Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    And dpeck is bidding the Hogan up and this bad boy is up to $227.50 after only about 30 minutes.
  • Options

<< <i>Did he just compare wrestling cards to a 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 10? >>

After running the whole rant through my wrasslin' to english translation program he indeed did compare wrasslin' cards to a 1952 Topps Mantle in PSA 10.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did he just compare wrestling cards to a 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 10? >>

After running the whole rant through my wrasslin' to english translation program he indeed did compare wrasslin' cards to a 1952 Topps Mantle in PSA 10.

Bob >>

Just making sure that the lack of beer tonight hadn't effected my comprehension.
  • Options

<< <i>My real strategy with these cards is a very long term one. I really believe that these cards have major upside potential long term. I gave zero thought to influencing anyone to buy these on here.

I have posted on the Beckett board becuase I want Beckett to raise the prices in the magazine. I know they are not what they used to be in terms of market influence. But people will feel more comfortable paying what ever the price is if it is in print. They are six months behind on the prices for these so really it has not changed a thing.

I do believe you are correct about once people see the prices they sell for it tends to stick. I have no idea what the next Hogan will sell for but I will guarentee it is not $80. People will remember the $503 sale and think $225 is bargain. That is how markets work.

I would compare these cards more to like comic books or the Three Stooges cards. It only takes a hand full of serious collectors to believe that they should be worth a lot and they will be.

Call me crazy but I think you could see a RAW Hogan some day fetch $500 every time. That day may be now or it may be in 10 years. I really don't care becuase I bought them for my own personal satisfaction. >>

Ummm...

Snorto~

P.S. Yeah, I know, my collection is crap and my mother's meatloaf sucks.
  • Options
    I also believe that there was a reference to Hulk/Flair/Giant as being similar to Babe/Mantle/Aaron.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>I also believe that there was a reference to Hulk/Flair/Giant as being similar to Babe/Mantle/Aaron.

Bob >>

You say that as if it is not true. Don't make me do a classic Flair rant on here.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>cal ripken rc one of the greatest modern players of all time and u cant give his rookies away. >>

absurd.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
  • Options
    Just went through some 80's boxes and found some 82 Series D. Scans to come shortly.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options

• Options
    Dpeck- No disrespect intended at all man. If any of the pics bother you, just let me know and I'll take down immediately. I'm just bored, dude.

• Options
    Why do I get the feeling this thread is going to get locked or go poof eventually?

• Options
    I got to hit the sack.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I get the feeling this thread is going to get locked or go poof eventually?

We can only hope.
    Speaking of poof I was posting on another forum and the topic dissappeared.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of poof I was posting on another forum and the topic dissappeared. >>

Poofed
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    you've gotta be kidding me. Just when I thought this guy couldn't get any stupider........BAM!!!!

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>you've gotta be kidding me. Just when I thought this guy couldn't get any stupider........BAM!!!! >>

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I won't bother to read all 320 posts - can someone tell me if I have the first Leaping Lanny Poffo reference?

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I am kind of embarrassed to be a part of this forum. Someone who is genuinely passionate about a certain collectable is being harassed because it is not baseball related.

wow
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>I am kind of embarrassed to be a part of this forum. Someone who is genuinely passionate about a certain collectable is being harassed because it is not baseball related.

wow >>

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I am sure it has nothing to do with his quoting people with things they did not say. (Show me where I said people that collect sport cards are stupid. Show me where everyone said there is no interest in these cards.)

Continually telling us how the market works...and usually completely wrong. (Comics don't go down in value...really? Tell that to the three dealers I bought out. Once a card reaches a value it maintains it....really, did someone forget the whole 1990s).

Posting a non-sport subject in a sport card forum. (The McMahon's don't consider WWF/WWE a sport...and they own it.)

The fact that this is not even the first thread to do all the above. (And likely not the last).

Making an alt to back himself. (Big DB move).

Giving hourly updates on certain cards. (Who does that?)

Sticking that girl, who is suppose to be his wife, in the conversation multiple times as a brag...and then complaining if someone replies to such.

