Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the Next to Last Place New York Mets!!

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The Pets ain't cuz we can't even walk down the dugout steps without spraining an ankle.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge congrats on the Mets winning a game today.

Hey...I'm just trying to be nice. image
  • Options
    Glad to see you posting again image
  • Options

<< <i>Phillies all the way!!!

image >>

your jinxes don't work any more so stop trying. Ha! Ha!
  • Options

<< <i>Glad to see you posting again image >>

I was busy helping the Eagles cheerleaders.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Phillies all the way!!!

image >>

your jinxes don't work any more so stop trying. Ha! Ha! >>

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been too busy following the QB competition in Jets camp to worry about the Pets these days, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>I've been too busy following the QB competition in Jets camp to worry about the Pets these days, LOL! >>

TRANSLATION: I have hit my head while under the bed too many times to continue being a Pets fan, I will continue my agony by watching a team with no better
    shot than the pets to win a championship, the jets. Pray for me.
  • Options
    kevin

What no post regarding K Rod and a blown save? Is it because Lidge blew one too?

Cmon man be consistent.

oh wait you are.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Well, it could be worse, I could be a Sucs fan!

Sincerely,

4-12

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Good news for Mets fans in case ya didn't realize this - the 12 or 15 or 20 or however many games you're gonna be out when the season is over...I gots good news for ya...those games out don't carry over into next season...ya start fresh at 0 at the beginning of each season...just in case ya didn't know.

You're welcome - I'm just trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    I'm still wondering what Phillie fan is gonna cry foul first when they go down and I make numerous posts and threads about it?

It's coming.

As a Philadelphia sports favorite once said "get your popcorn ready" image

• Options
    more good news for Mets fans - it just came across the wire that after the season is over, they are demolishing Citi Field and rebuilding Shea Stadium.
  • Options
    Any Phillies fan that smack talks now when the Mets have every core player out really
    is only trying to validate the phillies season.

Yes you may win the division. Where was your competition?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    more good news for Mets fans to help their team compete next season...the baseball commissioner just ruled that Mets batters will be allowed to use corked bats during the game, and opposing pitchers must throw underhand only.
  • Options
    the commissioner also ruled that anything hit out of the infield by a Mets batter will be considered a home run...I think with these new rules, the Mets might be competitive next season.

Happy to report the good news.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    I guess when your team has been a loser almost all your life when the time finally comes that they are a winner you want to
    talk smack.

I say go for it, just please, make it worth reading.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Any Phillies fan that smack talks now when the Mets have every core player out really
    is only trying to validate the phillies season.

Yes you may win the division. Where was your competition?

Steve >>

Obviously not in the Mets farm system. image
  • Options
    The few they brought up got hurt too.

Or are you saying playing against triple A ballplayers is your idea of competition?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what mercenary stiffs the Mets sign in the off season...who will get injured and not play...then Mets fans can complain about the exact same thing next season when they are out of the playoffs by August.
  • Options

<< <i>The few they brought up got hurt too.

Or are you saying playing against triple A ballplayers is your idea of competition?

Steve >>

No I'm saying that the Mets farm system had nothing to offer up in the way of competition. Says something about the organization. I'm surprised that Minaya has not been more successful in bringing up talent.
  • Options
    Geez Keith what ML team does have that type or amount of talent in the minors?

They brought a few guys up and the best one got hurt too.

Unless you have been drafting like Tampa Bay for 5 years most minor leagues teams are minor league teams for a reason.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Each minor league team has probably 1 or 2 guys that could make it big in the majors. Then they have a few who would be journeymen at best.

The rest are there so the one or two guys have someone to play with.

When players report to Rookie ball one or two guys are there that have the talent to make it the rest are there so those 2 guys have a team to play with.

If any of those other 20 or so guys makes it, it is bonus.

That is why teams trade and sign free agents. If 1000 guys sign out of school maybe 10 make it where they become household names.

yes the mets farm system stinks, so does probably 20 other teams.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

Insert Met fan here--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
  • Options
    I see the Phillies must have won...stalin is posting

Sincerely

Way Too Predictable
  • Options
    Will you be on the boards posting when the Phillies get run out of the playoffs this year?

Probably not but I will. I'll be sure to remind you how happy I am too LOL!!
  • Options
    please Matt, this is the Met post, keep things positive..oh wait, nevermind
  • Options
    Latest standings:

