Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Phillies official 2010 season thread

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball is boring...bring on football!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one little game out...we could be in first place by the end of the weekend. image
  • Options
    I see the Phillies managed to scratch out a single hit tonight vs a journeyman knuckleball pitcher..boy those Phillies sure are fearsome! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I see the Phillies managed to scratch out a single hit tonight vs a journeyman knuckleball pitcher..boy those Phillies sure are fearsome! LOL! >>

Yes it is true, the Mets are the tallest midgets.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Too bad all the games against the Sillies are not played at Citi Field.

Hey SteveK no play by play when your Sillies are getting beat?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Too bad all the games against the Sillies are not played at Citi Field.

Hey SteveK no play by play when your Sillies are getting beat?

Steve >>

I knew this post by WinPitcher would bring out a nice Phillies win tonight. LOL

...and the Braves lost as well.

Thanks WinPitcher! image
  • Options
    I figured a Sillies win would make you post.

A month ago you were about to throw in the towel.

You remind me of some Red Sox fan.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I figured a Sillies win would make you post.

A month ago you were about to throw in the towel.

You remind me of some Red Sox fan.

Steve >>

Your perception of "about to throw in the towel" is ignorant - Philly fans never quit unless our teams are mathematically eliminated.

• Options
    WinPitcher - Thanks again for that post - The Phillies win again...we couldn't have done it without ya. image
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Nice to know WinPitcher hasn't changed in the weeks I haven't posted.... facepalm...
  • Options

<< <i>Nice to know WinPitcher hasn't changed in the weeks I haven't posted.... facepalm... >>

WinPitcher probably still hiding under the bed this morning. He's probably secretly looking at the Phillies Fan Club website and thinking about joining.
  • Options
    Phillies hanging in there or hanging...I can't figure out which.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Phillies hanging in there or hanging...I can't figure out which. >>

When was the last time the Phillies got swept in a 4 game series at home? image
  • Options
    Nah SteveK you did not basically give up when you said:

<< <i>Have to start facing the facts, the Phillies this season are losing games they would have won the past few seasons...the adrenaline needed to do what it takes to win certain types of ballgames just doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps the hunger to win is gone. I hope not. Oh well, can't be in the World Series every season I guess. >>

And in the next one when you put this thread on sale....

Hyperion,

Blocked, and a kick to the face.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Nah SteveK you did not basically give up when you said:

<< <i>Have to start facing the facts, the Phillies this season are losing games they would have won the past few seasons...the adrenaline needed to do what it takes to win certain types of ballgames just doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps the hunger to win is gone. I hope not. Oh well, can't be in the World Series every season I guess. >>

And in the next one when you put this thread on sale....

Hyperion,

Blocked, and a kick to the face.

Steve >>

Didn't I say "I hope not" - that's not giving up is it? image

BTW...the thread is no longer for sale.
  • Options
    Is Kevin Kolb the answer?

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    If I was a Phillies fan I would be very happy with what Blanton has done the past two games.

Very happy.

Walt

PS Who is Kevin Kolb?
  • Options
    I feel I have been mislead. I was told philly would catch us in a week and their offense would be unstoppable with the return or howard and utley. Liars.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The Philadelphia Phillies will win the WS the next two years. It's a mortal lock!!!
  • Options

<< <i>The Philadelphia Phillies will win the WS the next two years. It's a mortal lock!!! >>

I'd wish your Cowboys "good luck" in the upcoming season, but you'd know I wouldn't mean it. image
  • Options
  • Options

Is that the O/U for Yucaneer wins this season? image

• Options
    A fitting end to another glorious Pets season -

Omar Minaya Flies Coach - Gets Heckled

• Options

<< <i>1

Is that the O/U for Yucaneer wins this season? image >>

I thought the Sucs moved to the UFL?
  • Options
    stevek, If you're not a member of cardboardtalk.com, I'd love to have you there. You're welcome to join if you care too.

http://www.cardboardtalk.com/index.php
  • Options

<< <i>stevek, If you're not a member of cardboardtalk.com, I'd love to have you there. You're welcome to join if you care too.

http://www.cardboardtalk.com/index.php >>

Thanks Matt - I signed up as phillysteve.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>stevek, If you're not a member of cardboardtalk.com, I'd love to have you there. You're welcome to join if you care too.

http://www.cardboardtalk.com/index.php >>

Thanks Matt - I signed up as phillysteve. >>

Okay great!
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    Stevek- I'm starting to think that your Phillies don't actually want to win the NL East. Every time we give you that window, you pi** away the opportunity. I will be at the Ted for 2 of the last 3 so I hope the division isn't already decided by then. Should be a GREAT series in Atlanta.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>Stevek- I'm starting to think that your Phillies don't actually want to win the NL East. Every time we give you that window, you pi** away the opportunity. I will be at the Ted for 2 of the last 3 so I hope the division isn't already decided by then. Should be a GREAT series in Atlanta.

