Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Hulk Hogan

Here is the nicest Hogan I have ever scene. I have been bidding on it but I am afraid someone else wants to pay more for it.

This one is definatley nicer then my PSA 9.

There is also an Andre The Giant which is the highest graded and a great looking BGS 9 Ric Flair up as well.

Check them out

Comments

• Options
    lucasjlucasj Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    dang. 5+ days to go and $760 already with 25 bids. i really enjoy your recent wrestling card threads. i'll never understand your bidding theory but good luck with the Hogan. i remember a few years ago thinking i really should get in on these, not because i really thought they would appreciate, just because i thought they were cool. i think my window has passed on them though. good luck!

luke
    1987 Topps FB - Signed
    1989 Hoops BB - Signed
    Seattle Seahawks & Mariners Key Cards
    Selectively Random Cards That Make Me Happy
  • Options
    i'll be bidding 4500 on the card, feel free to bid me up
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Snipe bidding theory doesn't work with these auctions. When you are dealing with rising prices you have to test out your competition. If you watch all of the Wrestling All Stars auctions they are determined way before the final second ticks. I understand the concept of pretending there is little interest but when the number of bidders has exploded you have to let them know you are serious. I have won many auctions with these cards by showing a strong presence early and a relentless bidding amount. I enjoy looking through my feedback and seeing auctions with only 1 or 2 bidders. Those days are over!!!
  • Options
    An economic theory straight from Wall Street!
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>but when the number of bidders has exploded you have to let them know you are serious >>

On this auction I count 6 bidders. Hardly an explosion in my honest opinion.
  • Options
    1982 WRESTLING ALL STARS #27 RIC FLAIR RC PSA 10

8 different bidders. Also not an explosion of bidders in my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i> I enjoy looking through my feedback and seeing auctions with only 1 or 2 bidders. Those days are over!!! >>

Yeah I hear Gretzky and McNall are all over the wrestling cards these days.

• Options
    come on and outbid me already so I can show you how serious I am about these cards. whatcha gonna do brother, when the waverlee machine outbids you
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>The whole Snipe bidding theory doesn't work with these auctions. When you are dealing with rising prices you have to test out your competition. If you watch all of the Wrestling All Stars auctions they are determined way before the final second ticks. I understand the concept of pretending there is little interest but when the number of bidders has exploded you have to let them know you are serious. I have won many auctions with these cards by showing a strong presence early and a relentless bidding amount. I enjoy looking through my feedback and seeing auctions with only 1 or 2 bidders. Those days are over!!! >>

Just wow! image

After reading that I think I'm retarded.
  • Options
    those days are long gone most auctions have Zero bidders seems like nowadays.
  • Options
    There are only 2000 sets of these printed of the first series with Hogan, Flair and Andre and no one really knows how many still exist. I won severall sets two months ago with two bidders. There have been 8 to 11 bidder recently on the auctions. Simple math tells you that there are a lot more people interested.

A year ago when I first started buying these I won my Hogan PSA 9 with a Jerry Lawler 9 and the rest of the set in great condition for $199 and was the only bidder. That same auction today would turn into a frenzy.

I just sold my Jordan PSA 9 for $1,225 two days ago. You can get on EBAY and find a Jordan in any condition at any time. That is something that very valuable but not very rare. This Hogan I mentioned in the title is the first one to come up in at least six weeks. That is rare.

The only cards I had to have were the Flair, Graham, Rhodes, and Snuka 10's. I have been losing most of the auctions becuase I always have a price I am willing to pay and that is it. Of the auctions going right now the Andre is the most interesting to me. I have 11 of that card and none are even close to as nice.

I have acumulated 883 of these cards from all three sets and plan to keep buying only when I think the price is right or it is a piece I need towards building extremely high quality graded sets.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Not this again!image
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options

<< <i>I just sold my Jordan PSA 9 for $1,225 two days ago. You can get on EBAY and find a Jordan in any condition at any time. >>

That's because Jordan was a professional athlete in a real sport.

