Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the Next to Last Place New York Mets!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Mets win , you know, rainout-win...means the same thing for the Mets.
  • Options
    Mets fans don't worry about it...ya still got a little shot at the wild card.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Nice Grote...

just really started taking a liking to this message board...

the other ones are going to pot (literally)

but since they are in first...Happ won again (4-0) and Howard hit a homer...

ahhhh...this is goodimage

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Let's be honest here...the Mets are in serious, SERIOUS trouble, with a capital T

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much to say...except that the only thing we Met fans have to fear is fear itself...or something like that...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't have much to say...except that the only thing we Met fans have to fear is fear itself...or something like that...image >>

Ill once again say it, Grote is the only true Met fan here. Here win or lose, while the other "fans" are under the bed ready to spring out when the Nats
    are in town. Have a great day Grote!

Kevin
  • Options
    Grote15 is a true Mets fan.....

.....just too bad the recent and current Mets teams are the biggest bunch of choke artists in MLB history. LOL
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stalin

You are the last person that should make such a statement.

You live under a bed.

I'm here win or lose.

BAM

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Nice to see the Mets doing well today against the mighty Nationals - they're only losing by a touchdown. LOL

NYM (29-24) 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

WSH (14-39) 3 0 0 1 3 7 6 0
  • Options

<< <i>Nice to see the Mets doing well today against the mighty Nationals - they're only losing by a touchdown. LOL

WSH (14-39) 3 0 0 1 3 7 6 0 >>

maybe just one long pass play can get them right back in the game. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice to see the Mets doing well today against the mighty Nationals - they're only losing by a touchdown. LOL

WSH (14-39) 3 0 0 1 3 7 6 0 >>

maybe just one long pass play can get them right back in the game. image >>

an end around third base sweep for a touchdown might be a good call. image
  • Options
    I seem to recall that the Sillies did not win all 12 games against the might Nats either.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Pirates....Nats....who is next oh my...

that wants to beat-up on the Mutz....

Ha...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Pets fans probably think they're getting back in this race or something like that? Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.......................................
  • Options
    Dear Mets - Gonna be no gain in the standings today for you!
  • Options
    I could hear a pin drop in this thread. LOL
  • Options
    Pets have to do well in this upcoming series or their season could for all intents and purposes be basically over.
  • Options
    there musta been a chirpin' ban put in place in this thread. image
  • Options
    <<< NO CHIRPIN' ALLOWED >>>

oh okay, I just saw this post by the OP from a short time back
  • Options
    A three-game sweep and this thread is back on top!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>A three-game sweep and this thread is back on top! >>

could happen.......

.....in a million years
  • Options
    get the brooms out.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Geeze the moment I typed that Rollins hits a 2 run homer.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It's about time the METS played an easy team!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>A three-game sweep and this thread is back on top! >>

never happen in 100,000 years
  • Options
    A three-game sweep and this thread is back on top! >>

never happen in 100,000 years

• Options
    Geez the Mets beat the Sillies, again, and the resident Sillies fans are where?

Under the bed?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Where I should of been was the bleachers at Citi...where all the ball from the Philly bats were!

Kevin
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Where I should of been was the bleachers at Citi...where all the ball from the Philly bats were!Kevin >>

One would have thought the SILLIES would have won the game if ALL THE BALLS were in the right field bleachers!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Yeah they hit the heck out of the ball. (eyeroll)

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    yeah we hit the ball well off your best pitcher, actually your only pitcher! We had a rookie on the mound who wasn't even on the roster opening
    day. Congrats on the 1 run win! Payback is a @#@(
  • Options
    Mutz pitcher = crybaby....wahh...

- uncut

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yeah we hit the ball well off your best pitcher, actually your only pitcher! We had a rookie on the mound who wasn't even on the roster opening
    day. Congrats on the 1 run win! Payback is a @#@( >>

Last I checked a 1 run win looks the same as a 10 run win in the grand scheme of things.

Please stop with the excuses, is really lame.
  • Options
    Wonder what excuses the Sillies fans will come up with tonight after watching their SP get batted around like a human pinata! LOL!!

P.S. Note to Sillies pitching staff: The opposing pitcher is supposed to be an easy out! image

• Options
    Looks like Cole choked.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This game is ready for a hero...who will it be>>image

• Options
    Looks like the mercenaries choked in the bottom of the ninth.
  • Options
    Arod did his part.............

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    OMG
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Bill Buckner II, Mets Style image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Have you no heart? image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Yankee fans please refrain from posting here, thanks in advance.

P.S. Mussina is NOT a HOFer...lol

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Moose is an Oriole anyways
  • Options
    What really amazed me was how the wind played with that ball that Castillo dropped. We've all heard how the wind is causing so
    many home runs to right field at the new Yankee stadium. It was really evident on that pop up from Arod. That ball just kept going back,
    and back, and back. Castillo was fighting that wind the whole time on that pop up. I won't dismiss him from dropping it, but it looked
    like it was a difficult play. He probably thought when it came off the bat that he would just stand on the edge of the infield dirt and catch it. Next thing he knew, it was well further into the outfield.
  • Options

<< <i>What really amazed me was how the wind played with that ball that Castillo dropped. We've all heard how the wind is causing so
    many home runs to right field at the new Yankee stadium. It was really evident on that pop up from Arod. That ball just kept going back,
    and back, and back. Castillo was fighting that wind the whole time on that pop up. I won't dismiss him from dropping it, but it looked
    like it was a difficult play. He probably thought when it came off the bat that he would just stand on the edge of the infield dirt and catch it. Next thing he knew, it was well further into the outfield. >>

Come on now - a Little League player wouldn't drop that ball because a Little League player KNOWS to catch a fly ball with two hands, not ONE hand, two hands - Castillo simply squeezes the ball into his glove and with the other hand if the ball shakes a bit loose, the other hand keeps it in the glove - this is rudimentary, fundamental baseball, and what I've been trying to get Mets fans to understand, is that mercenaries such as this who for whatever reason don't care to focus and concentrate on the task at hand, make key mistakes like this throughout the season that costs their team winning opportunities.

Mercenaries don't win championships. Case closed.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What really amazed me was how the wind played with that ball that Castillo dropped. We've all heard how the wind is causing so
    like it was a difficult play. He probably thought when it came off the bat that he would just stand on the edge of the infield dirt and catch it. Next thing he knew, it was well further into the outfield. >>

Come on now - a Little League player wouldn't drop that ball because a Little League player KNOWS to catch a fly ball with two hands, not ONE hand, two hands - Castillo simply squeezes the ball into his glove and with the other hand if the ball shakes a bit loose, the other hand keeps it in the glove - this is rudimentary, fundamental baseball, and what I've been trying to get Mets fans to understand, is that mercenaries such as this who for whatever reason don't care to focus and concentrate on the task at hand, make key mistakes like this throughout the season that costs their team winning opportunities.

Mercenaries don't win championships. Case closed. >>

2 HANDS!!!! Is that so damn hard?? You hit the nail on the head!
  • Options
    Lost in all this was the hustle Tex used in scoring from first base on a pop up.

Gotta tip your cap to him. Some guys would have jogged to the next base.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lost in all this was the hustle Tex used in scoring from first base on a pop up.

Gotta tip your cap to him. Some guys would have jogged to the next base.

Steve >>

I was most impressed by that too! I don't think I can honestly say that anyone on the Red Sox would be a "lock" to do the same thing. I've watched them all react to inning-ending and game-ending popups and they all just mail it in. Teixiera is a difference maker.

Can the Mets get any worse?