Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    This thread you be really cool if it were in HERE. image
  • Options

<< <i>You think I am the seller? No, not even close, I am a buyer of that card. You can find me on EBAY as Dpeck100 with 188 feedback. The link I posted is my auction not the seller of the 82 Wrestling All Stars A. Look at the bids and see if anything sticks out. >>

Casual observer here, but that's also the first thought that crossed my mind. I also saw you, on a wrestling board and under a different name, spamming these Ebay auctions as well.

Nobody in their right mind would continuously plug these auctions like you do if they actually wanted to bid and win on cards.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already own 883 of the cards. I win either way. I have posted maybe 8 times on Beckett as Dpeck1000 with a picture of my Hogan PSA 9.
  • Options

<< <i>I already own 883 of the cards. I win either way. >>

So, you are spamming, indirectly.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Your answer makes since. My only question is what if you were dealing with a set of cards that only had two thousand printed? With most sports cards there is always another auction. With these cards that is still the case to a point.

Will there be other high grade examplse hit the market, sure. The problem is there are so few sets in circulation in high grade that the reason the population reports are so low is there are so few worth submitting.

The reason they are heavily tilted to the high grades is that when you have a real nice one you kinow it!!!!

I suspect over time a few more really great sets will emerge but the buyer is so hungry to own one of these cards that the prices are not done going up. >>

Why does print run matter? Snipes work just the same on 1/1's, they don't understand print run.

Assuming you are trying to win the card, how does bidding on it multiple times and fighting someone help you accomplish that?

I really don't understand how anyone can't understand this.

Let's say I am willing to go $10,000 on the card. How does bidding now help me? Again, let's say I am willing to go $150. How does bidding now help? What if I am only willing to go $20, once again, how does bidding now help? In neither case does it.

The only thing you can accomplish by putting your bid in early is getting it bidded up, and paying more. This is NO advantage and instead, a disadvantage.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I am not convinced that these threads are increasing the price level.

There has only been one person go out and want the cards in the three or four threads I have started about these cards. If everyone on here thought is was a good idea you should run!

A large percentage of the posts are negative and make fun of the idea of even collecting these cards. I highly doubt the posts on here are creating some bubble in the cards. I saw the day coming that these cards would explode.

I wish it were later as I still want to buy more. But I do own enough that at current prices which are really not that important unless you plan to sell and could do so, I have a huge profit on my collection.

So either way I win. They either come down and I buy more or they stay up and I am the largest owner of these cards and have a ton of equity in my collection.
  • Options
    Well we will agree to disagree. I have had a lot of people email me and ask me not to bid on these cards. Some how I gathered the largest collection of these at prices that are a fraction of current market prices.

Judging what you will pay by an active market is very common, it happens every day in all markets. Seeing other bids helps buyers determine what their downside risk is. Simply bidding at the end takes nothing other your percetpion of value into consideration which to me is not the most advantages approach.

If you are a seller and are forcing me to pay more then I guess that is good for you. This is what makes markets.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Well we will agree to disagree. I have had a lot of people email me and ask me not to bid on these cards. Some how I gathered the largest collection of these at prices that are a fraction of current market prices.

Judging what you will pay by an active market is very common, it happens every day in all markets. Seeing other bids helps buyers determine what their downside risk is. Simply bidding at the end takes nothing other your percetpion of value into consideration which to me is not the most advantages approach.

If you are a seller and are forcing me to pay more then I guess that is good for you. This is what makes markets. >>

How about I change my thinking?

Obviously, by letting my bid get bidded up and paying more....I am better off.

Perhaps the reason others have made fun of you and your threads, has more to do with the poster, then the subject?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had a lot of people email me and ask me not to bid on these cards. >>

Uh, yeah. Okay.

<< <i>Some how I gathered the largest collection of these at prices that are a fraction of current market prices. >>

Uh, yeah. Okay.

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Simply bidding at the end takes nothing other your percetpion of value into consideration which to me is not the most advantages approach. >>

So, would you pay more for a wrestling card if you sniped, or less? How would you be at a disadvantage if you set a snipe? It's not like a snipe is set in stone, you can set it any time you want and can change it just about any time you want.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    This is why I said last night I thought this was too funny. I posted my auction I had listed of the 1985 Topps Hogan, a far cry from the one in the title. I think it is beyond funny you think I would sit here and make this stuff up.
  • Options
    Dpeck100 Hogan Auction

Here is my auction for a $10 card at this point

Anyway feel free to look through my feedback, it will speak for it self.
  • Options

<< <i>Dpeck100 Hogan Auction

Here is my auction for a $10 card at this point

Anyway feel free to look through my feedback, it will speak for it self. >>

Once again this is SPAM and it belongs on the Buy/Sell/Trade board and not here.
  • Options
    You are a tool. You act as if I am a fake, I post the info to confirm I am not, and then you acuse. I suggest you check out my EBAY profile and your opinion might change.
  • Options

<< <i>You are a tool. You act as if I am a fake, I post the info to confirm I am not, and then you acuse. I suggest you check out my EBAY profile and your opinion might change. >>

Tool. image

That all you got?