BTW, not all those "bidders" are legit buyers image
  • Options
    Wow that was awesome!! Thanks for posting it gave me a great laugh!

• Options
    You may be right you may be wrong. This is such a small niche product you see the same people for the most part all of the time. Just recently as the prices have taken off you have scene more interest. This is how all assets move up in price.

Yes Jordan was the man. I just think his cards are going no where and saw no reason to have that much tied up in the card. I can buy it back anytime was the point and it only becomes a price issue whether it is higher or lower.

I enjoy collecting something and have every major baseball card I want and have no interest in vintage material so this is what I collect. There are cards of the Three Stooges selling for huge money so if an actor's card in this case sells for a lot big deal.

No one can take away from the wrestlers of the 70's and 80's who gave it their all every night for the love of the sport.

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    If I have a perfect PSA 9 1982 Ric Flair, what can I expect to get on ebay in this market?
    Also, if you are interested in this card at current values and wish to bypass ebay, please PM or email me with a legitimate offer.

Thanks,
    greg

gregmo32@aol.com
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I think $300+. I was asked a few days ago and said that number and the BGS 9 for sale on EBAY is at $300.

If you really have one I will buy it for that amount.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I also enjoy the wrestling threads. I've stayed out of the bidding strategy banter and find it pretty annoying how much people care how you bid... But they are correct. Showing someone you are serious about a card only drives up the price. You have no down side by just bidding your max bid 5 seconds before the auction is over.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    My personality is such I just can't really wait until the end. I have no problem losing auctions but it gives me something to track and follow.

I have not been trading stocks because I can't figure out which direction the market wants to go so the card market fills that void.

I have lost a ton of auctions on EBAY but only one time in the last seconds on a wrestling set. I think wrestling collectors tend to be a little more emotional and show their hand early. Who knows.
  • Options
    Maybe the auctions are scripted too.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    82 Wrestling B

Here is a great example of what I am talking about. This set has never sold for this much. This is a great looking set. I put my max bid at $150 and have since been passed by. Watch how this one ends. The guy near the top is a ligit buyer who I sold some Hogan cards too. I think this may go as high as $225 although that is a $105 higher then the so called book value. This should be interesting.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Here is a great example of what I am talking about. This set has never sold for this much. This is a great looking set. I put my max bid at $150 and have since been passed by. Watch how this one ends. The guy near the top is a ligit buyer who I sold some Hogan cards too. I think this may go as high as $225 although that is a $105 higher then the so called book value. This should be interesting.

I think it's the Ricky The Dragon pre-crushed larynx card is what's driving the price up.
  • Options
    I think you are right!!! Word is even can never talk again!!!!

Seriously he did have some serious health complications just recently. He is only 57 years old and I want to see him live. There are a ton of wrestlers that have died very young and he was a guy with the habits outside the ring that he deserves to live for a while. I hope he gets better and is able to continue with his life.
  • Options
    Sold for 189.00
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    He's been released from the hospital, and seems like he is improving according to reports. While his dedication to wanting to work with younger talent is commendable, putting him in the ring for even a scripted assault by a bunch of young, undertrained workers like the NXT rookies was not the smartest of ideas.

<< <i>I think you are right!!! Word is even can never talk again!!!!

Seriously he did have some serious health complications just recently. He is only 57 years old and I want to see him live. There are a ton of wrestlers that have died very young and he was a guy with the habits outside the ring that he deserves to live for a while. I hope he gets better and is able to continue with his life. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yeah I hear Gretzky and McNall are all over the wrestling cards these days. >>

This pretty much expresses my opinion. lol.