Bragging 4-5 times that he predicted that Stras card would not go for a million and patting himself on the back each time. People usually don't brag about noticing the obvious.

Or the general subject itself. I don't think how serious I was about collecting say Power Puff trading cards would matter...the list would likely make fun of me if I posted about them 20 times a day. If I did such, I should not act surprized when people laugh.

Relating, which is a step beyong comparing, sport cards with stocks and bonds.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options

<< <i>I am kind of embarrassed to be a part of this forum. Someone who is genuinely passionate about a certain collectable is being harassed because it is not baseball related.

wow >>

I am genuinely passionate about all the non baseball related items I collect and it's nice to know that someone is backing me up on here. image
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

I thought you guys had given up on this thread. I went out last night and just opened this up this morning.

Let's get real for a second, the notion that I would make some other board name up and come in here is post is absurd. My spelling and grammer is certainly not the best but I type words out. There is no way that you can think that is me. When I signed up like two months ago it took a week for PSA to make it possible for me to post.

McAdams, not to worry bro I think the card looks great! I am just surprised you did not make is DBAG All Stars. I told you guys you can make fun of me all you want, as long as you leave my wife out of this I am totally cool with that. I have thick skin.

Thanks high end for making that post. The bulk of oyur message is what I have been trying to get across is there is just not much high grade stuff and the population reports are not becuase a lack of interest in getting them graded but simply nice stuff does not exist.

I bought the last sealed set of 82B and some of the cards had modest corner damage. I was hoping to send them off but since none will get a GEM Mint grade and maybe a couple will get a 9 if I am lucky I am just putting them in the droor with the rest of the cards.

As for these current auctions I think the word is out and the prices just gapped up.

• Options

<< <i>Wow!

I thought you guys had given up on this thread. I went out last night and just opened this up this morning.

Let's get real for a second, the notion that I would make some other board name up and come in here is post is absurd. My spelling and grammer is certainly not the best but I type words out. There is no way that you can think that is me. When I signed up like two months ago it took a week for PSA to make it possible for me to post.

McAdams, not to worry bro I think the card looks great! I am just surprised you did not make is DBAG All Stars. I told you guys you can make fun of me all you want, as long as you leave my wife out of this I am totally cool with that. I have thick skin.

Thanks high end for making that post. The bulk of oyur message is what I have been trying to get across is there is just not much high grade stuff and the population reports are not becuase a lack of interest in getting them graded but simply nice stuff does not exist.

I bought the last sealed set of 82B and some of the cards had modest corner damage. I was hoping to send them off but since none will get a GEM Mint grade and maybe a couple will get a 9 if I am lucky I am just putting them in the droor with the rest of the cards.

As for these current auctions I think the word is out and the prices just gapped up. >>

If...and I do mean IF....that wasn't you, I apologize.

But yes, it is possible, that once you left, that guy appeared, and repeated almost word for word, what you felt the need to tell us a dozen or so times, it would be unusual...but possible.

I should have put likely or might or possible or something like that above, and for not doing such I was wrong.

That however doesn't really change much from my post.

And again on your reported wife...you are the one that kept bringing her up, saying things like we...I guess all 1500 or whatever of us...couldn't score a wife like you. Just like you are the one who showed us your photo to show how cool you are.

If you want to convince me that is your wife...how about a wedding photo that shows you are the groom. Like kissing the bride at the alter....taking off the leg thing. Any classic wedding image...other then you standing beside her...will do.
  • Options
    Go check my Facebook, tell if that one is acceptable or if you need more proof

I don't recall who it was but they began imediately making fun of my appearance and I simply said only guys do and then changed my profile pic so you could see I was not making that up.

The bottom line is that bringing my appearance and my wife's into the discussion was not needed and back fired on who ever did.

• Options

<< <i>Go check my Facebook, tell if that one is acceptable or if you need more proof

I don't recall who it was but they began imediately making fun of my appearance and I simply said only guys do and then changed my profile pic so you could see I was not making that up.

The bottom line is that bringing my appearance and my wife's into the discussion was not needed and back fired on who ever did. >>

I agree....it was you that brought up the photos again....why dont you look back on this thread.
  • Options
    Okay I gave you one more to look at.