Philadelphia 68 49 .581 - - 7-3 W3 27-19 18-6 17-12 6-12 31-29 37-20 45-35 23-14 9-5 16-13 614 523 67-50 8/19 vs ARI, W 8-1 8/20 vs ARI, 7:05P
    Florida 64 56 .533 5.5 39 8-2 L1 24-17 14-17 16-14 10-8 34-28 30-28 39-40 25-16 7-6 21-14 574 570 60-60 8/19 @ HOU, L 3-6 8/20 @ HOU, 8:05P
    Atlanta 63 57 .525 6.5 38 7-3 W1 24-18 15-16 17-15 7-8 32-27 31-30 38-39 25-18 8-3 20-17 546 488 66-54 8/19 @ NYM, W 15-2 8/20 @ NYM, 7:10P
    Washington 56 64 .467 13.5 31 5-5 L1 21-21 17-14 13-19 5-10 33-28 23-36 44-47 12-17 4-7 16-16 512 562 55-65 8/19 vs ATL, L 2-15 8/20 vs ATL, 7:10P
    New York 43 77 .358 26.5 18 5-5 L2 13-34 13-20 10-12 7-11 26-35 17-42 34-59 9-18 4-8 13-19 544 647 51-69 8/19 vs COL, L 4-5 8/20 vs COL, 7:05P
  • Options
    okay, it was in poor taste - i admit it.
  • Options
    i promise i won't pile on to the Mets any longer....

...until tomorrow. image
  • Options
    What I'd like to know is has Kevin even visited Citizens Bank to see a game in person? Or does he just do that bandwagon thing with the dish every night and watch the highlights on ESPN?

• Options
    hey it is tomorrow!
  • Options
    "A white elephant is a valuable possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness."

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    "our players are all getting hurt"

"our field is too BIG"

"our payroll is too BIG"

I never said any of that...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Mets fans have more excuses for losing than grains of sand on the planet.
  • Options
    At least Phillies fans in the "old days" when the Phillies had losing teams, we just admitted our team stunk and left it at that and enjoyed being a fan for what it is...not with Mets fans these days it seems...one excuse after another...Mets fans almost never admitting that their team just plain stinks.

I guess those line of excuses probably "evolved" because ya figured your Mets could always buy their way out of any problems...well, sorry to inform ya but those days are over, as the Philles and other teams now compete with the thieving Yankees and Mets for players. Yankees ain't been doing squat lately either as far as championships are concerned...but at least they are playing good right now and we'll see how well they do in the post season. The Mets however it appears for now seem like a perennial 3rd or 4th place team in the NL East - too bad, so sad.
  • Options
    Sure we have, keep saying it maybe then someone will believe you.

Ok how about this, post all the threads where Met fans created and made excuses.

Then when that fails post all the posts where we did that.

Met fans did not have to make excuses only a dope would not realize what happened.

I guess it simply is this: Phillie fans need justification on there teams sucess, IMO they don't.

Yet they keep implying we have made excuses when we have not.

I'll await your poof.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    You guys really don't have to prove to yourselves that your team is good.

We all know that it is. So stop with BS it really is classless.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I just tried adding up all the excuses from Mets fans but me calculator only goes up to 99,999,999 so I had to stop there.
  • Options
    "our players are all getting hurt"

"our field is too BIG"

"our payroll is too BIG"

I never said any of that...

I mentioned the field 1x......I then mentioned your field was as small as the Yanks.

The players getting hurt? Yeah I've said it, never used it as an excuse, must be your reading comprehension skills.

payroll? I never said anything about payroll, you must be thinking about Stevek. Again reading comprehension skills.

So in closing I;ll say this just so their is NO misunderstanding.

Did the fact that the Mets had in inordinate amount of injuries hurt their chances? Of course that goes without saying.

Would they have won the division if healthy? That I would not say, the Phillies are a decent team and the Marlins are tough too.

I hope this now allows the Phillie fans among us revel in their pos. in the standings.

They do not have to justify anything, it really is getting old.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    How about this then Steve just post 10.

I'm sure you can add up to 10.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Of course the #1 constant excuse from Mets fans is "injuries" and the million derivatives thereof...when it all boils down to Mets management signing unmotivated overpaid selfish mercenaries who don't put in the necessary work to properly train themselves to prevent injuries...Mets fans don't wanna face the obvious that their team management stinks, and players they sign stink, and their farm system stinks as well.

Those are the facts - Case closed.
  • Options
    The fact remains YOU need to keep saying WE made excuses when WE have NOT.

Like I said, YOU need to justify why your team is in 1st PL. To be honest with you, you don't.

In all likely hood the Phillies would be where they are even if the Mets were healthy.

Not sure how much clearer I can be.

So how about putting up now or shutting up?

lets see all the threads that were created by Mets fans that were posted where 'excuses' were made.

Geez the way you make it sound all you would need to do is type in Mets and excuse in search.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    <<< Did the fact that the Mets had in inordinate amount of injuries hurt their chances? Of course that goes without saying. >>>

Yea, but what most Mets fans don't "get" is that they think that this was some sort of inordinate bad luck - Let me tell ya something...luck favors the prepared, and Mets management is obviously unprepared to put a championship team on the field.
  • Options
    Still waiting for all those threads Stevek.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Instead of yapping the same old tired songs spend a few moments and prove your accusations.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

If the Mets finish the season 10 games or more out, will Minaya keep his job?

What's the general feeling out there?
  • Options
    LOL I don't know, I'm not privy to all that happens in ML executive offices like SteveK is.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

Omar should call Andy Reid and trade notes about getting a bye for injury plagued losing seasons.

He'll probably save himself but it is New York and anything can happen.