Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the Phillie Doofus...aka Stevek,

Today could be Phillies get swept day, unless of course you got your team pumped up on that adrenaline BS. Does the manager take everyone's adrenaline temp, or just hand out adrenaline pills? At what point is your Phillie players adrenaline level sufficient enough to win a game? Surely you can quantify that with your mumbo jumbo BS. Call your bookie, maybe he can clue you in, or call that sports radio show yourself.

Bet on baseball? I'd rather watch squirrels procreate. I'll leave that for Rose.

Go Blue Jays, kick their asses!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To the Phillie Doofus...aka Stevek,

Today could be Phillies get swept day, unless of course you got your team pumped up on that adrenaline BS. Does the manager take everyone's adrenaline temp, or just hand out adrenaline pills? At what point is your Phillie players adrenaline level sufficient enough to win a game? Surely you can quantify that with your mumbo jumbo BS. Call your bookie, maybe he can clue you in, or call that sports radio show yourself.

Bet on baseball? I'd rather watch squirrels procreate. I'll leave that for Rose.

Go Blue Jays, kick their asses!!! >>

<<< I'd rather watch squirrels procreate >>>

Al - you are a funny guy.

Why can't you Mets fans be as funny as Al? image
  • Options
    Still looking good. Back to back World Series championships here we come.

Philadelphia 36 27 .571 - - 4-6 L2 19-12 5-3 9-7 3-5 13-18 23-9 21-19 15-8 6-4 8-6 341 313 34-29 6/17 vs TOR, L 1-7 6/18 vs TOR, 1:05P
    New York 33 30 .524 3.0 97 4-6 L1 18-12 7-8 4-6 4-4 18-11 15-19 24-23 9-7 3-5 11-11 294 290 32-31 6/17 @ BAL, L 4-6 6/18 @ BAL, 7:05P
    Florida 32 35 .478 6.0 92 5-5 L2 16-10 6-13 6-8 4-4 15-19 17-16 17-28 15-7 5-3 10-8 310 341 31-36 6/17 @ BOS, L 1-6 6/18 @ BOS, 7:10P
    Atlanta 30 34 .469 6.5 93 4-6 L4 12-10 9-14 5-8 4-2 15-17 15-17 17-24 13-10 4-3 12-10 268 293 29-35 6/17 @ CIN, L 3-4 6/18 @ CIN, 12:35P
    Washington 17 46 .270 19.0 81 3-7 W1 6-27 4-7 5-6 2-6 10-22 7-24 13-33 4-13 0-8 7-11 283 367 24-39 6/17 @ NYY, W 3-2 6/18 @ NYY, 1:05P
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>To the Phillie Doofus...aka Stevek,

Go Blue Jays, kick their asses!!! >>

That's a classic!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Al is on a roll I tell ya. lol

And just so the resident jack ass understands how this is different as opposed to
    the time he keeps whining about, the difference is, here, Phillie fans are replying.
    And in the Sox thread it was going back and forth as well.
    The time he keeps whining about No fans of the other team were posting in the thread.
    Certain members here appeared like jackals feasting on a dead carcass.

Maybe it will finally sink into that thick skull of his. Probably not.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This was classic:

"Funny one of the biggest blowhards on the boards is starting a thread to tattle on someone."

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Al is on a roll I tell ya. lol

Steve >>

Al is great - he's clueless, can't hardly understand a word he says, but he is funny as yell.

I'm voting for Storm for "Poster of the Year" but if there's a category for "funniest poster" Al has got my vote.

Just on this alone from him should win him the coveted award... <<< I'd rather watch squirrels procreate >>> image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the F? I love how out of nowhere Ibanez lands on the DL for a strained groin thats been bothering him?

Why not at least mention it so those of us that have him on our Fantasy squads can take precautionary mesures?

• Options
    ugly series, very ugly.
  • Options
    OH NO!!! The Phillies SWEPT at home!! Say it ain't so. Clearly the Phillies qualified for the adrenalin pump up after a stinky game (7-1 loss qualifies as stinky), must be something wrong with the Phillie Doofus' analysis.