Don't need to check out your profile as I'm not looking for a date and my opinion is still that your a DBOTW and I'm sure others will agree.
  • Options

<< <i>Real to me >>

LMFAO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You are a tool. You act as if I am a fake, I post the info to confirm I am not, and then you acuse. I suggest you check out my EBAY profile and your opinion might change. >>

Tool. image

That all you got?

Don't need to check out your profile as I'm not looking for a date and my opinion is still that your a DBOTW and I'm sure others will agree. >>

I concur DBOTW!
  • Options
    That YouTube clip was great!! It was posted yesterday.
  • Options
    Your lamb Internet secret chat lingo is just that. I encourage you to check out my profile, I think you will understand why when you do.
  • Options

<< <i>I encourage you to check out my profile, I think you will understand why when you do. >>

Understand what? That your a DBOTW. Don't need to check your profile to understand that. image
  • Options
    Well what ever that means is funny. I am glad you guys have your own secret code. As I have said before, check the profile, all of my posts will make sense.
  • Options

<< <i>Well what ever that means is funny. I am glad you guys have your own secret code. As I have said before, check the profile, all of my posts will make sense. >>

• Options
    Hey Barf,

Do yourself a favor and take the medicine. DPeck100 is a real person.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Barf,

Do yourself a favor and take the medicine. DPeck100 is a real douchebag!. >>

• Options
    It is easy to say that on the keyboard. The profile will explain everything.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Barf,

Do yourself a favor and take the medicine. DPeck100 is a real person. >>

Aww you got to have better then that. How about saying something about my mother.

• Options
    This is not personal. I don't even know you and obvioulsy have no interest in knowing you. You have been a great source of laughs two nights in a row. Thanks. I am about to go to bed now and if you choose to face the music and see my EBAY profile fine. If not keep living in your Internet dream world.
  • Options

<< <i>Your lamb Internet secret chat lingo is just that. >>

You're right, it's a lamb internet secret.

• Options
  • Options
    Nice work

Only guys look at this and make fun

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Since you're begging everyone to look at your profile, I checked it out.
    I have a couple comments:
    You should rethink your tie choice - it doesn't go with your shirt/slacks.
    I do like how you're holding your sportcoat in your hand - it's a pose that says "I'm important enough to wear a sportcoat, but right now I'm too busy to put it on".
    It's an awesome pose, and should inspire confidence in buyers looking to add to their wrestling card collections.
    Well done.
  • Options
  • Options
    You like the 911 Turbo too.

Anyway I changed my profile pic for you. Sorry dude not the loser you were hoping for. You see my very hot wife!
  • Options

<< <i>You like the 911 Turbo too.

Anyway I changed my profile pic for you. Sorry dude not the loser you were hoping for. You see my very hot wife! >>

YAWN!

Still a DBOTW.
  • Options
    And keeping with the wrestling/card theme:

imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Is English 101 a requirement for graduation at the prestigious Rollins College?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is English 101 a requirement for graduation at the prestigious Rollins College? >>

Wait wait wait, it wasn't just Rollins College......... it was "an advanced degree in Economics from one of the top business schools in Florida"
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is English 101 a requirement for graduation at the prestigious Rollins College? >>

Wait wait wait, it wasn't just Rollins College......... it was "an advanced degree in Economics from one of the top business schools in Florida" >>

And yet the concept of snipe bidding eludes him.
  • Options
    And they don't teach how to use google apparently. oops wouldn't want to spoil that secret code
  • Options
    Cool thread.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Yo Vanilla....kick it one time, boyeeeeeeee.
  • Options
    And FINALLY it's gone poof!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

This is the coolest picture I've ever seen.

It looks like you're standing in a parking lot.

Judging by the awesome sleeveless shirt, super cool shades, longneck in hand, and super cool stare down expression, I'm going to venture a guess that this pic is from a tailgate party being held outside of some sort of WWE event.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What sucks about all of this is that I have been collecting sports and non-sports cards for over 30 years, and have always been a fan and advocate of this particular set of wrestling cards. So, I actually have said things over the past 20 years like, "1982 Wrestling All Stars is exactly like the 1986 Fleer Basketball set, if people ever end up interested in them." And the production numbers and condition sensitivity of these cards are as scarce and difficult as advertised.

But the fun of the thread has been hijacked.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