Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan on EBAY

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is not the Cinnamon Life working for you, it is the 12 cheeseburgers you had the night before. >>

Part of any nutritious dinner! image

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I prefer a large bowl of Cinnamon Life in the morning. It never fails, about an hour later I'm ready for my healthy morning dump! image >>

A pot of coffee will clean out your system lickity split!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>I prefer a large bowl of Cinnamon Life in the morning. It never fails, about an hour later I'm ready for my healthy morning dump! >>

Colburn, To Much Information! Your killing me here!

• Options
    DPeck, Did you make it to Charlotte a couple weeks ago for the NWA Fan Fest? It was the same weekend that the National was going on. When I got off my plane Sunday afternoon back in Charlotte, Virgil and The Rock's Dad (Rocky Johnson) were siting at the gate I was deplaning from. Went up to both and said hello, Both were very gracious.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

I have a headache.
  • Options
  • Options
    907 Pad Post
  • Options
    Post Pad 908
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course, that same friend still pulls his pants down to his ankles when he pees... in public restrooms... he's 38. >>

quite possibly the funniest thing i've ever read here
  • Options
    You think it's funny to read about? Imagine my surprise when a bunch of us are on a road trip with him, and we stop to take a leak at a McDonalds! As soon as his Cleveland Browns sweatpants hit the ground, I couldn't pee fast enough! lol
  • Options
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>If Dpecker doesn't post in this thread again I will make you all VERY sorry. >>

I like having fun rippin on guys now and then. But our behavier in this case is beyond the pale. I think Dpeck is a collector that should be givin a break from this garbage. He likes cards and he's a collector. In my opinion that's all a guy should need to become a respected member here. Everything he's shown or told us about has been in self defense.

I personally have no need to be jealous of anything he has, and I have nothing at all against him in any way. He's proven one thing for sure, he's not a baby. And also, for fear of Nick's wrath, I would rather not drive Dpeck away.

So I'm apologizing to Dpeck here and now for my part in this fiasco. Sorry Dpeck.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Trent

You left out:

Now go home at get your shine box.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I still like (Honey) Smacks.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Trent

You left out:

Now go home at get your shine box.

Steve >>

Tryin to forget the last time I said that... image

• Options

<< <i>image >>

Wow...that is a train wreck. Looks like it tried to figure 8 on straight tracks.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    RIP Billy Batts
  • Options
    "RIP Billy Batts"

No, no, no, no, no. You insulted him a little bit. You got a little bit out of order yourself!!!

• Options
    Gotta pick up a shovel at my mudders house.....

Mom it's a sin, you know, can't leave the ahhhh what they call it? The foot?

The paw? The Hoof.....

Good for you.
  • Options
    Hey, what do you like....the leg or the wing?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I don't think it's safe for that dude to be under the green train.

Darwin's Law?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Looks like someone we know.....

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all of you happy now? I hate you all for this.
  • Options
    He'll be back, he is just out on the town with his brother, the top guitar player in the world.

Spending all that Hogan loot.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Spending all that Hogan loot. >>

A full and his money
  • Options
    The push for 1000.
  • Options

<< <i>Fullin' >>

That chick is a good singer!
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fullin' >>

Hey, the drummer's arm grew back!!!
  • Options

<< <i>The set is in excellent condition minus the Hulk Hogan card witch has an imperfection on the lower right corner. >>

Seller must have went to the same school as David.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone beat him to this 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A Complete 36 Card Set!. >>

What the he*l happened to my evening soap opera? If this thread dies, I'm gonna be PO'd.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Missed this as well. WRESTLING ALL STAR Trading Card Sets WWF NWA AWA This buy-it-now lasted a whole 14 minutes.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    If he's really not coming back, can someone here continue making boastful, ridiculous, grammatically incorrect statements on his behalf?
  • Options

<< <i>If he's really not coming back, can someone here continue making boastful, ridiculous, grammatically incorrect statements on his behalf? >>

