Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>He ended the auction early for a very high bid! Not mine. >>

IF TRUE...then I am now convinced, wrestling collectors are idiots, or it is just a shill.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comic books can sell for thousands and in a rare case 1.5 million

I have been telling you guys how rare these are. It is true.

Not certain why it is so hard to understand.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.......Not certain why it is so hard to understand. >>

Says the guy who cant even understand sniping.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Comic books can sell for thousands and in a rare case 1.5 million

I have been telling you guys how rare these are. It is true.

Not certain why it is so hard to understand. >>

No one has questioned that...can you read?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IF TRUE...then I am now convinced, wrestling collectors are idiots >>

Wow, it took this for you to come to that conclusion? At these recent graded prices, these buyers are basically saying that they think 82 A and B are 2 of the most important sets of the early 80's, for any sport. Low production levels aside, that is simply an absurd idea.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Well calling peole who buy the cards idiots is a little strong.

NAM,

Go back to page four or so and read my question on SNIPE bidding on these and give me your thoughts. I would like to hear your theory on how to wait till the last minute to bid on an item that is making new highs every auction. With stale cards I see your point completely. With cards that are on fire explain how you pull it off and win without paying a price you don't want to.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You talk in riddles. Please go away.
  • Options

<< <i>Well calling peole who buy the cards idiots is a little strong.

NAM,

Go back to page four or so and read my question on SNIPE bidding on these and give me your thoughts. I would like to hear your theory on how to wait till the last minute to bid on an item that is making new highs every auction. With stale cards I see your point completely. With cards that are on fire explain how you pull it off and win without paying a price you don't want to. >>

I did not say people who buy cards are idiots....please stop quoting me and others in a lie, that is becoming a bad habit of yours.

According to you, these cards see action to the last min., which is why snipe doesnt work right? Well, if that is true, then ending the auction early is not smart. Ending anything early with multiple bids and interest is not smart...unless it is scam. It is likely the second bidder was the seller...or again, the seller is an idiot.

I could care less if you understand sniping. Go ahead with your bid heavy and multiple times game plan, and pay more if you want.
  • Options
    Two guys bidding on one card does not make them "on fire". If any of the DBs bidding on them would snipe, the prices would be much lower.
  • Options
    There is no shill happening at all. People want these and you can not easily find them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>IF TRUE...then I am now convinced, wrestling collectors are idiots >>

Wow, it took this for you to come to that conclusion? At these recent graded prices, these buyers are basically saying that they think 82 A and B are 2 of the most important sets of the early 80's, for any sport. Low production levels aside, that is simply an absurd idea. >>

I agree, except, please....WWE or WWWF, was not a sport. If there is no competition, there is no sport. Poker, or even jacks, is more a sport.
  • Options
    Go do a search on Wrestling All Stars on EBAY,

There are not two people bidding. The current singles auctions are selling for more then ever. The Andre is $99. There was one listed today at $60 and sold in two hours.

The prior high on EBAY for a raw cards was $28.50

That is what is called on fire!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dpeck..

You should PM board member vladguerrero He has a lot or wrestling stuff you maybe interested in.

I know at one time he showed his prized pieces which were a Ravishing Rick rude rc which was autographed along with a pair of rick rude's tights that had ultimate warriors face on the butt.. >>

soooo NOT for sale.
  • Options

<< <i>Go do a search on Wrestling All Stars on EBAY,

There are not two people bidding. The current singles auctions are selling for more then ever. The Andre is $99. There was one listed today at $60 and sold in two hours.

The prior high on EBAY for a raw cards was $28.50

That is what is called on fire! >>

Excuse me, there are 4 people out of the over 300 million in the United States that are bidding on these cards. No different than some of the old bid wars on low pop 1950s-80s commons in baseball. Those prices eventually plummeted as will these.
  • Options
    I'm too lazy to check the registry, but do any of these collectors have their wrestling sets registered? DPECK- You should get some sets started on psa. That would take the current momentum and add more fuel to the fire for these sets.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    Raw Hogan at $162 and going past $200

My high bid was $30 and $15 on the Andre
  • Options

<< <i>There is no shill happening at all. People want these and you can not easily find them. >>

I've seen it estimated that 15% of all eBay auctions are shilled...it is happening in all fields, if you want to accept it or not.