It's hard to say how many bookies lost money on the game today, after all, we were advised by the Phillie Doofus that all bookies hone in on teams with an obvious adrenaline rush to win the next game. Must be something wrong with his thought process, or perhaps this is just an aberation. How could Doofy be wrong???

One sports announcer on a radio show from Philly (who shall remain nameless) has advised listeners that the Phillie Doofus is FedExing tons of adrenaline suppositories (10 zillion mg each) for the team's next game. Surely after a sweep at home, they will have enough adrenaline, but the Doofus wants to make sure they kick the crap out of the next team.

The Doofus was last seen walking toward the Ben Franklin bridge and mumbling "how could this happen"??? Hopefully he will be rescued in time for the next game.

Fans were given "we suck" bumper stickers as they left the game, not too cool IMO, but hey, it is what it is.

B-A-R-A-J-A-S!!! Beisbol been very, very good to me...muchas gracias Philadelphia. Hasta luego Doofus.

• Options
    Al you are out of control.

I love it!

Regardless of what a certain jackass may think or say.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hopefully Baltimore will get hot, after tonight of course.

Bam

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>OH NO!!! The Phillies SWEPT at home!! Say it ain't so. Clearly the Phillies qualified for the adrenalin pump up after a stinky game (7-1 loss qualifies as stinky), must be something wrong with the Phillie Doofus' analysis.

It's hard to say how many bookies lost money on the game today, after all, we were advised by the Phillie Doofus that all bookies hone in on teams with an obvious adrenaline rush to win the next game. Must be something wrong with his thought process, or perhaps this is just an aberation. How could Doofy be wrong???

One sports announcer on a radio show from Philly (who shall remain nameless) has advised listeners that the Phillie Doofus is FedExing tons of adrenaline suppositories (10 zillion mg each) for the team's next game. Surely after a sweep at home, they will have enough adrenaline, but the Doofus wants to make sure they kick the crap out of the next team.

The Doofus was last seen walking toward the Ben Franklin bridge and mumbling "how could this happen"??? Hopefully he will be rescued in time for the next game.

Fans were given "we suck" bumper stickers as they left the game, not too cool IMO, but hey, it is what it is.

B-A-R-A-J-A-S!!! Beisbol been very, very good to me...muchas gracias Philadelphia. Hasta luego Doofus. >>

Hey doofus - I didn't predict a Phillies win today...once again you prove how clueless you are.

• Options
    Often a good team like the Phillies will bounce back the next game after putting together a stinker the previous game

- The Phillies were at full adrenaline today and there was basically nothing the Red Sox could do about it.

Then you got into the "call any sports show and ask", and all the bookie crap, which was beyond mindless, even for a Doofus like you!!

Hey stupid...oops, excuse me, the Phillie Doofus...the above is what YOU wrote, not me. You were stupid to write it and got a burr under your ass when I challenged you. Once challenged, you began with the name calling crap. Then you thought I was funny, now you wanna go back to disliking (more like hating me) again. Personally I don't give a rat's ass what you think. You suck and your team sucks. If you're not man enough to put up a post that says you made a bit of a dumb mistake by posting your silliness, I will continue.

BTW, pretty shallow that you can't get more creative than to refer to me as Doofus, YOU are the Doofus, and a dumbass one at that. I watched the whole game today and loved the Barajas homer, I'll bet you peed your pants when he got that tater, knowing what was coming. And your big guy Howard looked like crap at the plate when you needed him most. Your team is abysmal, that coupled with your A-ball bullpen will find you slowly but surely sinking into the sunset.

Have a great night Stevie...I'm off to watch a real team play baseball, win, lose or draw, I'll be watching a solid ball club, unlike your pathetic losers. SWEPT AT HIOME I love it...go grab a beer and feel sorry for yourself.

• Options
    Winpticher...Steve

Everybody loves me, well, maybe one really doesn't.

