Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I believe there was a time, or still is the case, where "bulk" order grades were not included in the pop's?

Can someone at PCGS opine?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buch proof B/O now pushed back to 3/24.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one have the latest posted pre audited Mint Totals for the proofs? Last time I checked it was around 7,300
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any one have the latest posted pre audited Mint Totals for the proofs? Last time I checked it was around 7,300 >>

7304 PR and 5086 unc as of 3/13. I'm guessing there are fewer than 1,000 uncs left.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any one have the latest posted pre audited Mint Totals for the proofs? Last time I checked it was around 7,300 >>

7304 PR and 5086 unc as of 3/13. I'm guessing there are fewer than 1,000 uncs left. >>

That's a lot at the current sales rate.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    not really since sales for the unc have really picked up the last few weeks, 200 last week for instance.
  • Options
    Most of the 2010 dated hags are going to sell out before the end of the expected sales cycle. IF gold does not move up then 2010 was the bottom in terms of mintage in most cases because the MINT will likely move up the anticipated demand projections for the new runs.
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Hello Eric, it has been approx. 5-6 weeks since the Buch Pr went to backorder. What does the USM do in these several weeks to decide which back orders will be filled ? How many more weeks will we have to wait usually to find out if we get the BO coins or not? Thanks Eric for your top rated imput.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    They fill the orders they dont have coins for in the order in which they were recieved and as they come in for returns. From the time the returns come in it takes a while for them to be inspected restocked and shipped. I would say if you dont have your orders filled in 8 weeks after going NLA then your odds of getting any are long.

Eric
  • Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    An update regarding the Buchanan proof backorders;

I placed an order on 2/3/11 at 2:39 PM for a couple buchanan proofs. I currently have 1 reserved and X amount on backorder... That said, they must be working through the returns and we may be getting a few...

Also, note the Pierce UNCs have gone to backorder so it looks like Eric was right on them and they were short struck...
    The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    The Unc Pierce was selling at 5 coins a day last week. If 3305 was Mondays number then 3305 + 3(5)= 3320 assuming no one placed a big order. Guys if the order report is 5% high that may spell second seat for Julia in the mintage tables. I bought some Pierce but I dont plan to keep them in my long term collection. At least one Julia does have a long terms seat however. :-)

Eric
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see you guys talking about the "ugly hags" so much again ... warms the heart image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>An update regarding the Buchanan proof backorders;

I placed an order on 2/3/11 at 2:39 PM for a couple buchanan proofs. I currently have 1 reserved and X amount on backorder... That said, they must be working through the returns and we may be getting a few...

Also, note the Pierce UNCs have gone to backorder so it looks like Eric was right on them and they were short struck... >>

Oh, I ordered 2 Buchanan proof on 2/3/11 at 2:31PM, but both are still on backorder image
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options

<< <i>An update regarding the Buchanan proof backorders;

Also, note the Pierce UNCs have gone to backorder so it looks like Eric was right on them and they were short struck... >>

I ordered mine on 2/4. Now has a ship date of 4/1.

Same ship date as for the Pierce Proofs that I ordered.

Just FYI, I did receive one set of 2008 W plat proofs around three months after ordering.
  • Options
    With lastest sales report showing nearly 500 sales for buch unc last week, wadda ya think Eric? Sellout really close? As noted, sales for this one have really picked up the last month or so since the PR sold out and we are very close to 13,000 total sales now.
  • Options
    The unc buck has 6 months left to sell and its selling in a consistent manner. The coin should sell out around 6300 coins depending on scrap rates.

MS
    19,000 Drapped Bust Liberty
    4600 Capped Bust Liberty
    3800 Seated Liberty
    6000+ Buck Liberty

More or less is how the Red book will read in 2-4 years if they can get it right by then.
  • Options
    hmmm... 6300 would leave about 700 unc buchs remaining and at this late rate they will not last.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    300 just disappeared in Eric's last post alone!! LOL

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Latest report also has a jump for unc pierce w/ total now at 3491 w/ sales continuing maybe. Maybe it will be more in mintage league w/ Polk.
  • Options

<< <i>300 just disappeared in Eric's last post alone!! LOL

Wondercoin >>

Jaja good one!
  • Options
    Wow. Buch UNC just sold 493 last week! What contribute to such a strong sales? Anticipation of early sold out? Lack of first spouse items available on the US Mint website so people focus on Buch Unc?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    The raw Buch Proofs can be had on ebay for around $960, though not much there. About $100 over the original price from the mint. They may rise after the all the backorders get cancelled. I think the uncircs will be gone soon.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow. Buch UNC just sold 493 last week! What contribute to such a strong sales? Anticipation of early sold out? Lack of first spouse items available on the US Mint website so people focus on Buch Unc? >>

speculation on a potentially hot item is my take.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    When a coin goes back order they keep selling coins that dont exist to cover any returned coins. The coins went black around 3300 coins the extra 200 coins that the report now reads do not exist.

Eric
  • Options
    My Buch proof order from 2/21 now reads....

1 unit reserved, 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 04/06/2011.

Cancel box gone.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does "cancel box gone" mean that the coins are being processed for shipment, or that they have been allocated at least?

My cancel box is also gone with a ship date of 4/6/2011.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Does "cancel box gone" mean that the coins are being processed for shipment, or that they have been allocated at least?

My cancel box is also gone with a ship date of 4/6/2011. >>

They are readied for shipment or have been shipped.
  • Options
    Well this isn't good....

My Pierce Proofs went from one unit reserved and two B/O'd to canceled :-(

My three Buchs went from one unit reserved and two B/O'd to:

2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 04/07/2011.