No major sport, no care.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Wow someone who makes a legit post! What a concept!
  • Options
    Hogan 1985 Topps BGS 8.5

I listed a few Hogan cards if you care to follow them.
  • Options

<< <i>Hogan 1985 Topps BGS 8.5

I listed a few Hogan cards if you care to follow them. >>

SPAM
  • Options
    Dude you have too much time on your hands. I find it pathetic how serious some of you take these boards. Lighten up a little it is just sports cards!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I find it pathetic how serious some of you take these boards. Lighten up a little it is just sports cards! >>

It's all fun and games til someone gets negged.
  • Options

<< <i>Dude you have too much time on your hands. I find it pathetic how serious some of you take these boards. Lighten up a little it is just sports cards! >>

There is a Buy/Sell/Trade board and that's where your eBay listing should be posted. But since this isn't really a sport not sure where it would be suitable to be posted.
  • Options
    What does that message board lingo mean? I am not up on the message board terms.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's only a matter of time now.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, it's only a matter of time now.

Steve >>

Getting there for sure. image
  • Options
    You guys are too funny!! How at 10 O'clock at night do you feel the need to police a message board.

You think it is so amusing to like old Wrestling Cards so why bother! I don't make fun of the people on this site wasting their money on modern sports cards!

This whole experience has been such a great laugh! You guys need to take a chill pill; plain and simple!
  • Options

<< <i>You guys are too funny!! How at 10 O'clock at night do you feel the need to police a message board.

You think it is so amusing to like old Wrestling Cards so why bother! I don't make fun of the people on this site wasting their money on modern sports cards!

This whole experience has been such a great laugh! You guys need to take a chill pill; plain and simple! >>

Chill pill you say? Nah. I'm fine without one. A drink or three would be good but I have responsibilities so that's out.

And not sure how you know what I might find amusing? I've known of this issue (Wrestling Cards) for some time. Few cards I wouldn't mind owning but always found other things to waste my funds on.
  • Options
    Careful the fumes from the roids are about to cause severe rage
  • Options
    Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    I know this seller as Travis is in our monthly group breaks. Great guy...I'll have to hit him up for a loan after this one ends!
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>I know this seller as Travis is in our monthly group breaks. Great guy...I'll have to hit him up for a loan after this one ends! >>

Great guy he may be...but I hope his replies are sounding are more a lack of internet board or people experience in general, and not a reflection on his character.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Andre The Giant on EBAY

Serious question here and no disrespect meant to anyone.

For those that insist that Snipe bidding is the way to go. How would you play an auction like this. Let me make it clear I am not bidding on this card at this point and won't at this price.

The Andre has never sold on EBAY for more then $28.50 that I have ever seen. The current bid is $51 with basically 9 days to go. The so called book value in NM-MT raw condition by Beckett is $30. This card is extremly rare in high grade and the toughest to find in the set. The card is clearly piggy backing on the graded version that I am bidding on. A few weeks ago I mentioned this card was a great buy and could be purchased from Wrestle Prints. He is out of any without corner damage and raised his price to $79.95 for his few remaining. I bought two for the $20 price.

I have no idea what this card with sell for. Please give me your playbook on how you deal with hot items that are very rare. I still am confused on how it works when your are not dealing with stale items that generally trade in a defined range. When a price is breaking out how would you play this. I am just looking for your honest feedback.

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>Andre The Giant on EBAY

Serious question here and no disrespect meant to anyone.

For those that insist that Snipe bidding is the way to go. How would you play an auction like this. Let me make it clear I am not bidding on this card at this point and won't at this price.

The Andre has never sold on EBAY for more then $28.50 that I have ever seen. The current bid is $51 with basically 9 days to go. The so called book value in NM-MT raw condition by Beckett is $30. This card is extremly rare in high grade and the toughest to find in the set. The card is clearly piggy backing on the graded version that I am bidding on. A few weeks ago I mentioned this card was a great buy and could be purchased from Wrestle Prints. He is out of any without corner damage and raised his price to $79.95 for his few remaining. I bought two for the $20 price.