In this case, the only advantage of ending the auction early, is if the seller is the second bidder. That is called a red flag. Now, unless you are the second bidder, you do not know.

• Options
    Okay think what you want.
  • Options

<< <i>Okay think what you want. >>

I will do that, thanks for permission.

I just saw a Hogan card listed on ebay...you better go check to report it.
  • Options
    I just purchased a pair of Andre the Giant's event used tights. I paid $800 for these which might seem high to some of you, but if in fact they are really his I got a great deal on them. They are size 84 and have a rancid odor to them which leads me to believe they are really his and have never been washed. I plan on sending these in to PSA/DNA so they can test the DNA from the tights to make sure they were really worn by Andre the Giant.

If they pass PSA/DNA I should be able to get at least 4 times my money on them. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Princess Bride.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Yes me, I have more additions on the way and the other sets requested to be added.
  • Options

<< <i>Okay think what you want. >>

Okay, I think you are trying to hype interest in these sets to dump some of your inventory.

I initially took you at face value, an enthusiastic collector of this set.

However your constant eBay price reports, reminders of how "rare" these supposedly are, and other hype falling just short of stating that after armageddon these will be the only legal world currency have led to to a very different conclusion.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>I'm too lazy to check the registry, but do any of these collectors have their wrestling sets registered? DPECK- You should get some sets started on psa. That would take the current momentum and add more fuel to the fire for these sets. >>

This really is solid advice Dpeck.

Every registry set I have started...has 4-6 people collecting or playing a little with now. The Saberhagen registry I started took over two years to go online, and within one month, a member started submitting cards for it and bought a couple I was watching on eBay.

• Options
    I am not selling any

Check my auctions not any for sale.

Trust me I am beyond thrilled they are going up but have no interest in selling any. I have 7 Hogan's, 12 Andre's, 9 Flair]s, 15 Ventura and a total of 965 cards from all three sets.

• Options

<< <i>Yes me, I have more additions on the way and the other sets requested to be added. >>

I think I just found a new business slogan.
  • Options

<< <i>I am not selling any

Check my auctions not any for sale.

Trust me I am beyond thrilled they are going up but have no interest in selling any. I have 7 Hogan's, 12 Andre's, 9 Flair]s, 15 Ventura and a total of 965 cards from all three sets. >>

Perhaps not... or just perhaps not under the eBay ID you have presented here.

What other benefit could there be to a pure collector to come here and hype these as investments?

The fact that you focus so much time trying to sell these on here makes me believe you intend to sell them elsewhere.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Tuesday June 22, 2010 6:08 PM

I had never looked for it and decided to do a search for Mike tyson. I saw it and thought it would be a hidden gem. I did the same with the Hogan and Flair rookies and was trying to strike gold again. I think tyson cards are long term winners as he was the best heavyweight of my generation and there is very little supply. I just got in the mail the two 87 ones and they are cards. They look good which I was pleased to see. He probably did the second chance offer becuase he was stunned I paid so much. I am not worried about it. The person who should be worried are the morons bidding up the two Strasburg cards.

This was when I came to the boards. I was searching for more info on the 86 Panini Mike Tyson. I never came to hype these cards.

I did not even start the first thread on Wrestling Cards.
  • Options

eagles33

Monday July 05, 2010 11:32 PM

i know there was a thread about a hogan rookie and someone was talking about buying up a bunch of the 82 and 83 cards because he thought they were undervalued. well it looks like he doesnt have to wait much longer. it looks like this psa 10 flair is going to sell for big money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290451327749&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Disclaimer... i'm not the seller and have no clue who the seller is.