-Michael >>

Well, the Phillies want to win, they are a winning team and the past two seasons is ample proof of that...but are they doing and will they do the "extra" that it takes to win a championship?...not easy after much success, and complacency could set in, as it eventually does with all teams in this era of super rich athletes.

But the fact is there isn't any dominant team in the NL this season and it's still wide open for a number of teams...I'm sure even the Rockies hope they catch fire like they did a few seasons back late in that season. All that being said...my strong gut feeling is that the Phils and the Braves will both get into the playoffs...and so of course winning the NL East wouldn't really matter.
  • Options

Phils could use home field.

Both they and the Braves are nearly unbeatable at home and the Braves are less than .500 away.

Don't know about the Braves at C-Bank. Could look it up I guess.
  • Options

Phils are 3-3 at home against the Braves this year.

2-4 in Atlanta.

If these teams play each other in the post season it may be one of the better series in years.
  • Options
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    That's definitely lookin' a lot better. image

Philadelphia Phillies 80 60 .571 -- 44-27 36-33 27-23 21-19 22-10 Won 2 7-3
    Atlanta Braves 79 60 .568 0.5 49-19 30-41 29-25 22-14 19-15 Lost 3 5-5
    Florida Marlins 70 68 .507 9.0 35-33 35-35 32-28 15-13 16-19 Lost 2 5-5
    New York Mets 68 71 .489 11.5 39-25 29-46 25-32 16-16 14-18 Won 1 4-6
    Washington Nationals 60 79 .432 19.5 35-32 25-47 24-29 16-19 15-18 Lost 1 6-4
  • Options
    The ol' saying is that the cream eventually rises to the top.
  • Options
    Oh I almost forgot...

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies.
  • Options
    For a guy who's not a Phillies fan, this member "walt" sure seems to post a lot on this thread...image

• Options
    Gotta tip my cap to the Phillies.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Phils could use home field.

Both they and the Braves are nearly unbeatable at home and the Braves are less than .500 away.

Don't know about the Braves at C-Bank. Could look it up I guess. >>

That's a good point but I dunno...I didn't Google it but it seems like over the past decade or so, home field advantage in MLB playoffs doesn't mean all that much. As long as the Phillies get in the playoffs and have a shot, I'll be happy...that is as long as they don't lose. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Gotta tip my cap to the Phillies.

Steve >>

Thanks Steve...but as Tim sometimes advises, i ain't counting my chickens quite yet...but it is looking good for the playoffs.
  • Options
    Maybe I can get him to start a "Phillies will win World Series thread'?

Worked once before.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe I can get him to start a "Phillies will win World Series thread'?

Worked once before.

lol

Steve >>

If he does then I'll start a "Jets are a mortal lock to win the Super Bowl" thread. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Gotta tip my cap to the Phillies.

Steve >>

That's not what you said in the PMs.

I'll post 'em. I swear I will.

Because I'm a ninja.

Go Phils!

• Options
    enjoy it while it lasts. The thing is, we both know that it will come down to the remaining 6 head to head games. its gonna be fun. unless we lose, then it will suck.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Maybe I can get him to start a "Phillies will win World Series thread'?

Worked once before.

lol

Steve >>

If he does then I'll start a "Jets are a mortal lock to win the Super Bowl" thread. LOL

Truth be told, I am a Phillies fan of late, as I am in my fantasy baseball league's semifinal playoff round and have Hamels and Lidge...Hamels put me closer to earning some big bucks tonight with a brilliant effort and I just hope Lidge has recovered from his minor strain and is ready to resume as closer by tmmrw night. Go Phils! LOL!!

Edit: Ruiz is also my starting Catcher, LOL..

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Grote,

I knew you would come around.

I read this thread from time to time and always wondered when good guys like grote and winpitcher would finally see the light and join the side of the good guys!imageimage

It warms my heart to see so many join the wonderful and kind group known as the Phillies Phans!

Welcome all.

aconte
  • Options
    Easy Tony, I'm not, nor will I ever be a phan.

I will though, tip my cap to a team when it is warranted.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

heehee.....

aconte
  • Options
    On the Phillies Phan website I did happen to notice that the two of the newest members are a WinPitcher and a Grote15 - probably just a coincidence.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    +1

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...