Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• MilesWaits, the two Buck Pfs that you received today, were they on backorder from the USM when you ordered them ? Thanks, Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MilesWaits, the two Buck Pfs that you received today, were they on backorder from the USM when you ordered them ? Thanks, Mark. >>

Yes they were Mark, ordered on 1/26, shipped on 2/8, received today.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Thanks Miles. My order was placed on 2/5/11. I am glad that they filled your order. My USM order is currently in process. Thanks, Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • Just finished going over my Bucks's, it was really disappointing . Some had gauges and marks, some had milky spots? is that common for a gold coin? I did not get them out so maybe something on the plastic? Most of them had a little nick or frost break on the DE of presidency. So now the question. My 7days since I received them was yesterday, should I even bother returning the 40 percent of them that completely sucked? I do not mind keeping the ones with the problem on the DE. What do you guys think?

I called the mint and of course they told me that the are really strict about the 7 days, but she suggested that it did not hurt to try and send them back. Just kind of hate to send them back, spend cash, wait and then have them return them to me. For sure at least the one with the gauge is going back.
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Lastest mint report 2/13 has the PR buchanan 3 coins lower than last week. That's all she wrote, now we wait for the final #'s but in the meantime she's gonna at least start trading up there with the Jacksons and VB's range very shortly.

• << <i>Just finished going over my Bucks's, it was really disappointing . Some had gauges and marks, some had milky spots? is that common for a gold coin? I did not get them out so maybe something on the plastic? Most of them had a little nick or frost break on the DE of presidency. So now the question. My 7days since I received them was yesterday, should I even bother returning the 40 percent of them that completely sucked? I do not mind keeping the ones with the problem on the DE. What do you guys think?

I called the mint and of course they told me that the are really strict about the 7 days, but she suggested that it did not hurt to try and send them back. Just kind of hate to send them back, spend cash, wait and then have them return them to me. For sure at least the one with the gauge is going back. >>

Robert let me ask you a few questions. Are the coins gold colored? Do they have what looks like an old gold design on the obverse with a child in a print shop on the back? In short are the coins recognizable proofs? If the answer to these questions is yes then keep them all. Its that simple unless you need the money.

Eric
  • Yeah, I agree. Robert, hold those, or sell on the secondary market if you can not afford to hold.

What happens to the returns to the Mint at this point? I assume that the Mint keeps a B/O list going that's slightly longer than the anticipated returns.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>

<< <i>Just finished going over my Bucks's, it was really disappointing . Some had gauges and marks, some had milky spots? is that common for a gold coin? I did not get them out so maybe something on the plastic? Most of them had a little nick or frost break on the DE of presidency. So now the question. My 7days since I received them was yesterday, should I even bother returning the 40 percent of them that completely sucked? I do not mind keeping the ones with the problem on the DE. What do you guys think?

I called the mint and of course they told me that the are really strict about the 7 days, but she suggested that it did not hurt to try and send them back. Just kind of hate to send them back, spend cash, wait and then have them return them to me. For sure at least the one with the gauge is going back. >>

Robert let me ask you a few questions. Are the coins gold colored? Do they have what looks like an old gold design on the obverse with a child in a print shop on the back? In short are the coins recognizable proofs? If the answer to these questions is yes then keep them all. Its that simple unless you need the money.

Eric >>

lol You are funny Eric! Thanks for the sound advice and for saving me some money on shipping fees. I will hold on to them!!!
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>MilesWaits, the two Buck Pfs that you received today, were they on backorder from the USM when you ordered them ? Thanks, Mark. >>

Yes they were Mark, ordered on 1/26, shipped on 2/8, received today.

Miles >>

I thought the Bucks didn't go on back order until 2/3?
  • Have many backordered Buck Pfs spousal coins been shipped out recently by the USM ? Thanks.
    Specialized Investments
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I can't answer that question but have another. 4 pr69 dcam fs for $4399 + 25.99 shipping on the bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310290192368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Not my auction or anyone I know. I was amazed at the shipping fee tacked on to a high price auction
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • I've been away for awhile and haven't kept up on this one, but just read in the previous page about the 4 coin boxes and thought I'd relay my experence with them. I ordered two boxes for Pfs and two boxes for Unc in 2007; the 2007 coin capsules fit in the 4 coin box but they changed the capsules in 2008 and they do not fit in the boxes. If I remember right, the first coin for 2008 fit but from there after they did not. I went around and around on the phone with the mint trying to explain the problem until they finally got it. After that they quit selling the four coin boxes. Did they come out with new ones that are sized for the current capsules?
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    You will have to use your spare 2007 capsules if you had your coins graded and place the 08-10 spouses in the 07 capsules to fit the box.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been away for awhile and haven't kept up on this one, but just read in the previous page about the 4 coin boxes and thought I'd relay my experence with them. I ordered two boxes for Pfs and two boxes for Unc in 2007; the 2007 coin capsules fit in the 4 coin box but they changed the capsules in 2008 and they do not fit in the boxes. If I remember right, the first coin for 2008 fit but from there after they did not. I went around and around on the phone with the mint trying to explain the problem until they finally got it. After that they quit selling the four coin boxes. Did they come out with new ones that are sized for the current capsules? >>

No,the 4 coin boxes were only made and sold for 2007.

