Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the Next to Last Place New York Mets!!

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you say DR SteveK

No one has made excuses, no one has blamed it on luck and no one except you have brought up the most recent BS

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Back to the yearbook. To be honest I have never ever seen one that says 'Final' on it. Could it be that this guy

added that on?

Steve

Nevermind I just googled and found out that at times they have had a First edition, revised, 2nd revised and final.

I guess I just have never seen a 'final'. And yeah that is sorta lame what that guy is trying to do.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve are you in the clubhouse to see that these guys are not putting in the work?

Or is it ssimply you spouting off what you think is the reason? If so say IMO this is what is happening

lest someone fall upon this thread and actually think that you know what you are talking about.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve are you in the clubhouse to see that these guys are not putting in the work?

Or is it ssimply you spouting off what you think is the reason? If so say IMO this is what is happening

lest someone fall upon this thread and actually think that you know what you are talking about.

Steve >>

Presidents, kings and emperors have consulted me for advice.
  • Options
    Only if they needed a jester.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Only if they needed a jester.

Steve >>

funny, funny...but those are the facts.
  • Options
    I agree the fact is 'only if they needed a jester' geez we finally agree.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    So going by your logic Steve, would you consider Ibanez an injured mercanary that doesn't give a chit?
  • Options
    No Matt, Ibanez is a Sillie and they are all team players that if they get injured it was an act of god.

Or they played too hard last fall.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

Presidents, kings and emperors have consulted me for advice. >>

Then I ask you this. Do our beloved Mets have a better chance of catching the Nationals or the Phillies.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
    We are not a good club

• Options
    Acting your age I see, what are you 9 years old?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>So going by your logic Steve, would you consider Ibanez an injured mercanary that doesn't give a chit? >>

The answer is "No" Ibanez is not a mercenary. A high priced player is not necessarily and doesn't have to be a mercenary, when he plays hard and performs well. Look at the way Mets players drop easy to catch pop flies...if that doesn't fit the definition of a mercenary then I'm not sure what does...they're more concerned about their investment portfolios than on winning ballgames.

A guy such as Emmitt Smith, I don't know if you're familiar with him...he was never a mercenary...he came to play hard and win every game, didn't matter how much he got paid.
  • Options

The answer is "No" Ibanez is not a mercenary.

lol Matt did you expect him to answer you differently?

What about guys that when they are in a losing streak drop there heads down after ball 4
    allowing the batter to steal 2nd?

What about them guys? They thinking about the portfolio instead of the game?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I imagine Mets fans thunk they was gonna pickup a game tonight on the Phillies - that be incorrect. LOL
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit SteveK you have me in stitches image

• Options

<< <i>I have to admit SteveK you have me in stitches image >>

Yea, but it's getting close to "over" for the Mets this season and when it is, I won't pile on...but it's not over yet...although I have "lightened up" on the Phillies-Mets smack a little bit lately. image
  • Options
    It ain't over til it's over.

You gotta believe.

I somewhat remember being told 'it was over' once and I found my team in the WS.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>It ain't over til it's over.

You gotta believe.

I somewhat remember being told 'it was over' once and I found my team in the WS.

Steve >>

Agreed it's not over yet for the Mets, but they are treading in dangerous territory especially as the season progresses towards the end when trying to climb over three teams becomes very difficult and sometimes almost impossible in realistic terms. Of course the second place team in the NL East still has a shot at the wild card - that's not over yet either, but if the Mets have a bit of a losing streak they could find themselves in too deep of a hole to get out of this season - they are going to need to get it together almost immediately or soon after the All Star break and try to climb into second place asap to have a realistic chance at a playoff spot.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So going by your logic Steve, would you consider Ibanez an injured mercanary that doesn't give a chit? >>

The answer is "No" Ibanez is not a mercenary. A high priced player is not necessarily and doesn't have to be a mercenary, when he plays hard and performs well. Look at the way Mets players drop easy to catch pop flies...if that doesn't fit the definition of a mercenary then I'm not sure what does...they're more concerned about their investment portfolios than on winning ballgames.