W/the cancel box re-appeared!

Has this ever happened to any of you - the cancel box re-appearing??

Not looking good :-(

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The unc buck has 6 months left to sell and its selling in a consistent manner. The coin should sell out around 6300 coins depending on scrap rates.

MS
    4600 Capped Bust Liberty
    3800 Seated Liberty
    6000+ Buck Liberty

More or less is how the Red book will read in 2-4 years if they can get it right by then. >>

I just looked in my 2011 Redbook which reports the following mintages:

Jefferson's Liberty - 19,815 proofs & 19,823 uncs
    Jackson's Liberty - 7,454 proofs & 4,281 uncs
    Van Buren's Liberty - 6,187 proofs & 3,443 uncs
    Buchanan's Liberty - no mintages yet

So are these number reliable? Just wondering as they differ a little from those mentioned above. Also, I thought that the Jefferson sold out with 20,000 each in the proof and the unc, not sure why the Redbook numbers are slightly lower. Not sure that it matters much as I'm sure many many more were melted as the flippers didn't hit their home runs and as gold went up to $800/oz, then $1000/oz and then $1200/oz and now $1400+/oz!!

• Options

<< <i>Well this isn't good....

My Pierce Proofs went from one unit reserved and two B/O'd to canceled :-(

My three Buchs went from one unit reserved and two B/O'd to:

2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 04/07/2011.

W/the cancel box re-appeared!

Has this ever happened to any of you - the cancel box re-appearing??

Not looking good :-( >>

Not to me, but who knows what's going on there.

They ship stuff and don't link the tracking number into the order, etc. Lots of new problems. ""Business as usual""

I notice the Fillmore Unc is sold out and both Pierce are sold out.

They are going fast.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The unc buck has 6 months left to sell and its selling in a consistent manner. The coin should sell out around 6300 coins depending on scrap rates.

MS
    4600 Capped Bust Liberty
    3800 Seated Liberty
    6000+ Buck Liberty

More or less is how the Red book will read in 2-4 years if they can get it right by then. >>

I just looked in my 2011 Redbook which reports the following mintages:

Jefferson's Liberty - 19,815 proofs & 19,823 uncs
    Jackson's Liberty - 7,454 proofs & 4,281 uncs
    Van Buren's Liberty - 6,187 proofs & 3,443 uncs
    Buchanan's Liberty - no mintages yet

So are these number reliable? Just wondering as they differ a little from those mentioned above. Also, I thought that the Jefferson sold out with 20,000 each in the proof and the unc, not sure why the Redbook numbers are slightly lower. Not sure that it matters much as I'm sure many many more were melted as the flippers didn't hit their home runs and as gold went up to $800/oz, then $1000/oz and then $1200/oz and now $1400+/oz!! >>

I have posted the final final mintages for these coins more than once and did not bother to look them up again and just rounded off. The numbers you have quoted in the Red book are wrong. The reason I said in a few years is about every 2-3 years they go through and clean up their bad data.

• Options
    Buchanan’s Liberty Proof (2010) 7,304* 0
    Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,161 (-418)

No change in the Proofs...but the unc. dropped by 418
  • Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    where is Eliza Johnson???? USMint forgot to plug her into the schedule???
  • Options
    My has not been canceled yet, but if the coins look anything like the last ones i got...
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Any predictions as to whether the late release of Eliza will lead to a smaller strike than usual?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    She is coming. And in general dont expect anticipated demand to be 3300-3500 coins either think 4,000++

Eric
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>where is Eliza Johnson???? USMint forgot to plug her into the schedule??? >>

I was wondering the same thing, she appears as TBD way down the list. I get the feeling the design must have been a problem and a recall was done.
  • Options
    As of 4/7/2011....latest Buch. sales figures

Buchanan’s Liberty Proof (2010) 7,304* 0
    Buchanan’s Liberty Uncirculated (2010) 5,194 .. 33

The unc. actually increased by 33, but when is the Mint going to adjust the Proof figures to reflect all the alleged returns that were quoted in this thread?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>where is Eliza Johnson???? USMint forgot to plug her into the schedule??? >>

I was wondering the same thing, she appears as TBD way down the list. I get the feeling the design must have been a problem and a recall was done. >>

Still no Eliza?
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the Buch Unc has gone to B/O...avail 4/22. Is it done?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Both of my Buchanan PF Gold Backorders have been cancelled. The market price may rise when several of us don't get their coins from the USM. Comments....
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine has canceled too - just noticed now. Ordered on 2/4.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    My order was canceled Last night image I also ordered on 2/4
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My proof Buchs were cancelled and I'm sending one unc back since there's no point to "half a set".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>She is coming. And in general dont expect anticipated demand to be 3300-3500 coins either think 4,000++

Eric >>

So to clarify. Ur thinking the mint will produce > 4000 unc? Of course the price and other factors will drive if people buy them but I'm getting ur thinking no early sell out?
  • Options
    Correct. No early sell out.....the 2010 dated coins were the early sell out issues. That behavior came and went. I expect there to be over 4,000 struck of everything dated 2011. As you said the question now becomes if gold goes crazy and the price on the 2011 dated isses with it will their be enough demand to pull the coins to 4,000 + final mintages. I dont know what is going to happen with gold so I cant predict market demand. I can say that if gold does not move much this year then the 2011 FS coins will likely sell into the 4,xxx range.

Eric
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info.
  • Options
    Buchanan's unc. just went dark...

I guess they must not be reselling the returned ones.
  • Options
    I wonder what was the Buch Unc sales in the last week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file