Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>yeah somebody's closer sucks more than ours, good day >>

I don't know who your closer is, but there can't be a pitcher in the league with worst stats than Lidge. Phils were down 3-2 come back and go up 4-3 and
    Lidge can't even get an out. He has to go.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Dude, I feel your pain. We had Jason Isringhausen last year. I'm not sure Lidge can hold his jock in the "Sucks Ass" catagory.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Brad Lidge is officially the worst pitcher in baseball and Chuck Manual is officially the most stuborn SOB in baseball.

enough with this, mitch williams is dead and gone. >>

He does have believe it or not 28 saves, but he has blown 9 saves, and yes the Phils need to do something...can't win a championship with a closer pitching like that. Phillies are good enough to coast in the NL East with some blown saves, but a blown save or two in a short playoff series can be a killer.

Phils are a playoff lock so Manuel has around 40 games left to sort it all out...perhaps Myers comes back as a closer or something.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to Phillies fans: Madson looks no better!

Sincerely,

The Pirates

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Note to Phillies fans: Madson looks no better!

Sincerely,

The Pirates >>

guys on 2nd and 3rd no outs and we can't score? Madson should of had a 3 run lead in the 9th, unfreaking believable. Ben Fransico sucks@#)#*@)#(*)@
  • Options
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM >>

You said it, man.

You said it.

Happy trails.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    BWAHAHAHA, Thanks Garret Jones, Pirates take 2 of 3. bammmmmmm
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    S.F. Giants just finished sweeping the Rockies and are now tied for the N.L. Wild Card lead. Three game series against the Phillies starting on Tuesday. Going to be fun!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>S.F. Giants just finished sweeping the Rockies and are now tied for the N.L. Wild Card lead. Three game series against the Phillies starting on Tuesday. Going to be fun!

/s/ JackWESQ >>

More fun for you than me...while I still enjoy these games, the NL East race has long been over and I'm just waiting for the playoffs...perhaps it will be against the Giants?

Good luck...except against my Phillies. image
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not over, but taking 2 out of 3 from Atlanta and then the Braves having to face Florida is a great sign.