Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• This is a card from my favorite Wrestling card set, 1991 Championship Marketing.

• << <i>You guys are funny. As I've stated here before, I'm not selling any of my wrestling cards. I have no motivation to profit from the recent rise in prices. But I've seen this bull market coming for years, if not decades. In fact, just last year I bought 2 Hogans from wrestleguy on Ebay for only 75c each. Those 2 brought my total Hogan count to 14, not to mention the other 11 that I have too. And then last week, I sold one of them for $450 and it had a crease in it. Thats just how bull markets work. I've tried to explain this to you guys before. This stuff is so hard to find in high grade. Just last month I sold 3 and half of my Jordan RC's because they have no where to go but down. I reinvested that cash into some Tully Blanchard. I bid $80 the first day on the high grade Tully and fortunately I wound up winning the auction for only $80. If I were to have tried to snipe bid for $80, chances are I would have paid like $200. Plus, I get to see what everybody else's bids were so I know my downside now. Thats just how markets work. >>

Oh, that's well done. VERY well done.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sung to the tune of the Jackson Five's "I want you back"

When we had you to ourselves
    We didn't want you around
    That pretty Porsche always made you stand out in a crowd
    And then you showed us your twin bro
    one glance was all it took
    But now it's much too late for us
    To take a second look

Oh DPeck give us one more chance
    to show you how to snipe cards
    Won't you please let us
    back in the ring
    Oh DPeck we were blind to let you go
    (let you go DPeck)
    But now since have left us
    (We want you back)
    Yes we do now
    (I want you back)
    Ooh ooh DPeck
    (We want you back)
    Ya ya ya ya
    (We want you back)
    Na na na na

Trying to live without your Hogan
    Is one long sleepless night
    Let us show you Dpeck
    That we know wrong from right
    Every day that you dont post here
    I leave tear stains on the ground
    We really miss the guy
    We didn't even want around

Let me tell you now

To show you that we miss you
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>Sung to the tune of the Jackson Five's "I want you back"

When we had you to ourselves
    We didn't want you around
    That pretty Porsche always made you stand out in a crowd
    And then you showed us your twin bro
    one glance was all it took
    But now it's much too late for us
    To take a second look

to show you how to snipe cards
    Won't you please let us
    back in the ring
    Oh DPeck we were blind to let you go
    (let you go DPeck)
    But now since have left us
    (We want you back)
    Yes we do now
    (I want you back)
    Ooh ooh DPeck
    (We want you back)
    Ya ya ya ya
    (We want you back)
    Na na na na

Trying to live without your Hogan
    Is one long sleepless night
    Let us show you Dpeck
    That we know wrong from right
    Every day that you dont post here
    I leave tear stains on the ground
    We really miss the guy
    We didn't even want around

Let me tell you now

To show you that we miss you >>

I knew you were upset, but no need to go overboard. He'll be back, I promise.

If you need more Ric Flair, this should do you. There are like 5 of them if you enjoy the first.

WOOOOOOOOOO...
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Who wants the latest RARE offering?

1983 WRESTLING ALL STARS Series A COMPLETE SET 36 RARE!

1983 WRESTLING ALL STARS Series A COMPLETE SET 1-36 RARE! All cards appear to be slightly trimmed on the bottom, however there are no creases in any of the cards and they present very well! This set is becoming incredibly hard to find in any condition!

Looks to be a wee bit more then slightly by the looks of some of those cards.

• mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    almost to 1000
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If he's really not coming back, can someone here continue making boastful, ridiculous, grammatically incorrect statements on his behalf? >>

Dudes, you guys are so lame! With your Beanie Babies and your ugly wives! And the fat guy with the Ripken avatar, you are pathetic. I'm going to make a personal appointment to give each one of you imbeciles a giant smack!!! Wrestling is awesome, guitar playing is awesome, my car and my wife are awesome and you guys all wish you could be cool like me!

• CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    DPeck

I am not sure if you are still posting on this thread, if so I have a finance question.

In my 401k, I am able to move assets between different funds within my 401k. The two funds that I have been bouncing between are 1, "stable fund' it has a 1% static return and 2, a "Dow equivalantcy fund' which mirrors the Dow Jones Avg.

