Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could the NL East race basically be over by the All Star break?

Discuss
  • Options
    pretty, very pretty...and getting prettier every day.

Philadelphia 30 20 .600 - - 7-3 W5 17-11 5-3 6-5 2-1 12-14 18-6 17-16 13-4 4-1 7-3 282 253 27-23 6/2 @ SD, W 10-5 6/3 @ SD, 10:05P
    New York 28 23 .549 2.5 110 6-4 L2 15-9 7-7 4-6 2-1 17-9 11-14 21-19 7-4 2-3 10-9 240 219 28-23 6/2 @ PIT, L 1-3 6/3 @ PIT, 7:05P
    Atlanta 26 25 .510 4.5 108 5-5 W2 12-10 6-7 5-8 3-0 12-12 14-13 15-18 11-7 3-2 9-7 226 229 25-26 6/2 vs CHC, W 6-5 6/3 vs CHC, 7:00P
    Florida 25 28 .472 6.5 105 6-4 W2 16-10 4-10 4-6 1-2 11-14 14-14 13-22 12-6 5-3 6-5 248 273 24-29 6/2 vs MIL, W 10-3 6/3 vs MIL, 7:10P
    Washington 14 36 .280 16.0 97 2-8 W1 5-25 3-5 5-4 1-2 8-16 6-20 10-25 4-11 0-6 5-8 250 314 20-30 6/2 vs SF, W 10-6 6/3 vs SF, 7:05P

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hello...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

....next
  • Options
    Now a 3 length lead:

Philadelphia 31 20 .608 - - 8-2 W6 17-11 5-3 7-5 2-1 12-14 19-6 18-16 13-4 4-1 7-3 287 254 28-23 6/3 @ SD, W 5-1 6/4 @ LAD, 10:10P
    New York 28 23 .549 3.0 109 6-4 L2 15-9 7-7 4-6 2-1 17-9 11-14 21-19 7-4 2-3 10-9 240 219 28-23 6/2 @ PIT, L 1-3 6/4 @ PIT, 12:35P
    Atlanta 26 26 .500 5.5 106 4-6 L1 12-10 6-8 5-8 3-0 12-13 14-13 15-18 11-8 3-3 9-8 228 232 26-26 6/3 vs CHC, L 2-3 6/4 vs CHC, 7:00P
    Florida 25 29 .463 7.5 103 6-4 L1 16-10 4-11 4-6 1-2 11-15 14-14 13-23 12-6 5-3 6-5 254 282 24-30 6/3 vs MIL, L 6-9 6/4 vs MIL, 7:10P
    Washington 14 36 .280 16.5 96 2-8 W1 5-25 3-5 5-4 1-2 8-16 6-20 10-25 4-11 0-6 5-8 250 314 20-30 6/2 vs SF, W 10-6 6/4 vs SF, 4:35P
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hey - Steve look on the bright side...

at least the Mutz didnt lose...image

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    3 gems pitched by the Phils. The rest have no shot!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>3 gems pitched by the Phils. The rest have no shot!

Kevin >>

We knew the Phils pitching had to improve, it couldn't get worse, and the bats will get even better.

This NL East race could basically be over sometime in August.

I'm already looking forward to a Phillies-Yankees WS to get payback for 1950. Ha!
  • Options
    Arn't the Dodgers one of the best teams in baseball?

I couldn't tell

Sincerely,
    Cole Hamels
    Complete Game
    Didn't even throw 100 pitches
    or break a sweat

• Options
    dodgers, smodgers
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Phils drop two games, two nights in a row they should have won.

It must really suck to not have a closer
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    If the Sillies lost 3 or 4 starters to injuries the lineup that they
    would put out there would resemble a grapefruit league lineup too.

It's a long season fellas, talk doo doo all you want. The bottom line, come October
    I'll be seeing a lot of Mets sig lines around here.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Charlie freakin Manual is as stuborn as a mule.

Kevin
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Arn't the Dodgers one of the best teams in baseball?

I couldn't tell

Sincerely,
    Cole Hamels
    Complete Game
    or break a sweat >>

That's why they play 162 games a year. Any team or pitcher can have a great day. Lets see, didn't the Dodgers have a fairly good series when they were in Philly this year? Oh yes, they have won the last two against the Phillies too....

Where are you J.S.? Are you under the bed? image
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice to see the Phils drop two games, two nights in a row they should have won.