A guy such as Emmitt Smith, I don't know if you're familiar with him...he was never a mercenary...he came to play hard and win every game, didn't matter how much he got paid. >>

Steve

I was hoping for a truthful answer image

Questuon for you: If Ibanez was on the Mets, would you be calling him a mercenary?

edit to ask question
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

A guy such as Emmitt Smith, I don't know if you're familiar with him...he was never a mercenary...he came to play hard and win every game, didn't matter how much he got paid. >>

Steve

Questuon for you: If Ibanez was on the Mets, would you be calling him a mercenary?

edit to ask question >>

Definitely not...in reality all smack aside, of course not every Mets player is a mercenary, but enough of them are to prevent them from winning a championship - it's a fine line at this level...even just a few mercenaries, unmotivated and not giving 100% but the manager "has to" play them because of the salary commitments, they can kill a ballclub's championship hopes.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Steve

edit to ask question >>

Definitely not...in reality all smack aside, of course not every Mets player is a mercenary, but enough of them are to prevent them from winning a championship - it's a fine line at this level...even just a few mercenaries, unmotivated and not giving 100% but the manager "has to" play them because of the salary commitments, they can kill a ballclub's championship hopes. >>

Thanks image

I like that answer!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Steve

edit to ask question >>

Definitely not...in reality all smack aside, of course not every Mets player is a mercenary, but enough of them are to prevent them from winning a championship - it's a fine line at this level...even just a few mercenaries, unmotivated and not giving 100% but the manager "has to" play them because of the salary commitments, they can kill a ballclub's championship hopes. >>

Thanks image

I like that answer! >>

I did the best I could - I was fearful of getting a "shaddap"

• Options
    Well I don't. It is self serving IMO.

In almost every thread where he mentions mercenary, he never once stated that only a few were.

In most cases he said the team was full of them.

Of Course Ibanez is not a mercenary, he is on his team. And if he agreed that he would be if he was a met he

would look foolish. IMO he lost what little credibility he still had.

So Steve last night you said the Mets injured were all mercenaries, now only a couple or few are.

Could you please indulge us and fill us in on who exactly are these so called mercenaries?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

...no, no, no, no, no...Mets fans still aren't "getting" the deeper meaning behind this...a few injuries yes, but a lot of injuries such as this...come on now...you're signing mercenaries who don't really give a chit about the game anymore

Talking out both sides again!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I don't. It is self serving IMO.

In almost every thread where he mentions mercenary, he never once stated that only a few were.

In most cases he said the team was full of them.

Of Course Ibanez is not a mercenary, he is on his team. And if he agreed that he would be if he was a met he

would look foolish. IMO he lost what little credibility he still had.

So Steve last night you said the Mets injured were all mercenaries, now only a couple or few are.

Could you please indulge us and fill us in on who exactly are these so called mercenaries?

Steve >>

No need for me to go through the list...I only watch them when the Phillies play them so I don't see them play all the time like you probably do...I don't usually watch other games except for once in awhile.

The unfocused second baseman who dropped a fly ball costing your team a win, that to me is playing like a mercenary...the results are obvious...6 games out of first place and I think it's 4 games under .500 at the All Star break with one of the highest payrolls in baseball...whatever is the number of mercenaries on the Mets it is too many, way too many...and that's the bottom line.
  • Options
    You are flip flopping.

A guy drops a popup? cmon give it a break.

You saying the Phillies NEVER drop fly balls?

To me, playing like a mercanary is allowing a batter 2 bases on a walk.

Where was the 'focus' that night?

A dropped fly ball was physical, the player got tangled up with his feet if you even saw the play.

Putting your head down and not covering a base while a batter is running to a base is not focusing!

And the results were 15 losses over 20 games!

The bottom line is you are great at making accusations but when called on them you

shrivel up like the Phillies lead come September.

Good for you.
  • Options

No need for me to go through the list...I only watch them when the Phillies play them so I don't see them play all the time like you probably do.