I have no idea what this card with sell for. Please give me your playbook on how you deal with hot items that are very rare. I still am confused on how it works when your are not dealing with stale items that generally trade in a defined range. When a price is breaking out how would you play this. I am just looking for your honest feedback.

Thanks >>

It does not matter what the card, interest in the card or price, when snipping. If you are willing to pay x amount for card b, it is no advantage to you to show your hand early. The only possibly outcome by bidding early is someone pushing your bid up. The exception to this rule is cards in the $10 and under range. Many times, first bid will win these cards, and a bid may discourage someone else.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Perhaps I did not ask the question right or maybe I simply just don't understand the strategy. If a card has never sold for a certain price it would seem that you don't always know how much you will pay.

In my personal situation I will test the market and see how high others are willing to go. If I push the auction up to a point where our bids are equal then I usually stop and wait and see what happens. It would seem to me at least that you have no advanatage if a card moves way past what you thought it would sell for.

In a case like that I guess you simply walk away and don't bid?
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps I did not ask the question right or maybe I simply just don't understand the strategy. If a card has never sold for a certain price it would seem that you don't always know how much you will pay.

In my personal situation I will test the market and see how high others are willing to go. If I push the auction up to a point where our bids are equal then I usually stop and wait and see what happens. It would seem to me at least that you have no advanatage if a card moves way past what you thought it would sell for.

In a case like that I guess you simply walk away and don't bid? >>

No, I set a snipe day one and walked away.

Some cards you do not know what will go for. That doesn't really matter, what matters is what you are willing to pay.

I would give $100, maybe a little more for the Hogan RC shown in your first posting. The market is obviously more then that, which means I will likely not own one. What you think the card is worth does not matter to me and I fail to see why it should. (Unless it is for resale of course).

I have a lot of meteorites in the four to five digit range...they likely would not be worth that to you. I don't see how that matters either.

If what you are willing to pay...changes every ten minutes and depends on others, I am not sure what to tell you. I know I would not want to be your business partner.
  • Options
    Interesting addition to the description by seller.

On Aug-02-10 at 07:48:45 PDT, seller added the following information: to all bidders and viewers, ebay has contacted me in regards to the mj/mickey comparrison i used whitch they stats is not ok to do , so anyone who those words have offended in the desception is my error so disregard that, GOOD LUCK ON THE HOLY GRAIL OF WRSTLING CARDS AS U MAY NEVER SEE A NICER EXAMPLE SURFACE SUCH AS THIS ONE!! Please immediately remove all references to other cards, i.e., Jordon, Mantle, etc., from your listing. You cannot include a brand name or the name of an individual in your listing unless that is what you are selling or unless the item is officially endorsed by that individual. Nor can you state that the item is "inspired" by or "like" that brand or individual

So obviously eBay feels this seller is keyword spamming but unlike the many other sellers that pull this and eBay removes their listings for some reason this sellers listing can continue?
  • Options
    eBay complains about spamming, so he adds more to his spam. Not a seller I want to play with.
  • Options

<< <i>What does that message board lingo mean? I am not up on the message board terms. >>

Here's one for you -

DBOTW
  • Options
    You think I am the seller? No, not even close, I am a buyer of that card. You can find me on EBAY as Dpeck100 with 188 feedback. The link I posted is my auction not the seller of the 82 Wrestling All Stars A. Look at the bids and see if anything sticks out.
  • Options
    Your answer makes since. My only question is what if you were dealing with a set of cards that only had two thousand printed? With most sports cards there is always another auction. With these cards that is still the case to a point.

Will there be other high grade examplse hit the market, sure. The problem is there are so few sets in circulation in high grade that the reason the population reports are so low is there are so few worth submitting.

The reason they are heavily tilted to the high grades is that when you have a real nice one you kinow it!!!!

I suspect over time a few more really great sets will emerge but the buyer is so hungry to own one of these cards that the prices are not done going up.