Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i think dpeck just rested his hand on barfs leg... >>

I was wondering what that was! image

Actually Piper would be my favorite. That guy just had a way with words and was so enjoyable to watch and listen to. I'd say he's one of the few that I'd like to add an autographed item to my collection.

Picked this up for $5 at Wally World.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a decent DVD but a little short on the documentary.

The Piper's Pit where he breaks the coconut on Snuka's head is crazy. Those guys were so juiced up and wacked on blow. Snuka was very pissed in real life.
  • Options

<< <i>It is a decent DVD but a little short on the documentary.

The Piper's Pit where he breaks the coconut on Snuka's head is crazy. Those guys were so juiced up and wacked on blow. Snuka was very pissed in real life. >>

The documentary part to be honest sucked but I understand why it was done the way it was.

Piper's Pit with Jimmy Snuka . One of those great crazy moments I actually got to watch on the tube back in the day.
  • Options
    Snuka PSA 10

Snuka is one of the most underated cards in all the sets. Here is the PSA 10 I bought for $40.

Snuka off the top!!!

If this pulls up right this is the greatest cage match of all time!
  • Options
    Carol,

I will ask one more time. Could you please move this to the non-sports forum?
  • Options
    PSA has Wrestling Cards in their sports cards section.

Why do you care where this thread is? If you don't like it why bother to look?

• Options
    Snuka is one of the cards I'd like to add eventually as he was a blast to watch back then.

That cage match is another one that I remember watching as well. Still kinda fun to watch but being older I see things that they do in the ring that I never noticed as a kid. But I guess like the fans of today we (being my friends and I) thought it was all so real. I've tried to watch the recent stuff but just can't do it. image
  • Options
    I live in Orlando where TNA is taped. Christy Hemme got us tickets and great seats at the PPV before last. The wrestlers were getting so pissed when they would walk the ramp back and I was giving it to them for not working harder in the ring.

The real problem is that once they told the public it was fake, it is not the same. Even though it was heavily rumored, and many people thought it was fake, try telling that to Jimmy Snuka outside the ring in 1983.

In Orlando and other areas of Florida, Eddie Graham was the promoter in Florida in the 70's and 80's. He paid guys to get in bar fights. My dad used to go to the matches and saw Buddy Colt have his arm broken out of socket on the ring post right in front of his eyes. When that happened people put the fake part in the back of their mind.

Watching a guys arm broken in half right in front of your eyes will keep you interested. Today they barely work in the ring. If they want to compete with MMA they need to pick up the pace and deliver some serious punishment like they used too.

Without the steroids and pain killers, wrestling will never be what it once was.
  • Options
    I am heading to bed.

There are a lot of Wrestling All Stars auctions that end in the next two days for singles. Should be fun to watch.

Good night.
  • Options

<< <i>Why do you care where this thread is? If you don't like it why bother to look? >>

I have a douchebag fetish
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Although I almost never agree with Dpeck, I just wanted to say that I actually thought his wife was hot. Not too shabby for a card collector, a wrestling fan, and a Rollins college graduate. You could have done worse Dpeck.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>Carol,

I will ask one more time. Could you please move this to the non-sports forum? >>

Oh come on one thread ain't gonna kill ya. After all, how many times do guys post sports stories in the cards section & vice versa? I think that because:

1- Wrestling is kind of close to being a sport
    2-that it's contained to one thread
    3-and most important many posters seem to be enjoying the thread

that is should be kept right where it is.

Just my humble two cents image
  • Options
    dpeck..

You should PM board member vladguerrero He has a lot or wrestling stuff you maybe interested in.

I know at one time he showed his prized pieces which were a Ravishing Rick rude rc which was autographed along with a pair of rick rude's tights that had ultimate warriors face on the butt..
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Carol,

I will ask one more time. Could you please move this to the non-sports forum? >>

Oh come on one thread ain't gonna kill ya. After all, how many times do guys post sports stories in the cards section & vice versa? I think that because:

1- Wrestling is kind of close to being a sport
    3-and most important many posters seem to be enjoying the thread

that is should be kept right where it is.

Just my humble two cents image >>

I agree. I am OK with wrestling stuff here. And any thread that Dpeck is involved in has a certain soap-opera element to it and I can't stay away for long. Which new member will get into a fight with him today..Who knows? When will the wall street trading references stop? Who knows? I actually hate wrestling cards, I'm just here for the drama.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>1- Wrestling is kind of close to being a sport
    3-and most important many posters seem to be enjoying the thread >>

1 - Acting is a sport?
    2 - Each time a wrestling card in a PSA holder is listed on eBay, Dpeck posts a thread
    3 - We enjoy Dpecks threads because they always turn into trainwrecks. Don't think he has posted a thread that he didn't brag about something
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I loved watching wrestling when I was a kid. I think Hulk Hogan was the last guy I cheered for.

