Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee's no hitter got broken up. image
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know what time the Phillies game starts tonight, it seems like batting practice is going extra long tonight.

Signed
    Power and Brute Force >>

wait'll the playoffs start - it's gonna get ugly for the opposing pitchers...some may ask for combat pay.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Cliff Lee just singled in the 8th! Batting a cool .278
  • Options
    Are you freaking kidding me? We pay Nolan Lee all this money and the guy doesn't even break a sweat! Dude just pitched a 104 pitch masterpiece compete game. Mark
    Reynolds and his 38 homers went 0 for 4 with 4K's.

This guy is just sick.

I haven't checked, howd the Mets doing?
  • Options

<< <i>Are you freaking kidding me? We pay Nolan Lee all this money and the guy doesn't even break a sweat! Dude just pitched a 104 pitch masterpiece compete game. Mark

This guy is just sick.

I haven't checked, howd the Mets doing? >>

Mets are doing better than usual tonight...they're only down by 12 runs...they're making progress.
  • Options
    I just watched a bit of the Mets game, there is like 3 people left in the stadium! LMMFAO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I saw an ad today in the NY Times placed by the Mets:

Help wanted: players
  • Options
    I can see it now, the 20 or so Met fans that were here at the beginning of the season are all over at the La Quinta...

Hotel Clerk: "ah yes would you like a King or two twins"

Met Fans: "ahh, can we have 2 Kings??"

Maybe the Met can pick up Serta as a sponsor!
  • Options
    Looking better.

Philadelphia 68 49 .581 - - 7-3 W3 27-19 18-6 17-12 6-12 31-29 37-20 45-35 23-14 9-5 16-13 614 523 67-50 8/19 vs ARI, W 8-1 8/20 vs ARI, 7:05P
    Florida 64 56 .533 5.5 39 8-2 L1 24-17 14-17 16-14 10-8 34-28 30-28 39-40 25-16 7-6 21-14 574 570 60-60 8/19 @ HOU, L 3-6 8/20 @ HOU, 8:05P
    Atlanta 63 57 .525 6.5 38 7-3 W1 24-18 15-16 17-15 7-8 32-27 31-30 38-39 25-18 8-3 20-17 546 488 66-54 8/19 @ NYM, W 15-2 8/20 @ NYM, 7:10P
    New York 56 64 .467 13.5 31 5-5 L1 21-21 17-14 13-19 5-10 33-28 23-36 44-47 12-17 4-7 16-16 512 562 55-65 8/19 vs ATL, L 2-15 8/20 vs ATL, 7:10P
    Washington 43 77 .358 26.5 18 5-5 L2 13-34 13-20 10-12 7-11 26-35 17-42 34-59 9-18 4-8 13-19 544 647 51-69 8/19 vs COL, L 4-5 8/20 vs COL, 7:05P
  • Options
    I think the real question is:

can we go back to back to back?

I think we can
  • Options

<< <i>I think the real question is:

can we go back to back to back?

I think we can >>

Phillies without question are the best team in baseball right now, and Charlie knows what it takes to keep them sharp going into the playoffs...it's gonna take a red hot opposing team and some bad luck to keep the Phils from repeating....Phillies should crush the two NL teams in the playoffs.

Phillies - Yankees WS...I say bring it on!!!...I'm predicting a 4 - 2 Series win for the Phils.

then...back to back to back is a possibility.
  • Options
    Yankees don't scare me at all, even with that phone booth they call a stadium.

So three Phillies are up for the Hank Aaron award. Howard and Worth aren't two of them!

This team is loaded!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you freaking kidding me? We pay Nolan Lee all this money and the guy doesn't even break a sweat! Dude just pitched a 104 pitch masterpiece compete game. Mark

This guy is just sick.

I haven't checked, howd the Mets doing? >>

they are down by two touchdowns right now....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Yankees don't scare me at all, even with that phone booth they call a stadium.

lol Like the Phillies don't play in one too.

I guess if you say something enough times someone will believe you huh Kevin?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I don't think the Phillies will lose ever again.

Sincerely,
  • Options
    Maybe the Mutz should build a new stadium....

oops...sorry they just did...

signed...
    stop making excuses...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Who was making excuses?

The post was the Yanks play in a bandbox, the reply was so do the Phils.

Just another post that if said enough times you think people will start believing you.

Met fans have not made any excuses, they don't have too.

Before you post more gibberish make sure you are on the right page.

Lest you become Stalin jr.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Who was making excuses?

The post was the Yanks play in a bandbox, the reply was so do the Phils.

Just another post that if said enough times you think people will start believing you.

Met fans have not made any excuses, they don't have too.

Before you post more gibberish make sure you are on the right page.

Lest you become Stalin jr.

Steve >>

<<< Lest you become Stalin jr. >>>

now that's an insult to anybody image
  • Options

- uncut

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yankees don't scare me at all, even with that phone booth they call a stadium.