This is what started it all, not me. They have just gone nuts since I started posting. Very simple.
  • Options

<< <i>Trust me I am beyond thrilled they are going up but have no interest in selling any. I have 7 Hogan's, 12 Andre's, 9 Flair]s, 15 Ventura and a total of 965 cards from all three sets. >>

Good for you. Hold on to them until the bottom falls out after the 3 or 4 other collectors all have one of each.
  • Options
    As I said from my first post. I am not selling any.

Of course it is fun to watch an Andre card at $99 when I bought them as low as $8.50

• Options

<< <i>As I said from my first post. I am not selling any.

Of course it is fun to watch an Andre card at $99 when I bought them as low as $8.50 >>

And this time next year it will be selling for $8.50
  • Options
    Peck

Please make sure that you have exactly 965 cards from this set. I need to be sure before I go to sleep tonight.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    Well I tend to disagree

I believe in markets and once a new price level is created it tends to hold. I think these will trade above $50 or perhaps more. Short term markets can extend becuase of emotion but longer term there is no real supply so prices will not collapse. They can pull back for certain.

The Hogan is not coming down either. The train has left the station. I think that is a card that will see much higher levels.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    I count every one.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I tend to disagree

I believe in markets and once a new price level is created it tends to hold. >>

What about the Strasburg Superfractor?

• Options

<< <i>I just purchased a pair of Andre the Giant's event used tights. I paid $800 for these which might seem high to some of you, but if in fact they are really his I got a great deal on them. They are size 84 and have a rancid odor to them which leads me to believe they are really his and have never been washed. I plan on sending these in to PSA/DNA so they can test the DNA from the tights to make sure they were really worn by Andre the Giant.

If they pass PSA/DNA I should be able to get at least 4 times my money on them. Wish me luck. >>

Waverlee, how in the world did you get a pair of Andre's tights? I would think wrestlers would treat these like underwear. Once they're done, they're going in the trash. Can't imagine how a collector would ever find a pair for sale anywhere...

• Options
    It will tank. As I said from the get go on those cards. It is fake low supply. Once other brands come out with 1 of 1 down she goes. When you have a card that trades and there are like kind items it was I am referring to.

There are something like 30,000 1 of 1 cards. That is artificial in nature. There is only one set of these cards and then 2000 copies assuming they all still exist. It does not take that many people to want the card for the price to go up and stay up.
  • Options
    With the low supply of wrestler's tights, I'll bet collectors will do anything to get their hands on those...

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it me, or does it seem crazy that Dpeck has only posted less than 200 times? Seems like a LOT more
  • Options

• Options
    Good one
  • Options

<< <i><< He ended the auction early for a very high bid! Not mine. >>

IF TRUE...then I am now convinced, wrestling collectors are idiots, or it is just a shill. >>

Sez the guy who's got rocks in his head. image
  • Options
    Just sitting here hanging with the wife, drinking a nice vodka drink and watching the auctions.

You guys keep posting so I do.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    what does your old lady think of Ric Flair's ass?
  • Options
    That it is an old A++

• Options
    It's easy to find guys here who have posted pics and are proud of their great wives, their accomplishments, and the things they've worked hard for.

If nothing else, it'd be nice if everyone would stop dis'n Dpeck's beautiful lady.

Besides, I could out douche all you homos put together.

You could all share one of fandango's Pujol cups at the same time. Frig, I use a wheel barrow. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Trust me I am beyond thrilled they are going up but have no interest in selling any. I have 7 Hogan's, 12 Andre's, 9 Flair]s, 15 Ventura and a total of 965 cards from all three sets. >>

Good for you. Hold on to them until the bottom falls out after the 3 or 4 other collectors all have one of each. >>

This.

• Options

<< <i>Peck

Please make sure that you have exactly 965 cards from this set. I need to be sure before I go to sleep tonight. >>

ROFLMAO
  • Options
    Nightcrawler Thank you!

I have to say it, Hogan at $255 with time to go.

This is blowing my mind!

The worst part for who ever buys this card is it is a EX-MT 6 at best.