The older matches from the 70s and 60s were the best for me, the older the better.

It was great when Bloomberg TV used to play all the classics from the 50s.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I will always love late 80's early 90's wrestling. I think the CU "crew" might have come on too strong against Dpeck. I'm guessing it was from his determination with that Hogan card and how he said he would pay how ever much, and others bidded it up. Other than that I don't see why it had to result in posting personal pictures and personal comments, or maybe I just didn't read everything.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    the Great Kabuki blew that green stuff in people's faces. Cool
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Great pic fat guy!
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Sincerely, The Fat Guy with the Ripken avatar. image >>

I nominate TFGWTRA as a candidate for the Hall of CU Message Board Acronyms. Do I have a second?
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
  • Options
    I want the five minutes of my life back that I spent reading this thread.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    This thread needs some more WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I want the five minutes of my life back that I spent reading this thread. >>

Would you settle for 2 1/2 as it's all I can afford to give back at this time. image
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What do you think a sealed set of 1982 Series C would sell for?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Go to Wrestleprints.com, he has them from the original maker and they are $129.

The risk is always bad corners. I have opened severall of these and had tough luck.

• Options
    Your post barely deserves a comment.

Let's get real for a moment, you can't even get women as hot as my wife in one of your dreams let alone in real life.

• Options

<< <i>Your post barely deserves a comment.

Let's get real for a moment, you can't even get women as hot as my wife in one of your dreams let alone in real life. >>

Five yard penalty for excessive douchebaggery
  • Options
    Sorry Bill,

You are not one to talk, I saw your pics from the National. I will leave it at that.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry Bill,

You are not one to talk, I saw your pics from the National. I will leave it at that. >>

At least I have a small penis
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Didnt you just throw a little baby fit yesterday that your wife was brought into this (when your brought her into it), and now what are you doing?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Well that may be the case, but you are in no position to give me a hard time about my looks or my wife's.

I would suggest you guys leave the looks thing alone. That is an up hill battle you can't win.

Getting back to the cards. Look at the Andre at $99!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The whole Snipe bidding theory doesn't work with these auctions. When you are dealing with rising prices you have to test out your competition. If you watch all of the Wrestling All Stars auctions they are determined way before the final second ticks. I understand the concept of pretending there is little interest but when the number of bidders has exploded you have to let them know you are serious. I have won many auctions with these cards by showing a strong presence early and a relentless bidding amount. I enjoy looking through my feedback and seeing auctions with only 1 or 2 bidders. Those days are over!!! >>

If you have unlimited funds, then, you can bid any 'ol way and win.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>Didnt you just throw a little baby fit yesterday that your wife was brought into this (when your brought her into it), and now what are you doing? >>

This is why he is a Super-Douche!
  • Options
    Not unlimited but I am okay

If you go back a few pages I posed the question about the Andre card when it was $51. It is now $99. I would have never bid that high so Snipe bidding would not work. It really will not work when cards are going straight up unless you are willing to pay any price.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder what Andre the Giant's tights smelled like after a match
  • Options
    Not good!!!!!!

Hulk is still blowing up, $123 and going higher. I am thinking $200+ at the end.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice add.

• Options

<< <i>Nice add. >>

Been rescanning my magazine collection and am also looking for interesting articles/pictures that I intend to post on here somewhere.
  • Options
    Sweet!!

I am stunned at the current auction prices. Terry funk at $11.50, Ted Debiase at $10.50.

I just bought a Terry Funk PSA 10 for $62 bucks. Looks like a good deal!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice add. >>

Been rescanning my magazine collection and am also looking for interesting articles/pictures that I intend to post on here somewhere. >>

So you've been digging through all your junk that you have hoarded?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice add. >>

Been rescanning my magazine collection and am also looking for interesting articles/pictures that I intend to post on here somewhere. >>

So you've been digging through all your junk that you have hoarded? >>

These were easy to get at as they were on the top of the pile. image
  • Options
    Keep them coming.

Any other old school Wrestlers would be great. These sets are filled with them.
  • Options
    The Flair BGS 9 just sold.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>The Flair BGS 9 just sold. >>

Thanks for the update, it appears eBay is still working.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    He ended the auction early for a very high bid! Not mine.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