I'll have to get off his back for a while...getting swept at home is really no fun, but don't tell him I showed any sympathy. image

The adrenaline thing was just a huge pile of crap.

Take care,
    Al
  • Options
    was just a huge pile of crap.

We here have heard it all....

And it's not even debatable, case closed!

Double BAM

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I can say this about Stevek if you see him in another thread he won't bring this into that one.

That's why we all consider him a friend.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    "Mayberry fills in nicely, but Phils' bullpen falters"

I took that from the Phillies homepage. Get used to seeing that guys, it's gonna be happening alot LOL

5 runs given up by the pen in the last 4 innings....that's pretty bad.

I don't feel bad for you guys one bit. When the Mets had no pen last year, it was a common thing for them to lose games late in the contest. You guys were laughing at every chance you got.

Now it's my and every Met fan's turn....here goes:

imageimageimage

Damn that feels good!

Oh yeah, befoe I forget, the Phillies are in trouble...BAD!

• Options
    You guys were laughing at every chance you got.

And some even said how it did not matter, bullpens were not valuable.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>OH NO!!! The Phillies SWEPT at home!! Say it ain't so. Clearly the Phillies qualified for the adrenalin pump up after a stinky game (7-1 loss qualifies as stinky), must be something wrong with the Phillie Doofus' analysis.

B-A-R-A-J-A-S!!! Beisbol been very, very good to me...muchas gracias Philadelphia. Hasta luego Doofus. >>

I was looking forward to this post all the way home. Al you didn't let me down. The beers are on me next weekend!

Bob...
  • Options

<< <i>Winpticher...Steve

Everybody loves me, well, maybe one really doesn't.

I'll have to get off his back for a while...getting swept at home is really no fun, but don't tell him I showed any sympathy. image

The adrenaline thing was just a huge pile of crap.

Take care,
    Al >>

Al - it's all just smack to me, and the forum here for me is just a way to let off some steam and have some fun...an escape for awhile from the "real world"...

...and the nice thing is it's free. image
  • Options
    I think it's probably time that the board know it all chime and and tell us how despicable it is to invade
    other teams threads to put their teams down.

However, he decides to jump in and join the parade of insults instead.

Has he gone classless too ?
    Doesn't he practice what he preaches ?

Teimage
  • Options
    No, he and everyone else seems to understand the difference.

Not only are you classless but you are also clueless.

Notice how I did not answer you in the red sox thread?

Geez that must really bother you, enough to mention it your every waking moment.

Do you go around mumbling about this all day long?

lol

What a tool

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>"Mayberry fills in nicely, but Phils' bullpen falters"

I took that from the Phillies homepage. Get used to seeing that guys, it's gonna be happening alot LOL

5 runs given up by the pen in the last 4 innings....that's pretty bad.

I don't feel bad for you guys one bit. When the Mets had no pen last year, it was a common thing for them to lose games late in the contest. You guys were laughing at every chance you got.

Now it's my and every Met fan's turn....here goes:

imageimageimage

Damn that feels good!

Oh yeah, befoe I forget, the Phillies are in trouble...BAD! >>

Now that was mean.
  • Options
    to Stevek...

I will retract one of my statements above, the part about "you suck" and "your team sucks"...that's a bit over the top even for me. For that I offer an apology. You are perhaps a decent person, and the Phillies are just in a bit of a rut.

As for the rest, I'm rock solid with it. Next time you jump into the Red Sox thread with your mindless adrenaline crap you can expect a response. Contribute, make sense or just shut the hell up. Have the balls to stand by what you write and be able to defend it so that it has some kinda logic.

I'm done with you for now and am out of the Phillie thread.
  • Options

<< <i>to Stevek...

I will retract one of my statements above, the part about "you suck" and "your team sucks"...that's a bit over the top even for me. For that I offer an apology. You are perhaps a decent person, and the Phillies are just in a bit of a rut.