I am done commenting on looks.

• Options

wow >>

Has nothing to do with baseball vs. wrestling. On some of the early threads, I think some people (me included) went after Dpeck. He has a different way of going about his business here for sure and it was a little annoying at first. Some of the resentment coming from others has to do with their belief that he posts here just to generate interest in these cards because he is selling etc. But, as he's said several times, he's not selling any of them. I guess I have no reason to question that. IMO, he's a frequent poster on a subject that not many people here know much about, which is good. It would be good if Dpeck would recognize that many of the guys here are seasoned vets in the hobby and don't like being told how markets work. Despite that, I think the added interest to wrestling cards to the boards is a good thing. I would hope nothing here would be considered "harassment." I once heard wrestling described as a "dude's soap opera" and I feel the same way about this thread.

• Options

<< <i>Okay I gave you one more to look at.

I am done commenting on looks. >>

You didn't provide anything. I guess you want me to spend 30 min. to look for your facebook.

It is yet to be seen if you are done commenting on looks...which again, you are the one that brought into conversation.
  • Options
    McAdams that is just how I talk. It is very clear there are more seasoned collectors here then me. I told you I am a stockbroker/financial advisor what are people want to call it, and that is just how my words come out.

The heat got turned up imediatedly and I ood my ground. I actually stopped posting but decided I was not going to let a few people run me off becuase this is an open forum and I enjoy looking at many of the threads. I don't have much to add to them becuase I quite frankly know nothing about older cards other then they are rare and who some of the key stars are.

This thread quite frankly has been a lot of fun I think for many. People stay interested when their is controversy in somthing and this thread certainly has not lacked that.

Historically there has been little interest in wrestling cards and quite frankly there still is. I thought some of the other wrestling sets would take off and I have been wrong.

There are three of the Wrestling All Stars sets and a magazine set from 1985 with the same name but different manufactur. There are some singles for sale on EBAY right now. These four sets is where almost all of the interest is.

The only other cards that gets real attention is the Hogan from 1985 Topps and I do have two for sale on EBAY.
  • Options
    http://www.facebook.com/dpeck100

Here you go, I did change it to a wedding shot. I thought they had posted the linkebefore. Anyway this should work.

Back to the cards.
  • Options
    What everyone else said plus the fact that he came here bragging that money was no object and he would not be outbid. He doesn't seem to understand that there are people on this forum that have one or two cards worth more than his entire collection.

Not sure if the recap above mentioned him referring to Jeff as the fat guy and calling the other Jeff the trash collector.

Did we miss anything?
  • Options
    Bill,

Money is no object when something cost $100 bucks. I am sure there are people on here who have one card that is worth more then all my cards. I could care less.

And if you think it is not cool to fire back at people who made tons of negative comments about my looks and my wife and so forth then too bad. It is real easy for fat guys sitting behind a key board to throw stones.

You joined in on the fun and I made it clear too that you had no room to talk either. Big deal.

If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I wonder if we started a new wrestling thread that had all of the same wrestling commentary and auction links, but none of the personal attacks, would it be more fun or less fun to read?

Maybe as a rule, we should ban the posting of other's people's pictures without their prior permission. It seems that the intensity picked up a bit after that occured.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if we started a new wrestling thread that had all of the same wrestling commentary and auction links, but none of the personal attacks, would it be more fun or less fun to read? >>

Been slowly working on scanning magazine covers and articles that I have planned for another thread but am waiting on Carol to confirm if any of what I intend to post is unsuitable for the board (images of blood and the occasional racy image on a cover).

Also was going to post a poll asking which forum would be appropriate. I don't feel this is a sport (but that the participants are certainly athletes) but there have been other threads on this forum before so not sure where the appropriate place for any of these wrestling threads should be.
  • Options

<< <i>You joined in on the fun and I made it clear too that you had no room to talk either. Big deal. >>

Silly me. I forgot you have met my wife, seen my collection and know how much money I make.

BTW, if you attack and ridicule people I consider friends, yes I will jump in the mix. Will do the same in person.