I'm could take Jeff. image
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Some investment-minded collector should pick these up. They were released in limited quantities and are primed to explode.
    wrestling cards
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    You guys are funny. As I've stated here before, I'm not selling any of my wrestling cards. I have no motivation to profit from the recent rise in prices. But I've seen this bull market coming for years, if not decades. In fact, just last year I bought 2 Hogans from wrestleguy on Ebay for only 75c each. Those 2 brought my total Hogan count to 14, not to mention the other 11 that I have too. And then last week, I sold one of them for $450 and it had a crease in it. Thats just how bull markets work. I've tried to explain this to you guys before. This stuff is so hard to find in high grade. Just last month I sold 3 and half of my Jordan RC's because they have no where to go but down. I reinvested that cash into some Tully Blanchard. I bid $80 the first day on the high grade Tully and fortunately I wound up winning the auction for only $80. If I were to have tried to snipe bid for $80, chances are I would have paid like $200. Plus, I get to see what everybody else's bids were so I know my downside now. Thats just how markets work.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>You guys are funny. As I've stated here before, I'm not selling any of my wrestling cards. I have no motivation to profit from the recent rise in prices. But I've seen this bull market coming for years, if not decades. In fact, just last year I bought 2 Hogans from wrestleguy on Ebay for only 75c each. Those 2 brought my total Hogan count to 14, not to mention the other 11 that I have too. And then last week, I sold one of them for $450 and it had a crease in it. Thats just how bull markets work. I've tried to explain this to you guys before. This stuff is so hard to find in high grade. Just last month I sold 3 and half of my Jordan RC's because they have no where to go but down. I reinvested that cash into some Tully Blanchard. I bid $80 the first day on the high grade Tully and fortunately I wound up winning the auction for only $80. If I were to have tried to snipe bid for $80, chances are I would have paid like $200. Plus, I get to see what everybody else's bids were so I know my downside now. Thats just how markets work. >>

I'm not falling for that one again. Good effort though.
  • Options
    Not going to fall for it either, the spelling was correct and I could understand what you were saying.

Nice try though

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Not going to fall for it either >>

Ya, we're not going to fall for a banana in the tailpipe.
  • Options
    Oh I don't know, I think mac did a great job.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are funny. As I've stated here before, I'm not selling any of my wrestling cards. I have no motivation to profit from the recent rise in prices. But I've seen this bull market coming for years, if not decades. In fact, just last year I bought 2 Hogans from wrestleguy on Ebay for only 75c each. Those 2 brought my total Hogan count to 14, not to mention the other 11 that I have too. And then last week, I sold one of them for $450 and it had a crease in it. Thats just how bull markets work. I've tried to explain this to you guys before. This stuff is so hard to find in high grade. Just last month I sold 3 and half of my Jordan RC's because they have no where to go but down. I reinvested that cash into some Tully Blanchard. I bid $80 the first day on the high grade Tully and fortunately I wound up winning the auction for only $80. If I were to have tried to snipe bid for $80, chances are I would have paid like $200. Plus, I get to see what everybody else's bids were so I know my downside now. Thats just how markets work. >>

I'm not gonna buy any, I have no interest in it as i didn't watch much professional wrestling on TV, and never attended an event and likely never will, but many young people did back in the 80's and thereabouts, and the bottom line is that we should learn from the value of vintage baseball cards and other collectibles, that as we get older, we yearn for things in new condition we had as kids...just a question of what and how much we are willing to pay...and the things that sometimes seem to be the most valuable are the things we thought as kids would never have any value. The things we thought would be valuable as kids, often never panned out - just ask anyone who hoarded 80's baseball cards, or say was a postage stamp collector in the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc...you see many of those vintage mint postage stamps trying to be sold on ebay for slightly over face value.

I agree the wrestling cards are/were a smart buy for the listed reasons.
  • Options
    +1

also a good thread for a cheat post.
  • Options
    +2

WTF - why not 2? LOL
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