Yet you can call them mercanaries that don't care about the game only the money?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>No need for me to go through the list...I only watch them when the Phillies play them so I don't see them play all the time like you probably do.

Yet you can call them mercanaries that don't care about the game only the money?

Steve >>

Because I see the results, the RESULTS Steve - the results speaks for itself...Mets choking badly, pehaps the worst ever in MLB history during the regular season, and quitting like mercenary dogs already this season...results - that's the bottom line Steve...all else is chit chat and smack...meaningless.

BTW: The Philadelphia Phillies are the 2008 World Champions hence you may have forgotten.
  • Options
    No, the worst if you know any history are your very own 1964 Phillies.

Keep blabbering Steve, all your talk about the Mets leads me to believe that you are afraid of them.

It's ok. I know it, you know it.

Yes for the 1000th time we all know the Sillies won it all last year.

They had too, simply because they had not won chit for almost 30 years.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Results?

It was less then 10 days ago that your team was mired in a 15 of 20 game slump and the Mets were a half game out!

You base your last comment on less then 10 days?

I should just sit back, and realize that every comment you make lacks substance and is simply smack talk.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Results?

It was less then 10 days ago that your team was mired in a 15 of 20 game slump and the Mets were a half game out!

You base your last comment on less then 10 days?

I should just sit back, and realize that every comment you make lacks substance and is simply smack talk.

Steve >>

I don't mention Substance because he doesn't play for the Phillies.
  • Options
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Mets are right in the race.

Sincerely,
    the 4th place race
  • Options

<< <i>I still have faith. >>

I thought your wife's name was Tonya?
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought your wife's name was Tonya? >>

Ah....Faith

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I thought your wife's name was Tonya? >>

Ah....Faith

image >>

Looks and body, great voice, and money...if her father owned a brewery she would be ideal.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to give Willie another chance...

Where are you??

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Can Faith Hill hit or pitch? Maybe she can help.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We suck.

Sincerely,

Mets Suck

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Pelfrey

Sincerely
    LMAO
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Thank you sir. May I have another.

Sincerely,
    The Masochist Mets

• Options
    Is this 1962? I coulda swore I saw Roger Craig and Jim Hickman playing out there tonight.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Now add Sheffield to the DL

image >>

Must have hit the bottom of his PED cycle.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now add Sheffield to the DL

image >>

Must have hit the bottom of his PED cycle. >>

Not to worry. I hear Ibanez is gonna hook him up.
  • Options

<< <i>Someone needs to give Willie another chance...

Where are you?? >>

What's the over/under date on Jerry Manuel getting fired this season. Anybody know?
  • Options
    For those that have been truly watching the manager has done a terrific job especially when
    you consider what he has to work with. Now please don't take this as me making excuses
    but I wonder if Charlies name would be touted (with an over/under had he had to work with the same type of lineup?

I would have to think a few 'Phillies' fans would be no where to be found had the roles been reversed.

With all that said we play who we have.

And even with these guys the Phillies have yet to run away with anything.

Must be the mediocre team (pitching) they run out there every day.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>For those that have been truly watching the manager has done a terrific job especially when
    you consider what he has to work with. Now please don't take this as me making excuses
    but I wonder if Charlies name would be touted (with an over/under had he had to work with the same type of lineup?

I would have to think a few 'Phillies' fans would be no where to be found had the roles been reversed.

Steve >>

Translation: We have no bench. image

People were calling for Cholly's head before the All Star break last year. He doesn't get a break in Philly.
  • Options

<< <i>For those that have been truly watching the manager has done a terrific job especially when

Steve >>

Jerry Manuel is a pretty good manager. But ya gotta remember that better managers than him have been fired, numerous times before, and it didn't matter sometimes if the team had valid reasons for losing...which was the gist of my comment and not a reflection on his management ability - I've never made a negative comment about him...for sure he is no Willie Randolph because Willie Randolph was one of the worst managers I had ever seen.