Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Phillies official 2010 season thread

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For circulation? When was the last time you received any 09's and 10's coinage in change?

A cent here and there......maybe.

Go to a bank and ask for some and let me know how that works out.

Steve >>

Just like modern cards, I don't follow the nuances of modern coins - just like I'd rather have a nice PSA 9 of a 50's or 60's card versus some high priced modern card, I'd rather have a nice PCGS 19th century type coin than some expensive '09 or '10 coin.
  • Options

<< <i> <<Just like modern cards, I don't follow the nuances of modern coins - just like I'd rather have a nice PSA 9 of a 50's or 60's card versus some high priced modern card, I'd rather have a nice PCGS 19th century type coin than some expensive '09 or '10 coin.>>

I also like the vintage stuff myself. The only problem is that it's so difficult finding anything I like because the older stuff is so condition sensitive and if when they are mint, centering is unacceptable in at least 9 out of 10 cases. Modern cards are obviously readily had in perfect shape with perfect centering. >>

Particularly, my favorite Topps Baseball set, 1962, in which nice centering is difficult to find, and when ya do find it in high grade, ya pay through the nose for it - oh well, it's only money. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Also might have been a root beer bottle.

root beer bottle images >>

They sell any of those bottles at Philly games?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Braves fans chirpin' away. But at least bigfische stays with 'em thru thick or thin...let's see if the other Braves fans are around posting when the Phillies are 5 games up again in the NL East.
  • Options
    oh brother - two straight bad days in beantown...but plenty of time left to turn the season around and do something...but where is Dallas Green or Larry Bowa when ya need 'em? Somebody has got to light a fire with this team, and it might be the job of the Philly boo-birds to wake them up and make them start earning their paychecks.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol boy what a difference a year makes.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>lol boy what a difference a year makes.

Steve >>

You're right, but let's see the standings in September. The Phillies will break out of this slump...didn't happen today but it will happen...however something needs to be done to get this team more focused...and if not...then there's always 2008 to think back on - that pleasant memory hasn't yet faded. image
  • Options
    I'm not gonna guarantee a win for Sunday's game, but If the Phillies can't get motivated to win this game after two embarrassing losses, then they should be scheduled for heart surgery.

• Options
    How about some chin music today for rookie Nava?
  • Options
    Come on Charlie, get dirty out there...do an "Earl Weaver" on an umpire...let's get our Phillies going again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-4FSRYagc
  • Options
    That's more like it - Phillies still have a pulse.

Braves and Mets playing well though.
  • Options
    Geez even your mercenary 'ace' is getting beat up.

What's goin on here?

Mets win.....again.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez even your mercenary 'ace' is getting beat up.

What's goin on here?

Mets win.....again.

Steve >>

When does the usual Mets meltdown begin this season?

Will it start soon or will the Mets make it dramatic and wait until the last few weeks of the season to meltdown?
  • Options
    Nice win over the Yankees - That's a good sign!

Phillies seem like they are rounding to form, and getting ready for the second half of the season, when the real running begins.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice win over the Yankees - That's a good sign! >>

Yeah real great sign. Even the O's win once in a while.

Meltdown?

Rounding into form?

Did the Phillies really win? I usually know that cuz Walt shows up only then.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I know Jamie Moyer is really enjoying his victory last night. He has been on record stating that he cried during Gehrig's speech,
    before resuming his bullpen session.
  • Options
    Rounding into form alright.

imagey
  • Options
    Phillies have not been playing all that great, while the Braves and Mets have been playing over their heads, yet the Braves and Mets only have managed to gain a slim lead over the Phillies...that doesn't bode very well for the Braves and Mets hoping to win the NL East this season.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drafted Cole Hamels for my fantasy team and would like to see a bit more dominance from him at least..,

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Phillies have always in recent years been a strong second half of the season team.

If I may offer some good advice to Braves and Mets fans as the second half of the season rolls on - Keep plenty of Jack Daniels handy.
  • Options
    Have to start facing the facts, the Phillies this season are losing games they would have won the past few seasons...the adrenaline needed to do what it takes to win certain types of ballgames just doesn't seem to be there.