The 2008-present have no such boxes.

Now that the 4 coin liberty subset is popular more people are looking for the 2007 boxes.

I'm buying a set of boxes for the entire spouse run and will try to buy enough 2007 capsules to beable to retrofit them should I choose.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • The 2007 boxes are nice holding four coins; to bad they screwed up on these.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
    Yeah, I wished they had continued making them.

perhaps they didn't sell well.

they are hard to find now, and that is even after the 4 coin subset fury going on right now.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    MsM

Not a fan of that avatar.

• << <i>I can't answer that question but have another. 4 pr69 dcam fs for $4399 + 25.99 shipping on the bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310290192368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Not my auction or anyone I know. I was amazed at the shipping fee tacked on to a high price auction >>

He had the same coins listed for $3100 if I remember correctly two weeks ago and they did not sell, but for some reason he thinks that increasing the price by 13 hundred will help lol

• << <i>MsM

Not a fan of that avatar. >>

I agree, You have had much better images of MsM over the years.

Eric
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>MsM

I agree, You have had much better images of MsM over the years.

Eric >>

Yeah, not to pile on but that's one scary looking woman!image
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MsM

Shows to go you what happens when you "bald up" Cameron! Hair do make many women.

I miss Natalie.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't answer that question but have another. 4 pr69 dcam fs for $4399 + 25.99 shipping on the bay?

Not my auction or anyone I know. I was amazed at the shipping fee tacked on to a high price auction >>

He had the same coins listed for $3100 if I remember correctly two weeks ago and they did not sell, but for some reason he thinks that increasing the price by 13 hundred will help lol >>

Thanks for the feedback Robert. It is a crazy world out there image
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

<< <i>MsM

I'm not either,

I hate to say, but

it makes me think of the coneheads.

Sorry Cameron!

• << <i>I can't answer that question but have another. 4 pr69 dcam fs for $4399 + 25.99 shipping on the bay?

I am not defending the seller, but what shipping do you think is reasonable to insure and ship 2 oz of gold??
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't answer that question but have another. 4 pr69 dcam fs for $4399 + 25.99 shipping on the bay?

I am not defending the seller, but what shipping do you think is reasonable to insure and ship 2 oz of gold?? >>

I think the point is: for ~$1100/ea 1/2oz of gold, one would think they'd offer free shipping.

I think the point is: for ~$1100/ea 1/2oz of gold, one would think they'd offer free shipping.

Exactly my point. I just didn't make a clear statement regarding that. Thanks MsM
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Pierce is now backordered.
  • We should all expect this. We have known they struck to about 3250-3500 coins. The next coin (Fillmore) is the same deal. She will go black in a few hundred coins.
  • I think it's the Proof Pierce in backorder???
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Guys all these first hags are going to go out low and soon with the exception of the unc Bucks and the Lincolns. THEY WERE ALL STRUCK TO ANTICIPATED DEMAND AND THE MINT DID NOT SEE ANY DEMAND.
  • How many proof pierce has the mint sold? Erick, how can these coins going out with lower mintage than the buck be a good thing?
    4677 on last sales report, that is very low. That's almost 1000 under Fillmore.
    The Taylor coin ended at 4787 sales so it is about a tie with that.
  • tander123tander123 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    Alright guys, if say I wanted 2-3 more, which ones should I pick up?
    Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,

• << <i>The Taylor coin ended at 4787 sales so it is about a tie with that. >>

Right but that number does not include 11 days and another 150+ coins that does not show up on that report.

<< <i>Guys all these first hags are going to go out low and soon with the exception of the unc Bucks and the Lincolns. THEY WERE ALL STRUCK TO ANTICIPATED DEMAND AND THE MINT DID NOT SEE ANY DEMAND. >>

I know what's up with the Unc. Buchs.

What's up with the Lincolns ?
    ((There is demand for them?))
  • The proof Buck is part of a different set and is key to the 4 coin liberty proof set. The generic first hags IMHO do not hurt the liberty issues. Wonder coin does not agree but time will judge this.

If this coin does go out at 4700 then Proof Julia and Taylor will get hurt longer term.