While we are throwing out pics, here's a few. I have no shame or no reason to hide. I am who I am and love the crap I collect.

My wife and her GF. My wife's on the right:

Pic of me that is used on my business cards. Yes it was photoshopped because my hairline isn't quite what it used to be:

Me and a 2 other board members after filling a Uhaul with SPORTS crap I collect:

My daughter in one of her artsy fartsy photos:

My son who is a 3-time All Star at a real sport with a fastball in the 65 MPH range and a BA this past season over .600. BTW he's only 11:

Just for snorts and giggles, a pic of me in pure redneck style. The largest rabbit I've ever killed and did it after a fifth of Jack and a case of beer. Shot it in the head, in the dark from about 75 yards away. Tasted like chicken:

• Options
    I think you look twice as drunk in your Baltimore photo Bill. Hope you conned a couple board members to cover drinks there.

Here is the only photo I have of myself handy...maybe the only photo as a friend got kicked out of his house last year and I let him and his family stay at my house...and the boy kicked my hard drives, repeatedly, until he broke the one with all my photos over the years, articles I wrote, contact information and I could go on...but I might start crying.

Me and the Rubicon 1....a real space rocket that I was involved in, part of the X-Prize contest. We couldnt afford a fuel test ($30,000) so we winged it....and it blew up on us about 10 feet off the ground and tumbled about 200 feet into the Pacific Ocean. But, we were one of only 3 teams to actually launch anything...and we got beat by Paul Allen....which isnt a bad person to lose to.

I learned a valuable lesson I use to end all my meteorite talks with on this thing.......Space rockets do not fit through doorways.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if we started a new wrestling thread that had all of the same wrestling commentary and auction links, but none of the personal attacks, would it be more fun or less fun to read?

Maybe as a rule, we should ban the posting of other's people's pictures without their prior permission. It seems that the intensity picked up a bit after that occured. >>

I think a person pretty much gives permisssion when they are saying, look how cool I am and provide the photos.
  • Options

<< <i>Posting a non-sport subject in a sport card forum. (The McMahon's don't consider WWF/WWE a sport...and they own it.) >>

Does it really upset you that much? Wrestling isn't a sport but this certainly isn't the first OT thread.

<< <i>The fact that this is not even the first thread to do all the above. (And likely not the last). >>

Who cares?

<< <i>Making an alt to back himself. (Big DB move). >>

Again who cares?

<< <i>Giving hourly updates on certain cards. (Who does that?) >>

A man who enjoys wrestling cards does that so again, who cares?

<< <i>Sticking that girl, who is suppose to be his wife, in the conversation multiple times as a brag...and then complaining if someone replies to such. >>

His thread, and people were attacking him way before he started that desperate defense.

<< <i>Bragging 4-5 times that he predicted that Stras card would not go for a million and patting himself on the back each time. People usually don't brag about noticing the obvious. >>

Why are you letting this get to you so much? He's a dbag.

<< <i>Or the general subject itself. I don't think how serious I was about collecting say Power Puff trading cards would matter...the list would likely make fun of me if I posted about them 20 times a day. If I did such, I should not act surprized when people laugh. >>

Treat others how you would like to be treated not how you expect to be treated.

<< <i>I think a person pretty much gives permisssion when they are saying, look how cool I am and provide the photos. >>

Just because someone gives you permission to attack him personally and evade his privacy should you?

Everyone here has been nice enough to me and I repay the favor by treating everyone here as equals. I hate to see people bully others around online. This forum was created to share information and provide insight on collectables not badger dbags. Just because someone comes off as a jerk do we all have to call him out on it? Who cares if he collects wrestling cards and likes to hype his own collection? If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Don't let stupid people aggravate you over stupid things... it's just stupid image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i> He's a dbag. >>

I agree with you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have nothing to add other than I wanted to see what the cool sign emoticon looked like.

Who cares?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Posting a non-sport subject in a sport card forum. (The McMahon's don't consider WWF/WWE a sport...and they own it.) >>

Does it really upset you that much? Wrestling isn't a sport but this certainly isn't the first OT thread.