As for the rest, I'm rock solid with it. Next time you jump into the Red Sox thread with your mindless adrenaline crap you can expect a response. Contribute, make sense or just shut the hell up. Have the balls to stand by what you write and be able to defend it so that it has some kinda logic.

I'm done with you for now and am out of the Phillie thread. >>

Al - I stood by my comments and you know it...I'm not going to explain it over and over again just because someone doesn't get it...it's sports talk, not trying to explain the meaning of life.

It's funny that you apologize in one paragraph, then you act like a punk with the "shut the hell up" comment.and more insults in another paragraph. Let me tell ya something...I never met a fellow card collector who I didn't like, and that even includes you...and if the feeling isn't mutual who cares...it's only an internet forum and no sense getting a heart attack over anything here, capiche? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>to Stevek...

I'm done with you for now and am out of the Phillie thread. >>

Al - I stood by my comments and you know it...I'm not going to explain it over and over again just because someone doesn't get it...it's sports talk, not trying to explain the meaning of life.

It's funny that you apologize in one paragraph, then you act like a punk with the "shut the hell up" comment.and more insults in another paragraph. Let me tell ya something...I never met a fellow card collector who I didn't like, and that even includes you...and if the feeling isn't mutual who cares...it's only an internet forum and no sense getting a heart attack over anything here, capiche? image >>

Just to clarify one comment...that doesn't mean I like everyone who has ever posted here on Sports Talk and Sports Cards because in my viewpoint not everyone coming on here is a fellow collector - some just come on the board to prey on other collectors such as that "Gary" fellow, and some come to scam in various ways such as trying to sucker people in pretending they've got some valuable cards they just inherited and lies like that...and when they do...they'll suffer the wrath of the good members of this forum.
  • Options
    Phillies playing like crap and the Mercenaries still can't make up hardly any ground.

Philadelphia 36 28 .563 - - 4-6 L3 19-12 5-3 9-7 3-6 13-19 23-9 21-19 15-9 6-4 8-7 348 321 34-30 6/18 vs TOR, L 7-8 6/19 vs BAL, 7:05P
    New York 33 31 .516 3.0 96 4-6 L2 18-12 7-8 4-6 4-5 18-11 15-20 24-24 9-7 3-5 11-12 298 295 32-32 6/18 @ BAL, L 4-5 6/19 vs TB, 7:10P
    Florida 33 35 .485 5.0 92 6-4 W1 16-10 6-13 6-8 5-4 15-19 18-16 17-28 16-7 5-3 11-8 312 342 31-37 6/18 @ BOS, W 2-1 6/19 vs NYY, 7:10P
    Atlanta 31 34 .477 5.5 93 4-6 W1 12-10 10-14 5-8 4-2 15-17 16-17 17-24 14-10 4-3 12-10 275 293 31-34 6/18 @ CIN, W 7-0 6/19 @ BOS, 7:10P
    Washington 18 46 .281 18.0 81 3-7 W2 6-27 4-7 5-6 3-6 10-22 8-24 14-33 4-13 0-8 7-11 286 367 25-39 6/18 @ NYY, W 3-0 6/19 vs TOR, 7:05P
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mets are just lulling the Sillies to sleep before making their move down the backturn....it's a done deal..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I think Stevek meant to say:

Capisca?

Unless of course he is from Naples.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I think it's probably time that the board know it all chime and and tell us how despicable it is to invade
    other teams threads to put their teams down.

However, he decides to jump in and join the parade of insults instead.

Has he gone classless too ?
    Doesn't he practice what he preaches ?

Teimage >>

Dude....let it go already.
  • Options
    Charlie Manuel should make the Phillies players stay in a hotel each night before a home game so they think they are the visiting team...this is just hard to believe the Phillies can play so well on the road and stick up the joint at home?

I've never seen anything like it in MLB.
  • Options
    I blame the fans.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Geez what's goin on? the 4th best team in baseball could be the 8th best team in baseball with 1 more loss.