Perhaps the hunger to win is gone. I hope not.

Oh well, can't be in the World Series every season I guess.
  • Options
    If anyone is interested in buying this thread, I've listed it on ebay for 99 cents "buy it now", but I'll take a "best offer" lower than that.
  • Options

<< <i>If anyone is interested in buying this thread, I've listed it on ebay for 99 cents "buy it now", but I'll take a "best offer" lower than that. >>

I'll even throw in a free CU Sports Talk lifetime membership.
  • Options
    Nice walk off HR tonight - hopefully we can build off that game.
  • Options
    Typical fair weather fan.

Buck up.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Typical fair weather fan.

Buck up.

Steve >>

For that comment you're now on the blocked bidders list for that ebay auction.
  • Options
    Well I have to say at least this you are still here.

Where are the rest of the Sillie fans that were beating chests the past two seasons?

Especially the ones that told the rest of the NL east fans to get used to the Phillies being on top?

Oh, I think I know, under some bed shivering.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    So I don't get chastised for editing.......

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I have to say at least this you are still here.

Where are the rest of the Sillie fans that were beating chests the past two seasons?

Especially the ones that told the rest of the NL east fans to get used to the Phillies being on top?

Oh, I think I know, under some bed shivering.

Steve >>

<<< Well I have to say at least this you are still here. >>>

Well, to be honest, there's still a smidgen of hope I guess, but if the Phillies dip to double digits behind the stinkin' Braves, then I admit I'll have to begin focusing more on my Eagles at that point, and wait until next year for my Phillies.
  • Options
    Beautiful comeback win for the Phils tonight.

Babe Howard with a walk off home run!

Phillies finally waking up this season?
  • Options
    Steve

50% of the season remains, the Phillies are not out of it by any means.

And if and when they do get back on top the rest of the chirpers will be here chirping like mad.

Right now they are everywhere but here.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Nice win last night, don't do it again though.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Nice win last night, don't do it again though. >>

Just wish the Phils coulda done it against the Braves. image

I gotta give the Braves credit where credit is due, they've been winning the tough ballgames. But WinPitcher is right, still a lot of season to go yet, but at this point it's obvious it isn't like recent past seasons...I don't see the Braves or Mets folding up like before, and unfortunately it's the Phillies who looked like they were about ready to fold up, but games like yesterday sure do lift the spirits.
  • Options
    Where's Swartzie? I haven't seem him in a while...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

WinPitcher for DBOTW.

Chirp. image
  • Options
    Nah Swartzie has the award all locked up, for this week at least.

I see you have made an appearance, ahhh the Phillies won last night.

See you again in about 3 days.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Phillies are starting to win games like they used to win games the past few seasons - doing whatever it takes to win. But the dam
    Braves keep winning as well.

Maybe the Phillies are contemplating a Zenyatta type close in this pennant race. LOL
  • Options
    Well...at least some nice momentum going into the All Star break.
  • Options
    The password is "suck."

• Options

<< <i>The password is "suck."

image >>

You're right - 13 hits yesterday and 4 lousy runs. Story of the season is either no hitting or when we do hit, can't drive 'em in.

Complacency has set in with this team, as it does eventually to all winning teams...I just wished it hadn't happened so soon.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi y'all! image

Shane

• Options

<< <i>Hi y'all! image >>

I hope the entire Cardinals team today, especially Pujols, suffers from a bad case of athlete's foot and jock itch.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi y'all! image >>

I hope the entire Cardinals team today, especially Pujols, suffers from a bad case of athlete's foot and jock itch.

image >>

Shane

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi y'all! image >>

image >>

image >>

That jock itch might have motivated 'em to hit better. LOL
  • Options
    At this point I'm looking at the playoff standings and even that is not looking very good.

But unless I change my CU avatar to an Eagles helmet, that means I ain't quit rooting yet this season for the Phillies. image
  • Options
    Bye, y'all. image

Shane

• Options
    Phillies pickup a game.

Baby steps? image
  • Options
    Lookin' better...........image
  • Options
    Phillies will fold...too many mercenaries on that team now..

• Options
    I activated Happ for my fantasy team today so I'm actually hoping for a Philly win...LOL..