So three Phillies are up for the Hank Aaron award. Howard and Worth aren't two of them!

This team is loaded! >>

For the last time bandwagon boy, his name is WERTH not Worth.

I can't think of a better definition for "bandwagon fan" then to not know how to spell the names of the players you call your own....pathetic!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, Matt! Guess Kevin doesn't have close captioned TV when he watches those ESPN highlights, LMAO!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Whats up with the massive strike zone that F Fraud got in the 9th? that was a pathetic way to get your guy thorugh the inning! Too bad Hamels didn't
    get those calls.
  • Options
  • Options
    Whats up with the massive strike zone that F Fraud got in the 9th? that was a pathetic way to get your guy thorugh the inning! Too bad Hamels didn't
    get those calls.

LOL, more excuses from the bandwagon man! P.S. Roasted Camel tastes just like chicken! LMAO!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    At least he showed, where are the other members of the peanut gallery?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>At least he showed, where are the other members of the peanut gallery?

Steve >>

Mets fans chirpin' after winning a game being 13.5 games out - isn't that illegal?
  • Options

<< <i>At least he showed, where are the other members of the peanut gallery?

Steve >>

We're feeding our peanuts to the white elephants in the Mets thread. image
  • Options
    Next time show up before you get called out.

That way it will mean something.

Sorry your team got beat by a bunch of 26th man players last night.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Next time show up before you get called out.

That way it will mean something.

Sorry your team got beat by a bunch of 26th man players last night.

Steve >>

Careful Steve, the bitterness is showing.

Mets fans don't call me out. I decide when to post and do so through good and bad.
  • Options
    Keith I know you do.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hamels hasn't beaten the Mets since 2006...

• Options
    chirp
  • Options
    Phillies looking like Secretariat out there in full stride - pulling away from the other NL East teams. I guess the only question is will the Phillies win the division by double digits or not?
  • Options
    Ryan freaking Howard just eliminated the Mets from the 2009 season. Goodbye now!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hamels hasn't beaten the Mets since 2006... >>

That's OK. The Mets Don't Need Cole's Help To Stage Another Collapse. This Fan Summed It All Up Yesterday. Ohhhh Myyy! >>

I love how Phillie fan waited till the guy's back was turned. What a man!
  • Options
    Can Met fans kindly get out of here, this thread is for winners only.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's OK. The Mets Don't Need Cole's Help To Stage Another Collapse. This Fan Summed It All Up Yesterday. Ohhhh Myyy! >>

I love how Phillie fan waited till the guy's back was turned. What a man! >>

Guess you're right.

Here's a man for you.

Dude you are so wild! Can you steal candy from babies too?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I love how Phillie fan waited till the guy's back was turned. What a man! >>

Guess you're right.

Here's a man for you.

Dude you are so wild! Can you steal candy from babies too? >>

One can find videos of all kinds of a$$hole fans from all kinds of sports teams. I fail to see the reason for justifying one obvious chicken sh!t by the posting of another that just so happens to wear a different jersey.

• Options

<< <i>
    One can find videos of all kinds of a$$hole fans from all kinds of sports teams. I fail to see the reason for justifying one obvious chicken sh!t by the posting of another that just so happens to wear a different jersey. >>

Both happened this weekend at Citi Field. There's your justification.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    One can find videos of all kinds of a$$hole fans from all kinds of sports teams. I fail to see the reason for justifying one obvious chicken sh!t by the posting of another that just so happens to wear a different jersey. >>

Both happened this weekend at Citi Field. There's your justification. >>

Oh okay, thanks!

So basically what you're saying, whether you're a Phillie fan that just so happens to live in NY or a Phillie that lives in PA, the common thread between them is being a chicken sh1t....I get it imageimage
  • Options
    There were more Philly fans in the stands today than Mutt fans. Classic

woof woof
  • Options
    There were more Philly fans in the stands today than Mutt fans. Classic

woof woof

So says the guy who has never attended a single Phillies game since "1980", LMAO!!

• Options
    Actually I saw the Phillies this summer in Orlando.

Grote, its 8:19, and the Mets still suck
  • Options
    Actually I saw the Phillies this summer in Orlando.

Grote, its 8:19, and the Mets still suck

Did you make sure & tell everyone there that you were a bandwagon fan? Knowing you, you probly wore a Ramirez jersey with a Marlins logo, LMAO!

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Brad Lidge is officially the worst pitcher in baseball and Chuck Manual is officially the most stuborn SOB in baseball.

enough with this, mitch williams is dead and gone.
  • Options
    Brad Lidge is officially the worst pitcher in baseball and Chuck Manual is officially the most stuborn SOB in baseball.

enough with this, mitch williams is dead and gone.

The guy won you a ring last year, spoken just like a bandwagon fan..what a surprise..

• Options
    He was lights out last year, we all know that, he is done now, move on.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    yeah somebody's closer sucks more than ours, good day
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set