Thank god for those 10 wins vs the Nats!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Question, did they give up any 2 base walks tonite?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Question, did they give up any 2 base walks tonite?

Steve >>

Didn't matter - didn't cost them the game like an easy dropped pop fly from some second baseman - I forget the team.
  • Options
    Phillies are still 2 games up - why should I be worried?

Philadelphia 36 29 .554 - - 3-7 L4 19-12 5-3 9-7 3-7 13-20 23-9 21-19 15-10 6-4 8-7 350 328 34-31 6/19 vs BAL, L 2-7 6/20 vs BAL, 7:05P
    New York 34 31 .523 2.0 96 4-6 W1 18-12 7-8 4-6 5-5 19-11 15-20 25-24 9-7 3-5 11-12 303 298 33-32 6/19 vs TB, W 5-3 6/20 vs TB, 4:10P
    Atlanta 32 34 .485 4.5 93 4-6 W2 12-10 10-14 5-8 5-2 15-17 17-17 18-24 14-10 4-3 12-10 283 295 32-34 6/19 @ BOS, W 8-2 6/20 @ BOS, 7:10P
    Florida 33 36 .478 5.0 91 5-5 L1 16-10 6-13 6-8 5-5 15-20 18-16 17-28 16-8 5-3 11-8 313 347 31-38 6/19 vs NYY, L 1-5 6/20 vs NYY, 7:10P
    Washington 18 46 .281 17.5 81 3-7 W2 6-27 4-7 5-6 3-6 10-22 8-24 14-33 4-13 0-8 7-11 286 367 25-39 6/18 @ NYY, W 3-0 6/19 vs TOR, LIVE
  • Options
    "Didn't matter - didn't cost them the game"

yeah I guess the run that Scutaro scored didn't matter seeing the Sillies LOST by one run.

Nah it didn't matter.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Easy dropped fly ball is a physical error.

Not being awake is a mental one. No excuse for that, especially at the big league level.

And it wasn't just one guy farting with his brain it was 4 of them.

I dunno, all I hear is how great the Sillies are yet they are only 2 games ahead.

BAM

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    How's that Rayn Madson guy doing these days??image

He seems to come down with that incurable virus going around the bullpen in Philly.......Lidgeobacillus

Bad stuff indeed image
  • Options
    That 4th best team in MLB is 2 pct points from being the 12th best..........

geez what a drop, all in 3 days. LMAO

BAM

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Damn these crickets are loud......

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thank God for Brian Roberts or we would have had another Babe Howard thread to endure.

I wonder if pinch hit 3 run homers off the bench that put his team ahead count when Hoops does his stats?

In any event I hear Lidge is throwing pain free off the mound in rehab.....

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>How's that Rayn Madson guy doing these days??image

He seems to come down with that incurable virus going around the bullpen in Philly.......Lidgeobacillus

Bad stuff indeed image >>

May all your Emmitt Smith cards suffer spontaneous combustion sir!

Cholly M. has it under control. Best the slide happens now than in August.

Don't want to get in the way of the classic Mets collapse.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>That 4th best team in MLB is 2 pct points from being the 12th best..........

BAM

Steve >>

Meanwhile the Mets and Phils have the same record over the last 10 games, 3-7.

Number 2 with a bullet those Mets are I tell ya! image

Weak retort listing Mets injuries and how the Phils should play the Nationals more often in 1...2...3.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That 4th best team in MLB is 2 pct points from being the 12th best..........

BAM

Steve >>

Good to see you are doing your math homework...

they would still be mediocre...right?

Look Ma no edits!!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    unbelievable loss. not fatal, but a gut punch.

madsen's just not hitting his spots. he can throw it 96, but when it has no movement and he doesn't hit the outside spot ruiz calls for and throw it middle in to a lefty.... well.... any major leaguer can turn it around.

sad sad.
  • Options
    Keith I had to say it 9 times cuz a certain member here has a comprehension problem.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    hey would still be mediocre...right?

Yep, they would be.

Steve
    Good for you.