Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the Next to Last Place New York Mets!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah and the Phillies need to work on not allowing batters that walk to get 2 bases.....

Steve >>

That was an isolated incident...seems like the Mets dropping simple pop flies is by no means isolated.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our only bright spot right now is Sillies suck almost as bad as we do...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Our only bright spot right now is Sillies suck almost as bad as we do... >>

Yea, but "if" the Phillies can get their relief pitching stabilized, then the rest of the NL East is in trouble...and I realize that's a big "if" LOL

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    WOW, Top of the Mets line up was 0-16, I bet Johann won't be giving any towell snaps in the locker room tonight!

BAM
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see you have come out from under your bed kevin.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Good advice for Mets fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE&feature=related >>

repost
  • Options
    Grote15 last seen on the phone calling the Mets Fan Club and asking for a pro-rated refund of his 2009 membership fee.
  • Options
    Looks like my Dodger boys are in the big Apple! Should be a good series!
  • Options
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    That was mean and uncalled for Keith

• Options
    I voted "no"
  • Options
    I have faith. They will get healthy, take some roids and then catch Philly. I can feel it!
  • Options

381 votes from outside of the U.S.

90% said no.

Children in the Republic of Togo were voting no.

Who knows?

Maybe public opinion will change when all of those heavy hitters come back from the DL.
  • Options

<< <i>

Maybe public opinion will change when all of those heavy hitters come back from the DL. >>

I don't know about that but one thing that will be changing is the standings.

Only 4.5 games back, playing like crap pretty much most of that time, I like our chances.

Philly sure isn't pulling away from anyone.
  • Options
    Mets fans...don't worry about it...there's plenty of things to do in NYC during the summer besides watching baseball games...lay on the beach, walks in the park, ya can even sit on the park bench and feed the pigeons...it's probably a lot of fun and I would have to imagine that the birds really appreciate a nice meal.
  • Options
    The Sillies are so strong and playing so well they are ONLY 4 games ahead of the Mets.

I wonder why we ain't seeing a Stevek thread about how the Sillies PAY their players 90%

more then the 2nd place MARLINS?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    "Two National League East foes swapped outfielders on Friday, as the Mets traded Ryan Church to the Braves for Jeff Francoeur.

Church, a 30-year-old lefty hitter, was batting .280 with two home runs and 22 RBIs in 67 games for the New York.

Francoeur, a 25-year-old righty bat, was hitting .250 with five homers and 35 RBIs in 82 games for Atlanta."

Word here in Atl. is most people are happy to get rid of Francoeur. They are tired of waiting for him to come around.

He could turn out to be a great player if they can fix his hitting problems.
  • Options
    +1

This thread looks like it has been abandoned and I wanted to get in a cheat post.
  • Options
    Perhaps this thread could be used to discuss the European soccer league - I've always wanted to know more about that.

Why do they call it football instead of soccer like it's supposed to be called?
  • Options
    I know what you mean, I had to rescue the Sillies thread 2 weeks ago from page 23 when they were losing 15 of 20 and
    the bandwagon Sillies fans were all in hiding.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Title edited for accuracy...I've come to the conclusion that we suck, LOL...

However, I reserve the right to edit again, should the unthinkable happen and we win a few games in a row, however unlikely that may sound...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I hear ya, but in this division we suck only a tad more then the rest. If we can get healthy and stay within striking distance
    we have a shot.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I hear ya, but in this division we suck only a tad more then the rest. If we can get healthy and stay within striking distance
    we have a shot.

Steve

I do believe that, which is why I'm reserving the right to re-edit the title, but what's alarming to me is that this team is playing even worse than they should with the players they do have...the number of mental errors and fundamental mistakes they've been making of late is ridiculous..

• Options

<< <i>Title edited for accuracy...I've come to the conclusion that we suck, LOL...; >>

I'm posting this on behalf of the estate of stevek - please be advised that he suffered a fatal heart attack by the shock incurred from this post.