Eric
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The proof Buck is part of a different set and is key to the 4 coin liberty proof set. The generic first hags IMHO do not hurt the liberty issues. Wonder coin does not agree but time will judge this.

If this coin does go out at 4700 then Proof Julia and Taylor will get hurt longer term.

Eric >>

I'm with Eric with respect to the Buchanan.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

The Pierce sales also could go higher after last week due to the price increase, people buying to save money.
    Pr70FS Buchs are selling for 1250-1350 now.

Will similar happen to the Mary Todd Lincoln?

The mint would be smart to start doing this with all the spouse coins, only strike enough for 6 months of sales instead of doing it for twelve months and having leftover coins they can't sell. The 2011 coin designs are not much of an improvement so we may see 4 more coins with low mintages like these.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The generic first hags IMHO do not hurt the liberty issues. Wonder coin does not agree but time will judge this."

Eric: Just to clarify ... I do not recall ever stating that the generics "hurt" the Lib series. I like the Lib series. However, I like the key hags better today than I do any of the proof Libs. Which I why I am still happy to trade some proof Bucks for some proof JT's today (or MS JT's as well of course). Thus far, no one has offered to trade me a JT for a Buck. But, by no means does my desire to trade away some proof Bucks for "generic" hags suggest that I believe generic hags are "hurting" liberty coins (or will hurt them). There is room enough for all of the coins just like there is room in the market to collect classics and moderns my friend.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

• << <i> The 2011 coin designs are not much of an improvement so we may see 4 more coins with low mintages like these. >>

I agree. 2011s are going to be rock bottom.

I'm also not the least bit concerned about the low mintages on the Pierce compared to the Buck as far as "hurting it" goes. If the Pierce looked more like Natalie----then maybe a little worried.

The Pierce will be one of many low mintage hags when the series is over.

• << <i>

<< <i> The 2011 coin designs are not much of an improvement so we may see 4 more coins with low mintages like these. >>

I agree. 2011s are going to be rock bottom.

The Pierce will be one of many low mintage hags when the series is over. >>

I disagree that 2011 will be rock bottom.....2009 was the perfect storm where you had the hangover effect of all those "flippers" who were going to make $1000s from the first 4 HAGS all issued at once and rising gold prices. Let's face it no one wanted to buy a SPOUSE in 09, not after the crash of 07 SPOUSE prices and continually increasing USM prices. In 2010 and 2011 collectors/investors actually started paying attention again (forget the designs...they are awful)....but the interest in sales numbers and finding that perfectly LOW KEY spouse will keep sales moderately over 2009 levels...

JMHO

• Very possible.

But... high gold prices, market dilution, and unattractive designs (at least to my eye) are all factors concerning first spouse mintages in 2011. You could be right though if enough collectors/investors jump on board.

• << <i>"The generic first hags IMHO do not hurt the liberty issues. Wonder coin does not agree but time will judge this."

Eric: Just to clarify ... I do not recall ever stating that the generics "hurt" the Lib series. I like the Lib series. However, I like the key hags better today than I do any of the proof Libs. Which I why I am still happy to trade some proof Bucks for some proof JT's today (or MS JT's as well of course). Thus far, no one has offered to trade me a JT for a Buck. But, by no means does my desire to trade away some proof Bucks for "generic" hags suggest that I believe generic hags are "hurting" liberty coins (or will hurt them). There is room enough for all of the coins just like there is room in the market to collect classics and moderns my friend.

Wondercoin >>

Fair enough.
  • ttt!!
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i> However, I like the key hags better today than I do any of the proof Libs >>

I guess someone might be buried in some non-Lib haags.......

It's time to 'fess up. The only good thing going for the spouse series is the Liberty Subset. Period. It's closed in Proof, nearly closed in Unc (Buch Unc.). A pretty set, nice designs, high gold content.

It will be promoted. Lots of people got caught with their pants down on this last Proof Lib (Buch). And lots of people are in acquisition mode. They should be, in my opinion.

Will there be esoteric collectors of some of the low mintage haags? Sure. Will these coins ever attract enough interest outside of a small group of collectors? Probably not.

Hey, I keep hearing about Wonder trading off his Buch Proofs.....I'm sure someone will take them at issue......oh, that's right - you wont sell them at issue...

the only one I'm buried deep in right now is Mary Todd Lincoln(MTL).

It's looking grim out there. They are performing as poorly (maybe a little worse even) as the Buch's did at this same time in the selling cycle. However, the Buch has the Liberty subset going for it. I don't know much of anything going for the MTL other than the last name.

I hope sales pick up soon. It really appears there is a buyer's strike out there right now.

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I hope sales pick up soon. It really appears there is a buyer's strike out there right now. >>

There's no buyer's strike, everyone is saving up for the (sure to be wildly popular) Lucretia Garfield coin! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file