Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the Next to Last Place New York Mets!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grote15 last seen at a local NY bar, drinking heavily.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 games back. LOL...fun to watch JS crawl out from under the bed for the first time in a week, though, LOL..Just remember, when we get our lineup back, the Sillies will fade in the rear view like a car stuck in traffic..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok whenever the Pets play the Yankees Im rooting for you guys!

Take one from the Yanks will ya!
  • Options
    come on Yankees, hold that lead brothers.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>come on Yankees, hold that lead brothers. >>

Shuddup
  • Options
    If the Pets lose this game, they'll be at .500 - oh man...I've got about 20 threads comin' on this one. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>If the Pets lose this game, they'll be at .500 - oh man...I've got about 20 threads comin' on this one. LOL >>

...all of them guaranteed to be funny.
  • Options
    Let's Go Yanks
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PETS! PETS! PETS! image

Oh & HI MATT image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    F Fraud gets battered around like a rag doll. Nice of the Mets to get more than one hit tonight. They really suck!

Sincerely,
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Wang should only be credited with 1/2 a win since it was against the Mutz..

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Me thinks it's time to change the title of this thread - Pets are gonna be hard pressed to finish second this season, let alone first - I'm not saying stick a fork in 'em yet, but the fork has been pulled out from the cabinet.
  • Options
    Philadelphia 39 34 .534 - - 3-7 W2 19-12 5-3 9-7 6-12 13-22 26-12 21-23 18-11 6-4 9-9 387 364 39-34 6/28 @ TOR, W 5-4 6/30 @ ATL, 7:00P
    New York 37 37 .500 2.5 87 4-6 L3 18-12 10-9 4-6 5-10 22-17 15-20 28-29 9-8 3-5 12-12 333 338 36-38 6/28 vs NYY, L 2-4 6/29 @ MIL, 7:05P
    Florida 38 39 .494 3.0 85 6-4 L3 16-10 6-13 6-8 10-8 20-20 18-19 20-29 18-10 6-3 14-9 351 379 36-41 6/28 @ TB, L 2-5 6/29 vs WSH, 7:10P
    Atlanta 35 40 .467 5.0 84 4-6 W1 12-10 11-14 5-8 7-8 18-21 17-19 21-29 14-11 4-3 13-12 308 329 35-40 6/28 vs BOS, W 2-1 6/30 vs PHI, 7:00P
    Washington 22 51 .301 17.0 73 5-5 W1 6-27 4-7 5-6 7-11 13-25 9-26 16-36 6-15 2-8 8-11 322 420 28-45 6/28 @ BAL, W 5-3 6/29 @ FLA, 7:10P

I've always found it difficult to interpret these here charts so if Mets fans could help me out it would be appreciated.

What does that .500 next to the Mets record mean?

Thank you for the help.
  • Options
  • Options
    The above post illustrates the sound heard anymore in this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

I'm not gonna pile on if it's truly over...but hey you guys are only 3 games out yet...right, wrong? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

I'm not gonna pile on if it's truly over...but hey you guys are only 3 games out yet...right, wrong? image >>

3 games after tonight is correct. The Mets will be better in the second half.

See, this year is different. They are getting the worst baseball out of the way in the first half and the second half they will be playing at another level.

I see things like that. My left eye is bigger than my right eye so I can see into the future. I don't need a crystal ball with my big eye.

Mets will win the division by 5 games...book it!

• Options
    And if I am wrong Steve, I'll send you my big eye so you can make faulty predictions on your own

• Options
    It's become increasingly clear that we can go no longer with the squad of super subs...we need Beltran, Reyes, Delgado, Maine, etc back and back quick if we're going to make a run for it...fortunately the Sillies are almost just as weak as we are now with half a lineup...can you imagine if the Sillies were missing Hamels, Utley and Howard? They'd be 10 games back! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Even with all the problems the Sillies are only a few games ahead.

If the Mets suck so bad they (Sillies) should be out in front by 10 games.

Oh is it the Sillies suck too?

Nice to see Swartz has decided to come back out from under his bed.