His estate consists of a small collection of baseball cards and US coins, some Eagles and Phillies memorabilia, and an old 386 computer, total estimated value under $100 - any claims to his estate may be forwarded to Dewey Cheatem and Howe attorneys.
  • Options
    This must have been his second heart attack as the first one was suffered back in 93 after a Mitch William pitch
    ended up over some left field fence.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Title edited for accuracy...I've come to the conclusion that we suck, LOL...; >>

I'm posting this on behalf of the estate of stevek - please be advised that he suffered a fatal heart attack by the shock incurred from this post.

His estate consists of a small collection of baseball cards and US coins, some Eagles and Phillies memorabilia, and an old 386 computer, total estimated value under $100 - any claims to his estate may be forwarded to Dewey Cheatem and Howe attorneys. >>

Don't buy it for a minute.

I trust Mets fans only a tiny bit more than Cowboys fans.

Both a Mets and Cowboys fan?

Put on a Tyvek suit and respirator, then call for an exorcist. That person just ain't right. image
  • Options

<<

<< Title edited for accuracy...I've come to the conclusion that we suck, LOL...; >>

His estate consists of a small collection of baseball cards and US coins, some Eagles and Phillies memorabilia, and an old 386 computer, total estimated value under $100 - any claims to his estate may be forwarded to Dewey Cheatem and Howe attorneys. >>

Put on a Tyvek suit and respirator, then call for an exorcist. That person just ain't right.

I can't stand the Cowboys...you must be thinking of Matt...I am a NY fan through and through...J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!! LOL...

SteveK,

What, no provision in the will to leave your 1969 Mets yearbook to Grote15??

• Options
    Yep that is Matt.

True Met fans are Mets, Jets and Islander fans.

Yankee fans follow the Knicks and Rangers.

Steve

Edited to add: Not saying Matt is not a true Mets fan.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the deal with Reyes, Beltran and Delgado? Or should I say when your team is returning from the DL?????

Ugly scene for the Pets, it definately takes the fun out of it Im sure. I cant remember a team getting smashed with so many key guys going on the DL!
  • Options

<< <i>

<<

<< Title edited for accuracy...I've come to the conclusion that we suck, LOL...; >>

Put on a Tyvek suit and respirator, then call for an exorcist. That person just ain't right.

I can't stand the Cowboys...you must be thinking of Matt...I am a NY fan through and through...J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!! LOL...

SteveK,

What, no provision in the will to leave your 1969 Mets yearbook to Grote15??

image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<<

>>

The comparison was used to demonstrate the appropriate level of suckage.

I am quite aware of where the fan allegiance lies here.

Meanwhile the PA fans will remind everyone that these trophies were displayed together this week in the PA Capitol.

• Options
    LOL, SteveK, I knew you were a Mets fan in a past life!!

Edit; Wonder why that yearbook copy was "revised"? Did they forget to include Marveliys Marv Thornberry's photo? image

• Options

<< <i>LOL, SteveK, I knew you were a Mets fan in a past life!!

Edit; Wonder why that yearbook copy was "revised"? Did they forget to include Marveliys Marv Thornberry's photo? image >>

I just checked ebay - they are offering this "revised" edition as well as the original edition, and there is also a "final" edition listed - so there were at least 3 editions of this 1964 Mets yearbook - I guess to adjust to roster changes, but I have no idea.
  • Options
    . I cant remember a team getting smashed with so many key guys going on the DL!

No wonder the Sillies are in 1st place.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL, SteveK, I knew you were a Mets fan in a past life!!

Edit; Wonder why that yearbook copy was "revised"? Did they forget to include Marveliys Marv Thornberry's photo? image >>

I just checked ebay - they are offering this "revised" edition as well as the original edition, and there is also a "final" edition listed - so there were at least 3 editions of this 1964 Mets yearbook - I guess to adjust to roster changes, but I have no idea. >>

Fans were probably resorting to the "we would be in first place if so many of our players were not injured" excuse that year too.
  • Options
    Sorry but no one has used that as an excuse. However if the tables were turned we

all know that some of you guys would be whining about it day and night.

