Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Phillies official 2010 season thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another tuffy going tonight - I may need more nitroglycerin pills for this series.
  • Options
    Pitcher gets a lead off hit - Come on Phils...big inning now.........
  • Options
    atta boy - 2 run cushion...let's get some more..............................
  • Options
    JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    More More More
  • Options
    oh well.....nice 5 run lead...that should do it for this ballgame.

Must win and the Phillies got it, like good champions do.

Onward west to San Francisco.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Giants did what they had to do.
  • Options

<< <i>The Giants did what they had to do. >>

Yes, perhaps in their view they were happy to get out of Philly 1 - 1 when the series began, but not good after them winning the first game. I've seen this time and time again over the years where the series dog wins the opening game away, then loses the second game and then loses the series almost every time. Believe it or not considering that...the second game was a must win for the Giants as well, and they didn't get it. I'm not sure what the reason is, but it could be an opening home loss for the favorite sorta "wakes them up" and then they either respond with a win in the second game or they don't...when they do, the series is usually over, and this series may now be over, yes, even after only the second game.

At this point, I'm expecting the Phillies to take 2 outa 3 in San Francisco and wrap it up at home in the 6th game.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yes, perhaps in their view they were happy to get out of Philly 1 - 1 when the series began, but not good after them winning the first game. I've seen this time and time again over the years where the series dog wins the opening game away, then loses the second game and then loses the series almost every time. Believe it or not considering that...the second game was a must win for the Giants as well, and they didn't get it. I'm not sure what the reason is, but it could be an opening home loss for the favorite sorta "wakes them up" and then they either respond with a win in the second game or they don't...when they do, the series is usually over, and this series may now be over, yes, even after only the second game.

At this point, I'm expecting the Phillies to take 2 outa 3 in San Francisco and wrap it up at home in the 6th game. >>

I fully expect Philly to win this series, but if you are telling me that the game was bigger for the Giants than the Phils you are crazy. Philly is the better team all around. I would not want to go to San Fran down 0-2 after the Giants just beat our two best pitchers and our home field.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

At this point, I'm expecting the Phillies to take 2 outa 3 in San Francisco and wrap it up at home in the 6th game. >>

I fully expect Philly to win this series, but if you are telling me that the game was bigger for the Giants than the Phils you are crazy. Philly is the better team all around. I would not want to go to San Fran down 0-2 after the Giants just beat our two best pitchers and our home field. >>

Let's analyze it as I implied it...the Giants now have to beat the Phillies 3 outa 5 games - I do not think they are capable of doing that. If the Phillies would have lost, they would have had to beat the Giants 4 outa 5 games. In my opinion, in a championship series such as this, the Phillies are more capable of beating the Giants 4 outa 5 games, than the Giants are capable of beating the Phillies 3 outa 5 games.
  • Options
    I just told the boss I was having severe chest pains, 110 fever, trouble breathing, and other assorted problems and needed to go home and get some bed rest. It's just a coincidence that the Phillies are on at 4:00pm...that has nothing to do with it I told him.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I just told the boss I was having severe chest pains, 110 fever, trouble breathing, and other assorted problems and needed to go home and get some bed rest. It's just a coincidence that the Phillies are on at 4:00pm...that has nothing to do with it I told him. >>

My boss is a Giants fan, so that wouldn't work for me. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    << just told the boss I was having severe chest pains, 110 fever, trouble breathing, and other assorted problems and needed to go home and get some bed rest. It's just a coincidence that the Phillies are on at 4:00pm...that has nothing to do with it I told him. >>

How do you feel now?

Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i><< just told the boss I was having severe chest pains, 110 fever, trouble breathing, and other assorted problems and needed to go home and get some bed rest. It's just a coincidence that the Phillies are on at 4:00pm...that has nothing to do with it I told him. >>

How do you feel now? >>

Not as bad as a Mets fan.
  • Options
    gotta rebound - Phillies seem to play better this season when their backs are up against a wall - we'll see.

I still believe we can take 3 outa 4 from the Giants, even possibly 3 outa 3...and If not, then it's "wait 'till next year".
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><< just told the boss I was having severe chest pains, 110 fever, trouble breathing, and other assorted problems and needed to go home and get some bed rest. It's just a coincidence that the Phillies are on at 4:00pm...that has nothing to do with it I told him. >>

How do you feel now? >>

Not as bad as a Mets fan. >>

Heh.

As happens often the Phils bats go silent at just the wrong time. The pitching isn't the problem now. You can't ask for much more from Halladay and Hamels in Games 1 and 3.

Blanton scares me. The pen should be warming up in the first inning for this game.
  • Options
    oh brother
  • Options
    The Giants have really stepped it up in the NLDS so far.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Charlie used Roy as a relief pitcher.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    All hands on deck
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe Charlie used Roy as a relief pitcher. >>

Charlie blamed Dubee after the game.

If Lincecum looses tonight, Bochy might blame the doobie as well. image

• Options

<< <i>If Lincecum looses tonight, Bochy might blame the doobie as well. >>

Looks like the whole infield got into Tim's stash before tonights game. image

• Options
    Coming back home to Philly - We'll see what happens...the Phillies bats really need to wakeup.
  • Options

The Phils really needed to get our of SF. Not much luck for them there if they can't produce runs. 1-3 at that field this year during the regular season I think. Just no mojo.

Hopefully the comforts of home will keep them in the running.

Werth, Victorino, Chooch, and Polanco have to carry the bats. Rollins, Howard and Utley cannot be counted on. They are still not 100% from their earlier injuries and do not have the bat speed.
  • Options

<< <i> Rollins, Howard and Utley cannot be counted on. They are still not 100% from their earlier injuries and do not have the bat speed. >>

What an apologist for Howard! LOL! The dude had a very minor injury and was out for 19 days....in the beginning of August!! He had a .954 OPS from Sep 7 to the end of the year. Looked healthy enough there my friend.

If you want to apologize for him not having an RBI in the post season, and being a strikeout machine, go right ahead...he is going to need a lot of apologists two or three years down the road!

I will say it now. I don't want to hear any injury reasons for when this guy falls off the table fast...as that is part of the reason why all guys fall off the table.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>The Phils really needed to get our of SF. Not much luck for them there if they can't produce runs. 1-3 at that field this year during the regular season I think. Just no mojo.

Hopefully the comforts of home will keep them in the running.

Werth, Victorino, Chooch, and Polanco have to carry the bats. Rollins, Howard and Utley cannot be counted on. They are still not 100% from their earlier injuries and do not have the bat speed. >>

Philly fans need to be verbally ferocious out there, I mean wakeup the dead from the cheering if ya have to...get the adrenaline going for these players...that should do it - the Phillies are a better team than the Giants...unfortunately possibly in this case the better team doesn't always win...but we can win 2 games at home, and we need to do it, I mean we haven't had a championship in two years and I want another one - we have to DEMAND it from the players. image
  • Options
    Well the old saying is “nothing good lasts forever” and the Phillies sure had a dam good run and I’m proud of them. And the good run is not over…they’ve got an excellent team and a great front office, and I have no doubt the Phillies will compete for a possible championship most every season for the foreseeable future…and considering the past history of Philadelphia’s perennial losing sports teams, I’ll definitely take that.

But to this thread…I say farewell and adieu.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nothing to be ashamed about, the core of that team has won the division 4 times, lost in the NLCS 1x

won the NL Pennant 2x and a World Championship 1x. in 4 years.

Not too shabby.

Congrats on another fine season Philadelphia.

Your mint still sucks.

Steve
    Good for you.