He and Stalin were in hiding while the Sillies lost 12 of 15.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I agree Steve. Both teams are weak right now but the Mets actually have a reason.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

I'm not gonna pile on if it's truly over...but hey you guys are only 3 games out yet...right, wrong? image >>

3 games after tonight is correct. The Mets will be better in the second half.

See, this year is different. They are getting the worst baseball out of the way in the first half and the second half they will be playing at another level.

I see things like that. My left eye is bigger than my right eye so I can see into the future. I don't need a crystal ball with my big eye.

Mets will win the division by 5 games...book it!

image >>

You frighten me when you say "book it" because of the uncanny accuracy...but remember, even Nostradamus was wrong once in awhile. image
  • Options
    Which number is higher, grains of sand on the earth or excuses Mets fans make for their losing team?
  • Options
    Its really hard to get into first place

Sincerely,
    Third Place
  • Options
    Which number is higher, grains of sand on the earth or excuses Mets fans make for their losing team?

I'm just tearing a page from the JS book, LOL...that's alright, my 1975 mini Seaver came back PSA 8.5, so I'm in a good mood, despite the losing, LOL!

• Options

<< <i>Its really hard to get into first place

Sincerely,
    Third Place >>

Not when you have a team like the Phillies in front of you it isn't....you'll soon see.
  • Options

<< <i> Which number is higher, grains of sand on the earth or excuses Mets fans make for their losing team?

I'm just tearing a page from the JS book, LOL...that's alright, my 1975 mini Seaver came back PSA 8.5, so I'm in a good mood, despite the losing, LOL! >>

Very nice card!

I think Seaver played for the Cincinnati Reds right?
  • Options

I'm just tearing a page from the JS book, LOL...that's alright, my 1975 mini Seaver came back PSA 8.5, so I'm in a good mood, despite the losing, LOL! >>

Very nice card!

I think Seaver played for the Cincinnati Reds right?

Let's just say what I think about M. Donald Grant cannot be posted on a family message board...image

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    me likey when Mets fans ain't happy image
  • Options
    Angry Mets fans after a recent loss at Citi Field:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOTwwJHDlk
  • Options
    I'm very happy, even with all our problems we are only 3 games behind the Sillies.

They must really suck to be only 3 games ahead.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm very happy, even with all our problems we are only 3 games behind the Sillies.

They must really suck to be only 3 games ahead.

Steve >>

I guess the Marlins must also suck in your view because they are also ahead of the Mets.
  • Options
    BTW - it would be most sincerely appreciated if the OP could correct the thread title to "Say "Hello" to the Third Place New York Mets!!" for the sake of accuracy.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I guess the Marlins must also suck in your view because they are also ahead of the Mets.

No guessing about it, the whole division is weak.

The marlins at least are playing up to potential.

The Phillies and the Mets are not.

Cmon Steve you are a bright guy, you know this.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess the Marlins must also suck in your view because they are also ahead of the Mets.

No guessing about it, the whole division is weak.

The marlins at least are playing up to potential.

The Phillies and the Mets are not.

Cmon Steve you are a bright guy, you know this.

Steve >>

My Phils have a 3, count 'em, 3 game lead...that's all I need to know. image
  • Options

Its really hard to get into first place

What was harder was getting you to come out from under the bed.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Will the Pets ever get back to over .500 this season?

Discuss.
  • Options
    Can the sillies add to thier lead? They seem to lose almost as often as the mets.

Atlanta just beat them up.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    mets could be in forth place tomorrow, of course that isn't going to happen tomorrow, but they would be a half a game out of 4th!

• Options
    Nah for that to happen the Sillies would have to beat the Braves and the Mets would have to lose.

i see a loss for both teams.

Both suck.

At least the Mets have 8 reasons.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Too bad the Mets lost tonight, with the Sillies losing Kevin was half way under the bed.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    How about the Philly fan in the stands calling off David Wright in foul ground. LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM
  • Options

<< <i>How about the Philly fan in the stands calling off David Wright in foul ground. LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM >>

The Mets need to practice on popup fly balls...catching them not dropping them LOL
  • Options
    Yeah and the Phillies need to work on not allowing batters that walk to get 2 bases.....

Steve
    Good for you.