To tip you in Perk is a Sox fan not a Mets one.

Nice try though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    They always had a revised edition, not so sure about a final one.

Revised editions are usually worth less then the first editions.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry but no one has used that as an excuse. However if the tables were turned we

all know that some of you guys would be whining about it day and night.

To tip you in Perk is a Sox fan not a Mets one.

Nice try though.

Steve >>

Surely you must be joking.

No no one else mentions the Mets injuries more than you. I was referring to your posts.

Do we really need to do a search here?

Nice try though.

• Options
    Yes please do, one day I mentioned that if the roles were reversed Stalin would be whining like crazy.

I have mentioned it maybe, maybe 3 or 4 times and only after someone else has. You act as if every post

I bring it up. So yeah please link all these times I or anyone else has used injuries.

Be fair and make sure that you post them in context too.

I'm waiting......

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    I found one!!
    (in reply to stalin saying the mets will be in 4th place....)

Nah for that to happen the Sillies would have to beat the Braves and the Mets would have to lose.

i see a loss for both teams.

Both suck.

At least the Mets have 8 reasons.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

So Steve I guess we agree.

The Mets, even with a healthy roster would not be in first place. image
  • Options
    Probably not.

I think it was more or less perception Keith.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me I wasnt trying to stir the pot or make fun of the Mets fans with my post, its true I hate the Yankees and dislike the Mets but out of a general sports fan view I really took alook at this Mets team and cant believe how bad the injuries have hit them.

Anyone can see that it is the reason the Mets are doing this poorly- any team would.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They always had a revised edition, not so sure about a final one.

Revised editions are usually worth less then the first editions.

Steve >>

http://cgi.ebay.com/1964-NEW-YORK-METS-SHEA-STADIUM-FRAMED-YEARBOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea64f6a4dQQitemZ200358718029QQptZUSQ5fSMQ5fFanQ5fShopQQsalenotsupported#ebayphotohosting >>

Note in case anyone is interested in this, that this is for a "print" not an actual yearbook.

<<< 1964 NEW YORK METS SHEA STADIUM FRAMED YEARBOOK >>>

A deceiving header from this seller in my opinion, because a yearbook like this could be framed.
  • Options
    Steve

the keyword in my sentence is 'always have had them'

Yes I saw that they did have them in 1964.

My point is to this day they have a revised one but I'm not so sure if the still have a final one.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Anyone can see that it is the reason the Mets are doing this poorly- any team would.

Shhh we are not allowed to mention that.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>. I cant remember a team getting smashed with so many key guys going on the DL!

Steve >>

Regarding WinPitcher's and other Mets fans excuses for the Mets losing and blaming it on injuries.....

...no, no, no, no, no...Mets fans still aren't "getting" the deeper meaning behind this...a few injuries yes, but a lot of injuries such as this...come on now...you're signing mercenaries who don't really give a chit about the game anymore and certainly don't care about the team...they're rich for life so what do they care...sure, of course they don't wanna be injured...but here's how it basically goes and please read carefully so you'll all understand and be thankful that you're gaining the wisdom and knowledge of stevek.......okay...I'm sure in some way, shape or form the team trainer tells the mercenaries, "Look, ya gotta remember, you're not in your teens or early 20's anymore and can't just hop out of bed and play baseball, especially in your 30's, ya gotta put in the work, train properly, and again do the training work and practice to not only perform at a top level but to stay injury free"...but ah here's the answer to the injury question and why...the mercenaries not being totally motivated any longer either don't listen to the trainer or don't do the practice and training work...hence...HENCE...they get injured...i-n-j-u-r-e-d...injured....so therefore it's poor management signing these mercenaries is what's to blame.

Sorry to have to tell ya Mets fans...it's not entirely "bad luck" going on here.