It must really suck to not have a closer >>

Not having a good closer right now sucks much less than not being able to beat the Pirates or Nationals. image

Heck, Tony Romo is laughing at the Mets these days.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Arn't the Dodgers one of the best teams in baseball?

I couldn't tell

Sincerely,
    Cole Hamels
    Complete Game
    or break a sweat >>

That's why they play 162 games a year. Any team or pitcher can have a great day. Lets see, didn't the Dodgers have a fairly good series when they were in Philly this year? Oh yes, they have won the last two against the Phillies too....

Where are you J.S.? Are you under the bed? image >>

We have owned you all at your place for 25 innings, sure you beat up our closer, but I wouldn't be happy about that. You have NO offense and you can't
    even fill the stands half way. Beating up on the weak #*@(&amp;* NL West won't mean anything come September. You all couldn't even take us 6 games in the
    playoffs with CC and Manny, not you have neither.

Nothing to gloat about if I was a Dodgers fan!

Kevin
  • Options
    I dislike the Phillies, but I want a Bastardo jersey.
  • Options

<< <i>I dislike the Phillies, but I want a Bastardo jersey. >>

They read "I am the Great Bastardo" image
  • Options

<< <i>

Heck, Tony Romo is laughing at the Mets these days. >>

That's good stuff Keith image
  • Options
    Phillies gonna win the game tonight and get a split with supposedly the best team in baseball in their house, and the Phillies could have easily swept this team with a little bit of luck.

I feel it's high time for everyone to acknowledge that the Philadelphia Phillies are the best team in baseball...and the best team of the 21st century.
  • Options

<< <i>Shuddup >>

No Bastardo jersey for you! image
  • Options
    welcome to the majors sclicting!!
  • Options
    Dear Dodgers - Gonna be no comeback for you tonight!
  • Options

<< <i>Dear Dodgers - Gonna be no comeback for you tonight! >>

I take it Lidge didn't have to pitch??LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dear Dodgers - Gonna be no comeback for you tonight! >>

I take it Lidge didn't have to pitch??LOL >>

shaddap
  • Options
    should of been a Phils sweep, worst part was having to hear about Manny every single second, add in Joe Morgan and I was about to
    shoot myself.

Off to bury the Mets now.

Kevin
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Phillies gonna win the game tonight and get a split with supposedly the best team in baseball in their house, and the Phillies could have easily swept this team with a little bit of luck.

I feel it's high time for everyone to acknowledge that the Philadelphia Phillies are the best team in baseball...and the best team of the 21st century. >>

Umm, didn't the Dodgers take 2 of 3 in your house? Phillies are very good, nobody's gonna deny that, but the Dodgers aren't exactly slouches, either.

Season series: Dodgers 4, Phillies 3

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Should of been a Phils sweep,

lol get a clue, I'll help you along,,,,,,,,L I D G E does not spell relief in 09.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Should of been a Phils sweep,

lol get a clue, I'll help you along,,,,,,,,L I D G E does not spell relief in 09.

Steve >>

Thanks Steve - with your history of making negative posts against the Phillies, and then the Phillies always turn things around immediately after your posts, I now expect
    Lidge not to blow another save opportunity the rest of the season. Ha! Ha!

BTW - The Phillies are in first place in the NL East just in case you can't bear any longer to check the standings and see how far your mercenaries are outa first place. Ha! Ha! Ha Ha!
  • Options

<< <i>should of been a Phils sweep,.

Kevin >>

Kevin,

It doesn't matter what it should have been. The Dodgers got the 2 W's against the Phillies and split the series and have the better record against the Phills this year. That's all the matters.

Don't you realize the games are 9 innings and do have extra innings for a tie????

<< <i>We have owned you all at your place for 25 innings, sure you beat up our closer, but I wouldn't be happy about that. >>

So if the Phillies are playing a game that they are losing the entire game and then they pull it out in the 9th or extra innings and win it...You aren't happy? Or you should be embarrassed? No, you should be happy that your team pulls it out.

The Dodgers clearly have had pitching issues throughout the entire season and their bats have been inconsistent throughout the year, yet they seem to find a way to grind out some W's this year. Again it's a 162 game season so we'll see what happens.

<< <i>You have NO offense and you can't
    even fill the stands half way. >>

Attendence for yesterday's game was 42,288
    Attendence for Saturday's game was 41,412
    Attendence for Friday's game was 52,538
    Attendence for Thursday's game was 33,839

So you are saying that Dodger Stadium holds over 80,000 people. Are you more stupid than I thought?