I have been doing very well so far. I will move all assets into the Dow fund when the market gets around 9500-9600. I have been bailing on the Dow fund when the market goes over 10,500 and move all assets back in to the 'Stable fund". And repeat.

So far this has yielded a very nice return in this volitile market but I am getting weary. I am not sure if the market will stop on the current retreat at the 9500 mark. Do you see a lower bottom?

I am a little scared to rebuy this time at 9500. What say you?

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

• << <i>DPeck

I am not sure if you are still posting on this thread, if so I have a finance question.

In my 401k, I am able to move assets between different funds within my 401k. The two funds that I have been bouncing between are 1, "stable fund' it has a 1% static return and 2, a "Dow equivalantcy fund' which mirrors the Dow Jones Avg.

I have been doing very well so far. I will move all assets into the Dow fund when the market gets around 9500-9600. I have been bailing on the Dow fund when the market goes over 10,500 and move all assets back in to the 'Stable fund". And repeat.

So far this has yielded a very nice return in this volitile market but I am getting weary. I am not sure if the market will stop on the current retreat at the 9500 mark. Do you see a lower bottom?

I am a little scared to rebuy this time at 9500. What say you? >>

Pull all your money out NOW and buy wrestling cards
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good for you.
    I would, but I would have to wait until I am 59 and a half tears old to do so without early withdrawl penalties. Not to mention the pre-tax considerations.

Just read that tommorow Bernanke is going to revise Q2 GDP from 2.4 to 1.3!

DPeck, no need to answer my question, that just made up my mind. I'm looking for a 8500 floor.
  • Only 37 away!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I listed a copy of this picture on ebay... it was purchased using Buy It Now for $100... by me!

Then I re-listed it... and it was purchased within minutes using Buy It Now for $200... by, you guessed it... ME!

I'm cornering the market, and the price is skyrocketing! Your stupid Jordan rookies are going NOWHERE! You better get these things while they're hot, or you'll never own one!
    >>

Next time you list one, I plan on placing a $400 bid on it. I just want to see your other bids and what kind of competition you can give me for the item.
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Ba
    Ba
    Booey
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just announced whoever gets post #1000 here wins a lifetime free membership to the CU Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum.
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>They just announced whoever gets post #1000 here wins a lifetime free membership to the CU Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum. >>

Should we hold this at 999 until one of the Peck brothers signin for 1000?e of the Peck brothr
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I miss him "alreedy."

We should nominate a weekly person to be Dpeck.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice pic of Cal Ripken and Jim Thome shaking hands.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a nice pic of Cal Ripken and Jim Thome shaking hands. >>

Maybe Jim Thome after an allergic reaction to bee stings... image

<< <i>Who wants the latest RARE offering?

1983 WRESTLING ALL STARS Series A COMPLETE SET 36 RARE!

1983 WRESTLING ALL STARS Series A COMPLETE SET 1-36 RARE! All cards appear to be slightly trimmed on the bottom, however there are no creases in any of the cards and they present very well! This set is becoming incredibly hard to find in any condition!

Looks to be a wee bit more then slightly by the looks of some of those cards. >>

Sold for $40.00
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I heard those 1990 living legend Hogans are real nice...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Poor dpeck. So misunderstood and everyone piled on him for no reason.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

• << <i>Poor dpeck. So misunderstood and everyone piled on him for no reason.

image >>

Last page guys, let's get er done, for Dpeck. image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good for you.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    everybody, pack in the pile
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Whatever happen to dpeck? He seemed like such a likeable character. image
  • 985 woooo image
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is worthless without DPeck.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Everybody's got a price...for thread of the year.

Seriously, I do hope dpeck comes back - C'MON MAN, DON"T TAP OUT!!!
    I saw Hogan twice in the 80s while Hogan was WWF Champion. Both matches I saw at the Philly Spectrum against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Both matches were very entertaining.

• << <i>I saw Hogan twice in the 80s while Hogan was WWF Champion. Both matches I saw at the Philly Spectrum against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Both matches were very entertaining. >>

Spectrum, lol, have not heard that in ages.

<< <i>This thread is worthless without DPeck. >>

He's currently online.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will help you get it to 1000.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND THE CROWD GOES WILD.
  • LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • pad