the prices jump now? Or will it take some time for the market to catch on? If so, what kind of lag time are we looking at? >>

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Now that the series is being noticed (every issue past '07 now has a premium) I do not see how these will be any less than $1k ea. raw, no matter what gold does, in 2 month's time or less.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint totals as of 4/19/2011

Buchanan’s Liberty Proof (2010) 7,304* 0
    Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,354* -10
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Ohh the waiting game, I hope the mint does not take 2 years to release the final mintage numbers. I noticed the proofs are scarce on ebay and the price is slowly creeping up...
  • Options

<< <i>

Now that the series is being noticed (every issue past '07 now has a premium) I do not see how these will be any less than $1k ea. raw, no matter what gold does, in 2 month's time or less. >>

apparently, except for Mary Todd Lincoln. Who seems to have a plentiful supply.

• Options
    Latest Mint stats

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,353* (1)

Once again, no change for the proofs, but the unc. dropped by one.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Latest Mint stats

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,353* (1)

Once again, no change for the proofs, but the unc. dropped by one. >>

it is interesting how the sales came in about where many of us expected before all this started, right around 13,000, or 400 less than that. The sales also show a somewhat normal spread between unc to proof, should be interesting to see the final audited numbers.

7/8 is that rocking chair being used? image
  • Options
    Right but the unc was struck twice so I would not put too much stock in those numbers. But then maybe the second run had very high scrap.
  • Options
    Hi Eric,

Late last year, you mentioned the final Mint audited numbers for 2009 and some 2010 first spouse, and if I remember correctly, you said those numbers were submitted to the congress.

Will the US Mint release those final mintage to the public officially? If so, do you know when?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options

<< <i>7/8 is that rocking chair being used? >>

I think he "stuck a fork in it" .. upside downimage
  • Options
    I dont know. Over time the publications will call in, get the numbers and update their tables. It will take a few years though as the Red Book really does not care about moderns if their previous behavior is our guide.

• Options
    revolvdog the last time i got audited numbers from the mint I simply called the PR department and spoke to a nice lady that gave me all the numbers I wanted. Some of those numbers also end up on the mint website with the gold, silver eagles and gold buffalo for example.
  • Options
    Thanks Eric and Halfstrike!
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It will take a few years though as the Red Book really does not care about moderns if their previous behavior is our guide."

Very sad indeed.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    No change from last weeks figures for the Buchs

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,353* 0
  • Options
    Latest Mint stats for the Buchs... ( Unc. dropped by 3)

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,350* (3)
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Haven't visited this thread for a while...

Look for final final numbers on Buch proof to come in around 6,300 or less.

• Options
    Latest stats as of 5/17

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,348* (2)

• Options
    Once again....latest Buch stats w/o any changes

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,348* 0
  • Options

<< <i>Once again....latest Buch stats w/o any changes

Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,348* 0 >>

I saw the post on top and I thought maybe final numbers out image
  • Options
    you wont see finals for a few months
  • Options
    Latest sos for the Buchs

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this make it king of the Lib. Subset?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Latest Mint stats as of 6/7

FIRST SPOUSE GOLD COINS
    Abigail Fillmore Proof (2010) 6,140* (3)
    Abigail Fillmore Uncirculated (2010) 3,489* 0
    Jane Pierce Proof (2010) 4,843* 0
    Jane Pierce Uncirculated (2010) 3,333* 0
    Mary Todd Lincoln Proof (2010) 6,306 70
    Mary Todd Lincoln Uncirculated (2010) 3,761* 1
    Eliza Johnson Proof (2011) 2,666 221
    Eliza Johnson Uncirculated (2011) 1,567 66
  • Options
    The unc Mary Todd Lincoln dropped 1 to finish at 3760. It will be interesting to see which coin does better long-term, the Van Buren UNC or the Mary Todd.
  • Options
    Will the Julia end up being the low mintage king of the Spouses?????
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I really don't see how Julia can hang on with so much of the series left to go. There's little demand as there is and if gold shoots over $2k, it's going to put some serious pressure on JT. It still seems like a winner coin though even if it's overthrown.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    If Martha Washington unc had a mintage of only 3760 I wonder what that would sell for today? Most of the unknown spouses under 4000 mintage go for $1100 or higher already which is $2200 an ounce for gold.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintages aren't everything-- I have the feeling a lot of Marthas ended up in the melting pot.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    This was my response to a P.M. on the subject of my post earlier today asking whether the Julia Unc. will remain the low mintage key...

50/50 I think.

On the one hand, unlike when Julia went off sale, a lot of folks are paying very close attention to the spouse mintages now. As soon as one looks to be going off sale and w/low mintages, folks stock up. This would work in favor of Julia.

On the other, they can go dark early and unexpectedly thus catching everyone off-guard and perhaps creating another key.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I actually don't own any JTs. I was on a break from coin investing/collecting when they came out. Oh well. I almost purchased one on ebay last summer. Got the Buchs instead.

However, it's an interesting coin to watch. I agree, there are lots of folks buying these and speculating, keeping the numbers up.

...But....people's attention span sometimes doesn't last. This is a fairly long series and if nothing trumps JT in the next year folks may become bored with watching the spouses and forget again until the numbers drop out.

There is a good chance gold will continue to climb. 2011's Mint offerings are many. The economy is stalled....there is a solid base for buying expensive mint products but I don't think there are a lot of new folks entering this arena. The 2011 spouses are not attractive, at least to me. All of these factors bode for low spouse numbers.

We'll see. I think the best thing to do is keep a firm eye and watch the series, especially once 2012 rolls around and we are a few years past the JT hype.
  • Options
    Are we getting close to final numbers on the Buchanan's?
  • Options
    EricJ is our man for those numbers.....
  • Options
    Eric where are you lol Trying to decide if I should scoop up some off Ebay. There does not appear to be allot of interest on this coin at the bay, prices went up modestly but no where near the premiums of some of the hags.
  • Options
    I am trying to get the final numbers on these coins now. I dont ahve any hard data yet but it not for lack of trying.

Eric
  • Options
    Didn't finals come in? I'm searching for that.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    Eric how did that stack up on finals for the proof Liberty's? Sorry for being behind on this one.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    PROOFS

JEFFERSON
    JACKSON
    VAN-BUR
    BUCH
  • Options
    Thanks. Still way undervalued in my opinion. So many good options for money to go. Well I've got it spread across most of them image Just need a money tree to spring up in my back yard image
  • Options

<< <i>PROOFS

JEFFERSON
    JACKSON
    VAN-BUR
    BUCH >>

Does that mean we can FINALLY PUT A "FORK IN IT?"image
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does that mean we can FINALLY PUT A "FORK IN IT?"image >>

Yes, it looks like all but the Jeffersons are "medium rare". image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    What about Uncirculated ?
  • Options
    A bit disappointing to those who thought there was a chance they'd come in under VB. Speculators have certainly responded, no shortage of Bucks on the BST and ebay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file