Did you think that maybe lots of fans decided to stay at home on Thursday night and Sunday to watch the Lakers game? Yes they did.

<< <i>Beating up on the weak #*@(&amp;* NL West won't mean anything come September. >>

The Dodgers have been winning games against the entire NL and yes it does matter if they do beat up the teams in the NL West. The Dodgers will be in a position to be in the playoffs and hopefully they will pull of a trade or an pick up a free agent. Plus their young players like Ethier, Kemp and Martin will only be getting better
  • Options
    no Bman, the only thing that matter is the Phillies beat the snot out of the Dodgers in the championship game last year. Even with the great Manny and
    CC, you all couldn't even win 2 against us. I saw nothing in this series for me to believe that the same thing wouldn't happen if we meet again this
    year.

oh and congrats to Furcal on getting his second homer of the season.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>no Bman, the only thing that matter is the Phillies beat the snot out of the Dodgers in the championship game last year. Even with the great Manny and
    CC, you all couldn't even win 2 against us. I saw nothing in this series for me to believe that the same thing wouldn't happen if we meet again this
    year.

Kevin >>

I will never argue with someone's opinion Kev...I will be more than glad to post the facts to your wrong observations like I did in the above post.

Yes the Phillies won last year, but it's a new season.

The Dodgers haven't had Manny and Furcal is struggling on both offense and defense, and they lack pitching....But they are certainly on track the last time I checked the standings in ALL of MLB. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>no Bman, the only thing that matter is the Phillies beat the snot out of the Dodgers in the championship game last year. Even with the great Manny and
    year.

Kevin >>

I will never argue with someone's opinion Kev...I will be more than glad to post the facts to your wrong observations like I did in the above post.

Yes the Phillies won last year, but it's a new season.

The Dodgers haven't had Manny and Furcal is struggling on both offense and defense, and they lack pitching....But they are certainly on track the last time I checked the standings in ALL of MLB. image >>

Like I said, the Dodgers have played plenty of weak NL West teams, not a true test in my opinion. None the less your starting pitching looks to be on
    target and will keep you all in games. Good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you in the post season!

Kevin
  • Options
    Screw you Mets, we blew up Santana and sent him over the wall countless times, if Dobbs would only freaking swing. What a waste.

Kevin
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It's about time the METS played an easy team!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Phillies are still in first place. double Ha! Ha!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Phillies are still in first place. double Ha! Ha! >>

imageimage

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philly fans are good at making excuses, LMAO!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Phillies are still in first place. double Ha! Ha! >>

imageimage

image >>

LOLimage
  • Options
    Actually I like this, give the Pets fans hope, and then watch those hopes get crushed again in September - that makes it more fun. Ha! Ha! Ha!
  • Options

<< <i>Actually I like this, give the Pets fans hope, and then watch those hopes get crushed again in September - that makes it more fun. Ha! Ha! Ha! >>

Ain't gonna happen man. Unlike in previous years, we have a bullpen and a solid closer.

You know, the thing the Silllies don't have.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually I like this, give the Pets fans hope, and then watch those hopes get crushed again in September - that makes it more fun. Ha! Ha! Ha! >>

Ain't gonna happen man. Unlike in previous years, we have a bullpen and a solid closer.

You know, the thing the Silllies don't have. >>

...and the Mets don't have first place...quadruple Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

...and the Mets don't have first place...quadruple Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! >>

Matter of time. I like being in second for now. That way at the end of the season when the Mets beat out the Phills, it will be a nice little payback
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

...and the Mets don't have first place...quadruple Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! >>

Matter of time. I like being in second for now. That way at the end of the season when the Mets beat out the Phills, it will be a nice little payback >>

There may be a NY team in the WS, but not from the National League.
  • Options
    Phillies - Yankees in the World Series with the Phillies winning...it's already in the Baseball Encyclopedia
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 game lead dwindling faster than SteveK's bankroll at Happy Hour at the Corner Bar, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>2 game lead dwindling faster than SteveK's bankroll at Happy Hour at the Corner Bar, LOL!! >>

I need another Sam Adams after this game. Make it a double.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2 game lead dwindling faster than SteveK's bankroll at Happy Hour at the Corner Bar, LOL!! >>

I need another Sam Adams after this game. Make it a double. >>

Sounds good! I think I'll go grab a Rolling Rock. Thanks for the idea. It's the only thing you said tonight that makes any senseimage