<< <i>The fact that this is not even the first thread to do all the above. (And likely not the last). >>

Who cares?

<< <i>Making an alt to back himself. (Big DB move). >>

Again who cares?

<< <i>Giving hourly updates on certain cards. (Who does that?) >>

A man who enjoys wrestling cards does that so again, who cares?

<< <i>Sticking that girl, who is suppose to be his wife, in the conversation multiple times as a brag...and then complaining if someone replies to such. >>

His thread, and people were attacking him way before he started that desperate defense.

<< <i>Bragging 4-5 times that he predicted that Stras card would not go for a million and patting himself on the back each time. People usually don't brag about noticing the obvious. >>

Why are you letting this get to you so much? He's a dbag.

<< <i>Or the general subject itself. I don't think how serious I was about collecting say Power Puff trading cards would matter...the list would likely make fun of me if I posted about them 20 times a day. If I did such, I should not act surprized when people laugh. >>

Treat others how you would like to be treated not how you expect to be treated.

<< <i>I think a person pretty much gives permisssion when they are saying, look how cool I am and provide the photos. >>

Just because someone gives you permission to attack him personally and evade his privacy should you?

Everyone here has been nice enough to me and I repay the favor by treating everyone here as equals. I hate to see people bully others around online. This forum was created to share information and provide insight on collectables not badger dbags. Just because someone comes off as a jerk do we all have to call him out on it? Who cares if he collects wrestling cards and likes to hype his own collection? If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Don't let stupid people aggravate you over stupid things... it's just stupid image >>

I do agree with most of what you said....that is not what your original post said. I dont think many of your comments fit me....I have not posted images of him, evaded his privacy, attacked his wife or the like. Your message very much sounds like I have and I think you are off base. Please show me where I attacked his privacy as you alude.

My response you decided to pick and choose from was in response to your untrue comment that he was being attacked for not liking baseball cards. Don't take my answer out of content.

Edit to add: Maybe since you have not been around here long you dont know the board history. We have had several trusted members rip others off....one for several thousand. Dishonest D-Bags are going to hit a wall everytime from now on....and should.
  • Options
    Hogan already at $405. This is going to go for a lot. That sale at $503 has changed the market!
  • Options

<< <i>Hogan already at $405. This is going to go for a lot. That sale at $503 has changed the market! >>

Shilling is fun image

Once again, you should never post about a card that you are bidding on.
  • Options
    I am still waiting JHS5120 for you to show me how I violated DP's privacy as you accused me of.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I found some WCW cards while looking thru some stuff. Is there any value? I found a really nice Sting, Flair, and Lex Luther. Anyone know about these???

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options

<< <i>I found some WCW cards while looking thru some stuff. Is there any value? I found a really nice Sting, Flair, and Lex Luther. Anyone know about these??? >>

I bought a box of those at Kay-Bee Toys in 1993 for $1.

• Options

<< <i>I do agree with most of what you said.... >>

Thank you image

<< <i>I have not posted images of him, evaded his privacy, attacked his wife or the like. >>

Never said you did.

<< <i>Your message very much sounds like I have and I think you are off base. >>

Sorry if you misunderstood my post

<< <i>My response you decided to pick and choose from was in response to your untrue comment that he was being attacked for not liking baseball cards. Don't take my answer out of content. >>

Again, sorry that you misunderstood my post. I am not here to pick fights, all you are trying to do is protect the forum from a douche bag who keeps hyping wrestling cards, I am just trying to keep this thread civilized. My original post was not aimed at you but at the people who WERE posting photos and mocking his family.

<< <i>Edit to add: Maybe since you have not been around here long you dont know the board history. We have had several trusted members rip others off....one for several thousand. Dishonest D-Bags are going to hit a wall everytime from now on....and should. >>

I think he is more of an idiot then dishonest.

<< <i>I am still waiting JHS5120 for you to show me how I violated DP's privacy as you accused me of. >>

I never accused you of anything. Why are you taking this so personal?

And sorry, I went to the store.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    That WCW was great. Nitro was great. I might run some ebay auctions to shill them up a few hundred bucks so they have some value.image
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)